Anchor Staffing Employee Reviews in United States

Just not a good company
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 20, 2015
This company is awful. They don't care about their employees. I was not comfortable and asked plenty of times to be changed to a different jobs and they ignored me. I never wanted to stay at this place but they forced me to. They have NOOOOO type of job security. Find somewhere else to move. They are horrible people.
Pros
They got me a job fast
Cons
Horrible pay, no benefits, no raise, no opportunity for advancement
Not a very good place to work for
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 15, 2016
I worked for Anchor Staffing as a temporary associate. I worked as an order puller for them at Hollingsworth logistics management. My days were spent being productive and helpful to my fellow colleagues who valued and respected me. My supervisor was fair and helpful,and wouldn't ask anything of me that he wouldn't do himself. The most challenging part of my job was that upper management didn't seem to respect their associates and were always eager to let us know where "the door " was located if we had issues regarding the work we had to perform.
Pros
Steady paycheck
Cons
Not being valued or respected as an employee
Temp to Permanent Hire needed
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2016
Enjoyed culture of agency however there was issues with temp to perm opportunities/ job advancement. Was given a tremendous amount of responsibility and a small hourly wage.
Productive Work Environment, Good Leaders, and a Foosball Table
Senior Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 5, 2015
Love working here. There is lots of potential to grow with them. Management is great and friendly to work with. They stick with an open doors policy.

You will spend a lot of time on the phone so a strong upbeat personality is a must.

The hardest part is making sure you are up to the fast pace and the long hours, but all of that pays off in the end.
Pros
benefits, hour lunch, foosball table, fast growth potential
Cons
long hours and can get stressful if you are not able to manage a fast paced enviorment
It's ok for an Entry Level Position
Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 6, 2016
Overall a good place if you are fresh out of, and are looking to gain some experience however, I would not recomend this place for long term employment. Seems like its hard to move up within the organization.
Pros
Good People to work with
Cons
No structure
Good company to work for except for not following thru with promises of job security
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 15, 2016
Work was a perfect fit for me but company did not follow thru with permanent employment with was promised. Co workers were great and I loved what I did but because of accident that was not my fault they did not help me find new employment
Not an honest placement agency
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2016
Not an honest agency, tell lots of lies and send you to jobs under titles that have nothing to do with what you'll actually be doing. I did learn a lot on the assignment I was on as well as worked with a great group of people, but wouldn't recommend anyone to apply with Anchor Staffing.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Deceptive, not straight up with their employees
Very large,& productive shop
General laborer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIFebruary 19, 2016
Very clean environment, & seemed everyone was polite. Everyone is just too busy to keep up with the competition. I never got proper training the short period of time that I worked there.
Pros
Very clean
Cons
Take's a long time to get to break area
Nothing to offer people
general labor (Former Employee) –  Livonia miOctober 10, 2015
They pay you 8.40 for hard labor 10 hrs a day. No room for advancement. I can say the pay is sick and I worked 1 day and will never go back they slave labor you. Good luck
Pros
job was close to my home
Cons
pay suck. ain't worth wasting your time at all
The staff was nice and willing to help
Help Desk Agent/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2016
I worked for anchor and the staff was nice and willing to help. The saff placed me in a job with in 3 weeks of taking the test. I would always call, and the staff was there to pick up the phone.
Pros
Nice office location
Cons
Need more accounts for people to work at, the pay could be better
good pay, plinty of hr's.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Parma, MISeptember 3, 2013
deferring jobs at maci.. good pay and excellent benefits .do not acquire points and you'll get hired in much faster.
lots of hr's.1st we come in to a briefing and thin stretching.
off to your duty's. in most departments its ezy work once you get the hang of it. in my department their is a lot of cross training for deferent jobs that you will be preforming.
5 types of management: plant shift manager, manager ,team leader, assistant team leader and a person in charge.
my coworkers are very immature.
for me the stress of the coworkers and the sporadic music from faulting out machines is not worth the 800 a week or the excellent benefits
Pros
top pay.excellent benefits
Cons
stress from emmature peple, and cross traning, 12r 7days
Working on one of its main assignments in the logistics industry.
Forklift Driver/ Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Redford, MIOctober 7, 2012
This company hires a variety of employees but is bias to its own race of people when it comes to doing things right, wrong, and firing people. Getting hired in to a company takes a very long time if that, management complains about things they don't need to and doesn't complain about things they should, and pay is not reflective of the work performed.
Pros
get a certain amount of unpaid time off during the year.
Cons
no raises, hard to move up in the company.

Comment – December 22, 2012

I have experience of 10 years for growth driver in warehouse work loading and unloading freight

Temporary job agency
BestBuy Appliance Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJDecember 29, 2015
Assist with finding a temporary job that may become permanent. Agency pays weekly and gives updates on progression on a weely basis
fast pace and and alot of overtime
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MINovember 27, 2015
they allow a lot of overtime and always help employees find work when the work area gets slow ,,, when employees need help with things they provide detailed help to help you get it done right
Pros
alot of overtime
Cons
over work there employees
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDDecember 1, 2015
wish I still worked for this company. very friendly, good pay, fun environment. brought in breakfast on Fridays, had seasonal company happy hours
horrible temp agency
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parma, MINovember 17, 2015
High turn over ratio; do not care about their employees or family emergencies and play favorites. The supervisors at the companies treat the temp employees like garbage because they are already hired in
work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 8, 2015
packaging parts and getting them ready to be shipped. how the parts are packaged. a lot of time on your feet. the end of the day was the best part.
Not productive
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MINovember 8, 2015
This is a temp job, and it's just that. I'm in the field of helping people, not hindering them, so I knew this wasn't the job for me.
Pros
you get 12 hours
Cons
poor communication, unwilling to bend for medical needs
Same as MACI but with no benefits and lower pay
Temporary Staff (Former Employee) –  Parma, MIApril 9, 2014
Only work here if you are desperate. Treated and worked like dogs. Only way to get a job at MACI or TAC.
Pros
get a job at maci or tac
Cons
no benefits, poor pay, long hours, strict/unfair rules
production assembly line
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 6, 2015
Load unload automotive parts into machine for assembly line to be prepared for shipping. Cleaning the parts for defects to be approved for customers.
Pros
Temporary
Cons
no long term postions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anchor Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.