Anderson Merchandisers Employee Reviews

Best job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 17, 2017
Friendly, supportive management. This was the best job enviroment I have worked in. It is demanding work physically in the book department. They had amazing associate help programs.
Fun place to work
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 5, 2017
Always something new everyday, coaching, training, and mentoring TSL on a daily basis. Great company, great benefits. Working with new clients all the time.
Does NOT promote dedicated employees
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 2, 2017
Too much driving to get to work. You get paid only after the first 15 miles. I would typically get paid 3.96 for a 38 mile round trip job and a minimum of for 4 hours of work. You and the team lead do the same work but they get paid more and have benefits. The workload is heavy and you are only part time. The team lead was rude and thought she was a supervisor. This lead did not do the work and would have the store inquiring to me as to when it would be done, And if you report incomplete work to the bosses they did nothing about it. This company is not really one you want to work for because in order to get a decent bi-weekly check you have to work at least 35 hours a week and even then its only about 550 every two weeks pay maybe, that is if you are lucky. And when a full time team lead position came open instead of offering it to a current employee they hired someone new to fill it. How wrong is that!!!
Pros
Free movies, No boss looking over your shoulder!
Cons
Too much work, not enough pay, No benefits, No promotions, no raises, heavy workload, and illiterate team leads
fast paced job and there is not enough time to do it.
territory sales lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2017
Days were always busy. There were several task that were required such as signing into the store, speaking with management teams, and than any surveys that needed to be completed. Sometimes working overnight was required for new movies that were coming out, but I didn't have to work weekends. The biggest frustration that I had was that there was so many activities to got done and not enough time to complete them, especially when you have several stores.
Pros
free movies, off most weekends
Cons
not enough time, lack of management support
Too heavy a workload.
Territory Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 22, 2017
Work load is too heavy despite hours. Lack of good help. Management overwhelmed. Home office does not have a clue about the time it takes to do activities.
Pros
no lack of hours
Cons
no personal or family time
Overworked and underpaid
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 21, 2017
They want mostly part time help with very very low pay and an unrealistic workload. Extremely heavy repetitive lifting of large boxes of books that collapse and split apart because they are overpacked and too heavy. Hours on your feet running around Wal-mart stores from one side to the other doing numerous tasks. Hooking up computers, tv's, stocking books, movies, and massive displays, music, major resets of various areas with no help. Expected to get it all done really quickly. Overnight work is required. Part time employees do the EXACT same work as the few TSL'S (territory sales lead) with half the pay and no benefits of any kind. They cannot find part time help to stay after they see the pay vs workload. They are desperate for help. Sometimes they force part time to work 45-50 hours a week still with no benefits. Lots of driving from store to store with wear and tear on your own car with only 31 cents a mile reimbursement. And then drastically cut hours with no notice to 4 hours for a whole week. And want you to drive to stores very far away. Do not appreciate their part time help at all.
Pros
Phone
Cons
Very very low pay for part time employees.
Productive fun work environment with great workplace parties and loads of free music and movies
Receptionist Admin (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 21, 2017
Anderson Merchandisers is a great place to work for anyone interested in the retail, distribution side of the music/entertainment industry. The family oriented atmosphere is welcoming day to day and makes it easy and enjoyable to come to work. They consistently promote excellence while not compromising on their layed back culture. Simply a great place to work.
Pros
Great people, layed back culture, approachable leadership
Cons
initial healthcare at new hire, vacation/ personal days at new hire stage
Got to see the lastest in Books, Videos and Music.
Store Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXJune 20, 2017
Usually worked on the books for sale by stocking and removing books. Also did resets weekly on top 10 books. Did quarterly resets on Books, Video, and Music. Did quarterly scans on Books, Videos and Music
Pros
work by yourself
Cons
Fast paced work
Loved My Job
Team Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORJune 19, 2017
As a Team Sales Lead I was responsible for the day to day job list required to do my job. audited product for on shelf ability, talked with department heads, unloaded and placed product, did product counts, returned stolen and damaged products. I met with management and sold in product, talked about upcoming events, MOD changes and on shelf availability issues.
Pros
Hours are great, self monitord work, great trainer
Cons
Working for one company withn another company lead to procedure issues
Terrible company
Team Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCJune 15, 2017
I absolutely do not recommend this company to anyone with family. Unless you have been with this company for eons, which many have been, there is no balance. Good job for a single person with no commitments. Management is horrible. You bend to their whim or get written up and coached. The coaching would be alright if there was at least some sort of positive feedback. When I was contacted about the job, I was told it was a 40 hour week (8-5, mon-fri) with occasional nights and weekends. I was also told that I had a permanent​ part time associate working the territory, which was not true. I was asked how many hours I was willing to work overtime on a weekly basis, and I told the DSM that I could work 8 hours over.
At my first day, I was told there was no part timer. I ended up working every Monday night and worked many Saturdays just to complete all activities for the week. I would have never committed to working this job had I known the truth. The company sells the job to you, makes false promises, and then when you can't complete your work... You're lectured, intimidated, and made to feel that you are lazy. They will exhaust you to the point that your safety is in jeopardy just driving from store to store and/or to and from work because you are so tired. Store managers can be difficult to work with, and often times you are just wasting time just to put new movies out to take a picture for the store to tear the display down within hours of setting it up. Only to get yelled at by your manager because the stores refuse to keep them up. On top of all that, it is very difficult
  more... to keep your bins cleaned out when you start with a disaster to begin with. You have too many projects to do that keep you from being able to keep the bin cleaned out. If you're lucky, the store might help you with that. Too many chiefs, not enough idians to keep up with all the pokers that are in the fire. They consider full time to be 30 hours per week, but you don't get paid overtime until after 40, and you end up working 50-60 hours per week. You spend way too much time on the phone with help desk just reporting that you can't find something that was sent direct to store.  less
Pros
Very very few unless you don't mind working yourself to death.
Cons
Too many to list.
Started out great.
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 14, 2017
It was great working with Best Buy, but when Anderson moved us to Walmart, it was all downhill from there. Management at Anderson was excellent, always there if you needed help
Pros
Good pay, everyone is friendly and helpful, movies received as a gifts, easy work
Cons
not enough hours, ended contract with Best Buy
Poor Work Culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 26, 2017
Andersons was a very demanding company and hard on the retail merchandising employee.

Management seemed to be only interested in self promotion and the culture was terrible.

I would only recommend this job to someone with no experience in customer service or sales to get their training a feet wet as well as a resume builder to find something much better which would not be hard to do.
Pros
Not much except for gaining rookie experience in client relations and sales
Cons
just about everything.
My manager was a nightmare
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMay 22, 2017
She was belittling and set up false promises when I began. Her interactions with fellow employees were unsettling and we had no one higher to report to. I was unable to balance work and school and when I was forced to make a choice between the two I chose my school and was forced to resign.
Disconnect between field and planning
Manager (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 21, 2017
The job itself is great and enjoyable to mentor, train, and role out new and exciting programs. Every week is an adventure and definitely creates a challenge for anyone who is up to the task. There is a disconnect from the planning to the actual execution that causes some unfortunate strain on the relationships between field associates and clients which is a core value of the company.
Pros
exciting, challenging, self managed, rewarding
Cons
poor communication from senior leadership
Being a out going person is a plus at this job
Anderson Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 18, 2017
A great job of you are responsible and honest and a hard worker. also great if you enjoy working alone.communicating with store employees and management is a must.maintaining a professional and out going personality on a daily bases.the best part is that your job can work around your busy life schedule.
Very little balance
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 16, 2017
The company doesn't understand having a personal life. Very demanding. Expectations are high and support is low.
There are enjoyable days but they are few and far between.
Good job security, enjoyable work.
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Delano, CAMay 12, 2017
As soon as i walk into the store (Walmart) I would make sure all the dvd's, music, and books were organized. I would then stock the dvd's, music, and books. After that I would work on assignments given to me. We were contracted by different company's to stock there product sucks as Post cereals, Advil, Centrum, Nexium etc.
After that I would stock all the prepaid phones. Then i would install displays for example TV's, Laptops, and Desktops. As well as make sure all the signage our clients have requested use to install.

I learned a lot of things,such as how the business of Walmart operated. How the backroom was ran, stocking products in the correct placed they needed to be.

Walmart management was kind they would let us install displays and fixtures. They were very supportive of our company. The workplace culture was very enjoyable all the walmart employees were very kind and helpful.

The hardest part about the job would be time management. I would be assigned 2 to 3 Walmart every week and only had 40 hours to complete everything is was assigned. I was able to complete all my assignments although I had to work in a very timely manner.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with the Walmart employees. I also enjoyed installing displays. As well as having a fixed schedule.
Pros
Set schedule. Decent pay.
Cons
Working 3 stores and being able to get everything done in a very timely manner.
Autonomous working environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, OkMay 9, 2017
It was like working for Wal-Mart, but you generally worked independently. You still had to report weekly to your boss. I serviced 3 different Wal-Marts. You had modulars that you had to change on a regular basis. You had to do weekly returns. You had to rotate the merchandise and stock the shelves. You also worked in conjunction with the electronic and stationary department managers and the store manager.
Pros
Worked independently
Cons
Didn't pay for mileage, low commission rates
Not a great place to work for
Territory sales lead (Current Employee) –  USAMay 8, 2017
What started out to be an awesome job, turned into something else over time. Way too many clients, not enough hours to complete them all. You are told constantly throughout the week, but in excess on fridays, that you must get to 100% on all projects. This is impossible in the standard 40 hours, you would need 60-70 to properly complete all of it, so mostly you're just doing the bare minimum. Any employee that is getting it all done, has extra help from part-timers. Walmart is adding more stores, but company does not hire more associates, so there are employees with 4-5 stores that you must visit every week, on Tuesday's and Friday's, expect to go to 4-5 stores on those days for new releases.
Pros
Sometimes flexible hours
Cons
Too many clients, not enough time to complete activities, pay not worth what we're out there doing, oh and a decreasing salary every year
Good job for introverts
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 3, 2017
Pretty self-explanatory work, work alone and at your own pace, choose your own hours, phone and service provided and paid for, milage paid for. Still haven't received my last paycheck.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anderson Merchandisers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7