Anderson Columbia Employee Reviews

Great work enviroment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJune 19, 2017
I enjoyed the company. Could pay better with better benefits but overall no complaints. Supervisor was understanding when time off was needed. Mechanics could have been better at their job.
very good place to work
Equipment Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMarch 9, 2017
I worked here for four years and learned a lot. I learned how to run equipment and to be a leader in things.I also learned how to do things the right and correct way.
benefits
Cons
Did not know what part of Florida you would be the next day, most of the time.
Carpenter, Maintenance and Equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Marianna, FLJanuary 6, 2017
Did not know what part of Florida you would be the next day, most of the time.
Advancement was next to nothing.
We met at a nearby location and everything seemed very promising. I realized within 30 minutes the fish was not an honest company was told I was replacing someone but not to tell anybody and I was asked to lie. Was told I would be near home for at least three to five years. I was close to home approximately three months out of two years. No travel, housing, or even gas after traveling over eighty miles one way everyday reimbursement. Should have seen that as a sign.
Pros
zero
Cons
zero
There was always work to be done, but it was always fun.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLNovember 19, 2016
Anderson Columbia is a major construction company with many different departments and duties. However, the company seemed to be centered on its employees. It seemed to me that the people hired all had an outgoing look on the days work ahead in the trucking department. The hardest part of the job was the paperwork. As a driver under the microscope of the DOT and FMCSR, paperwork is always the burden of the industry. I also understand how important it is in today's fast paced demand. Being able to communicate with others to plan out the day ahead was a refreshing breeze among the midst of a vastly technological logistics industry. The job was personable and that was the most important thing to me. I truly hated having to relocate to another state. I miss the family at Anderson Columbia.
good place to work
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 27, 2016
work changes everyday plenty of opportunity to learn
contract job so when one site is finished may to to travel to a different state to be able to continue work
Pros
if work hard they will treat you right
Cons
raises are hard to get
The work place ,coworkers and supervisor are exceptional. Made low pay tolerable
Commercial Dump Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLOctober 27, 2015
transported highway,roads and bridge materials communicated with consumers and operations manager daily.maintained work load loggs
Pros
Great supervisor
Cons
low pay and works around weather
not real bad just lots hours little pay
Plant operator/assistant plant manager (Former Employee) –  Holt, FLJuly 20, 2015
worked a lot of hours for little hourly pay they tried to do picnics and things to be family friendly just was not working out that way
Good opportunities
Concrete, traffic control, field Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXApril 15, 2015
This Company allowed me to earn a college education and advance myself. It also taught me a lot of practical skills. it can get stressful sometimes but it is a good overall experience.
Love this job
Stock Clerk manager (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMarch 16, 2015
I loved the people I worked with and the management team! We were all a good team working crew! I had many positions and many opportunity's to exel
productive enviorment
Laborer/Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXFebruary 4, 2015
not a great place to work at, management isn't really helpful with orders, not many hours as granted, co-workers are great nice people, I haven't really learned much from this company
Pros
na
Cons
no breaks, no lunch break, no pay for driving to location
Very easy going management
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLFebruary 21, 2014
I liked ths job and I wish I could find another like it. I liked running heavy equipment and doing maintenance and I like the work shift and how it varies.
Pros
Overtime
seasonal
Driver (Current Employee) –  Newberry, FLSeptember 11, 2013
good to company to work for if you only want to work part time or not work at all. many days not working for one reason or another
Productive and typical fun place to work
QC (Former Employee) –  Holt, FLJune 26, 2013
A typical day was making sure the asphalt plant ran a good mix and it stayed within state specs.
Multi faceted worker
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Holt, FloridaFebruary 4, 2013
I am responsible for performing testing and sampling in order to determine if a given site is suitable for road construction. Surveying equipment is carried to the site where new road construction projects begin. I must also make sure that all equipment and materials conform to state standards. Once the site is ready for construction, I am responsible for supervising the crew to remove all debris, rocks and trees in the way of the construction project. My team and I construct roads using machines and equipment such as concrete mixers, sanders, loaders and dump trucks. I also perform regular maintenance of roads such as plowing, patching asphalt, removing trash and repairing road signs, according to the DOT standard.
Pros
definate work
Cons
under paid
do not work for them
Forman (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJanuary 30, 2013
they do not take care of employer you are just a number to them so do not go to work for them.they do not pay very good
Pros
do not care
Cons
bad company to work for
great laid back job
Dump Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJune 11, 2012
Great management in the trucking department. The supervisor is courteous and understanding to his drivers.
Pros
will work with any schedule
Cons
low pay for driving trucks and with rain comes no work
Position came with much responsibility and freedom.
Fuel/Service Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 23, 2012
Kept track of equipment location, maintenance, and purchasing receipts. Fueled and maintained all equipment in my region.
Pros
freedom and trust
Cons
12.00 per hour