Angelo State University Employee Reviews

Awesome job for a student worker.
A/V Technician (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Paid lunches, co-workers, relaxed envirnment, out-going management.
Cons: Less then 20 hours a week, had to skip dinner on late night events, uniform.
The job was fun, I learned a lot, talked to many different clients about what needed to be done according to their specific needs. My co-workers were great, we all had common interests and would get together outside of the job on many occasions. The hardest part of the job is a client wanting something done that isn't part of our job description, but we had ways of getting it done through management and others. The best part of the job was interacting with other on campus students while on the job.
Productive and Fun workplace, Educational
Student Worker (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Flexible with school schedule
A typical day included harvesting livestock, fabricating meat, cleaning the meat lab, packaging and labeling meat products. I learned how to cut meat and what is involved within the meat fabricating processes. My co-workers were fellow students of ASU and were really fun to be around. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about the meat production process and working with fellow students.
Excellent Employer
Web Designer/IT Tech Assistant (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXMay 19, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my job as Web Designer and IT Tech Assistant. It was a great learning atmosphere as well as having great management.
Productive and fun
Refresh Technician (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXMarch 24, 2015
Great people, great management. Best workplace I've ever been in. Learned about all subjects of IT. Worked well with school.
Supplemental Instruction Leader/ Tutor (Current Employee), San Angelo, TXMarch 19, 2015
Best jobs on campus are at the Tutor Center! They work with your schedule while promoting academics. Its a very positive environment.
Great Hours
Tutor (Current Employee), San Angelo, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Tutoring at Angelo State University is a good job for students. Your hours are worked around your school schedule. You learn skills in helping others understand your favorite subject and how to deal with issues you may have never encountered before.
Low Stress Environment
Technical Services Specialist (Current Employee), San Angelo, TXNovember 3, 2014
Pros: low stress
Cons: low compensation
While the core requirements of my position were easy to achieve there was room for me to explore other interests within the Information Technology field. I was able to learn different techniques for design, development, and deployment of software.
Fun work place like a second family
Admissions Office Student Assistant (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXAugust 20, 2014
A typical day consists of answer phones when needed, scanning in high school and transfer work, entering in new student information, getting mail together and picking up the mail, taking letter to the presidents office, making phone calls for students who have missing documents. Learned patience and how to work with people who may no be as computer literate as you are, and how to identify strengths and weakness and more about the school as a whole.Everyone is so friendly its truly a second family you never feel like an outsider.The only hard thing would be when something was broken and you would have to do it manually, ex: mail machine is broke and you have to stuff 700+ letters by hand.
Small classes = maximum learning
GIS Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Vincent Nursing BuildingJuly 16, 2014
Professors are very nice and always available to help! Students are great.
Busy
Office Assistant (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXJune 19, 2014
It was a busy environment. Students were constantly coming in to make an appointment and see the head of the department about issues they had at Angelo State.
Productive and fun
Student Assistant (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXApril 30, 2014
Fun, energetic atmosphere. Loved the people I worked with.
fun job and being a student
Weight Room Manager (Former Employee), san angelo texasMarch 2, 2014
Pros: love classess
Cons: study
went to school, Kinesiology, enjoyable working with all students.
Productive and fun workplace
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee), Tutor CenterJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: very relaxing environment, fun, and productive
Working as a tutor was a great experience. You get to help peer students who are struggling in a subject that you know well. Being able to help them understand and get the material is the most rewarding part. When you peer students come back and say that they passed their test because of the study skills and help that you gave them you feel so accomplished. All my co-workers were smart students who worked hard to help those who need it. Overall its a great place to work.
Energized Enviorment
STUDENT OF OPERATIONS (Current Employee), Houston Harte University CenterDecember 13, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: rates
Fun place to work, and with great people as well as with the best customers.
Perfect for a college student
Desktop and Network Technician (Current Employee), San Angelo, TXNovember 4, 2013
Working at ASU has been great because of the good and peaceful environment. Management is flexible when it comes to schedules because they understand we are students.
My co-workers are my friends and it makes the job easier and it helps through the communication process.

The desktop and Network Technician positions are fun at ASU and it has been a great experience. I have learnt many things about Cisco equipment including configuring switches, Access points, network cameras and many other machines.
i enjoyed working there
Evening Police Dispatcher (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXJuly 17, 2013
Pros: i was nice to be in an atmosphere of young people wanting to further their education
Cons: it was up-setting to find out that campus's aren't as safe as i had thought
I enjoyed working with the police officers and students. I met some very fine young people while there.
Poorly run...
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXJuly 10, 2013
Poorly run university. The management needs much improvement. The job was enjoyable though, but that is most likely due to only being an RA.
Fantastic Company
Ram TV Sales Internship (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXJuly 9, 2013
Great ownership and management. On-time and friendly staff. Good hours and pay.
Great Experience
Student Assistant (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXJuly 8, 2013
Pros: sports
Excellent university and athletic department. I worked in athletics in their sports information department and also worked most sports events.
Flexible hours
Acquisition Assistant (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXMarch 25, 2013
Recieve, invoice and order books. Helped create movie media source for library. Management was extremely helpful and understanding. No co-workers, and the hardest part would have to be the stationary ordering process. Sitting at a computer for hours. Most enjoyable would be processing books.