Angelo State University Employee Reviews

The job experience is as valuable as the degree
Lead Field Services Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 11, 2017
Student worker position
Competitive wages
Fun work that is different every day
Works around school moreso than any other part time job
Friendly management
Decent advancement opportunities
Great coworkers
Great experience
Autonomy
Pros
Invaluable experience
Lovely Campus with Friendly People
Computer Science Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 9, 2017
I worked as a student tutor at Angelo State for over a year. The staff and professors were always friendly and helpful. Everyone was always genuinely happy to talk and help out. Amazing atmosphere!
Great place to work while getting an education
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 19, 2017
As a student assistant it was very helpful in my studies because I was able to study and get homework done while getting the job done. Great environment, great employers.
Pros
Study/get homework done while on the job
Cons
Only a certain amount they can pay student assistants
A great place to work, as long as you don't contradict anyone
Graduate Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 19, 2017
I really enjoyed my time working at ASU, and worked with many different people. I got along well with most of the faculty and staff, and for the most part, people were very friendly and helpful. As long as you are willing to do what supervisors ask of you 100% without questioning anything, you should be fine. However, if you make waves or disagree with how things are being handled, you won't have a job for long.
Decent place to work
ATHLETIC TRAINER (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 19, 2017
Angelo State University is a good place to work. The student population is very diverse and friendly. The full time staff are also enjoyable and most willing to help anytime.
Excellent Place to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 9, 2017
This is one of those long term jobs. I absolutely enjoyed walking into work. Even though I knew I had a lot on my plate, I felt satisfied knowing I was there to help future Nursing Students accomplish their dreams.
Benefits
Cons
Na
Ambiente de trabajo duro pero con personal amable y con ayudas y cafe gratis
Auxiliar de biblioteca (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, Texas, USAJune 5, 2017
Como he trabajado en trabajos como auxiliar de biblioteca o auxiliar estudiantil no tenia oportunidades de crecer en el trabajo. Sin embargo, el ambiente siempre fue muy positivo y aunque a veces el trabajo fue duro siempre te apoyan.
Flexible and comfortable workplace
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 22, 2017
My employers are approachable and friendly. They work with my schedule. I have improved my customer service skills a lot. I have acquired more experiences working in office. I am well-trained to do my work. Through my jobs, I have learnt what my strengths and weaknesses are.
Ok
Financial Aid Student Worker (Former Employee) –  San Angelo Junction, TXMay 16, 2017
I have no interest to go into Financial Aid but they were hiring. The management is horrible and they will forget that you are a student and that needs to be your main focus.
Very chill, flexible with school schedule, good to their student workers
Student Assistant I (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 8, 2017
Tighten up desk at arrival, update reservation list from phone calls, emails, etc from customers. Do faces upon request. Ability to study during slow times.
A lot of favortism towards certain professors and other people
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 14, 2017
theres a lot of do as i say not as i do with the company. Professors who are favored get lots of wiggle room to bend rules as well as tenured personnel treat student workers like trash at times.
The job itself is great, but supervisors are awful
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 19, 2017
I loved working with the students and creating programs. However, several Area Coordinators and the Housing Director would be inappropriate as well as not understand the distinct line between professional and personal relationships. I understand living where you work can be complicated at times, but there is really no excuse for the way housing would get into people's personal lives.
If you can make it clear that you want strict professional relationships and just try to interact with the supervisors minimally, then it could be a very enjoyable experience.
Great Work Study Jobs
Ram Page Photographer and Photo Editor (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 13, 2017
I loved working for ASU. I worked with the Ram Page, Communications and Marketing, and for the Department of Management and Marketing. I learned so much from these jobs and I am thankful for work study jobs.
Great place to learn and work
Teaching Assistant/ Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 28, 2016
As a Graduate Assistant and Graduate Research Assistant I was able to learn and mold key career ambitions all while getting my Masters. Great leaders to work with and always available for help and mentorship.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
not the best pay
This job was great. I was supported and encouraged along the way.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 14, 2016
I loved this job. The professors that I worked with were very helpful and supportive. They provided good feedback and ensured that my lectures were effective.
Great Place for students to earn experience in their field
Graduate Assistant/Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 19, 2016
They Offer plenty of work. And the work environment is great. Your free to be yourself and creative. Their is a job for every body here.
ASU employment is great
Orientation Leader (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 24, 2016
I love working for Angelo State. The benefits are great and my peers are amazing. If it weren't just a summer job then I would continue to work in this job. However I will continue to work his job again and again every summer
Good job while going to school
Student Assistant - Department of English (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJune 12, 2016
I worked in the English department while I was finishing up college. It was a good little job to have. You can study and do homework after you got what you needed done. It worked out really nice.
Pros
Good job while going to school
Cons
Didn't pay that much
Great Experience
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 22, 2016
I had a great time working here, honestly one of the best experiences I've had in my life. The job is very fulfilling. Contrary to popular belief, this job isn't easy money. It actually involves lots of hours and effort and passion.
Good job
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 7, 2016
A way to be involved around the school. When the school year ends, you are out of a job. Good training and management was good.