Andis Company Employee Reviews in United States

Solid decline in management since generational leadership change.
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIOctober 30, 2015
Andis has declined greatly during the last 5 or 6 years. The company has lost direction, solid management, and the ability to adjust to stakeholders needs. Overall loss of value to employees, customers and general community.
Wonderful family business that shared 25 years of my life with and gained many close friends
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIFebruary 7, 2015
I enjoyed my job, most of it, and always had a sense of loyalty to be there and on time. The best part of my job was the people I worked with. You don't find that very many places where you have your close friends at work! A typical day was usually upbeat and we would try to find the good in anything negative that might come up.

I learned to work as a team member. The first few years working there, I was pretty much left to myself to do my job. But as the company grew, we were developing a new culture and it meant depending on others to help me get things done. It was difficult for me at first, but I believe when I left others would verify that I was a good team member.

I have always enjoyed working with numbers so the data entry I think was the most enjoyable and of course when I reconciled the account and it would balance the first time.

The hardest part of the job for me was month end deadlines. I would rather be sure my figures were exact and I didn't always have the extra time to do that at month end. I hated making mistakes.
Pros
flex hours in the summer, vacation time was easily scheduled, great people to work with
Cons
no breaks the last year i worked there. my last boss was not a people person.
Learned to do new things
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIMarch 30, 2014
I learned how to do punch press,grinding, drill press operator. Set up the lines, run the lines, clean the lines
Pros
learned alot of new stuff
Cons
hard work
Excellent company but in transition of many changes
Material Handler Supervisor/Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIOctober 16, 2013
Excellent company. Learned everything listed on resume in my skills and education through this company; either by classes outside work place as well as consultants, coaches and workshops within the company. Immediate manager was excellent; Most enjoyable part of the job was creating my own position and being extremely knowledgeable in my field. Hardest part of my job (only in my last 2-3 years) was to maintain the integrity of the supervisory aspect under the new vision and cultural change of the company.
Pros
great benefits and reward system
Cons
lots of transitioning and changes
Productive place to learn the ins and outs of material handling
Material Handler?Dock Lead (Current Employee) –  Racine WiAugust 12, 2013
Typical day consists of loading and unloading trucks using RF gun to locate and put away product...cycle counting training new employees floating between the warehouse assembly and shipping...Cleaning area and re-palletizing uneven skids....most enjoyable part of the job comes from training and helping others to succeed...I learned how to use RF guns drive cherry pickers and stand up forklifts also how to communicate well with others....management for my department is ok
Mainly a good place to work, usually enjoyable
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIDecember 13, 2012
I would be assigned to a task and when i completed that task i would find my immediate supervisor and request more work to do. I had a lead and a supervisor, my lead was not very management orientated and did lead very effectively.
Pros
free ham at christmas, free meals regularly
Cons
short breaks, strict attendance policy, gossipy
Line Worker
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIOctober 26, 2012
long days, tedious work, worked there for very short time for summer work.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

Want to know more about Andis Company?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Andis Company. Our community is ready to answer.