Andersen Consulting Employee Reviews

Terrible
Change Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2017
My experience with Andersen Consulting (now Accenture) was that if you had "bad news" about a project (issues that needed to be resolved), the partners did not want to hear about any issues. They only want to hear how you are meeting deadlines and "making the impossible happen" (regardless if that "impossible" was really what the client wanted or needed).
Accenture carries on the traditions
Change Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 16, 2017
Whether you’re just beginning your career, making a career change or ready to take your career to the next level, we have a role for you at Accenture. We offer tight-knit teams and opportunities to build and hone your skills in each of the five areas of our business and the corporate functions that support them
Very much a tight knit company.
Proficiency Development Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 14, 2017
I liked the group I worked with but you definitely needed to fit a certain stereotype...I went to a seminar once and all were dressed in the same blue suits and had the same look. Weird. They are now called Accenture.
Really enjoyed working here
Resume Management (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2017
I enjoyed being a part of the team that implemented the training database and also the training tool used to train staff for that team of recruiter and the resume management team utilized.
not relevant any longer
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 24, 2017
As they've changed names and culture however my time with Andersen was fun while it lasted. Seeing as it was over 20 years ago I don't feel anything said here would be useful to anyone today.
This is an old job
Network/PC Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2017
This is an old job that I do not feel is appropriate to review. I cannot at this time provide a reasonable review of what this company is like given the time that has passed.
Fast paced consulting life
Experienced Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2017
Accenture as Andersen became after I left is a well regarded consulting firm. Their size and expertise allow them to implement projects few other firms can. It is a very fast paced environment that asks a lot of their employees.
Excellent company that invests in their people
Senior Project Manager - Engagement Controller (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJuly 7, 2015
Andersen/Accenture is one of the largest global services companies. They are world class in every aspect and truly take care of their people. They provide the best training to all their employees and consistently adapt to the changing needs of a billion dollar company in the consulting and software arena.
Pros
An amazing team environment and opportunity for promotion
Cons
Travel can be excessive at times
fun workplace
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2015
Accenture was diverse and the management team was phenomenal. This was a great place to work, starting out right out of college. I was able to learn a lot in the Accounts Payable department.
Long Hours, No Direction
Team Lead Product Test Execution (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 13, 2014
No personal mentoring and long hours. Lack of true ownership does not fit my work needs.

Want to know more about Andersen Consulting?

Ask a question
Over Paid Bean Counter
Training Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2014
This was the big break I had been hoping for ... the big job in Chicago.

I was not challenged in my work. I applied for positions that would maximize my skills and was denied purely due to length of time on the job.
Great company.
Process Lead Global Procurement (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2014
No expense spared to make the work experience worthwhile. Great work/life balance. Great job experiences.
Pros
No expense spared to make accomodation for the employees
Cons
Travel
Strong foundation and learning experience
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Latin AmericaSeptember 16, 2013
Great place to work when starting a career given the high demand of hours required by projects.
Productive place to work.
Computer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJune 11, 2013
High quality respectable co-workers. There was constant re-org.
Pros
Well organized
Cons
Little growth
Andersen Consulting
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 24, 2013
Predecessor of Accenture; great collegial work environment; interesting projects; 80% travel
Awesome enviornment, fun, busy.
Mail Center Clerk/ Work Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2013
Happy times. One of my best jobs ever. I was promoted to Work-Coordinator, got a nice raise and worked with a great team I will never forget what a great and happy job it was.
Pros
lunch time, breaks, working hard, and having fun.
Cons
sometimes working late but that comes with the job!!!!
Work Hard, Play Hard Culture
Senior Consultant, Technology and e.Business (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 31, 2013
Now known as Accenture, Andersen Consulting was a great way to see a broad range of Business ventures in a short amount of time. With many engagements not exceeding six months you are able to see different businesses and work different processes thus driving personal exposure, knowledge and competency up.

Non-stop travel was the challenge for me especially once I started a family. Not very family friendly from that respect but that is the nature of the business. That was prime reason for my departure.

Would definitely consider returning though for the right conditions/ reasons.
Pros
diverse exposure, innovative approaches
Cons
travel and the occasional bad assignment with a struggling leader (i.e. out on an island)
Flexible
Systems Engineer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 20, 2013
Could make my own schedule. The job was very flexible.
Learned high end technology
Co-workers were back stabbers. Very stressful work environment due to this.
Traveling was fun at first but than got hard on my body.
Pros
flexible
Fast pace exciting enviornment
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CA USADecember 29, 2012
Everyday work is always on the go. Internal IT support plus providing external support is very exciting and has its challenges when trying to resolve and extinguish computer related issues.

There are new and different challenges in learning many aspects in a large company such as this one. There are many non-job related responsibilities that gets into the IT picture and most of the time it becomes part of your everyday tasks. However, it may become a challenge in juggling these things, but getting it accomplished has a personal reward in getting the job done and this becomes part of the ever increasing, learning field of the IT world.

Having a good and reliable team to work with has its challenges in regards to cooperation and successfully completing a task. But being a team player and having others that believe to have the same mind set results in the outcome being successful.

The hardest part of a job is not having enough or the right tools to get the job done.

What makes a job enjoyable is having a company of people who will have a proactive position to complete a job and having the satisfaction and the acknowledgment of a job well done.
Pros
company has year round social actiivities
Cons
not enough personal vacation
Great Place to Work
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 3, 2012
Great management team and very effective consulting practice. The methodology creates a very energetic place to work!