Andrews International Employee Reviews

Great Field Training
Corporal/Field Training Officer (Former Employee), Gurnee, IllinoisAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Primary Field Trainer
Cons: Not many great benefits (health insurance, vacation time)
Became a Field Training Officer and got to provide various kinds of training for the company. Also learned leadership qualities working along with another supervisor.
Very Good Learning Experience
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Brooklyn,NyAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Union Sites
Cons: Power Struggles
-Learn How to Use The Fire Command Station
-Write Proper Incident Reports
-Learn How To Reset Elevators And Escalators
The Hardest Part Of The Job Is To Manage The Fire Command Station
The Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job Is The Learning Experience
What I Learned For Management Was I Improved On My Clerical Skills And Grammar Skills.
My Co Workers Are Great There Very Fast Learners and Are Experience Workers
Fun place
Security Officer (Former Employee), Folsom, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Relaxing
Good co-workers. Learned multiple tasking quick as what came with the job. Typical day was busy reassuring that things get done. Most enjoyable was meeting different people.
Big break room
Security Officer (Former Employee), Culver City, CAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Great benifits
Cons: Terrible management
Company is great but the managers at the place i worked at were terrible from the sony pictures location. They neglected a lot of my requests and willing to move ahead.
Nice Workplace.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Edina, MNJuly 16, 2015
Pros: great working environment
Cons: short breaks
Making sure the mall was a safe place for customers to shop and for employees to work by patrolling the inside of the mall and outside.
Efficient work environment that fosters teamwork and professionalism always.
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 19, 2015
I have been working at the 9/11 Memorial and Museum going on 3 1/2 years now. I have learned many useful things during my tenure at the site. The people I have encountered, whether professionally or socially, have greatly impacted me. A typical work day in the museum is constant visitor volume. They are greeted by a screening process synonymous to airport security. Each visitor is thoroughly screened by stepping through a magnotometer threshold device and their belongings are inserted into an x-ray machined to be viewed for contraband interception. After this process is completed each visitor – more... may continue toward the exhibitions located below the museum's main entrance.

My colleagues are great. They really help one another throughout the day on various tasks whether major or minor. Whenever I may experience any difficulty I can always rely on someone to assist in my time of need without hesitation. Management is very vigilant and adept to how the site needs to be operated. They have handled many adverse situations very quickly, safely, and professionally.

The hardest part of my job is handling unstable people or encountering a item of contraband that can pose a threat to the public, such as a weapon. I have been involved in one instance where a New Jersey state trooper entered the museum with his service weapon on him and he failed to inform me that it was on his person. I simply saw it on my monitor on the x-ray machine, locked the chamber of my machine so the weapon would not exit on the other side, and immediately summoned a NYPD officer to speak with the gentleman about the matter. It was a fearful time because I saw the pistol and just imagined that if it were to belong to someone else, it would've been an entirely different scenario.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people from all over the world. I get to briefly converse with them about their whereabouts and even get to pick up phrases in their native toungues. I feel as though to communicate effectively with someone, you should make a valiant effort to learn his or her language. It is a major sign of respect, but also bridges the gap between people that may forge lifelong relationships, whether personal or professional. – less
Fun place to work at for your first job.
Patrol officer/Receptionist (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Coworkers and Management
Cons: N/A
Had a really fun time working with everyone in this company. Friendly and had a fun vibe at the work place. Absolute great place
Lobby Receptionist Greeted incoming Employees,Customers
Security Lobby Receptionist (Former Employee), Sunnnyvale,CAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Received Certification CPR, First Aid and AED
Cons: Contractor Position No Medical and Dental Benefits
I would unlock Lobby Doors Each Morning, Access Printing machine to Print out Temporary One Day Badges for Employees and Visitors, Answer Phone and Transfer Calls to Employees. Greet All Entering with a Smile and Check Access to Entry of Building. Management very Helpful. My Co-workers located were in other Lobby's We would Call Each Other if needing Assistance. I Enjoyed this Job Assisting People in the Workplace and Public
Horrible company:
S.G. (Former Employee), S.F.May 21, 2015
Pros: No good things I can think about this company.
Cons: Everyting.
Don't trust anyone from this place from the recruiters office, they are terrible from Jacquie to Bryan both terrible con-artists who swindle they're potential people to work with this company, they fakly put very low-hanging fruit only to have that fruit rotten to the core. The methods of deployment and strategy they employ is not a good one. They will give you bad contacts than cancel those without any due process. I would rate this company as one of the worst I have ever delt with.
nice place to work if you love fashion
Security Guard (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 19, 2015
its a cool job but a lot of standing and very busy school great place to see creative students.co workers are nosey but they mean well. the management is okay but sometimes the day bosses are not on the same page with each other. i learend how to do three things at once.
Good Company
Operations Manager / Account Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 30, 2015
Was a great company, since the merger certain standards have dropped. Other have risen. Could use a little more help in the back office support.
Site Review
Security Officer (Former Employee), Caltrans Oakland,CAApril 20, 2015
Caltrans Oakland working for Andrews International
was a nice site. Pay Just Need to be increased and company need to stand behind officers more.
Work
Security Guards (Former Employee), Amana, IAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Steady work
Cons: Did not pay enough!
We would do foot and vehicle patrols to make sure there was no destruction to the property and all the machines inside were running up to par!
great advancement opportunities
Security Manager (Former Employee), Valencia, CAApril 6, 2015
Pros: advancement opportunities
Cons: on your feet all day
Lots of walking and dealing with customers. I really enjoyed this job and management was helpful with any issues or questions.
Fun
Security Guard (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 2, 2015
This was a pretty good experiance, but maybe because it was on the grove. We had to walk around the property all day and also was able to help guest with information.
Interesting job enviornment
Executive interaction and customer service (Current Employee), Santa Fe, NMMarch 12, 2015
Pros: great compensation
Cons: no advancement and no benifits
My day begins with pass Down and briefing of pertinent information. followed by foot patrol to maintain knowledge of security breaches or emergency's.
it's better then other companys
Security Officer (Current Employee), Redondno beach ca.March 12, 2015
over worked under paid management try's to do better co workers are OK monthly meetings are OK customers and employees are disrespectful
Excellent work place, always something happening.
Lieutenant Commander (Current Employee), Burbank, CAFebruary 21, 2015
Deploy Officers to their Post / learned responsibility / hardest part of the job is dealing with 5150 transients on property / most enjoyable part is assisting patrons with their needs.
Great company and people to work with.
Recruiter (Contract Position) (Former Employee), Burbank, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Great company to work for. Friendly group of professionals. Enjoyed going to work each day. Only regret was the position was a contract position.
Overall good company
Operations Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: benefits
Operation of Schedules, payroll processing, client relations. Hiring of officers for contract security. Managing special events that include executive protection assignments, movie screenings, anti piracy assignments.