Anderson Trucking Service

Anderson Trucking Service United States Employee Reviews

They sincerely care about your success
Long Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNApril 6, 2015
Pros: New equipment. Weekly settlements
Cons: Old trailers. Limited dispatch of loads. No load board to pick from
I feel that ATS is the best employer that I have ever had. They have created an atmosphere where you can go as high as you would like in your driving career. They make sure that you have all the tools necessary to be successful here. All you have to do is work hard and stay after it. Working in Specialized is very challenging. There will be bumps and bruises along the way but when the dust settles you will be pleased with your pay and the satisfaction of a job well done. ATS recognizes hard work and excellence.
Inside sales for large expanding compamy
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNMarch 13, 2015
A typical day would be review loads to make sure that they are reaching their destination without flaws. Taking calls from prospective clients to see if Anderson Trucking could help move whatever they would need from point A to point B. I typically would cold call past clients and prospective new clients on a daily basis. Was constantly linked to my email as well monitoring shipments that are offered out and dealing with clients concerns. You are working with a lot of different people during the day so team work and communication is very essential in this industry. I learned a lot about the trucking industry that I never knew and got to see a lot of impressive heavy equipment moved while working there. Not all of the time, but sometimes you would have to deal with major problems such as a load not moving, permits were wrong, there was an accident with the truck or equipment, and even truckers leaving a shipment sit some place and you have to figure out where it went. I really enjoyed learning about the trucking industry and worked with great managers that had a great grasp of what needs to happen and when.
Management only worries about themselves!
Lease Purchase Owner Operator (Former Employee), St. Cloud, MNFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: walk away lease program
Cons: high weekly deductions and low paying freight in regional work
They say they care, but they don't. They aren't interested in anything that you have going on in your life. They don't care if you don't make a paycheck, as long as they are making money. They play favorites. Your deductions per week are super high with this company. The only good thing is they have a walk away lease after one year. Dispatcher named Mark is the worst fleet manager I've had since I had been driving trucks! Stay away from them. Bait and switch professionals!!
FREEDOM OF LOADS,DEST AND HOME TIME
Owner/Operator flatbed (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNOctober 31, 2014
Pros: go where and when you want
LOADING ..DRIVING TO DEST.AND UNLOADING.THIS ISREPEATED ALL OVER THE 48 STATES.
A very big company , but your all family
Owner Operator (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNJuly 11, 2014
Pros: they will keep you very busy
Cons: heath care
A great place to work
we drove all 48 state , 100,000 + miles per year
over size loads
the hard part , Home time
the most enjoyable part , O/Operator's are very smart people
Productive and fun
Owner/Operator (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNNovember 18, 2013
Pros: free lunch when you come to office in st.cloud mn
Cons: health care for sure
I think it's the best job I ever had.I think just about anyone would love working there.
not a good company
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNAugust 12, 2013
when i started at ats we were told that is was a lease purchase then find out when we are doing the lease that it was just a lease truck, payments high, truck was junk and when they fixed something i had to double check it to be sure it was actually done because i was paying for it, there is too much to list
The job was ok, but the time away from home was poor
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNJune 27, 2013
I enjoyed my time working for Anderson Trucking and the dispatchers were very good. The trucks were good also

I picked up and delivers supplies etc. all over the country and Canada.

The only co-workers I was involved with were those at the Truck Stops and that was nice.

The hardest part was the long hours and time away from home

The most enjoyable part was the good dispatchers I had
great job
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNJune 17, 2013
Pros: free showers
good work load need more accounts and better dispatchers in finding good paying loads
What else would you expect ?
Terminal/Operations Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, flMay 7, 2012
Pros: newer equipment
Cons: poor management staff, no support, waste money
After working for ATS for more then 20 years I've seen many changes take place, in the beginning it was a family owned and operated company and it seemed to be a place a person could expect to retire from but it hasn't been like that for the last 12 to 15 years. Poor management has pretty much destroyed any thought of retirement. I worked at 2 outside terminals Gary in & Jacksonville Fl during my 20 years so I speak from experience when I say Corporate support for outside terminals had basically vanished. If you get into the St Cloud Click you can last a while but if the right people don't like you, well you'll be doing the same thing I am right now.
Interesting job with hauling varying loads of all sizes and weights to new locations in Canada and the United States.
Over the road driver (Former Employee), St. Cloud, MNMarch 7, 2012
Pros: equipment, pay
Cons: home-time
Great company to work for if you can stand to be away from home for long periods of time. Can make money if the desire is there.