Anderson Merchandisers Employee Reviews

The company provides continuous opportunities to grow.
Territory Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 15, 2016
Anderson Merchandisers is a retail management company focused mainly on the Entertainment industry. Their main customer is Walmart and those third parties that have retail space within Walmart facilities. Anderson recently expanded it's retail services beyond the entertainment industry to include other high profile companies such as Post, T-Mobile and US Cellular. In working with Anderson Merchandisers I gained valuable insight into retail management and discovered many creative marketing opportunities. The position of their field employees allows independence and some flexibility of hours.
Not enough hours and pay is ridiculous
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCAugust 14, 2016
If you can pay your bills working 8 hours a week then this is the job for you. Some weeks you will not even be scheduled to work at all after they tell you at hiring you will work a minimum of 20 hours a week. I have only had one raise in the last year and it was only because Walmart raised their starting pay. I was promised one after 90 days and never received it!
Cons
Low Pay, No Hours, Management always complaining
General Manager of Distribution Center (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 9, 2016
I had a great career at Anderson Merchandisers. I worked there over 20 years. This job took me throughout the country to our other DC's
Look somewhere else
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 3, 2016
A lot of hype from my interview but not at all what I was told. Micro managed with little support. There are other merchandising companies out there with much more flexibility and better pay.
Pros
Cons
Must work certain days of the week which you cannot alter, Receieved my schedule on Friday for the next week so I couldn't plan my personal life.
Flexible Job
Tech Expert (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAJuly 26, 2016
A typical day at work is never the same. You go in every day and never know what to expect. You are greeted with new challenges and opportunities and come away at the end of the day with renewed pride and satisfaction of a job well done. You are constantly learning which leaves you yearning for more.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Amount of hours a week varies
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 24, 2016
I've earned many things, I've gained experience in working in internet orders, scanning books, being a part of the fire and safety committe. I've gained experience on a forklift..
Great environment, fun, exciting and family oriented.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 20, 2016
I really enjoyed working at anderson merchandisers. I had great co-workers, supervisors and management. I was sad to say good-bye to all the associates, having worked there for 14 &1/2 years. BUT, I'm also very excited for what the future holds.
You do all the work and they get the glory...Tgey don't care about their people.
Part-time rep (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJuly 14, 2016
Do not go to work for this company! They DO NOT CARE about you. They only care about themselves.. I did everything for this company, went everywhere they ask me to go, And they came in out of the blue, no notice nothing and let me go. They keep the people that don't work and let the good people go.
Pros
Cons
Over worked and under paid. No job security...
fast pace warehouse, fun place to work
Forklift operator/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 14, 2016
good management lots of overtime, lots of cross training available and room for advancement, would refer friends to this warehouse. nice pay raises.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
no down side
Fun Company
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 12, 2016
This company was a great place to work for, the traveling was a lot but they paid 32 cents a mile for gas. They gave free movies every 3-4 months shipped to your home for a bonus incentive.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Traveling
Terrible job
Sales (Former Employee) –  Pineville, LAJuly 12, 2016
The hours were flexible but the people in the company were rude and missleading. They tell you one thing when you interview and it is a completely different thing when you go in. They give you a work phone to use and you have to have it to complete your tasks but the system is hard to understand and the jobs are misleading. The pay is not work all the labor you are required to do. I would not recommend this to anyone. It is a pain and no one needs to go through and try to do that much for so little pay. Several times I was promised promotions and gifts if I completed certain tasks or got things to the front of the stores and I did but I never received anything that was promised.
My time at Anderson Merchandisers
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 4, 2016
This is a good company to work for. I pulled orders for Walmart also worked on a machine that has 100 shoots on it and you go shoot to shoot putting the merchandise in the box below the shoot.This is not a slow machine by no means. It was hard to keep the machine at full throttle the whole time. For the most part one can do it but sometimes you need a helping hand.The employees there make it very rough on all new hires. Once you establish respect between you and them it was all good.Their were some good people there basically new hires. By the end of the day you knew you had been at work. Anderson was bad about working over time every day and Saturday. Once in a while it is ok but everyday all year long it was very hard and stressful on the workers.
Pros
They paid pretty good, plus bonuses
Cons
Healthcare was too high.
I guess
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 1, 2016
I ended up only working here for a few months. The staff in the store I was placed were not at all accommodating, in fact they somedays made the job harder on purpose. They train you a a few days then that is about it. Not a great place to work if you are looking for upward movement. Management was also not that great. My supervisor was not horrible but the supervisor was very unpleasant.
Pros
We would sometime get free blu rays in the mail
iTunes merchandiser
ITunes Brand Advocate (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 27, 2016
Good job just not a lot of room for advancement and travel doesn't include a company car.

Looking for something that pays similar to what I make now with a car included or much less travel.
Pros
Steady 40 hours a week
Cons
Lots of travel low mileage reimbursement
Horrible place to work
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  MIJune 21, 2016
DON'T BELIEVE ALL THESE POSITIVE REVIEWS, SOME OF THEM ARE WRITTEN BY THE COMPANY ITSELF, HERE IS A TRUE LIFE, HONEST ACCOUNT OF THIS COMPANY.! Job consists of working in the Electronics Department at Wal-Mart with additional work to be done spread throughout the store. If you want to be a tool to your two bosses: the full time person, who, by the way, is doing the same exact job you are doing but has these benefits that you don't have:: full benefits; including, health insurance and profit sharing, 4 or more dollars per hour, and better gas reimbursement. Yet, you do the same exact job! Let that sink in. And your District Sales Merchandiser is the other Boss. Your DSM, will not approve your vacation request unless there is hardly anything important going on during your requested time off (which is rare). The part time position has limited hours, yet, you will constantly be getting more work (projects or "surveys") to do, gradually every week without more hours to complete the additional work load. You will assist Wal-Mart employees in the Electronics Department that will talk bad about you behind your back, but smile at you while you essentially do work for them that they benefit from. Wal-Mart managers are decent, about 50% are professional. The other 50%, again, will not appreciate you behind your back. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, DON'T PURSUE A JOB WITH THIS COMPANY. YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO WORK BLACK FRIDAY; AT NIGHT BY THE WAY. THANKSGIVING, YOU HAVE TO WORK. CHRISTMAS EVE YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO WORK. ONE OR THE OTHER: NEW YEARS EVE OR NEW YEAR'S DAY. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED  more... TO WORK TUESDAY MORNINGS- BARRING DEATH OR YOUR VEHICLE BREAKING DOWN- AND WILL BE WRITTEN UP IF YOU DO HAPPEN TAKE TUESDAY MORNING OFF DUE TO AN "EMERGENCY". TUESDAY IS NEW RELEASE DAY OF MUSIC AND MOVIES AT WAL-MART. WORST JOB IN MERCHANDISING. DON' T BE A TOOL, AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE. All for $9 an hour part time. What a joke.  less
Pros
Free Movies, that's all
Cons
unappreciative management, work holidays, too much work during your limited part time hours
infinite library of dvds and cds
Merchandising Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2016
A typical work day consisted of doing surveys making sure all dvds and cds were set according to the planogram. I learned that surveys are really important to help with the productivity of a work place. Management was always willing to help and listen to suggestions. My coworkers were very helpful and very patient. The hardest part was sometimes getting someone to sign off on the work you completed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexible schedule.
Pros
free promo shirts and dvds
Cons
surveys took forever if the machine didn't work
Fast paced merchandising job
Seasonal Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX 75024June 12, 2016
Fast paced
Learned to manage time
Co-workers were great to work with
Slight learning curve in the beginning but gets better
Best part is appreciating the work done behind the scenes
Pros
Free DVDs and merchandise, great overtime opportunities, awesome supervisors
Cons
Constantly on the move between 4 stores, long hours especially during holidays
Horrible place to work
Territory Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  FLJune 6, 2016
Worked as a territory lead sales person and just got laid off......supposedly it's due to lose of couple of accounts, but somehow I don't believe that's the case when I was just informed that they hired two new TSL's. What's up with this company. Mgmt is okay but there is too much work and not enough hours in a day/week to complete. Not enough pay for installing fixtures, climbing ladders and lifting heavy items in my opioion. Would not recommond this company to my worst nightmare.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Not enough pay for the work
Great Company
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 23, 2016
Anderson is a wonderful company to work for with great benefits and chances for advancement are there if willing to relocate.
Pros
Wonderful benefits, advancement and competitive pay
Cons
Way too much travel
Flexible Fast Paced Experience
Merchandising Specialist - National Acct. Chicago (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 16, 2016
If you learned what you are supposed to and can work with a store's management on issues that always arise, then this can be a good, productive job. I liked the varied job locations and early start times. You can get more accomplished in the mornings before customer traffic gets heavy and when store management is more available to assist with presentations. They offered the standard benefits you would expect for companies with full time associates but not so much for part time. You almost always worked by yourself and if you were good, you did not see your manager that much. But you had to communicate with that manager and when the manager visited your store, that store's employees should speak well of you. This is not a problem if the store knows your job helps them!
Pros
Flexible, mostly M-F, Variable locations
Cons
Was not much of a career job

2.9