Angelica Corporation Employee Reviews

Angelica is the industry leader in linen management and operates as such.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 20, 2015
Angelica's dedication goes beyond customer satisfaction, but strives for customer loyalty. Upper management and forward thinkers in the company support this endeavor.
Neutral
Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 11, 2015
Remaining neutral and objective. Will not say pros or cons. Create your own opinion. Everyone's experience is different from another's.
Always is work, work. Little or no break. They demand a lot and pay little money
(Joe Lopez) Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Safety Harbor, FLFebruary 13, 2015
Peers are good, but the bosses just perfect work already require precise time. Which my mind was very tired and my hands too
Pros
i buy my lunch 15 minuts
Cons
short breaks 15 minuts in the morning and 15 afternoon
Service Manager/Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston txJanuary 22, 2015
Very friendly company. Change of upper management ideas cost many to be let go.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
managment change
Productive and team work enviroment
Industrial Laundry Operator (Current Employee) –  Safety Harbour, LFJanuary 19, 2015
It is a good place to work but it lacks of career grow opportunities. Overtime is offered almost every week. The staff is friendly and the work environment is safe. There is a good benefit package. A typical day consist of completing the washing and drying of laundry from several hospitals in the Tampa Bay area.
Ok place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Somerville MaApril 4, 2014
Overall is a good company, but the company struggles to find a single direction to become more effective and profitable.
Good job for experience with factory work
Cleanside Worker (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 26, 2013
I have high regards for Angelica management but some of the conditions and culture were things that I was not fond of. Typical day was 7am until the job was done. You could stop working as early as 1pm on Saturday's or as late as 9pm of Friday's. Workload dependent on the number of orders. Co-workers were knowledable in teaching me life lessons on the job since I was the youngest by far. Hardest part of the job was working on a machine that recorded your production but were always messed up. Supervisors did not care what the reason for percentage drops were, they only cared about percentages PERIOD. I enjoyed my time their because I built relationships and learned life lessons. Not a job that I planned on staying at for long but once scheduling conflicts arose, I had no choice but to leave the company.
Pros
plenty of breaks
Cons
humid conditions, scheduling conflicts
not a bad place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 4, 2013
good people lots of things to learn. fast pace for the most part very good place to be
Pros
good people
Cons
rather not say
Great Corporation
Customer Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 6, 2013
Great Company
Great Co-workers
Good Management
Room to move-up and grow
Pros
long term employees
Cons
restruckture every couple of years
break room
Lead Onsite Linen Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 2, 2013
Responsible for the day-to-day operation and activities for the Laundry Department. Linen and Laundry Services provided for many local area hospitals, services which included monitoring linen deliveries, exchanging linen carts, and preparing orders.
Manage administrative and customer service responsibilities of Laundry Department, including answering phone calls, responding to emails and other computer work.
Keep supervisor informed of any problems hindering the normal departmental operations. Assisting shift manager in one or more departments, establishing schedules, meeting production standards in a fast-paced laundry processing environment.
Training new hire associates in maintaining a safe working environment and ensuring safety guidelines are being followed. Ensure proper use of office machinery and equipment (forklifts, tools and computers, etc).
Keep staff informed of their work environment and physical demands, when working to ensure that all are following safety measures when loaded and unloading delivery trucks, safety belts are being utilized when moving or hauling heavy loads, boots and gloves are within safety. Physical Demands such as constant standing and walking. Frequent lifting and handling of material, proper moving carts, with weight up to 500-1000 pounds
Pros
i like my employees i work with
Cons
moving carts around all day
Cash accounting/banking on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
Cash Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 4, 2013
Angelica was a company that was experiencing a re-organization with the arrival of a new CEO and CFO.
Cons
20% of their accounting dept. was eliminated.
I highly recommend NOT working for Angelica
Production (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 12, 2012
Angelica, Henderson, NV one of the worst plants and/or organization to work for. Unorganized, unethical with no accountability from Corporate to Plant Operations. Management has no respect for hard working and loyal employees. The culture is to ONLY hire of Hispanic to take advantage of them and treat them unfairly. Constant turnover of personnel without regard of holding Plant Operations accountable for any responsibility for his Non-direct actions and lack of performance.
Cons
n/a
A struggling entity
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 2, 2012
Unfortunately, this enterprise was in the declining stages when I was hired in as Chief Engineer, at one of the 27 service centers (Textile Industry.)
Although we in Maintenance improved our Utility usage costs, house efficiency and other metrics; (and I had a rewarding relationship with the hourly Maint. personnel), other aspects of the operation were archaic at best. Sagging sales dictated reorganization in 2011 and many layoffs/job eliminations.
Pros
engineers are motivated and effective
Cons
unorganized from the top down in many ways.
Good company with good values
General Accountant (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 13, 2012
Angelica is a well developed company with good moral leadership.