Angelica Corporation Employee Reviews

My job environment
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 2, 2017
I love working as an industrial maintenance.It was a enjoing place to work at, the dificult part was whene there was no repleacment parts to do my job.
Pros
Free lunch every month
Cons
comunications was bad
N/a
Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 29, 2017
Management is horrible. Work/life balance is non existent. Several employee issues go unnoticed. Management wants "yes" people and not opinionated employees.
Professional, excellent employee trainings and compensations.
Customer Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CAAugust 4, 2017
having worked in the linen industry over 10+ years i was able to grow with this company and they immediately recognized my talents and advanced my position according. i absolutely love this past employer. I have only great things to say of my colleagues and management.
Pros
highly enjoyable
Cons
always on the road
Great
Human Resources Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 4, 2017
Productive and great learning tools in the benefits field

This company was recently sold June 2017 and many changes have occurred and many more change to come
Fair
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Gilroy, CAMay 29, 2017
Angelica is nice place to work. They are concerned about our safety, and we have daily safety meetings before our shift. One of the hardest things about working at Angelica is when its hot outside, its hotter inside the building. The one thing I enjoy about working at Angelica is that no day is ever the same, there is a new challenge everyday.
Angelica Corporation
Janitor/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2017
A typical day at work is, coming in a hour earlier cleaning all the restroom and emptying all the trash ban work before the first shift starts. I learned to operate all the machinery and equipment. The management is average but can use some improvement. The work culture is beautiful and very diverse and I love it. The hardest part of the job is getting all employees to work on the same level and page. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with so many difference culture and learning difference language.
Pros
30 minutes lunch
Cons
20 minutes break
warehouse laundry
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJanuary 24, 2017
This is a laundry warehouse lots of walking and you have to to phisically fit for the job.Pushing carts to different stations very hot enviorment and different jobs you do.
Pros
union
Cons
dont get raises for long time
Horrible place
Production Department (Former Employee) –  Batavia, NYJune 13, 2016
Poor management, lack of communication and training, lie to your face, if you don't catch on within a day or two your getting talked to after they supposedly trained you, avoid this place it'll save you a headache anything is better than there
Descent job/money for 2nd Shift
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MANovember 24, 2015
I'm a second shift maintenance mechanic at the Somerville,MA plant.
A typical day at work you get the pass ons from 1st shift if any broken machines so you can fix them.If not you wait for something to break down(happens a lot).I've learned a lot so far.Very poor management ,NO communication at all.co-workers are ok.lots of new mechanics all the time.Hardest part of the job:1.pulling a tunnel jam I'm afraid I'm going to catch herpes/cholera etc...2:pulling jams in general from all the equipments.3:cleaning lint from all the dryers.the most fun part is being an all around tech with mechanical hydraulic electrical and pneumatical energies.when you get this job you better start talking bc everybody else talks.supervisors,managers and workers change all the time which is negative
Pros
in-house maintenance position-no travelling
Cons
workload.too many chiefs not enough indians
Angelica is the industry leader in linen management and operates as such.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 20, 2015
Angelica's dedication goes beyond customer satisfaction, but strives for customer loyalty. Upper management and forward thinkers in the company support this endeavor.
Neutral
Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 11, 2015
Remaining neutral and objective. Will not say pros or cons. Create your own opinion. Everyone's experience is different from another's.
Always is work, work. Little or no break. They demand a lot and pay little money
(Joe Lopez) Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Safety Harbor, FLFebruary 13, 2015
Peers are good, but the bosses just perfect work already require precise time. Which my mind was very tired and my hands too
Pros
I buy my lunch 15 minuts
Cons
short breaks 15 minuts in the morning and 15 afternoon
Service Manager/Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston txJanuary 22, 2015
Very friendly company. Change of upper management ideas cost many to be let go.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Managment Change
Productive and team work enviroment
Industrial Laundry Operator (Current Employee) –  Safety Harbour, LFJanuary 19, 2015
It is a good place to work but it lacks of career grow opportunities. Overtime is offered almost every week. The staff is friendly and the work environment is safe. There is a good benefit package. A typical day consist of completing the washing and drying of laundry from several hospitals in the Tampa Bay area.
Ok place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Somerville MaApril 4, 2014
Overall is a good company, but the company struggles to find a single direction to become more effective and profitable.
Good job for experience with factory work
Cleanside Worker (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 26, 2013
I have high regards for Angelica management but some of the conditions and culture were things that I was not fond of. Typical day was 7am until the job was done. You could stop working as early as 1pm on Saturday's or as late as 9pm of Friday's. Workload dependent on the number of orders. Co-workers were knowledable in teaching me life lessons on the job since I was the youngest by far. Hardest part of the job was working on a machine that recorded your production but were always messed up. Supervisors did not care what the reason for percentage drops were, they only cared about percentages PERIOD. I enjoyed my time their because I built relationships and learned life lessons. Not a job that I planned on staying at for long but once scheduling conflicts arose, I had no choice but to leave the company.
Pros
plenty of breaks
Cons
humid conditions, scheduling conflicts
not a bad place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 4, 2013
good people lots of things to learn. fast pace for the most part very good place to be
Pros
good people
Cons
rather not say
Great Corporation
Customer Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 6, 2013
Great Company
Great Co-workers
Good Management
Room to move-up and grow
Pros
Long term employees
Cons
Restruckture every couple of years
break room
Lead Onsite Linen Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 2, 2013
Responsible for the day-to-day operation and activities for the Laundry Department. Linen and Laundry Services provided for many local area hospitals, services which included monitoring linen deliveries, exchanging linen carts, and preparing orders.
Manage administrative and customer service responsibilities of Laundry Department, including answering phone calls, responding to emails and other computer work.
Keep supervisor informed of any problems hindering the normal departmental operations. Assisting shift manager in one or more departments, establishing schedules, meeting production standards in a fast-paced laundry processing environment.
Training new hire associates in maintaining a safe working environment and ensuring safety guidelines are being followed. Ensure proper use of office machinery and equipment (forklifts, tools and computers, etc).
Keep staff informed of their work environment and physical demands, when working to ensure that all are following safety measures when loaded and unloading delivery trucks, safety belts are being utilized when moving or hauling heavy loads, boots and gloves are within safety. Physical Demands such as constant standing and walking. Frequent lifting and handling of material, proper moving carts, with weight up to 500-1000 pounds
Pros
I like my employees I work with
Cons
moving carts around all day
Cash accounting/banking on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
Cash Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 4, 2013
Angelica was a company that was experiencing a re-organization with the arrival of a new CEO and CFO.
Cons
20% of their accounting dept. was eliminated.