Andersen Tax Employee Reviews

CPAs, Tax Law, Attorneys, EAs
Tax Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 4, 2017
A very good place to work. Highly efficient, advanced systems in excel and pro-systems software, wealth management. Great company with highly effective systems.
My job position was not what I was hired to do.
Tax Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 7, 2017
I was hired to work primarily in the alternative investment practice (primarily partnership.) However, the Partner on a large family group wanted me to work on that engagement since the tax manager on the engagement left shortly after I started. I had worked on that same engagement for that Partner when she was a senior manager at Arthur Andersen. Because of the way she managed the engagement, I didn't have the opportunity to work with the alternative investment group. The partner that I did about 75% of my work with did not provide adequate guidance and did not value by expertise, particularly regarding LLC's, private foundations and issues around allocation of step-ups to the numerous private equity partnerships resulting from the death of the family patriarch.
Pros
Well respected firm
Cons
Employees tended to be very "cliquey."
Fun and educational place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2016
Andersen is a wonderful place to work, with great opportunities to learn and grow. They offer great compensation and benefits.
Too much work, not enough employees
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2016
This is a well established company, but unfortunately does not have enough employees to carry out the work load. 12 hours days normal, 18 hours expected during busy season
Great place to learn
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2016
The people you work with are friendly and want to see you succeed. It is an open door policy where the partners talk to you just to see how you are doing. Busy season hours are manageable. I didn't feel they give you enough time to prove yourself. Seems they use you during busy season and get rid of you when you aren't needed anymore.
Pros
Take care of you during busy season
Cons
Work goes from 60 to 0
Working at Andersen
Associate (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesFebruary 23, 2016
Pros
-Good work life balance
-Decent PTO / benefits
-Nice, warm culture. Laid back
-Somewhat recognized and recovering name

Cons
-Some stigma attached to name
-Middle market, not a big player
-Pay not very competitive
Great company for tax accountants
Tax Intern (Current Employee) –  ChicagoFebruary 4, 2016
I'm currently a tax intern at Andersen Tax. I am a business finance major and have very little experience in accounting. It is a difficult learning curve at first, but a great opportunity and a great place to work. People have been more than willing to help me with my projects and teach me both how and why I am doing what I am doing. You need to have extraordinary attention to detail and be able to focus on a task for large periods of time, otherwise you will make careless errors and have to redo your work, costing both you and the company countless hours. If you're also a non-accounting major but have been extended the internship opportunity, just make sure you are hard-working, detail oriented, self sufficient and have a basic understanding of excel.
Pros
Salary compensation
Cons
Difficult line of work for non-accounting majors
a typical day a Andersen Tax was scanning statements, invoices and bills filling documents, shipping out tax forms to clients of Andersen Tax.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2015
Decent place
Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2015
If you like compliance work, it is a good place to be. Busy season is like any other accounting firm. I will update more later.
It was great atmosphere to work with good people
Administrative Assistant/ Practical Aid (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2015
My typical day involved me preparing tax for high profile clients. What I have learned is how to put taxes together to send to the IRS.There was time management leave jobs decision up to me for me to decide how to get it done. My coworkers was very understanding and very help with things i didn't know. The hardest part of my job involving me dealing with the accountant, sometime they didn't no how to explain themselves. The most enjoyable part of the is Friday, was pizza day for the entire office .