Angelo State University Employee Reviews

Great place to learn and work
Teaching Assistant/ Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 28, 2016
As a Graduate Assistant and Graduate Research Assistant I was able to learn and mold key career ambitions all while getting my Masters. Great leaders to work with and always available for help and mentorship.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
not the best pay
This job was great. I was supported and encouraged along the way.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 14, 2016
I loved this job. The professors that I worked with were very helpful and supportive. They provided good feedback and ensured that my lectures were effective.
ASU employment is great
Orientation Leader (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 24, 2016
I love working for Angelo State. The benefits are great and my peers are amazing. If it weren't just a summer job then I would continue to work in this job. However I will continue to work his job again and again every summer
Good job while going to school
Student Assistant - Department of English (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJune 12, 2016
I worked in the English department while I was finishing up college. It was a good little job to have. You can study and do homework after you got what you needed done. It worked out really nice.
Pros
Good job while going to school
Cons
Didn't pay that much
Great Place for students to earn experience in their field
Graduate Assistant/Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 19, 2016
They Offer plenty of work. And the work environment is great. Your free to be yourself and creative. Their is a job for every body here.
Great Experience
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 22, 2016
I had a great time working here, honestly one of the best experiences I've had in my life. The job is very fulfilling. Contrary to popular belief, this job isn't easy money. It actually involves lots of hours and effort and passion.
Great for educational experience.
Graduate Assistant and Writing Center Tutor (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 25, 2016
By far the best job I ever had. The only downside is that it's temporary and only available to currently enrolled ASU students. My bosses are incredibly welcoming and the job atmosphere is friendly and flexible.

Being a tutor allows me to gain experience in teaching, technical writing, interpersonal dealings, and management.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere, great pay
Cons
only part time, temporary
Ram Fam
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 29, 2016
When people utilize the expression "Ram Fam" its not just a simple game day saying it is actually what we are a family. This university is big enough to get to know different people every day but small enough where you could become as close as family. Ram Fam is used to encourage, support, and even friend students around campus. Its not just a saying its a way of living here at Angelo State University.
Pros
Size, Faculty, Staff, Opportunities.
Cons
Parking.
Good job
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 7, 2016
A way to be involved around the school. When the school year ends, you are out of a job. Good training and management was good.
Great place!
Title V Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 25, 2015
Overall, a great place to work for. In fact, its rated one of the best places to work for by the Princeton Review. Great benefits, great salary, and many opportunities for advancement in your career.
Only con: it's public higher education, meaning that much of what you do and/or your job security will entirely depend on politics within the Legislature. The governing board is also appointed by the governor--whether you like him/her or not.
Awesome job for a student worker.
A/V Technician (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 4, 2015
The job was fun, I learned a lot, talked to many different clients about what needed to be done according to their specific needs. My co-workers were great, we all had common interests and would get together outside of the job on many occasions. The hardest part of the job is a client wanting something done that isn't part of our job description, but we had ways of getting it done through management and others. The best part of the job was interacting with other on campus students while on the job.
Pros
Paid lunches, co-workers, relaxed envirnment, out-going management.
Cons
Less then 20 hours a week, had to skip dinner on late night events, uniform.
Productive and Fun workplace, Educational
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 13, 2015
A typical day included harvesting livestock, fabricating meat, cleaning the meat lab, packaging and labeling meat products. I learned how to cut meat and what is involved within the meat fabricating processes. My co-workers were fellow students of ASU and were really fun to be around. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about the meat production process and working with fellow students.
Pros
Flexible with school schedule
Happy Place to Work
Coordinator of Carr Scholarship Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Office of AdmissionsOctober 15, 2015
Angelo State's "Great Place to Work" recognition says it all. ASU takes care of their alumni and all strives to make the campus life best for students and employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Heavy travel
Fun work place like a second family
Admissions Office Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 20, 2014
A typical day consists of answer phones when needed, scanning in high school and transfer work, entering in new student information, getting mail together and picking up the mail, taking letter to the presidents office, making phone calls for students who have missing documents. Learned patience and how to work with people who may no be as computer literate as you are, and how to identify strengths and weakness and more about the school as a whole.Everyone is so friendly its truly a second family you never feel like an outsider.The only hard thing would be when something was broken and you would have to do it manually, ex: mail machine is broke and you have to stuff 700+ letters by hand.
Productive and fun workplace
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tutor CenterJanuary 16, 2014
Working as a tutor was a great experience. You get to help peer students who are struggling in a subject that you know well. Being able to help them understand and get the material is the most rewarding part. When you peer students come back and say that they passed their test because of the study skills and help that you gave them you feel so accomplished. All my co-workers were smart students who worked hard to help those who need it. Overall its a great place to work.
Pros
Very relaxing environment, fun, and productive
Perfect for a college student
Desktop and Network Technician (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 4, 2013
Working at ASU has been great because of the good and peaceful environment. Management is flexible when it comes to schedules because they understand we are students.
My co-workers are my friends and it makes the job easier and it helps through the communication process.

The desktop and Network Technician positions are fun at ASU and it has been a great experience. I have learnt many things about Cisco equipment including configuring switches, Access points, network cameras and many other machines.
Great place to work and great people to work with.
Server Technician (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMarch 18, 2012
All told, I have worked for ASU for 4 years and in that time I have held a variety of jobs for the Information Technology department ranging from a computer lab technician to a server technician/systems administrator. I have never felt more at home in a work environment than I have here. The people here are great and supervisors are easy to approach and talk to. I would highly recommend anyone with technical experience in the area to apply for employment with ASU's IT department.
Extremely prolific job to be employed at.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 10, 2012
Typical day at work was very busy. Steve & Barry's suffered bankruptcy, so my co-workers and I had to maintain the place for the time being. Everyday we had to restock clothing, clean, and do clothing mark downs. There was not anything hard about this job. I enjoyed being busy and always having a task to do. I learned to keep my focus and to not stop what I was doing unless the job was done, with the exception of a customer needing assistance. I also loved having new task to do whenever I completed one. Unfortunately it closed down in 2008.
Pros
flexible work hours, and friendly customers.
Cons
no air condition in the store so environment became very hot to work in.
Challenging work in an interesting environment
Resident Assistant Level I - III (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, txDecember 20, 2012
Most days are fairly standard with the student aspect but once done with classes you may have a program for your residents to do or be met with a stack of paperwork when you check in with the office. Sometimes middle of the night calls are short but you could be up for a few hours. You get to meet and work with many different types of people and you can make many lifelong friends.
Low Stress Environment
Technical Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 3, 2014
While the core requirements of my position were easy to achieve there was room for me to explore other interests within the Information Technology field. I was able to learn different techniques for design, development, and deployment of software.
Pros
Low Stress
Cons
Low Compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Angelo State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4