Anderson Hospital Employee Reviews

Product and friendly place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJanuary 16, 2018
Anderson is a very comfortable place to work. Very friendly staff throughout entire hospital. Love that you have your own routine and work at your own pace
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
No paid time off
CRT (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILJanuary 15, 2018
This is a great level 2 hospital for the area it covers, you get great experience in icu and er along with pediatric er that is separate from adult er. Great co workers and doctors
ANDERSON HOSPITAL is a good place to work, but needs more emoyees.
Physical Therapist Assistant, PRN (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILJanuary 8, 2018
Anderson Hospital is managed with a team of professionals who desire to create a safe and efficient environment for employees and patients. Staffing is lacking and the hospital is on a budget too often .
Pros
Full time employees get paid vacation, 401k, free CPR class, recognition good performance
Cons
Not enough employees to take care of patients needs.
Very poor communication between management and staff!
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILJanuary 3, 2018
Management in the ICU can be downright hateful and has a very difficult time of consistently communicating the same message to all employees. Small things such as the color of your undershirt are cause for a "talking to" but larger issues such as physicians placing there own orders and safe staffing are swept under the rug.
Pros
Clean and updated rooms
Cons
poor management
healthcare worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 5, 2017
Good Place to work hard to advance. Lesser skilled people are in charge. Management in some departments need skills training and development. Overall good place to work
Great hospital
ICU Unit Secretary/Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILNovember 21, 2017
I was at Anderson for many years and management is awesome. The hospital is ran by great professional minded people. I LOVED IT!
Small hospital but perfect for its location for the community
Pros
Lo
Friendly and Relaxing environment
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILNovember 5, 2017
I enjoyed working around the employee's at Anderson hospital because they were very professional and knew their job very well.
I received the proper training to help me perform my job properly.
Pros
Sitting down
Cons
Telephone is constantly ringing
Work Review
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILOctober 30, 2017
I have been here for many years. It is a family oriented unit with phenomenal staff and physicians who work well together to care for our patients. We offer numerous services and work to ensure the safety and effectiveness of our care.
registered nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILOctober 24, 2017
tilted view of the "support" of the nurses, suggestions for improvement are not accepted. Appropriate pay is not discussed. No real changes are made in advancement for nursing at this hospital
High turn over rate. Poor management
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILOctober 22, 2017
Blue collar workers are treated poorly and paid poorly. The Maintenance department is constantly at odds with each other and other departments. There is no such thing as a confidential discussion. Almost every one is trying to place blame on anyone they can to try to protect their job.
Pros
Pan and benifits for my position
Cons
For most blue collar positions, the only reason to work here is the Insurance!
Hospital Caring Enviroment- Patient and Family Support is Excellent
Patient Access Director (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILOctober 6, 2017
Loved working for Anderson Hospital, the staff was wonderful and provided patients with the utmost care. Administration was friendly and made the employees feel welcomed.
Pros
Hometown-Making a Difference in patient care
Respiratory Therapy
Member of Rapid response team (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILSeptember 28, 2017
Respiratoy was under nursing and that causes increased tension and problems. No one should be allowed to touch the ventilators but respiratory. Vent changes were made and not documented constantly. Work was put off for the next shift. Albuterol treatments were given to anyone with a runny nose or twitch. Respiratory was not able to edit and monitor ventilatory treatments,
Pre Arrival
Pre-Arrival Associate (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILAugust 27, 2017
I enjoy my job I am possibly relocating. Professional atmosphere. Support from management. Great benefits, good salary. Busy workload but not overwhelming.
Pros
Support
it was ok
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILAugust 24, 2017
Overall, I enjoy my job with Anderson. The downside is that the floor I work on if very fast paced, and understaffed. They also are bad with raises. I received a yearly raise, but it was a joke of a raise.
overnight shift
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILAugust 21, 2017
it was ok there just working nights wasn't for me. and i never got my shift pay for working overnights and that kinda sucked about bu over all they are nice at anderson just wish they would of gave me a day shift.
Terrible with no raises
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSAugust 9, 2017
There are no chances of advancement or raises here at Andersons. They show no respect for people that make less and my manager doesn't listen to constructive criticism.
stressful/challenging
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILJuly 24, 2017
As a housekeeper, we are often considered the lowest on the pole. We work hard and are ready to clean a room in minutes if necessary. We need to receive more credit than we get.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
stressful
Anderson Hospital
Staff RN labor& delivery (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILJuly 10, 2017
This was my very first job. I learned so much. I learn to become proficient with antepartum, labor& delivery, postpartum and level 2 nursery. I love my supervisor and my co workers.
Pros
Management was great.
It is a hard place to work for and not enough pay
M.D Anderson Hospital (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2017
overwork, with less people to much work came from across the street from mayo clinic. There was a different in paid for people in that SPD clinic but i
ok place to work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILJuly 5, 2017
Patient to nurse ratio high. Expected to have large caseload. Often miss breaks. Often have to pull charge nurse on to floor. Health insurance benefits lacking.