Angelo State University Employee Reviews in United States

Great Experience
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 22, 2016
I had a great time working here, honestly one of the best experiences I've had in my life. The job is very fulfilling. Contrary to popular belief, this job isn't easy money. It actually involves lots of hours and effort and passion.
Good job
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 7, 2016
A way to be involved around the school. When the school year ends, you are out of a job. Good training and management was good.
Great for educational experience.
Graduate Assistant and Writing Center Tutor (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 25, 2016
By far the best job I ever had. The only downside is that it's temporary and only available to currently enrolled ASU students. My bosses are incredibly welcoming and the job atmosphere is friendly and flexible.

Being a tutor allows me to gain experience in teaching, technical writing, interpersonal dealings, and management.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere, great pay
Cons
only part time, temporary
Ram Fam
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 29, 2016
When people utilize the expression "Ram Fam" its not just a simple game day saying it is actually what we are a family. This university is big enough to get to know different people every day but small enough where you could become as close as family. Ram Fam is used to encourage, support, and even friend students around campus. Its not just a saying its a way of living here at Angelo State University.
Pros
Size, Faculty, Staff, Opportunities.
Cons
Parking.
Happy Place to Work
Coordinator of Carr Scholarship Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Office of AdmissionsOctober 15, 2015
Angelo State's "Great Place to Work" recognition says it all. ASU takes care of their alumni and all strives to make the campus life best for students and employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Heavy travel
Great place!
Title V Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 25, 2015
Overall, a great place to work for. In fact, its rated one of the best places to work for by the Princeton Review. Great benefits, great salary, and many opportunities for advancement in your career.
Only con: it's public higher education, meaning that much of what you do and/or your job security will entirely depend on politics within the Legislature. The governing board is also appointed by the governor--whether you like him/her or not.
Awesome job for a student worker.
A/V Technician (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 4, 2015
The job was fun, I learned a lot, talked to many different clients about what needed to be done according to their specific needs. My co-workers were great, we all had common interests and would get together outside of the job on many occasions. The hardest part of the job is a client wanting something done that isn't part of our job description, but we had ways of getting it done through management and others. The best part of the job was interacting with other on campus students while on the job.
Pros
Paid lunches, co-workers, relaxed envirnment, out-going management.
Cons
Less then 20 hours a week, had to skip dinner on late night events, uniform.
Productive and Fun workplace, Educational
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 13, 2015
A typical day included harvesting livestock, fabricating meat, cleaning the meat lab, packaging and labeling meat products. I learned how to cut meat and what is involved within the meat fabricating processes. My co-workers were fellow students of ASU and were really fun to be around. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about the meat production process and working with fellow students.
Pros
Flexible with school schedule
Excellent Employer
Web Designer/IT Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 19, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my job as Web Designer and IT Tech Assistant. It was a great learning atmosphere as well as having great management.
Productive and fun
Refresh Technician (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMarch 24, 2015
Great people, great management. Best workplace I've ever been in. Learned about all subjects of IT. Worked well with school.
Supplemental Instruction Leader/ Tutor (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMarch 19, 2015
Best jobs on campus are at the Tutor Center! They work with your schedule while promoting academics. Its a very positive environment.
Great Hours
Tutor (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Tutoring at Angelo State University is a good job for students. Your hours are worked around your school schedule. You learn skills in helping others understand your favorite subject and how to deal with issues you may have never encountered before.
Low Stress Environment
Technical Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 3, 2014
While the core requirements of my position were easy to achieve there was room for me to explore other interests within the Information Technology field. I was able to learn different techniques for design, development, and deployment of software.
Pros
low stress
Cons
low compensation
Fun work place like a second family
Admissions Office Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 20, 2014
A typical day consists of answer phones when needed, scanning in high school and transfer work, entering in new student information, getting mail together and picking up the mail, taking letter to the presidents office, making phone calls for students who have missing documents. Learned patience and how to work with people who may no be as computer literate as you are, and how to identify strengths and weakness and more about the school as a whole.Everyone is so friendly its truly a second family you never feel like an outsider.The only hard thing would be when something was broken and you would have to do it manually, ex: mail machine is broke and you have to stuff 700+ letters by hand.
Small classes = maximum learning
GIS Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vincent Nursing BuildingJuly 16, 2014
Professors are very nice and always available to help! Students are great.
Busy
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJune 19, 2014
It was a busy environment. Students were constantly coming in to make an appointment and see the head of the department about issues they had at Angelo State.
Productive and fun
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 30, 2014
Fun, energetic atmosphere. Loved the people I worked with.
fun job and being a student
Weight Room Manager (Former Employee) –  san angelo texasMarch 2, 2014
went to school, Kinesiology, enjoyable working with all students.
Pros
love classess
Cons
study
Productive and fun workplace
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tutor CenterJanuary 16, 2014
Working as a tutor was a great experience. You get to help peer students who are struggling in a subject that you know well. Being able to help them understand and get the material is the most rewarding part. When you peer students come back and say that they passed their test because of the study skills and help that you gave them you feel so accomplished. All my co-workers were smart students who worked hard to help those who need it. Overall its a great place to work.
Pros
very relaxing environment, fun, and productive
Perfect for a college student
Desktop and Network Technician (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 4, 2013
Working at ASU has been great because of the good and peaceful environment. Management is flexible when it comes to schedules because they understand we are students.
My co-workers are my friends and it makes the job easier and it helps through the communication process.

The desktop and Network Technician positions are fun at ASU and it has been a great experience. I have learnt many things about Cisco equipment including configuring switches, Access points, network cameras and many other machines.

4.5