Anderson Equipment Company was founded in 1935 by H.W. Anderson and his partner C.K. Burson. Used and rebuilt construction equipment comprised a large part of the firm's inventory in the late 1930's and new construction and mining equipment lines were steadily added over the years.
Since its inception, the company has continuously broadened its sales and service territories in Western Pennsylvania. In 1979 Anderson expanded into West Virginia and has become the market leader in rotary drills. By offering customers outstanding equipment and superior product support, Anderson is now a key supplier to the largest mining operations in the state.
In 1996 Anderson acquired Rupp Rental and Sales in upstate New York. This strategic acquisition brought the capabilities of two family-owned companies together to offer increased products and services. The ownership of a rental company has enabled Anderson to become more aggressive in the rental market in Pennsylvania and West Virginia while expanding its sales expertise north into New York.
In November, 2009, Anderson’s third generation of family ownership demonstrated their commitment to growing the company via their acquisition of R.C.Hazelton in New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine. Anderson continues to refine its product lines and services to better serve our customers. The Hazelton acquisition brings unmatched forestry expertise to Anderson’s existing portfolio of construction, mining and road building knowledge. We have established a reputation for developing innovative solutions to specialized job site applications.
New and used equipment sales
Rent to rent
Rent to buy
With 20 full service locations across Pennsylvania, New York, West Virginia, Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont, our infrastructure affords us the ability to seamlessly fulfill our customers' needs from Kentucky to Canada. Although Anderson Equipment Company has changed dramatically over the years, one characteristic has remained the same - its reputation for Quality: people, products and services. – less