Anderson Hospital Employee Reviews

Hospitalist Group
NP, Hospitalist Group (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILFebruary 23, 2017
Schedule is unrealistic for those with a family and a working spouse. No paid time off, no sick days, no CME cash. No overtime, no holiday rotation. Coworkers are nice, but will burnout from stress quickly.
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILJanuary 26, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Team work is crucial to patient care and there is no lack of it at Anderson. All departments work together to provide the best experience possible for our patients and visitors. Great ability to move up from within.
Horrible Management
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILDecember 8, 2016
The management shows favoritism, if you are not one of their favorites you will not have anything coming. You could work you tail off and be there for them when people don't show up, you hard work will go unrecognized.

You Can Do Better
Cons
It is a typical rehabilitation floor, pt or encourage to perticipate in activity such as card playing magic shows, games etc...
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILNovember 14, 2016
A typical day on the rehabilitation center consist of working along side physical therapist, how to manage pt pain or discomfort while having therapy.
Pros
Great work environment can be busy at times good teamwork
Cons
The admission process to our unit can be long and tideous, semi private rooms
It was a agency that served many people in the community
Home Health/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILOctober 31, 2016
The staff at Anderson Hospital were very easy to get along with, and they served the community well. I enjoyed meeting new people and facing medical challenges on a daily basis.
Decent atmosphere with care to the patients and visitors
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILOctober 21, 2016
5 days a week, performing certain tasks to maintain hospital cleanliness and organizing meetings concerning staff and newcomers. Do not place yourself or others at risk via infectious chemicals, ongoing illnesses, or acts of aggression at the risk of being terminated from the job you are hired to do for the company you wish to work in.
interesting
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Troy, ILAugust 8, 2016
helping out were you were needed such as cleaning floors for maintenance or dishes for nutrition was all that was required for the day.
Pros
fun
Cons
limited work
Certified Nurse Assitant-Medical/Surgical Unit (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILJuly 26, 2016
Typical day at work depends on the censes on the floor it can be moderate to very hectic at times. Just have to adapt to the situations.
Pros
customer/patients satisfaction
Cons
no lunch break at time when extremely busy
Professional
Perioperative RN (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILMay 16, 2016
Anderson Hospital is the greatest place I have worked and would not be leaving except to care for elderly father in West Virginia
Good place to start
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maryville, IL 62062March 9, 2016
They employed me PRN when I was attending SIUE. They were always willing to give me hours when I was in need of money. I owe a lot to them. They made me into a better healthcare employee. Management is good and they listened and worked with me when there were issues. The hardest part about my job was developing confidence in my abilities. Patients are sick and reluctant for you to do anything to them. With the developing confidence I have acquired and a comforting personality, I feel like I can talk to any patient.
Pros
Wonderful staff
Cons
hours and pay

Want to know more about Anderson Hospital?

Ask a question
High Stress Work Place
Patient Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILNovember 6, 2015
I did not enjoy working at Anderson. Typica work day was very stressful and hard. Management did not train you like you were supposed to be trained. The hardest part of the job was being reprimanded for every mistake you made and having no recognition for the good service and skills you provide
Pros
Itroduced to Healthcare Environment
Cons
No room to advance
co-workers and doctors are wonderful to work with
Assistant Nurse Manager-RN (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSNovember 5, 2015
the doctors and nurses are great to work with. couldn't have asked for better people to work with. the rules change from day to day and is not very consistent.
I was trained well and knew every aspect of my job
PRACTICUM STUDENT IN SOCIAL SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILSeptember 15, 2015
Nice atmosphere, everyone does what they are supposed to do. The rules and expectations are clear. Co-workers are friendly.
Respiratory Therapy
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILAugust 17, 2015
This is my first job right out of school from Kaskaskia College. I love working here, just looking for some more experience.
Pros
people are very nice here
Cons
Can't really think of any cons, I just want some more experience.
Fun and Productive workplace
Obstetrics Technician (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILMarch 26, 2015
A typical day at work consist of patient care, teamwork, c-sections, and much more. We work together to make sure our patients are comfortable and pain is manageable. We also have a secure and safe environment for our patients and their babies.
Always seemed to be alot of friction in the department.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILMarch 10, 2015
There wasn't that much trust among co-workers and a lot of tension in the department.. I think that the director could have been more about the people working under her in the lab.
Pros
good thing that it was a job that was close
Cons
bad thing was there was do dependablity amomg co-workers
Busy ER with awesome ER staff
Staff RN - Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILFebruary 28, 2015
level 3 ER, in a rural area. Volume of patient is high (all acuity treated, level 2 stabilized and ARCH air lifted to level 1 trauma). ER also has a fast-track (seeing urgent care).

Great nursing staff.
Warm workers and friendly environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSFebruary 11, 2015
All of my co-workers were so nice to me when I first started. I think the most enjoyable part of my job was just simply doing my job and plus I loved my job.
Great place to start a nursing career.
RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILFebruary 9, 2015
I learned a lot from them. Really enjoyed working for them. Management was great. Loved the independence I had there. There preceptor program for new nurses was great.
Pros
great learning hospital
Cons
far drive
great learning enviroment
clinical (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILFebruary 1, 2015
great place to work, great learning enviroment. I did my care of women and infants clinical at anderson hospital. I would highly recommend anderson hospital to anyone looking for a Rn job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anderson Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Anderson Hospital Reviews by Location