Anderson Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

High Stress Work Place
Patient Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILNovember 6, 2015
I did not enjoy working at Anderson. Typica work day was very stressful and hard. Management did not train you like you were supposed to be trained. The hardest part of the job was being reprimanded for every mistake you made and having no recognition for the good service and skills you provide
Pros
Itroduced to Healthcare Environment
Cons
No room to advance
co-workers and doctors are wonderful to work with
Assistant Nurse Manager-RN (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSNovember 5, 2015
the doctors and nurses are great to work with. couldn't have asked for better people to work with. the rules change from day to day and is not very consistent.
I was trained well and knew every aspect of my job
PRACTICUM STUDENT IN SOCIAL SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILSeptember 15, 2015
Nice atmosphere, everyone does what they are supposed to do. The rules and expectations are clear. Co-workers are friendly.
Respiratory Therapy
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILAugust 17, 2015
This is my first job right out of school from Kaskaskia College. I love working here, just looking for some more experience.
Pros
people are very nice here
Cons
Can't really think of any cons, I just want some more experience.
Fun and Productive workplace
Obstetrics Technician (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILMarch 26, 2015
A typical day at work consist of patient care, teamwork, c-sections, and much more. We work together to make sure our patients are comfortable and pain is manageable. We also have a secure and safe environment for our patients and their babies.
Always seemed to be alot of friction in the department.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILMarch 10, 2015
There wasn't that much trust among co-workers and a lot of tension in the department.. I think that the director could have been more about the people working under her in the lab.
Pros
good thing that it was a job that was close
Cons
bad thing was there was do dependablity amomg co-workers
Busy ER with awesome ER staff
Staff RN - Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILFebruary 28, 2015
level 3 ER, in a rural area. Volume of patient is high (all acuity treated, level 2 stabilized and ARCH air lifted to level 1 trauma). ER also has a fast-track (seeing urgent care).

Great nursing staff.
Warm workers and friendly environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSFebruary 11, 2015
All of my co-workers were so nice to me when I first started. I think the most enjoyable part of my job was just simply doing my job and plus I loved my job.
Great place to start a nursing career.
RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILFebruary 9, 2015
I learned a lot from them. Really enjoyed working for them. Management was great. Loved the independence I had there. There preceptor program for new nurses was great.
Pros
great learning hospital
Cons
far drive
great learning enviroment
clinical (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILFebruary 1, 2015
great place to work, great learning enviroment. I did my care of women and infants clinical at anderson hospital. I would highly recommend anderson hospital to anyone looking for a Rn job

Want to know more about Anderson Hospital?

Ask a question
It was a good place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILDecember 18, 2014
I was the day shift cook. I cooked for the cafeteria, M.O.W., Light House ( a juvenile facility), and 100 patient trays. I worked with a great team of workers.
Amazing place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILNovember 14, 2014
I had the best experiences working at this facility. We worked like a well oiled machine and there was always something different going on. They were always having special days to celebrate their staff. I also liked computer charting. Everyone is very easily kept up to speed on what is going on with each patient. I also liked the fact that we would get a detailed report on every patient at the start of every shift.
Productive place to work.
Phlebotomist, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILNovember 7, 2014
I enjoyed working here. Everyone got along and cared about the job they were doing. I enjoyed interacting with the patients.
Pros
patient interaction
Cons
sometimes working a double shift or getting called in on your day off.
Being in an atmosphere with Great Co-workers & Patients
Patient Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILOctober 5, 2014
I worked registration in ER, Radiology, Front Admitting and Lab which includes:

~Registering patients for-ER admitting

~Registering patients for-Radiology, such as CT scans, MRI's, PET scans for (cancer patients) and all X-rays

~Registering patients for-Front Admitting including Cardiology tests, EKG's & Cath Labs & Dr's would call me for direct admits on patients and I would take them up to their room have them sign the papers and give them their copies

~Registering patients for-Lab includes: Any type of blood work ordered from the patients Dr's, urine & drug testing for potential employers.

When registering all of these patients I get their insurance cards, photo ID's and I scan them in the system. I also verified all their information in the system to make sure nothing had changed. I would then print out papers for them to sign and scan those papers as well under their account and give them copies of what they had signed.

Management had changed and they let a lot of us go for unknown reasons and let us file for unemployment.

I got along with all of my co-workers, we just enjoyed working together as a team. If there was a co-worker who had a problem with me I basically continued to be nice and it eventually just stopped on their end.

The hardest part of the job was working in a fast paced environment but I was mature about it and did what I needed to stay up to speed with it.

I enjoyed just about everything, I had always wanted to work in a hospital and my boss at that time was amazing to me. I would have to say seeing the smiles on the patients faces and knowing
  more... that I made a difference with my positive attitude was the most rewarding.  less
Pros
discounted food in the cafeteria for being an employee
Cons
insurance benefits
Great learning experience
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILSeptember 3, 2014
-Worked side by side nurses in a phase 2 cardiac rehab setting.
-Allowed me to take vital signs on patients before during and after exercise.
Overall Job
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSAugust 12, 2014
I enjoy working at Anderson Hospital as a Floor Technician. I come to work and do my job and make sure it is does well.
Pros
environment is friendly
Cons
breaks
ER Tech (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILMay 5, 2014
I enjoy patient care and the hands on experience. The hardest part of the Job is the heavy lifting. I enjoy the 1 on 1 with patients.
Labor and Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILMay 5, 2014
Flexible Management.

Great atmosphere.

Ran efficiently.
Pros
people
Cons
very few to none.
Very friendly Co-workers
Radiology clerk (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILFebruary 12, 2014
A typical work day for me is checking in patients for their tests, doing all paperwork and closing. I have learned a lot of medical situations from working in radiology. We see a lot of patients come in with blood clots so I am familiar with all of the signs and symptoms. I get along with all of my co-workers and all of them are very supportive of one another. I like being able to tell patients that their tests have come back negative and seeing the relief on their face.
Great
Nurse Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILDecember 16, 2013
Great company to work for. I've learned a tremendous amount of information while working here as a nurse assistant and earning my nursing degree.