Andersen Windows & Doors Employee Reviews

Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAFebruary 12, 2018
The place is horrible and has a lot a favoritism to certain people. They can mess around and get way with not working and doing a lot of standing around.
excellent employment location
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIFebruary 8, 2018
The company is an excellent company to work for. many benefits offered. managers and supervisors always on the floor so if any issue it was able to be talked about immediately. schedule didn't change and if any change we were notified at first time available.
Pros
pay, scheduling, enviorment
Summer Job
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Bayport, MNFebruary 6, 2018
I worked at the Bayport location. They don't have AC and it was very hot working there but the paycheck was worth it.
Even tho I was only there for the summer it gave me the experience needed for other manufacturing jobs.
Pros
Experience, good summer job for college students
Cons
Alternating schedule, maditory overtime, no AC, seasonal
This place is very unorganized and messy and with too much gossiping and no consequences for poor perfomance
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 10, 2018
This was literally the worst job i've ever had in life. Management has no clue whats going on in the company. The people who are tasked with leading are not skilled in any role they are in charge of and play petty games with each other and other employees if you value your sanity. Stay far away from this place
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Very good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Bayport, MNJanuary 5, 2018
very fun, fast pace place to work. Andersens is a very safe place to work,, they always have your safety in mind and is a very honored value of the company.
Fun and Fast Paced
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Bayport, MNJanuary 4, 2018
Cut Pieces And Assembled Window Frames
Learned How to Use Automated Saw- how to Lay a Window in a Frame- How to completely Package- Seal Finished Product for customer
Pros
close to home
Cons
Crazy Uncomfortable work environment at times
Excellent company to work for.
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bayport, MNJanuary 2, 2018
A wonderful company full of wonderful people. There was definitely a sense of community there unlike any other place I've been. Every office employee had a Herman Miller Aeron chair, and the management cares about its employees.
A decent place to work
Manufacturing Operator (Current Employee) –  Bayport MNDecember 18, 2017
They reward you as a production worker given you stay out of the drama allot of people stir up, have good attendance, work hard, willingness to cross train, and fill out all your paper work. They love safety conscious employees and quality conscious employees. I was given opportunities to advance in a short amount of time. I recommend this employer to anyone who wants a career and who actually cares about the work they perform.
Pros
Pay, breaks, advancement opportunities
Cons
Poor family work life balance
Andersens
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Bayport, MNDecember 17, 2017
Andersens is a very hard working slow paced job. There's only one down side and that is you can only miss 4 days in a year and if you have kids, it does not work well for you
Stressful environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IADecember 6, 2017
Work on the production line requires little to no time for errors to keep up goals. Although the work is not difficult when learned it is monotonous at times which can cause a lack of focus
Pros
Help when asked for
Cons
Stressful line production goals

Want to know more about Andersen Windows & Doors?

Ask a question
nice place to work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Bayport, MNDecember 5, 2017
One bad apple spoiled the bunch for me. My new supervisor didn't like me. and played favoritism. I received some really great training as an electrician.
Pros
Training
Cons
Favoritism
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IANovember 24, 2017
Good place to work with good opportunities and benefits once you achieve full time status. However, no specific timeline on when you can achieve full time status.
Hiring was not handled how it was explained at the time of hire.
Pre-finish (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IANovember 23, 2017
The job was very stressful from the very first day. Co workers we're very very rude and very pushy. They told me after my 90 days i would get benifits. After working there 6 months i was still a temp with no benifits. My supervisor was more like a drill sergeant than a supervisor. I felt like i was in boot camp. I dreaded going there everyday. I just had to finally quite one day. Was tired of being told everything i was doing wrong and never told i was doing anyrhing right.some of the coworkers were the worst people i have ever worked with.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Just use you as temps . No benifits, pto, or pay increase.
Community-Focused Commitment to Excellence
Coatings Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Bayport, MNNovember 23, 2017
Huge focus on building a community within employees at the Bayport window plant. Even greater focus on improving each operation within the plant. Large focus on safety, environment, and employee welfare.
Not the best place to work.
Entry Level Marketing (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 20, 2017
Not the best place to work, misleading pay, incompetent management. Pay is based on setting appointments door-to-door. 10 dollars an hour, 30 hours a week if your not an all-star.
Pros
PTO and Benefits
Cons
Unrealiable Pay
Productive, nice peers
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WINovember 11, 2017
Even short time at Andersen enjoyed the work. Andersen works employees with a lot of ongoing hours and days. Little time with family. Overall the employment was good.
Pros
Enough hours
Cons
long days and hours
Corporate oversight micromanages every aspect of job
Operations Supervisor, Shiping (Former Employee) –  Marion OhioNovember 4, 2017
As the third shift operations supervisor, I was strangled by my operations manager. My ideas were well received however without approval from corporate, nothing could be integrated. Managers without actual experience were capable of making decisions for the manufacturing floor when they had no clue of the real world results would look like. It was a world of "educated guesses", not experience.

My loaders on the dock were expected to load more than was really fair. I've seen them work 60+ hours a week and there was little gratitude for their efforts.

As an actual supervisor, I was treated like gold. I went on numerous trips to facilities and training in Chicago, Michigan, Atlanta, Texas, and Virginia. I was treated well and would take the job again if I was ever looking.
Pros
Great Pay, flexable time off, travel, and tone of respect from other managers and supervisors
Cons
corporate oversite
N/a
Stacker/Operator (Former Employee) –  North Branch, MNNovember 3, 2017
I did not like working for Andersen Windows, they were very mean and didn't want to teach. I was constantly being yelled at and picked on because I wasn't doing the job properly even though thats how they showed me.
disrespectful managers towards temps
Fibrex Operator (Former Employee) –  North Branch, MNNovember 1, 2017
bad Management. attention to detail is very important for the quality of the product. very serious safety pro cautions if not paying attention.
not paid enough to work in that type of envirorment
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
on your feet for 12 hrs a day 4 days a week
Diverse, Very Dirty, Unprofessional
Manager Machine Maintenance, Silver Line (Current Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJOctober 23, 2017
Departments work as individual format, there is very little teamwork. Management is not well respected. Lacking guidance and support from upper management.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Unprofessional environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Andersen Windows & Doors. Our community is ready to answer.