Research Engineer I
The Research Engineer 1 will report to the Research Scientist or Engineer. They will be responsible to operate laboratory scale reactor systems to improve product yields, and collect the data that will be necessary for the design of the pilot plant and subsequent commercial plants.
The Company has identified a new location where the permanent laboratory will be established in Pearl River NY and where this position will be situated.
The Research Engineer 1 will assist the senior scientists and engineers in assembling and operating the laboratory reactor systems to produce aromatic chemicals from ground biomass and purify the products for use in making green plastics and other products.
- Ability to develop and to accurately follow operating procedures, analytical protocols and accurate data collection and documentation is required.
- Computer skills and the operation of laboratory analytical equipment such as gas chromatographs including calibration, and routine maintenance will be required.
- Ability to handle 50 pound containers of biomass and equipment is required. Mechanical aptitude and the ability to modify equipment are also required.
- The Research Engineer should also be capable of performing maintenance and minor modifications of the equipment.
- Applicants will have experience safely working in a chemical laboratory environment.
- A degree in Chemical Engineering is required. May 2013 Graduates are encouraged to apply.
Indeed - 9 months ago
Founded in 2008 by Prof. George Huber and David Sudolsky, Anellotech has developed a clean technology platform for inexpensively producing...