Anderson Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive fun workplace.
Medication Reconciliation Technician (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJanuary 16, 2018
Quick paced learning environment that was easy to adapt with fun loving co-workers. Excellent computer software that was easy to learn which made my job stressful.
laughable at best
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJanuary 16, 2018
Manager is totally delirious and completely makes things up to fit her narrative. Totally fine until things don't go her way. This attitude extends all the way through to other departments (they refused to verify the time I worked there for the US dept of Education...)

Medicine is practiced in an old school, paternalistic manner, the management could care less - just as long as they can come and go as they please....No wonder the place is struggling financially.
Unit Secretary (telemetry) (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSJanuary 8, 2018
Busy, fast paced work environment. Opportunity to grow and excel. Always great to work with patients and their families. Different shifts available to fit your need.
Difficult but rewarding job.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSDecember 13, 2017
Working here gives you a chance to experience multiple levels and degrees of patient care. The staff are helpful and work well together. Opportunities for overtime and a self scheduling program.
customer service
Hospitality specialist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSNovember 8, 2017
I would recommend this position or others to this branch. It provides you to utilize your communication skills and welfare of knowledge. Also provides diversity among your peers.
not a very friendly place
INTENSIVE CARE RN (Former Employee) –  meridian msOctober 31, 2017
not a very friendly place there is a lot of negativity and unrest among staff. the culture was unpleasant.............................................................
Pros
getting paid
Cons
everything
Very fast paced environment and great starting out experience
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSAugust 28, 2017
Very fast paced environment. Awesome first place to start career out as a new nurse and get as much experience as possible. Very much recommend this place.
Case Management
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSAugust 3, 2017
Case management at Anderson's included utilization management of departments, Interqual management of the ER. Enjoyed the variety of work assignments. Pay was below average for position.
high volume in er
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSJuly 31, 2017
its not the job it was a good job just the co-workers.dealing with the different people and the hardest part was dealing with someone loved one death
great
RN (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSJune 23, 2017
Great facility to work at. Management is lacking. The facility is always understaffed for the patient census. After furthering my education they did not try to find a position to fulfill my higher education.
Cons
no relief
positive place to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJune 4, 2017
positive place
positive workplace
great hospital
great pay
clean and positive atmosphere
positive role models
great insurance and benefits and vacation
They could do better.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSMarch 19, 2017
My unit was frequently short staffed and the nurse to patient ratio was ridiculous and unfair. They are too meticulous about anyone getting overtime.
The employee discount in the cafeteria and the gift shop was a joke, you were better off bringing your meals and buying gifts elsewhere.
On the brighter side, my co-workers were awesome and we had a few nurse managers that were too.
Pros
Great co-workers, Some good managers
Cons
Being called off for low census, No overtime, Employee discount in cafeteria is a joke
Great job
Revenue Cycle/Cash Poster (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSMarch 14, 2017
Great place to work. Great management team. Room for advancement. Great job incentives. Pay is good. Great training staff. Over all fun place to work.
Very good learning experience
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSFebruary 27, 2017
I enjoyed working at Anderson. I began my career as a nurse there. Co-workers became family, I cared a lot for my patients. The hardest part was losing a patient to cancer after getting attached to them a and the family. I enjoyed taking care of different types of patients and dealing with their families. I enjoyed this job very much but I was looking at the grass is greener..
Pros
co workers, learning experience
Cons
understaffed
Busy
Monitor Tech / Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSFebruary 16, 2017
We work the same hours as do the nursing staff. Yet the nurses feel they should always get lunch and or breaks before the monitor techs.. There is only one person working in the monitor room at a time and the work load has increased to where it is necessary for there to be two employees at a time. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the constant need of cardiac monitors needed for the turn over of patients. We (monitor techs) have to keep up with the discharge and admitting of new patients during our 12 hour work shift. Telemetry is a very busy floor and that can mean admitting and discharging of 40 or more patients per shift. The best part of the job is when we identify a cardiac problem and alert the nurses to help save that persons life.
Pros
It is a steady paycheck, It feels good when you know you made a difference in saving someones life.
Cons
Difficult to get breaks, No raise in years, no respect by the RN's
Family nurse practitioner ED department
FAMILY NURSE PRACTITIONER ER AND FAST TRACK (Former Employee) –  McComb, MSFebruary 8, 2017
Family nurse practitioner in an emergency department both fast tract and ED areas. Triage patients levels . provided primary and specialty health care services, health maintenance and pharmacological intervention.
Very busy but well managed ER
Staff Nurse - FT nights in Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJanuary 27, 2017
I worked with the best doctors in the area. The ER manager was excellent. The care provided was good, but there were problems with transition.
Anderson
Cash Posting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSDecember 28, 2016
Decent place to work. Boss is great to work for. Plenty of tasks to work. Great learning and work environment. The benefits are good. Family run hospital
Pros
lunch, insurance, paid time off
Cons
Not apllicable
Wonderful and exciting place to work.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSNovember 30, 2016
A typical day is sticking patients that come into the emergency room. Also ordering lab in the computer and than sticking the patients for blood collections. Than i also had to go room to room when ever they have lab orders.
Retirement job
Insurance Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSAugust 22, 2016
There is nothing really hard about the work. Just expect to work with no incentives, motivations or yearly raises. Too much behind the scenes drama.
Pros
Decent pay for the area
Cons
No yearly raises, no paid vacation, mediocre benefits, no paid holidays