Andrews Employee Reviews in United States

Fair
ENHANCED COMMUNITY COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 23, 2016
A typical work day is very busy and require the monitoring and crisis of an unknown amount of consumwrs. I have learned that helping the special needs population is amy gift and what I truly love to do. I did not agree with the management of the division I work in. I prefer a more professional environment. The most difficult part of the job is the lack of training I received for my position. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my consumers obtain a better way of life.
Pros
HEALTH INSURANCE, VACATION TIME, SICK TIME
Cons
INCONSISTANT TRAINING
Disaster Out-reach Worker
Crisis out-reach worker (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 21, 2016
We travel to disaster areas and do crisis intervention and coping assessments. Mainly see how consumers are doing after the disasters like the tornado and flooding.
Pros
travel pay and great support system
Cons
the grant will be done soon
Amazing work environment
Enhanced Community Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 2, 2016
The most amazing job I have ever had. The people are outstanding. The mission of the company is phenomenal and you cannot ask for better co-workers.
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
This was my favorite job, installing, servicing, troubleshooting and repairing generators for Home Depot.
Electrician - Installation (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 31, 2015
For Andrews, I installed one Generator per day and made my customers very happy. I catered to them in a way that none of the other Andrews employees could or would and took a lot of pride in my work and when it came time to service my generators, my customers would call and demand I and only I do the required service and maintenance.
CPA firm
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 22, 2015
Work/life balance is difficult
Pay is fair
Hard work and skill is not always rewarded
Travel can be exhausting
Vacation policy is good if you can find time to use it
fun workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  las vegasMay 7, 2015
A typical day at work was working around the hotel making sure every thing was secure. Pretty much observe and report.Over all it was a great place to work for and work around so many different types of guest.
Same company, Koehler & Passarelli, LLC
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILApril 21, 2015
Performed the same duties as Koehler & Passarelli, LLC. One of the partners left the firm and they changed their name. The duties were still the same but I wasn't assisting with the 401k yet or check scanning.
Pros
learning about the PCLaw accounting system
Cons
no advancement
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCMarch 12, 2015
I learn hoe to assemble satellite dishes together. Management was okay at times. How the working world can be a benefit to you. It was getting along with the manager.
I had a great experience working with the consumers.
HCS Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 29, 2014
I was fortunate to work with persons with mental health disabilities, to assess their needs, and to advocate for the consumer with outside agencies. The consumer at times might become frustrated, and I was effective in responding non judgementally. Co-workers furnished me with information I needed to perform my duties successfully. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the consumers, and to make sure all their needs were met. The hardest part was lack of sufficient training.
Pros
sweet, friendlly, and appreciative consumers
Cons
insufficient training.
good pay hard work
worker (Current Employee) –  dallasApril 27, 2014
Order selecting is a very productive physically demanding jib. One thing I didnt like since its competitive there was alot of jealousy even if it was their own fault they werent going fast enough. Alot of favoritism from the managers to the leadmans on certain co workers eventually affecting the performance of order pullers. Alot of bending down and repetitive lifting. The pay is good if you literally break your back and break more then 1 sweat. Uniforms are pretty cool and you get new ones often. Warehouse is the bottom at this company you get paid great but you work like a slave. They dont say but even the minimum required as a order selector isnt really good in their eyes , they want more. Benefits are alright but they dont cover you much thats as far as that goes. There is good chance of improvement there but like I said you have to earn it through blood and sweat.
Pros
cool uniforms, weekends off
Cons
hard labor, production based
Fast Paced Environment due to Short Staffing
Executive Administrator / Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMarch 14, 2014
There was no such thing as a typical work day for me as every day was a new challenge which I found very interesting. Working for a short staffed company over the last few years I was required to step into many positions as well as keeping up with my own which made me very valuable. I could perform all tasks necessary to expedite a project instead of only certain tasks which I found fulfilling as an employee. Management at The Andrews Group no longer exists as there are only a couple of employees left but during my early years with the company I was supervised by both the Vice President and the Vice President of Finance both teaching me so much about the industry and its processes. Coworkers years ago were wonderful. Employees worked together to accomplish tasks in a timely manner and I found the work environment at the company to be very pleasant. The hardest part of my job was having to deal with the decline of the company due to the recession. The most enjoyable part of the job was acquiring the knowledge necessary to work independently and effectively earning the trust and respect of my peers.
Pros
freedom and responsibility after 16+ years of employment
Cons
no recognition for years employed
Enjoyable Job
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 17, 2014
I enjoyed working at Allegiance. I left because I had a family emergency outside of Atlanta, Georgia.
Fast paced with excellent food
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, AROctober 30, 2013
I loved working here. I learned something new everyday. I would wash dishes and learn how to cook Cajun food. That was awesome, the people who worked there and owned the company were friendly and polite.
Productive/ most part enjoyable
Security Guard Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 21, 2013
Making sure rules were followed no exceptions.
Learning how to handle different situations that occurred.
Management for the most part okay.
Co-workers okay.
Rules changing on a daily bases.
Dealing with people and the different personalities.
horrible
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 22, 2013
wost place I have ever worked
didn't care about the employees only wanted the work done
Andrews, mcmeel & parker
ANDREWS, MCMEEL & PARKER (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 18, 2013
This company is now Andrews & McMeel Universal and is a worldwide firm. My key function was editing anything and everything I was given as well as preparing press releases for the Associated Press. As in many publishing firms, all co-workers were dedicated and talented people. Being low person on the totem pole and new, the hardest part of the job with proving myself, but it was also one of the best challenges.
Pros
always being given new opportunities to learn.
Cons
none really.
same it develop new skills,helping to clients and costumers is great !
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAOctober 26, 2012
Same all is likely the same at my first review in staffing. What more is the way i look at CCTV camera i observe a lot and reported a bad activity and put it behind bars with the helps of a police officer.
Pros
same own lunch
Cons
same nice break
Not my favorite job
CDL Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasOctober 10, 2012
Job and compensation isn't too bad but management is a joke they won't stick up for you even after two years of loyal service. They also make you do extra work that isn't in any way your job and you recieve no extra pay or recognition
Pros
decent pay for the job
Cons
management is a joke and wont stick up for you, extra work for same pay and no recognition
A place where everyone is Family!
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, COMay 22, 2012
I have been with this company for some time and no matter what they always have your back! Everyone is available to help you with even the biggest questions/problems. Management wants to see you grow because it will allow the company to grow. As a new salesman I was unsure of how to approach sales for my company, but after some stumbles and help I figured it out and sailed with flying colors!
As I said "a place where everyone is family!"... well this is literally true! The owner and three of his children started the company 25 years ago and all still work here. In this sense they all realize that things do come up in your life, and understand if you have something outside of work that needs to be taken care of. I am not scared of my boss like some people I know in other companies are. He is honest with me and trusts me. He guided me out of a few mistakes and showed me how I could have done something better. This has been one of the most wonderful places I could ever ask to work as a newly emerging person in the working world.
The hardest part of the job is finding the customers.... but it can also be enjoyable networking and meeting new people. The most enjoyable part of this job (for me at least) is designing layouts for warehouses and organizing how it will work. It is a puzzle that needs to be arranged, and if done properly will allow for maximum storage! I'm a bit of an organizer. And of course... I LOVE to negotiate and land the deal. That is one of the most satisfying feelings I've ever encountered! Great place to work!
Pros
laptop, cell phone, vehicle, great co-workers, potential for high earnings, rtp area (close to home)
Cons
can get dirty in warehouses, work/leads can be stagnent at times
rewarding and challenging work
Assistant (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 9, 2012
I found it very rewarding at the end of a job to see a house/apatrtment to look and feel like a home.
Pros
flexible schedual
Cons
hot in summer, and cold in winter.