Andrews International Employee Reviews

productive and safe place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 25, 2016
Calm and safe environment co-workers are always on time for their shift. Hardest part is the pay is too little (9.35), most enjoyable part calm and safe area!
Good company,
Director of public safety (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 26, 2016
I worked with this company for several years. It's a stable company, with several accounts across the country. I enjoyed working with them and their management staff. Most of my co-workers were professional co-workers. Hardest part of the job was when the contract ended. Working with the general public, and local Law enforcement.
Pros
Good chance for edvancement
Cons
contracts are on limited time.
Strong team work and flexible schedules.
Human Resources Manager/HR Lead South East Region (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2016
Filling many roles.
Mananging employees in several states.
Management was very suppotive.
Colleagues were hard workig but needed more people.
Hardest part of the job was starting up new loctions without enough staff.
Most enjoyable was telecommuting.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Small staff
Good people friendly environment
Payroll Specialist and Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 18, 2016
Its a 8 hour a day position and you drive around and make sure everything is secure in the buildings. The management was friendly and helpful, always there to answer questions. Most enjoyable part was meeting new people on a daily basis.
Pros
good pay and friendly co-workers
Cons
non stable positions
Fast paced enviroment
Lead Guard (Current Employee) –  180 Greenwich St. New York NY 10007July 12, 2016
Its a great company the people we work for is wonderful, but in my position im at my top and there is no room for advancement.
benefits
Cons
no advancement
Fulfilling job with many opportunities to help the public to enjoy out facilities.
Account Manager / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 6, 2016
While working from the office scheduling and attending to subordinates needs I also worked in the field as a patrol officers. I responding to radio calls, field questions and phone request of customer service and law and rule enforcement situations.
I liked working for this company.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Tupman CaJuly 3, 2016
Typical swing is busy from 3pm-8pm. Management is low because no one comes out to see you working. I maintain my work as if my manager is on site. What I learn is that safety is a big part of knowing your chemicals and where you should go when there is a chemical spill, or help patrol the emergency vehicles and directing traffic as needed. I work on my own every shift. There is a lot of favoritism of certain people to work the shifts they request and when days needed to be request off coworkers that did not matter would not receive that day off. So I would cover for my co-workers.
Productive fast workplace
Security Supervisor, John Hancock Building Boston (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 29, 2016
productive fast workplace with a lot of people going in and out of the building, you have to be on your toes. There is always overtime every week if you are interested in picking the phone up when you get a call.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
management
Very easy job with decent pay.
Unarmed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Taft, CAJune 23, 2016
Work days are a little slow but very easy and everyone in the company are very nice and helpful. The hardest part of this job is all the down time but it makes it easy for students who have homework.
Employee
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Aiea, HIJune 21, 2016
Low pay, checks always wrong, not to many good sites. Management slow to respond or not at all! High turn over, people come and go.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Pay, no team work, management sucks!
good comapany
Security Officer/Rover (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 27, 2016
Don't have much to say. they always made mistakes when it came down to pay. worked 16 hour shifts daily. very irresponsible management.
Fast paced and brotherhood-like enviroment
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2016
I have built great relationships down here at the W.T.C. but it is time to move to another adventure. I have reached the top of the food chain here for this company and I am unable to accomplish my goals in this position.
Fun placed to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 12, 2016
My day involved escorting contractors through a structure, monitoring alarms systems. I learned how to be clear and concise when writing reports. My co-workers were friendly. Management was fair and efficient. The hardest part of my job was staying awake during long work shifts. The most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with client employees and visitors.
great company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 29, 2016
I had a great experience with andrews international the pay was fair and hous were great i have no complaints looking forward to continue working security.
My Experiences
Loading Dock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAApril 26, 2016
I have enjoy what I do. I get to work with interesting people and do something I love to do. I enjoy putting teams together and watch them succeed. The most difficult task was having to fire someone because the company just cant keep them anymore.
Pros
Doing A Job I Love
Cons
Having To Go Home
Exciting
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 14, 2016
A typical dat at work was working the front desk, writing citations, and patrolling the campus. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting different people
Typical Security Company
Security Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 11, 2016
This company was not around very long, and to me the managers were not very good and did not provide guidance or training and was not surprised they were bought out.
Security patrol officer
Security Guard/ Patrol officer (Former Employee) –  Waikele, HIApril 10, 2016
Outstanding
• Patrol and secure area
• Be on the watch for suspicious activities
• Stop shop lifters
• Operate and maintain Radio connectivity
The clients were vary open to suggestions but management always changed the requirements and did not tell the client. This made management look good.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2016
I went around in the middle of the night checking buildings. My co-workers and field supervisors were great. We worked together. Management in the office were constantly changing the requirements and making them tighter. I asked some of the clients if these changes were necessary. No. I enjoyed the clients, they treated us well and gave us feed back of how we were doing, good or bad. That made our performance better. The contract had the requirements laid down vary well. The tighter the requirements were the less they were totally completed because of time restraints.
Pros
Clients
Good Company
Armed Security Officer at SMC (Current Employee) –  Niles, MIMarch 10, 2016
Very good company, nice and personal organization.
Through training and has excellent team work ethics, and has strong follow-up skills.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Not enough pay & hours

2.9