Andrews International Employee Reviews

Day in the life of a security guard
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  ‘Aiea, HINovember 5, 2016
Andrews International Aiea branch has their own work culture. The positive aspects about my job is getting to know the community and meeting clients who you keep safe & protected. The negative aspects are the turn-overs and inequality job growth/pay grades for females who work in the private security industry; especially at Andrews International.
Pros
Management is open to work availabilities
Cons
Gender discrimination/unequal pay grade for females
What a better place to do security then the Mall
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 1, 2016
This wasn't a bad experience right in the middle of Downtown Brooklyn NY. right across the street from the Brooklyn Nets stadium where I was able to witness it get build from the grown up to later meet famous people.

What i didn't like about it was the amount of hours we had to put in for the pay, took a lot of time away from my family and the time new born. I served them loyally and when my daughter was born prematurely they only gave me 2.5 days of unpaid leave.

The management team i worked with was great, a lot of laughs we where a family always had each others back. i did my time and due to personal reasons I had to leave.

Overall Great place to work
Pros
is where i obtained my handcuff safety classes
Cons
long nights no time for my family especially holidays
Different environment each time
Special Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CADecember 15, 2016
I did red carpet events in Hollywood, I learned How to be a professional security guard the ins and outs the do's and dont's
Management was not present, my co-workers were there but we never spoke,
the hardest part of my job was to get to different locations at any given time
Pros
red carpet events
Cons
worked whenever and where ever
Fast paced enviroment
Lead Guard (Current Employee) –  180 Greenwich St. New York NY 10007July 12, 2016
Its a great company the people we work for is wonderful, but in my position im at my top and there is no room for advancement.
benefits
Cons
no advancement
Good company,
Director of public safety (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 26, 2016
I worked with this company for several years. It's a stable company, with several accounts across the country. I enjoyed working with them and their management staff. Most of my co-workers were professional co-workers. Hardest part of the job was when the contract ended. Working with the general public, and local Law enforcement.
Pros
Good chance for edvancement
Cons
contracts are on limited time.
I liked working for this company.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Tupman CaJuly 3, 2016
Typical swing is busy from 3pm-8pm. Management is low because no one comes out to see you working. I maintain my work as if my manager is on site. What I learn is that safety is a big part of knowing your chemicals and where you should go when there is a chemical spill, or help patrol the emergency vehicles and directing traffic as needed. I work on my own every shift. There is a lot of favoritism of certain people to work the shifts they request and when days needed to be request off coworkers that did not matter would not receive that day off. So I would cover for my co-workers.
Andrews international
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CADecember 27, 2016
Great job to work for. Duties include patrolling business property, communicate with property manager in regard to store front settings, and write daily activity reports.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Difficult to move ahead in the company
A professional organization that promotes growth from within.
Training & Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 9, 2016
A typical day would consist of meeting with the client to discuss the previous days events and set goals / agendas for the day. The position I held as the Training & Compliance Manager was rewarding because I was responsible for developing the staff (both new and veteran officers) so they could achieve excellence in customer service and security techniques.

As part of the management team, it was important to remain consistent and treat everyone with respect. The operation is at its best by maintaining structure and setting goals for others to obtain.

The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the constantly changing demands of the client while dealing with the multiple personalities of the team under my scope of management.

The best part is the people I worked with everyday. I have the utmost respect for the team under my scope of operations and they have contributed greatly to my success
Pros
A professional company that offers rooms for advancement.
Cons
Acceptance for creative thinking / ideas sometimes lacks.
Good experience for learning many diverse posts
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CANovember 22, 2015
A typical day depended on what post was worked and what shift. I learned better public assistance skills and how to be more tolerant of a wide variety of people on a daily basis. Management was only fair-lots of favoritism and nepotism. My co-workers were interesting. A lot of different personality types and age groups. The hardest part of the job was never receiving acknowledge from management about doing a good job. The only time management paid attention was if an employee did something wrong or displeased/angered the customer (the County of Ventura). This company and contract never gave merit or cost of living increases in salary. I really enjoyed working shoulder to shoulder with the Ventura County Sheriffs Department.
Pros
Variety of posts and locations
Cons
No pay increases, lack of support from management, politics in management, nepotism, expensive benefits
Progressive environment with a group of professionals.
On Site Coordinator-Security Detail (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CANovember 29, 2016
Andrews International is a really good company to work for. They are one of the companies that's at the forefront of the Security world. The Client that employs Andrews International in Manhattan Beach provides all of it's employee's. Working with them is a really fun and exciting.
Pros
Good food from all of the Food Truck's that come on the lot. Working in guest services with Talent, Showrunner's and Producers.
Cons
The only con's can be with scheduling.
Strong team work and flexible schedules.
Human Resources Manager/HR Lead South East Region (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2016
Filling many roles.
Mananging employees in several states.
Management was very suppotive.
Colleagues were hard workig but needed more people.
Hardest part of the job was starting up new loctions without enough staff.
Most enjoyable was telecommuting.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Small staff
Good people friendly environment
Payroll Specialist and Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 18, 2016
Its a 8 hour a day position and you drive around and make sure everything is secure in the buildings. The management was friendly and helpful, always there to answer questions. Most enjoyable part was meeting new people on a daily basis.
Pros
good pay and friendly co-workers
Cons
non stable positions
Great Management Team
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 30, 2016
I love my superiors! Great people and always understanding. My coworkers are great as well and help make the day go by without stress. The hardest part of the job is the turn over due to contractual wages being low for security officers.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the people i answer to.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
pay, but it is contract security
I have had an exemplary experience developing an Emergency Response Tactical Team from the ground up.
Captain, Emergency Response Tactical Team (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VirginiaJuly 30, 2015
My biggest daily challenges are associated with corporate management. The armed security industry is an antiquated culture of skills, tactics, and expectations. Fortunately, with the support of project management and the government client representatives, I have had an amazing time elevating the resources, skills, and capabilities of a specially selected and trained group of individuals. I have enjoyed being a part of something that has raised the industry standard beyond reproach.
Pros
40 hour work week
Cons
Wearing PPE (50+ lbs) for periods of 8 hours a day.
The clients were vary open to suggestions but management always changed the requirements and did not tell the client. This made management look good.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2016
I went around in the middle of the night checking buildings. My co-workers and field supervisors were great. We worked together. Management in the office were constantly changing the requirements and making them tighter. I asked some of the clients if these changes were necessary. No. I enjoyed the clients, they treated us well and gave us feed back of how we were doing, good or bad. That made our performance better. The contract had the requirements laid down vary well. The tighter the requirements were the less they were totally completed because of time restraints.
Pros
Clients
Boring post
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 7, 2016
Basically I've been a security officer for the past 11 years. And it's always fun and boring sometimes. The only advantage of working my grave shift is my boos and I get a three day weekend. So it's a cool situation but I'm looking to move up in the world of dentistry.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
boring long night hours
Productive fast workplace
Security Supervisor, John Hancock Building Boston (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 29, 2016
productive fast workplace with a lot of people going in and out of the building, you have to be on your toes. There is always overtime every week if you are interested in picking the phone up when you get a call.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
management
Fun placed to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 12, 2016
My day involved escorting contractors through a structure, monitoring alarms systems. I learned how to be clear and concise when writing reports. My co-workers were friendly. Management was fair and efficient. The hardest part of my job was staying awake during long work shifts. The most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with client employees and visitors.
Employee
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Aiea, HIJune 21, 2016
Low pay, checks always wrong, not to many good sites. Management slow to respond or not at all! High turn over, people come and go.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Pay, no team work, management sucks!
Diverse job. Loved having people from different cultures and always learning something new day by day
ARMED GUARD SECURITY (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAFebruary 11, 2016
Dealt with the security of employees, management was professionally handled by my supervisors. This job was fun and entertaining. I enjoyed working with a diverse culture.
Pros
30 minute lunch was paid.
Cons
N/A

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Andrews International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9