Andy's Employee Reviews in United States

high energy and fun work enviornment
Server (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCNovember 19, 2015
loved working with Hwy55, formerly known as Andy's. very friendly place of work. Management treated its employees like family. the best part of the job was having a patron tell my manager I as their server made their dining experience wonderful and that they would be coming back simply due to the quality of my service. there was definitely a hierarchy and everyone knew their place. some days business was slow which allowed time to catch up on time consuming tasks. every day was different from the routine of serving guests to the hardcore behind the scenes cleaning. overall I enjoyed my time with Hwy55
Pros
free lunch & if i needed more hours it was not hard to get them
Cons
when business got slow you could get cut early from your shift
Fun place to work
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 27, 2015
I really enjoyed working with the customers. We had tasty food and the atmosphere was fun. The pay wasn't great, but that comes along with serving. Some days I would make a decent amount, and some days it wasn't worth the drive. Management was on the better scale. They were mostly understanding when you had to leave early or needed time off.
Pros
Good work/life balance, management
Cons
Low pay
informative
HELP ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2016
loved working this job the only complaint I have is it was an off the book job other than that it was fun productive. I learned more than I anticipated and had a great time being mentored.
decent
Cook (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCApril 26, 2016
Good place to work for. Sure will learn how to cook if you didn't before, Great food there as well. Would go back if ever needed.
50s time zone restuarant
Head Server (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCDecember 22, 2015
Great job, great environment. Friendly place. More like a family environmental type job. You are likely to grab doors and greet each customer.
productive work place where you can learn a lot.
Parts/Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXMay 19, 2015
A little stressful at times because of the need to finish the vehicles in a fast time, but other than that the management was great and for the most part the other employees were good.
Pros
You get to travel every now and then and you can get bonuses
Cons
You have to travel every now and then
Decent workplace with friendly staff.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Locust, NCJune 17, 2015
Typical workday involved cooking, cleaning, and greeting customers as they came through the door. Average resteraunt experience, but the manager (who is also the owner) is a bit of a tool. He can be vulgar, but that wasn't my beef with him. He was just kinda lazy.

Other co-workers were cool though, some of them were self-centered, and there was plenty of drama. Their drama was the hardest part of the job. But the job was good. At the end of the day, we were all friends, sometimes we even all went bowling late at night after we closed.

Another downside, the kitchen was out in the open where the customers could see, so you had to be sure that you didn't mess up, or EVERYONE would see it. Like, don't even try to get away with scratching your nose without someone seeing.

Oh, and they'll call you on your days off, asking you to come in, or to cover for someone. If you're not leaving town for a vacation, it's a good idea to turn your phone off.

Average resteraunt, good food, but the resteraunt itself is average
Pros
Free food, friendly co-workers.
Cons
Lazy manager, broken fridge(most of the time), drama
Food
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edenton, NCOctober 8, 2015
Great fun place to work with awesome food. I recommend this place to everyone. 50's style diner with amazing customer service!!
Customer-oriented environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Clayton, NCMarch 19, 2013
This company opens doors and brings menus to their customers. The experience is totally different from the normal fast food restaurant environment. I am involved in all aspects of the store from cooking the food to ringing the customer up at the register. All of the employees at my store work with confidence, teamwork, and a smile. The hardest part of the job is finding something to clean during the downtimes. The store is so clean we run out of chores at times. My most enjoyable part of the job is to see the look on a satisfied customers face when they taste the food I created.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no health benefits
Gained a lot of expereince
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vanceboro, NCMarch 27, 2013
A typical day at work was cooking fries and burgers for the most part and cleaning up by the end of the night.

I learn a lot of people skills, cashier skills and cook skills as well.

Management was pretty good, the manager did her job pretty well

Me and my co-workers got along just fine, they never griped about anything and neither did I, we all done our jobs

the hardest part of the job was taking out the trash...but then again that wasn't hard either

the most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying costumers
Productive Job
Gutter Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 23, 2015
The owner is a great person to work for. I just don't have steady work form the company. Everyone is a pleasure to work with.
Wonderful place to eat, horrendous place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCSeptember 26, 2012
I would not recommend that anyone work at this restaurant. While they take their cooking and service seriously, they treat employees with very little respect. A new trainee has one day to learn everything about his job, but after that he or she is expected to do it flawlessly every day. The issue is new employees get very few hours and thus have little time to practice. The manager here has much to learn when it comes to leadership. When an employee would "goof up," instead of giving him or her constructive criticism and fixing the issue, he would put the employee down and simply move him or her to another position in the kitchen and do the job himself. Communication was TERRIBLE here. There was one cork board with papers tacked to it in absolutely no order, and that was the only form of communication. The manager would ignore employees. The environment between employees is awful as well. Almost no one gets along. I learned how to work in a kitchen here, however I gained no experience on what it's like to work in a functional workplace. Lastly I know I can't mention the actual pay here, but I can assure you that it was well below minimum wage, which I am fairly certain is illegal.
Pros
food half price while working, good work eithic
Cons
terrible management, bad communication, horrible pay and hours
Great family restaurent
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 3, 2014
I opened the store got things ready and took care of customers, I learned how to make a child smile, management was great, my co-workers were fun and exciting, hardest part was cleaning a grill, everything was enjoyable.
Pros
great family fun and food
Cons
no healthcare
Not worth it
Waitress (Former Employee) –  KenansvilleJanuary 19, 2015
You get paid way less than you deserve
management normal is terrible
owner doesn't really care about employees
Great first job!
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Franklinton, NCSeptember 17, 2012
Andy's was great! The customers and staff were also great! The pay was not the best in the world since the resturaunt was not the busiest. Great opportunity for advancement though!
Pros
great staff, great hours.
Cons
pay.
well manered people
Cook Line/Server (Former Employee) –  Winfall, NCJuly 9, 2013
Work was kind of hard because our management wasn't the best. I enjoyed working there but i just think there are better jobs out there then to be stressed
Pros
food was free
Great hours and money
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Stedman, NCMarch 21, 2012
I was working great hours and making great money but there was lack of promotion, just another dead end job
Pros
great money
Cons
lack of promotion
Productive, fun and a great place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 17, 2013
There really isn't a typical work day. Some days we're slow and some days we're fast. It just all depends on the day of the week. I love working with my co-workers. They are extremely easy to get along with and they are friendly. The manager is also a great person. Since this is my first time working in a restaurant I've learned just about the basics. How to write the abbreviations for the food and how to assist guest on questions they have about the menu.
A great experience.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMarch 8, 2015
Good place to work. Family and friends can enjoy their time over good food and fun.The food is great and have people keep coming back for more.
A disgrace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Columbia, NCMarch 10, 2015
Manager was very rude and unkind. The place was very messy and un-sanitized. Overall, the tips were ok. Great experience.

2.4