Andis Company Employee Reviews

Good place for work but poor management
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIApril 14, 2017
I learned a lot with working at Andis. I learned how to fix and work with certain machines. I learned how to solder and fix and make clippers. I learned over 5 lines within Andis. I got promoted to being line trainer and then to line lead. I loved the job it was a great experience but the most difficult part was dealing with management and my coworkers. I had problems with management wanting to to help out where it was needed and then my coworkers would feel as if I was being favored. It was a hard situation I had to deal with because I was friends with a lot of people at Andis.
Pros
Coworkers, the work was easy and good, good benefits, and good hours.
Cons
A lot of favoritism going on with elderly, management didn't really handle situations as best as they could, and they don't know how to communicate with there coworkers.
Productive and great place to learn!
Product Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIMarch 26, 2017
Working at Andis has been a great opportunity! From working trade shows to working in the office, the atmosphere is great and fast paced! The people in the office are very welcoming!
Pros
Great environment!
Productive Workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIMarch 5, 2017
A typical day at Andis Co. was never to overwhelming.

the most enjoyable part of the work day was when you make your rate for the product that you are assembling.
Family owned
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIFebruary 18, 2017
You get a steady 40 hour paycheck weekly with no ot unless it is mandatory. It is the same people every time that get ot management show favoritism there. They should rotate ot sence it is limited. You think you work with adults, but there is a lot of high school drama. People getting other people fired by lieing and conieving beware. Management can be unprofessional in solving problems by taking sides they show favoritism. Benefits seem great it is a good and stable company to get hired in. Andis is a family owned business that's been around for a long time. They seemed to be a down to earth people.
Pros
Benefits, Christmas shut down, Xmas party, give out free hams at Xmas, diversity..
Cons
Managment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIJanuary 6, 2017
Andis is a wonderful place to work if you like building things such as clippers, hair straighteners, air dryers and etc. Also excellent hands on training.
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, WIDecember 28, 2016
Es un trabajo en equipo los supervisores y lo cerredores de linea muy buenos
Solid decline in management since generational leadership change.
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIOctober 30, 2015
Andis has declined greatly during the last 5 or 6 years. The company has lost direction, solid management, and the ability to adjust to stakeholders needs. Overall loss of value to employees, customers and general community.
Good place to gain experience, laidback
Lean Technician (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant WIJuly 6, 2015
As a Lean technician, I spent my time creating schedules, training new employees, and dealing with any issues with equipment. I learned how to motivate other employees and how to place people where they work best in order to get the best production. I met with supervisors, engineers, and quality control regularly to express any concerns on behalf of my line(s). I spoke with 1st shift line leads before my shift began to coordinate and to exchange any information about the day's production. Management was for the most part supportive. there were some issues when the long-time second shift supervisor switched to third shift. I think the hardest part for me was the commute when I moved here to Milwaukee. I really did enjoy getting the opportunity to lead others and learn about the manufacturing process.
Pros
employee discounts, health, insurance, 401(k)
Cons
management, no exception policies, mandatory overtime
Wonderful family business that shared 25 years of my life with and gained many close friends
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIFebruary 7, 2015
I enjoyed my job, most of it, and always had a sense of loyalty to be there and on time. The best part of my job was the people I worked with. You don't find that very many places where you have your close friends at work! A typical day was usually upbeat and we would try to find the good in anything negative that might come up.

I learned to work as a team member. The first few years working there, I was pretty much left to myself to do my job. But as the company grew, we were developing a new culture and it meant depending on others to help me get things done. It was difficult for me at first, but I believe when I left others would verify that I was a good team member.

I have always enjoyed working with numbers so the data entry I think was the most enjoyable and of course when I reconciled the account and it would balance the first time.

The hardest part of the job for me was month end deadlines. I would rather be sure my figures were exact and I didn't always have the extra time to do that at month end. I hated making mistakes.
Pros
Flex hours in the summer, vacation time was easily scheduled, great people to work with
Cons
No breaks the last year I worked there. My last boss was not a people person.
Learned to do new things
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIMarch 30, 2014
I learned how to do punch press,grinding, drill press operator. Set up the lines, run the lines, clean the lines
Pros
Learned alot of new stuff
Cons
Hard work
Excellent company but in transition of many changes
Material Handler Supervisor/Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIOctober 16, 2013
Excellent company. Learned everything listed on resume in my skills and education through this company; either by classes outside work place as well as consultants, coaches and workshops within the company. Immediate manager was excellent; Most enjoyable part of the job was creating my own position and being extremely knowledgeable in my field. Hardest part of my job (only in my last 2-3 years) was to maintain the integrity of the supervisory aspect under the new vision and cultural change of the company.
Pros
Great benefits and reward system
Cons
Lots of transitioning and changes
Productive place to learn the ins and outs of material handling
Material Handler?Dock Lead (Current Employee) –  Racine WiAugust 12, 2013
Typical day consists of loading and unloading trucks using RF gun to locate and put away product...cycle counting training new employees floating between the warehouse assembly and shipping...Cleaning area and re-palletizing uneven skids....most enjoyable part of the job comes from training and helping others to succeed...I learned how to use RF guns drive cherry pickers and stand up forklifts also how to communicate well with others....management for my department is ok
Mainly a good place to work, usually enjoyable
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIDecember 13, 2012
I would be assigned to a task and when i completed that task i would find my immediate supervisor and request more work to do. I had a lead and a supervisor, my lead was not very management orientated and did lead very effectively.
Pros
free ham at christmas, free meals regularly
Cons
short breaks, strict attendance policy, gossipy
Line Worker
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIOctober 26, 2012
long days, tedious work, worked there for very short time for summer work.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Andis Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7