Andy's Employee Reviews

Fun cafe envrionment
Hostess/ Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Calverton, MDMay 28, 2017
At Andy's I worked at the desk taking orders, ringing up customers, and occasionally serving them. I was responsible for keeping the account books up to date. I learned how to communicate with customers and work professionally with others. I as in charge of planning events such as family night, movie night, crab feast, and Greek night. These events were always a huge success and a great time for all. My time management and organizational skills were very useful while working at Andy's.
Pros
Free food, flexible schedule.
Cons
Low pay
Production (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 24, 2017
Very professional and treats employees fairly. Very detail oriented business. Recommend product, very good production and quality control. Great benefits.
great food
Server/Cook/Busser (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAMay 24, 2017
very family friendly, great place to go , co workers were always great to work with , owner was like family. really had to stay on top of cstumer service
Andys (Hwy 55)
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maysville, NCJanuary 5, 2017
Steady flow of people come through the diner making it a quick passed job. I learned how to interact with different people quickly. Also improved my ability to converse with strangers and try to make the visit to the diner as enjoyable as possible. The boss was a very hard working woman, stern yet approachable. The other co-workers were quite generous in helping to make sure that all aspects of work were covered throughout the day. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with the amount of people coming into the diner greeting them each with a smile and a warm welcome, while making sure each group of customers is being taken care of to a degree that I would expect my waiter to hold themselves to. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the satisfaction on each customers face after they had finished the visit with us in the diner.
Pros
half priced food
Cons
to many employees
informative
HELP ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2016
loved working this job the only complaint I have is it was an off the book job other than that it was fun productive. I learned more than I anticipated and had a great time being mentored.
Productive, Straightforward.
Car Washer / Custodian (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 11, 2016
Pretty simple, regardless what you're there to do.
Listen to the boss and all will go smoothly.
Not the ideal location for a shop but other than that it's all good.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Location of shop.
decent
Cook (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCApril 26, 2016
Good place to work for. Sure will learn how to cook if you didn't before, Great food there as well. Would go back if ever needed.
50s time zone restuarant
Head Server (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCDecember 22, 2015
Great job, great environment. Friendly place. More like a family environmental type job. You are likely to grab doors and greet each customer.
high energy and fun work enviornment
Server (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCNovember 19, 2015
loved working with Hwy55, formerly known as Andy's. very friendly place of work. Management treated its employees like family. the best part of the job was having a patron tell my manager I as their server made their dining experience wonderful and that they would be coming back simply due to the quality of my service. there was definitely a hierarchy and everyone knew their place. some days business was slow which allowed time to catch up on time consuming tasks. every day was different from the routine of serving guests to the hardcore behind the scenes cleaning. overall I enjoyed my time with Hwy55
Pros
free lunch & if i needed more hours it was not hard to get them
Cons
when business got slow you could get cut early from your shift
Food
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edenton, NCOctober 8, 2015
Great fun place to work with awesome food. I recommend this place to everyone. 50's style diner with amazing customer service!!
Fun place to work
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 27, 2015
I really enjoyed working with the customers. We had tasty food and the atmosphere was fun. The pay wasn't great, but that comes along with serving. Some days I would make a decent amount, and some days it wasn't worth the drive. Management was on the better scale. They were mostly understanding when you had to leave early or needed time off.
Pros
Good work/life balance, management
Cons
Low pay
Productive Job
Gutter Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 23, 2015
The owner is a great person to work for. I just don't have steady work form the company. Everyone is a pleasure to work with.
Decent workplace with friendly staff.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Locust, NCJune 17, 2015
Typical workday involved cooking, cleaning, and greeting customers as they came through the door. Average resteraunt experience, but the manager (who is also the owner) is a bit of a tool. He can be vulgar, but that wasn't my beef with him. He was just kinda lazy.

Other co-workers were cool though, some of them were self-centered, and there was plenty of drama. Their drama was the hardest part of the job. But the job was good. At the end of the day, we were all friends, sometimes we even all went bowling late at night after we closed.

Another downside, the kitchen was out in the open where the customers could see, so you had to be sure that you didn't mess up, or EVERYONE would see it. Like, don't even try to get away with scratching your nose without someone seeing.

Oh, and they'll call you on your days off, asking you to come in, or to cover for someone. If you're not leaving town for a vacation, it's a good idea to turn your phone off.

Average resteraunt, good food, but the resteraunt itself is average
Pros
Free food, friendly co-workers.
Cons
Lazy manager, broken fridge(most of the time), drama
productive work place where you can learn a lot.
Parts/Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXMay 19, 2015
A little stressful at times because of the need to finish the vehicles in a fast time, but other than that the management was great and for the most part the other employees were good.
Pros
You get to travel every now and then and you can get bonuses
Cons
You have to travel every now and then
A disgrace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Columbia, NCMarch 10, 2015
Manager was very rude and unkind. The place was very messy and un-sanitized. Overall, the tips were ok. Great experience.
A great experience.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMarch 8, 2015
Good place to work. Family and friends can enjoy their time over good food and fun.The food is great and have people keep coming back for more.
Not worth it
Waitress (Former Employee) –  KenansvilleJanuary 19, 2015
You get paid way less than you deserve
management normal is terrible
owner doesn't really care about employees
Andy's Cook
Seasonal Cook (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCDecember 23, 2014
I cook, cleaned, and prepped all the food I served to the customers. I also cleaned and prepped the equipment I used to cook the food with.
Very Productive
Wait-staff (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCNovember 21, 2014
At this job I learn how to be out spoken and actually talk to strangers and come out of my shy shell.
Pros
all employees were like family
Cons
the pay as a waitress
Fun
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 22, 2014
Working with the public.
Customers always right.
Positive attitude.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Andy's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4