Andersen Consulting Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 26, 2015
Accenture was diverse and the management team was phenomenal. This was a great place to work, starting out right out of college. I was able to learn a lot in the Accounts Payable department.
Long Hours, No Direction
Team Lead Product Test Execution (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 13, 2014
No personal mentoring and long hours. Lack of true ownership does not fit my work needs.
Over Paid Bean Counter
Training Management Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2014
This was the big break I had been hoping for ... the big job in Chicago.

I was not challenged in my work. I applied for positions that would maximize my skills and was denied purely due to length of time on the job.
Great company.
Process Lead Global Procurement (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: no expense spared to make accomodation for the employees
Cons: travel
No expense spared to make the work experience worthwhile. Great work/life balance. Great job experiences.
Strong foundation and learning experience
Consultant (Former Employee), Latin AmericaSeptember 16, 2013
Great place to work when starting a career given the high demand of hours required by projects.
Productive place to work.
Computer Support Technician (Former Employee), Saint Charles, ILJune 11, 2013
Pros: well organized
Cons: little growth
High quality respectable co-workers. There was constant re-org.
Andersen Consulting
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 24, 2013
Predecessor of Accenture; great collegial work environment; interesting projects; 80% travel
Awesome enviornment, fun, busy.
Mail Center Clerk/ Work Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 9, 2013
Pros: lunch time, breaks, working hard, and having fun.
Cons: sometimes working late but that comes with the job!!!!
Happy times. One of my best jobs ever. I was promoted to Work-Coordinator, got a nice raise and worked with a great team I will never forget what a great and happy job it was.
Work Hard, Play Hard Culture
Senior Consultant, Technology and e.Business (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 31, 2013
Pros: diverse exposure, innovative approaches
Cons: travel and the occasional bad assignment with a struggling leader (i.e. out on an island)
Now known as Accenture, Andersen Consulting was a great way to see a broad range of Business ventures in a short amount of time. With many engagements not exceeding six months you are able to see different businesses and work different processes thus driving personal exposure, knowledge and competency up.

Non-stop travel was the challenge for me especially once I started a family. Not very family friendly from that respect but that is the nature of the business. That was prime reason for my departure.

Would definitely consider returning though for the right conditions/ reasons.
Flexible
Systems Engineer Consultant (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: long hours
Could make my own schedule. The job was very flexible.
Learned high end technology
Co-workers were back stabbers. Very stressful work environment due to this.
Traveling was fun at first but than got hard on my body.
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 15, 2013
great people
growing firm

great people
growing firm
Fast pace exciting enviornment
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee), El Segundo, CA USADecember 29, 2012
Pros: company has year round social actiivities
Cons: not enough personal vacation
Everyday work is always on the go. Internal IT support plus providing external support is very exciting and has its challenges when trying to resolve and extinguish computer related issues.

There are new and different challenges in learning many aspects in a large company such as this one. There are many non-job related responsibilities that gets into the IT picture and most of the time it becomes part of your everyday tasks. However, it may become a challenge in juggling these things, but getting it accomplished has a personal reward in getting the job done and this becomes part of the ever increasing, learning field of the IT world.

Having a good and reliable team to work with has its challenges in regards to cooperation and successfully completing a task. But being a team player and having others that believe to have the same mind set results in the outcome being successful.

The hardest part of a job is not having enough or the right tools to get the job done.

What makes a job enjoyable is having a company of people who will have a proactive position to complete a job and having the satisfaction and the acknowledgment of a job well done.
Great Place to Work
IT Consultant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 3, 2012
Great management team and very effective consulting practice. The methodology creates a very energetic place to work!
Great place
Business Development / Project Management (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 17, 2012
Changed Name to Accenture,

Company is now operating under a different name
Before the Accenture days.
Support Staff, Marketing and Communications (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2012
And before "Andersen" was disgraced. An introduction to professional services in the IT realm. "Client/Server" was all the rage...
Tough working environment
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2012
Demanding but lacking humanity toward its employees. Not certain of the value to their clients, though they've been in business (and successful at it) for a very long time. Clearly, they know how to run a consulting business, but their reputation (and my experience) are not positive.