Anderson Trucking Service Employee Reviews

Not For Me
Regional Carrier Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 30, 2017
Just was not a great fit for me. Poor management, stressful environment, poor pay, long hours, no recognition for working extra, I planned on staying a while but could not stay any longer.
Pros
Nice Facilities
Cons
No breaks, poor pay, poor management, stressful
Working for ats
Class A CDL Truck Driver lease operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 17, 2017
This is not a good job at all. They pay lowest rates I have seen. The rates are the same as I received when I started trucking in 1983. They will not send you where you need to go when you want to. No benefits want to keep you on the road for months at a time. The management is no good. The lease rates are over priced. They will tell you there is a $2500 sign on bonus. You will only see in your pocket the 1st $500. After that they figure out a way to take it away from you .There is supposed to be a $4000 dollar lease completion bonus . They only way to collect it is surrender iit to buy a truck through 1 of there dealerships. I have witnessed them pulling a lot of shady deals on other drivers. Not to mention I'm trying very hard to get away from them.
Pros
No pros
Cons
All cons
Unsatisfactory
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 4, 2017
Working for Anderson Trucking Service was not satisfactory. The company pays a low percent on the cost of freight. Also the company was giving low paying loads which kept me in the negative as being an Owner Operator.
Pros
Cons
Low paying loads, No benefits, No home time
Drive
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  NCDecember 29, 2016
Company sucks. Just enough miles to make truck payment, no more than that. No benefits because you can't afford them! Basically you just deliver for them without getting paid!
Cons
they don't stand behind there drivers,no real benifits,and sell wore out trucks to there contract drivers and very little home time no medical benifit
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  725 opportunity drive saint cloud MNDecember 5, 2016
this company will pay good as long as you dont keep having break downs,which you may have because they lease your used high miles truck's they also dont hace any medical insurances for there lease drivers or dential insurance either,and they are quick to termate a driver if you have a costly accident even if you've been found not at fault
Pros
it does pay really well and there is the chance of really making big money than the average driver
Cons
very little home time at all, no medical insurance benifits at all and the same for dential, they dont stand behind there drivers at all
was a good company/place to work
Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNNovember 7, 2016
played a one-man parts clerk at a semi "prep" shop, to help get trucks ready for the road. Some physical, some mental, come computer. just a good all around job and a good learning experience.
Overall good job
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Midwest regionJuly 6, 2016
Good equipment decent pay and benefits home most weekends on Midwest Regional division need more people answering the phones
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
long wait to talk to dispatcher
Great Place to work
Regional Carrier Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 23, 2016
Very awesome culture and very easy going. Somewhat repetitive workload. Great management but not a ton of room for growth except in the long run.
Pros
Cons
Room for growth
stayed there for almost 6 years
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 13, 2016
was enjoyable work place till last 2 years (last dispatcher I had there was of poor quality but other than that was good) most of the personal in the main and sub branches have at least some understanding as to the amount of time family and life sacrifices required of the job made do it much easier and enjoyable.
Pros
some advancement and respect was given threw out company
Cons
advancement and enjoyment of comapany heavily dependant on dispatcher
great job
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  st cloud mnSeptember 30, 2015
The company is great to work for I haven't had any problems with them what so ever my dispatcher keeps me running, anytime I have issue with the truck they get fixed proptly all in it its a great company to work for iam just ready to be at home with family
Dependable driver
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  725 OPPORTUNITY DR. ST CLOUD M.N.August 11, 2015
Some times the job gets tough but that dont stop. Even on my worse, still get the job done. I loved anderson trucking, the pay is great, medical benefits was ok, not the best, but fine. Anderson trucking is and over the road company, specialize in heavy haul, dry van, and flat bed, through out the year I did house hold goods, there freight stretches across the midwest, and norht east.
Oppressive and depressing place to work.
Diesel mechanic (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNApril 8, 2015
I worked for the ATS as a Mechanic on the tractor side of the shop in St. Cloud. The shop foremen were good to work for, but the "director of maintenance" they have there is a complete fool and slave driver. He took the flat rate system, divided the times in half and that's what you got to do the job. I wouldn't recommend this company unless you want to work yourself to death by literally running all day in the shop for very little pay. Also interesting is that they work you 45 hours a week in the shop and don't pay overtime pay. Never mind the one Saturday a month they make you work a full 9 hour shift on top of your 45 hours for that week with no overtime pay....
Pros
The foremen.
Cons
Low pay, broken flat rate system, director of maintance, work Saturdays.
They sincerely care about your success
Long Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNApril 6, 2015
I feel that ATS is the best employer that I have ever had. They have created an atmosphere where you can go as high as you would like in your driving career. They make sure that you have all the tools necessary to be successful here. All you have to do is work hard and stay after it. Working in Specialized is very challenging. There will be bumps and bruises along the way but when the dust settles you will be pleased with your pay and the satisfaction of a job well done. ATS recognizes hard work and excellence.
Pros
New equipment. Weekly settlements
Cons
Old trailers. Limited dispatch of loads. No load board to pick from
Inside sales for large expanding compamy
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMarch 13, 2015
A typical day would be review loads to make sure that they are reaching their destination without flaws. Taking calls from prospective clients to see if Anderson Trucking could help move whatever they would need from point A to point B. I typically would cold call past clients and prospective new clients on a daily basis. Was constantly linked to my email as well monitoring shipments that are offered out and dealing with clients concerns. You are working with a lot of different people during the day so team work and communication is very essential in this industry. I learned a lot about the trucking industry that I never knew and got to see a lot of impressive heavy equipment moved while working there. Not all of the time, but sometimes you would have to deal with major problems such as a load not moving, permits were wrong, there was an accident with the truck or equipment, and even truckers leaving a shipment sit some place and you have to figure out where it went. I really enjoyed learning about the trucking industry and worked with great managers that had a great grasp of what needs to happen and when.
Management only worries about themselves!
Lease Purchase Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNFebruary 23, 2015
They say they care, but they don't. They aren't interested in anything that you have going on in your life. They don't care if you don't make a paycheck, as long as they are making money. They play favorites. Your deductions per week are super high with this company. The only good thing is they have a walk away lease after one year. Dispatcher named Mark is the worst fleet manager I've had since I had been driving trucks! Stay away from them. Bait and switch professionals!!
Pros
Walk away lease program
Cons
High weekly deductions and low paying freight in regional work
Freedom of loads,dest and home time
Owner/Operator flatbed (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNOctober 31, 2014
Loading ..Driving to dest.And unloading.This isrepeated all over the 48 states.
Pros
Go where and when you want
A very big company , but your all family
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 11, 2014
A great place to work
we drove all 48 state , 100,000 + miles per year
over size loads
the hard part , Home time
the most enjoyable part , O/Operator's are very smart people
Pros
They will keep you very busy
Cons
Heath care
Productive and fun
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNNovember 18, 2013
I think it's the best job I ever had.I think just about anyone would love working there.
Pros
free lunch when you come to office in St.Cloud MN
Cons
health care for sure
not a good company
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 12, 2013
when i started at ats we were told that is was a lease purchase then find out when we are doing the lease that it was just a lease truck, payments high, truck was junk and when they fixed something i had to double check it to be sure it was actually done because i was paying for it, there is too much to list
The job was ok, but the time away from home was poor
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 27, 2013
I enjoyed my time working for Anderson Trucking and the dispatchers were very good. The trucks were good also

I picked up and delivers supplies etc. all over the country and Canada.

The only co-workers I was involved with were those at the Truck Stops and that was nice.

The hardest part was the long hours and time away from home

The most enjoyable part was the good dispatchers I had