Anderson Hospital

Anderson Hospital Employee Reviews

Always seemed to be alot of friction in the department.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Maryville, ILMarch 10, 2015
Pros: good thing that it was a job that was close
Cons: bad thing was there was do dependablity amomg co-workers
There wasn't that much trust among co-workers and a lot of tension in the department.. I think that the director could have been more about the people working under her in the lab.
Busy ER with awesome ER staff
Staff RN - Emergency Department (Current Employee), Maryville, ILFebruary 28, 2015
level 3 ER, in a rural area. Volume of patient is high (all acuity treated, level 2 stabilized and ARCH air lifted to level 1 trauma). ER also has a fast-track (seeing urgent care).

Great nursing staff.
Warm workers and friendly environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Meridian, MSFebruary 11, 2015
All of my co-workers were so nice to me when I first started. I think the most enjoyable part of my job was just simply doing my job and plus I loved my job.
Great place to start a nursing career.
RN, BSN (Current Employee), Maryville, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great learning hospital
Cons: far drive
I learned a lot from them. Really enjoyed working for them. Management was great. Loved the independence I had there. There preceptor program for new nurses was great.
great learning enviroment
clinical (Former Employee), Maryville, ILFebruary 1, 2015
great place to work, great learning enviroment. I did my care of women and infants clinical at anderson hospital. I would highly recommend anderson hospital to anyone looking for a Rn job
It was a good place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Maryville, ILDecember 18, 2014
I was the day shift cook. I cooked for the cafeteria, M.O.W., Light House ( a juvenile facility), and 100 patient trays. I worked with a great team of workers.
Amazing place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Maryville, ILNovember 14, 2014
I had the best experiences working at this facility. We worked like a well oiled machine and there was always something different going on. They were always having special days to celebrate their staff. I also liked computer charting. Everyone is very easily kept up to speed on what is going on with each patient. I also liked the fact that we would get a detailed report on every patient at the start of every shift.
Productive place to work.
Phlebotomist, Receptionist (Former Employee), Maryville, ILNovember 7, 2014
Pros: patient interaction
Cons: sometimes working a double shift or getting called in on your day off.
I enjoyed working here. Everyone got along and cared about the job they were doing. I enjoyed interacting with the patients.
Being in an atmosphere with Great Co-workers & Patients
Patient Access Associate (Former Employee), Maryville, ILOctober 5, 2014
Pros: discounted food in the cafeteria for being an employee
Cons: insurance benefits
I worked registration in ER, Radiology, Front Admitting and Lab which includes:

~Registering patients for-ER admitting

~Registering patients for-Radiology, such as CT scans, MRI's, PET scans for (cancer patients) and all X-rays

~Registering patients for-Front Admitting including Cardiology tests, EKG's & Cath Labs & Dr's would call me for direct admits on patients and I would take them up to their room have them sign the papers and give them their copies

~Registering patients for-Lab includes: Any type of blood work ordered from the patients Dr's, urine & drug testing for potential employers.

When registering all of these patients I get their insurance cards, photo ID's and I scan them in the system. I also verified all their information in the system to make sure nothing had changed. I would then print out papers for them to sign and scan those papers as well under their account and give them copies of what they had signed.

Management had changed and they let a lot of us go for unknown reasons and let us file for unemployment.

I got along with all of my co-workers, we just enjoyed working together as a team. If there was a co-worker who had a problem with me I basically continued to be nice and it eventually just stopped on their end.

The hardest part of the job was working in a fast paced environment but I was mature about it and did what I needed to stay up to speed with it.

I enjoyed just about everything, I had always wanted to work in a hospital and my boss at that time was amazing to me. I would have to say seeing the smiles on the patients faces and knowing that I made a difference with my positive attitude was the most rewarding.
Great learning experience
Clinical Intern (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILSeptember 3, 2014
-Worked side by side nurses in a phase 2 cardiac rehab setting.
-Allowed me to take vital signs on patients before during and after exercise.
Overall Job
Floor Technician (Current Employee), Meridian, MSAugust 12, 2014
Pros: environment is friendly
Cons: breaks
I enjoy working at Anderson Hospital as a Floor Technician. I come to work and do my job and make sure it is does well.
ER Tech (Former Employee), Maryville, ILMay 5, 2014
I enjoy patient care and the hands on experience. The hardest part of the Job is the heavy lifting. I enjoy the 1 on 1 with patients.
Labor and Delivery Technician (Former Employee), Maryville, ILMay 5, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: very few to none.
Flexible Management.

Great atmosphere.

Ran efficiently.
Very friendly Co-workers
Radiology clerk (Current Employee), Maryville, ILFebruary 12, 2014
A typical work day for me is checking in patients for their tests, doing all paperwork and closing. I have learned a lot of medical situations from working in radiology. We see a lot of patients come in with blood clots so I am familiar with all of the signs and symptoms. I get along with all of my co-workers and all of them are very supportive of one another. I like being able to tell patients that their tests have come back negative and seeing the relief on their face.
Great
Nurse Assistant II (Current Employee), Maryville, ILDecember 16, 2013
Great company to work for. I've learned a tremendous amount of information while working here as a nurse assistant and earning my nursing degree.
Growing community-based hospital environment
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Maryville, ILNovember 25, 2013
This is a great place for students and new graduates to learn and gain confidence as a therapist with all updated technology and equipment available
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), maryville ilSeptember 3, 2013
loved taking care and being closely involved with patients.
I worked as a Nurses assistant, okay job
Nurses Assistant (Former Employee), Meridian, MSAugust 2, 2013
Very hard work. The Nurses was not very helpful. The hardest part of my job was getting dress to go in. The most enjoyable part of the job, leaving.
Productive and caring loving environment
Food & Nutrition/Food Server (Current Employee), Maryville, ILJuly 17, 2013
I think Anderson Hospitial has allowed me the oppurity to get hands on experience when it comes to patients. I love my job here so much I love what I do. My mangers are wonderful. The part I love the most about this job is getting hands on experience with patients and getting to help them.
nobody seems happy everyone has something to complain about
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Meridian, MSMay 15, 2013
Pros: the food was great
Cons: employees really didn't care about patients.
I was happy when I first started working there but I started feeling depressed due to all the negative comments that the co workers talked about. Anderson had some finanical problems and insurance was not that great.