Angelica Employee Reviews

Soil Sorter (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GASeptember 19, 2016
All you have to do is show up. It's a good place to work just have to show up bosses and management is ok and the people you work with are pretty nice too
Pros
Good benefits decent hours
Cons
Never knowing when you're going to get off
productive
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 27, 2016
This place is very exciting place to be employed at if you're willing to accept customers, because you're dealing customers from different backgrounds and different cultures.
great work environment
Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 14, 2016
Working for angelica was a very nice experience. Management was awesome and great hard working team playing coworkers, always willing to help. Good family oriented culture
Dont do it
Soil Sorter (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 28, 2016
They sucked very unorganized. Long hours. The union even sucked. Worked hard to get no where. Get to 9 months and u stuck at the same pay rate as long as you are working there. Its just a job to get quick money.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Work like a slave
hours were good
soil sort worker (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 31, 2016
a typical day at work would consist of sorting through soiled linen or running clean linen through a dryer type machine. my co workers were ok but the managers were fine as well. the hardest part of my job was getting enough rest during my breaks but other then that not that bad and the most enjoyable part of my day was when I was clocking out.
What a joke
driver (Former Employee) –  Fresno,CaJune 12, 2015
If you want to work in an environment where there is no chance of advancement, cronyism, no management, unsafe vehicles/trailers, willingness to break DOT regulations, poor employee relations, not enough employees, more concerned for the profit margin than the customer or the employee, meetings that will result in no change, no back up equipment or vehicles being available even when needing repair etc. Hard work, no recognition for your efforts Then this is the right job for you Don't even think about this company
Pros
paid every week
Cons
pretty much everything else
ok place to work
worker (Former Employee) –  Batavia, NYMarch 14, 2016
learned new thing to work with like press iron hanging linens bags loading carts to be shiped sorting the and bagging the linens to be sent to the washed
Poor Management
Load Builder (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 12, 2015
No consistency in management. Long days due to poor management and lack of consistency among supervisors, which results in low moral
horrible work place
washer/dryer (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 30, 2015
I would say that my work environment was very disappointing.
in side the job is over 105 degrees! the management is very poor and the communication was very low. no one knew which way to turn what to do nor how to come about anything because our supervisors didn't even know there self. there was nothing enjoyable about this job!
Pros
free lunch break
Cons
short break, horrible work enveriment, bad management
Please, look elsewhere for a career
accounts (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GeorgiaNovember 15, 2014
This is the most unprofessional group of people I've ever worked with. Upper management is blatantly prejudiced. Instead of training new employees, they sit you down in your cube, show you to log in, and tell you get to work, but come see me if you have any questions. If You make Any SORT of mistakes, you will get threatened with suspensions or termination, but only if they don't like you. They don't pay well at all. Customers are always calling with complaints about quality and poor customer service. Management is very set in their ways, with a "we've always done things this way" mentality. You're hardly allowed to get up and go the restroom without complaints. If you do start working @ angelica, you will quickly regret it. Save your self the trouble and look elsewhere.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
literally every thing else.
terrible communication and very very poorly managed
operations (Current Employee) –  Memphis,TNMarch 22, 2013
This company does not care at all about there employees you go to work have no idea what time youre getting off !!!! My off days and work hours have changed 3 times and ive only been there 6 months !! You work in horrible conditions !! The fire alarm went off and we didnt know what to do so everybody just ran we didnt know any of the emergency exits ! The managers talk very crazy to uo cussing etc.!! I have witnessed alot of the employees highly intoxicated several times its just over all been one of the absolute WORSE jobs ive ever had !! When i went for my interview i was told about all the opportunites with the company and,i havent seen any at all !
Pros
you get paid every week
Cons
your check is wrong all the time, you work 12 hours a day in hot conditions and cant go to the restroom, they need better management
A fast paced industrial laundry that allowed me to obtain skills that can't be learned in a text book.
Production/Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAAugust 13, 2012
Starting off with a brief safety meeting at start up to remind all production employees to be aware & responsible for their work area to stay safe & productive. It was a fast-paced union shop that consisted of 2 shifts with approx. 120 FTE's per shift spread over 2-4 supervisors. I was directly responsible for 100 FTE's in my immediate department consisting of 1st & 2nd shift people. It was fun, exciting, and educational.
Pros
it had all the benefits.
Cons
some corporate changes led to some schedule changes that changed my life.
Not agrat place to work
Soil sort worker (Former Employee) –  RockmartJuly 22, 2013
I just got fired from them they are poorly managed,they work you from sun up to sun down they give you only a couple of weeks to learn to unload carts, staff is un helpful and there is no team work there is however back stabbers who make the job hard for you I just left with a busted shoulder and was toldi wasnt making production they dont regonize the hard effort you put on the line my advise stay away from there bad place to work turn over in staff tells you that they always got openings so what does that tell you stay away..Not a great place to work
Pros
pays every week
Cons
short breaks
Working with customers/Unform Laundry Service
Customer service/Uniform Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 2, 2013
very busy the company it self was not doing a good job with employee laundry sent employees uniforms out to be exchanged for new ones or to be laundered they would be lost or new uniforms would not be received in a timely manner which made employees at the insitution i worked for very angry with us which made for a very hostile enviornment to work for. my coworker my manger frequently was late or did not callin or showup at all and was very combative at times.
Cons
untrustworthy management
Not the best
Flat Iron Linen Worker (Current Employee) –  Gilroy, CAMay 13, 2015
Company that doesn't appreciate the workers, don't give good salaries, not a good management, over all I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.
Amazing
Linen Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAApril 7, 2015
Really amazing company to work for. Only left because family wanted to move. I advanced and went far with the company. Would love to come back
Pros
Great Job advancement
Ok place to work
Scanning Operator (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAMay 19, 2015
I like the fact that we would get paid each week
I like that you could get all of the overtime that you wanted
I like that the job was close to my home

I didn't like the mangement
I didn't like the supervisors
I didn't like the work enviorment
Pros
close to home, paid every week, a lot of overtime
Cons
Work staff, enviroment, mangement
My days as a housekeeper
House Keeping/Stock (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 18, 2012
I had learn so much things in very little time working as a housekeeper.To make beds flawless in less than 5 minutes, sanitizing the bath room and leave it spotless, having the kitchen and living room looking untouch but fresh. Replacing the towels and making design out of them and leaving the room looking brand new with an 1 hr. l learn the many varieties of chemical to use and how to fold sheet, quilts and towel wrinkle free. Timimg was the only hard part to make, because there would be quest ready to be come in and would need a room ready in any moment and housekeeping would have to move with quick pace but steady hands. The most enjoyable part of housekeeping is a job well done.
Pros
cleaning and organizing the right way
Cons
short timing
Great intentions, but need continous improvements
Garment Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 10, 2013
This occupation is vital in the medical industry. However, there must be great improvements for this arena to be successful.
Cons
no work/life balance
ping pong no respect for each other
production (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 15, 2012
very unhappy going in to this place.and i was a very hard worker know the whole plant and worked long hours

2.8