We are actively seeking a strong iOS Developer with experience in Cocoa to work as an Apple iOS Developer. You’ll work on the client-side team providing your expertise in leading the development of our next-generation client for our flagship product, Hotspot Shield. As an iOS app developer you should have a passion for, and expert-level of proficiency with iOS development internals, multi-threaded programming, networking programming and some Socket programming. Additional experience with background process development such as Launch Agent daemons and working with VPN clients is a strong plus.
Collaborate with Engineering leadership to design, develop and create our technology presence on the iOS platform. Work with partners and product team to improve adoption of our mobile products. Rapidly create prototypes, synthesize feedback and develop a production quality release candidate. Work on the next generation of security platform that will impact millions of users. Design, develop and test new software products, as well as supporting existing commercial products.
- Skilled developer iOS / Mobile software engineer (skilled in iOS developer tools) Sound knowledge of OS networking and experience with CF Networking
- Familiar with both Manual Retain Release and Automatic Reference Counting when managing memory
- Very comfortable with unit testing and rapid release cycles
- Expert in iOS development tools such as XCode 4, Cocoa and others
- Ability to Debug and Profile a Cocoa Touch application
- Skilled objected-oriented analysis, design and implementation
- Ability to complete code with minimum supervision
- A track record of published applications to the App Store
Preferable Job Qualifications:
- DNS/BSD Sockets/CF Networking
- Virtual private networks, SSL
- Agile development experience
- Open Source contribution is a plus
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent job experience
AnchorFree Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- Excellent employee stock option plan
- Relocation assistance available
- Free food and drinks
- Foosball, Gym and showers, Pool table, Table Tennis
- FREE Medical, Dental and Vision
- Easy Access to Caltrain and Light Rail (free pass)
- New Laptop (mac or pc) and Monitor
- Employee discounts on HP, Apple and Verizon
AnchorFree’s mission is to provide secure and private access to the world’s information for every person on the planet. AnchorFree’s Hotspot Shield app is the world’s most popular freedom and privacy platform, that has had over 250 million downloads on mobile devices and computers. Hotspot Shield is the starting point, for mobile and Web access, making all applications and websites secure, private and accessible. Hotspot Shield is the biggest disrupter of Internet censorship, enabling freedom for millions of people to access all of the world’s information. AnchorFree has been named among America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes in 2013 and 2014, the AnchorFree founders have been profiled by Inc, Fortune and Forbes and have won numerous awards for leadership, entrepreneurship and innovation. AnchorFree is growing by 6 million new downloads of Hotspot Shield per month.
Funded by $63 million from Goldman Sachs, Bert Roberts (the former CEO and chairman of MCI), Esther Dyson (Board Director WPP and Yandex), Doug Maine (former CFO of IBM), and Subrah Iyar (founder of Webex), AnchorFree is focused on bringing online privacy and freedom to the next billion Internet users.