Andrews Custom Building Corp. (ACBC) (a high-end, residential construction-management company) is seeking a committed administrative and development professional with strong analytical, organizational and communication skills, for a full-time position as the Associate Operations Assistant and Development Associate, in Saint James, Long Island. The candidate selected must have at least two years of office administrative experience. Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
Must be happy working independently in a fast-paced and demanding environment, with proficient abilities in creating well written documents and manage spreadsheets.
As the Office Administrator and Development Associate, your primary goals are to provide executive level administrative support to the President, and to provide continuing operational assistance and project management for a variety of strategies spanning the whole organization and interacting with a variety of people—including high end clients, architects, designers, vendors, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience:
1. A college degree
2. Proficient oral and written skills (correct spelling is valued highly)
3. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through
4. High level of discretion and confidentiality
5. Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
6. Ability to anticipate needs and to proactively take action
7. Good nature; “can-do” attitude
8. Resourcefulness and ability to work independently
9. Ability to use the Internet effectively for research, purchases, etc.
10. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
11. Interest in construction, design, architecture, etc. is a plus, but not required for this position.
12. Certificate of Notary a huge plus
1. Organizing and maintaining all aspects of job sites, including, but not limited to: inventorying materials, ensuring protection of finished materials and surfaces, assisting in the scheduling of subcontractors, creating and distributing meeting minutes, ordering materials, keeping track of schedule and tasks to complete, etc.
2. Assist with business development, including: updating our website, researching new connections, potential clients, etc., and updating/changes office protocols for proper office efficiency
3. Creating and modifying documents as required
4. Organizing meetings, conferences, and special events-- as required
5. Maintaining files and records, as well as retrieving information as needed
6. Some light lifting, up to approx 30 lbs
7. Tracking finances for smaller project
8. Assisting in any other general office and administrative duties as required