Andersen Windows & Doors Employee Reviews

Fast Paced
VSTL I (Current Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJMarch 26, 2017
Great place to work in. Benefits are great, people are great, growth opportunity. Manufacturing part of it is tough, lots of diversity and policies and procedures must be follow to make sure union employees adhere to process.
Poor management - Verbal harassment
Former Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oak Park Hgts, MNMarch 9, 2017
Corporate needs better managers who can make decisions base in facts and stop depending of the old school co workers opinions.
They yelling and bullying you because your culture and if you speak up you get a warning, the HR and supervisor instead solve conflicts all that they do is putting co workers against to each others. Tthey make your life miserable to force you to quit or they signed you for a fail by suggesting a painful plan performance and ended up fire you anyway. This is a very disgusting way to verbal harassment and discrimination.
Production employees are treating very poorly and if you stand up for them your job is in jeopardy. Very sad
Pros
Poor management, Zero team work and very depressed environment to work
Cons
Close commute and holidays
Production and Fast Paced Enivironment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAFebruary 10, 2017
Silverline Windows is generally a good place to work but it has its pros and cons It is very fast paced and the hours are very long. 10 hour work days-6 days a week that is mandatory The overtime is good money but at a cost. You will feel burned out for working so many hours and if you have a family, you will not have much time with then working 6 days a week. The benefits are great! and raises are often based on performance.
Pros
great benefits and raises are often based on performance
Cons
long work hours, no time for family
Could be much better
Design Consultant/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 6, 2017
Management needs to train who they have hired already and stop constantly looking for the next sales superstar. I get that you ride the hot hand but as soon as you hit a slump they seemed to just move on from you and concentrate on the next guy up.
Pros
free lunch every tuesday, nice sales trips
Cons
management seems to be in a constant flux
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oak Park Heights, MNJanuary 18, 2017
Great place to work. Felt they really try to make all their employees happy. Great benefits and maternity leave, along with a seasonal lay off. For me I'm now looking for something part time.
Laid back job if in corporate
Return to Work Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJJanuary 11, 2017
If working in the corporate offices, the hours are laid back. The culture promotes work/life balance, however there is very little room for innovation and new ideas due to budget concerns. A lot of old school employees as well. Good diversity throughout the company however the production workers are treated poorly. The management does not shoe empathy toward production employees.
Pros
Short commute, flexible schedule
Cons
no growth, horrible pay
Fun and good place to work.
Associate, Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Menomonie, WIDecember 9, 2016
Andersen windows is a fun and great place to work. the job task are very simple and easily to train people in areas. The employees there are easily to get along with and they have a good on site medical room with service from the Mayo Clinic.
Pros
Good hours, pay, work environment
Cons
work schedule don't work with my kids schedule
Safety people Stay Far FAR away from Menomonie DC/CC
Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Menomonie, WIOctober 19, 2016
Most of the people are good to work with.

The leadership at the DC/CC is not good, HR is no help! No money for safety. If they don't like you or you are not drinking the Kool-Aid you will be out the door. nothing ever gets fixed, always working with unsafe or broken equipment.

If you want a rewarding career in safety at Andersen stay far away from the DC/CC. It is nothing but a black hole! Poor leadership from the top down to the site manager.

Safety if far but #1…. it is dead last! They talk about it at this site but actions speak louder than words! There is a lot of back door deals, stabbing in the back type people at this site.
Pros
Floor employees are great to work with
Cons
No help from managment team
Long hours, boring work, but good pay
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  North Branch, MNOctober 18, 2016
The weekly pay of $14/hr starting is pretty good, but working 12 hour days, 5 days a week, really ruins your social life outside of work. I would have loved to stay but I couldn't do it anymore because you don't move for 12 hours, constantly standing.
Pros
Lots of breaks, good pay
Cons
Bad managment, short breaks.
Overall is not a place you would be eager to work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILAugust 23, 2016
I personally had my own reasons for leaving but I'm sure I'm not the only one with the samething. The managers there are horrible and they don't respect anybody who are lower than them.
Pros
Good hours in the summer and fall
Cons
Not enough pay for the hard work you will be doing
Do not apply if african american
Canvasser (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 7, 2016
I worked for andersen for literally 2 weeks. the people there were very easy to get along with, and the job was simple. The only problem was having the police called on me every single day of my employment for walking around marketing in nice neighborhoods throughout Carmel,Fishers, Avon, as well as lafeyette.
Pros
paid travel time, commission checks, bonuses
Cons
racist work areas
I wouldn't reccomend
Shop Hand (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIJune 30, 2016
Hard to plan weekends. Management changes ideas weekly based on knee jerk reactions. Hired more supervisors, leads, counters instead of fixing core problems
Great job
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAMay 7, 2016
I have been working for them for over 2 years and it is a great job. Friendly co-workers and management. A typical day is fast paced and heavy lifting.
Great culture to the place.
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIFebruary 19, 2016
-You clock in, do your daily stretches and get to work
-You tend to feel right at home. I have met many great people while working this job. I having nothing negative at all.
-Hardest part was leaving
-There wasn't much that I didn't like about this job
Pros
MANY!
Cons
Being a temp employee
Great day to work
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXFebruary 11, 2016
on a typical day you will be exposed to a lot of opportunities to make something different and try new ideas. All projects are taken very serious expecting good results.
Pros
Training, collaboration
Cool place to work for long years
Data Analyst \ETL Developer- Onsite coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 5, 2016
Excellent place to work with.
Very cool client and understanding work nature
Good life balance.
Choose Anadersen as your next company.. Fun to work with
Pros
Extremely professional and cultured work nature
Cons
Nothing to mention.
Highly recommendable staff and management.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Bayport, MNFebruary 5, 2016
Andersen was extremely helpful and the employees were very respectful. They would always lend a helping hand to the newbies when asked. The management was very understanding of my requests for paid-time-off to go to my required music auditions for drum & bugle corps.
Pros
PTO, kind employees
Cons
Not a lot of change (same job the entire time I was employed)
Activity at Andersen Windows & Doors
Assembler / Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Bayport, MNFebruary 1, 2016
Operated different kinds of machinery to produce window and door parts that would eventually be converted into the final product.
I loved working at Andersen
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bayport, MNOctober 15, 2015
I'd love to still be there, but I just couldn't get the hang of one spot on the line, hinges. Other than that, I loved working there.

Working the line was fun, several of the guys would keep things interesting by either playing harmonica or telling great stories to keep the time flying past.

We'd switch which stations of the line we worked, which was good to keep things interesting, but I tended to not be able to get the hinges on the windows just right. I'd have liked a bit of one-on-one training so I'd have known how to do it better, but it just didn't pan out that way.
Pros
Great pay, good people to work with, managers were fair and consistant.
Cons
Those darn hinges - Grrr...
This job ad is constantly posted
IN HOME SALES (Former Employee) –  MONROEVILLE, PAOctober 5, 2015
Product is good when compared to poor quality windows, installation and warranty also good. Sales training focused on Hard Sale Closing. This is because their product price is 2-3X's cost when compared to equal quality window and if customer has any clue to reality, you're done! Highest price windows is due to multiple levels of management all getting there $ cut. Too many Sales Reps not enough quality leads. Take this job and you will quickly realize why they hire 4-5 new reps per month and run this ad constantly.
Pros
Managers at least try.
Cons
Turnover in sales team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Andersen Windows & Doors. Our community is ready to answer.