Angelo State University Employee Reviews

Ambiente de trabajo duro pero con personal amable y con ayudas y cafe gratis
Auxiliar de biblioteca (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, Texas, USAJune 5, 2017
Como he trabajado en trabajos como auxiliar de biblioteca o auxiliar estudiantil no tenia oportunidades de crecer en el trabajo. Sin embargo, el ambiente siempre fue muy positivo y aunque a veces el trabajo fue duro siempre te apoyan.
Flexible and comfortable workplace
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 22, 2017
My employers are approachable and friendly. They work with my schedule. I have improved my customer service skills a lot. I have acquired more experiences working in office. I am well-trained to do my work. Through my jobs, I have learnt what my strengths and weaknesses are.
Ok
Financial Aid Student Worker (Former Employee) –  San Angelo Junction, TXMay 16, 2017
I have no interest to go into Financial Aid but they were hiring. The management is horrible and they will forget that you are a student and that needs to be your main focus.
Very chill, flexible with school schedule, good to their student workers
Student Assistant I (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 8, 2017
Tighten up desk at arrival, update reservation list from phone calls, emails, etc from customers. Do faces upon request. Ability to study during slow times.
A lot of favortism towards certain professors and other people
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 14, 2017
theres a lot of do as i say not as i do with the company. Professors who are favored get lots of wiggle room to bend rules as well as tenured personnel treat student workers like trash at times.
The job itself is great, but supervisors are awful
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 19, 2017
I loved working with the students and creating programs. However, several Area Coordinators and the Housing Director would be inappropriate as well as not understand the distinct line between professional and personal relationships. I understand living where you work can be complicated at times, but there is really no excuse for the way housing would get into people's personal lives.
If you can make it clear that you want strict professional relationships and just try to interact with the supervisors minimally, then it could be a very enjoyable experience.
Great Work Study Jobs
Ram Page Photographer and Photo Editor (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 13, 2017
I loved working for ASU. I worked with the Ram Page, Communications and Marketing, and for the Department of Management and Marketing. I learned so much from these jobs and I am thankful for work study jobs.
Great place to learn and work
Teaching Assistant/ Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 28, 2016
As a Graduate Assistant and Graduate Research Assistant I was able to learn and mold key career ambitions all while getting my Masters. Great leaders to work with and always available for help and mentorship.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
not the best pay
This job was great. I was supported and encouraged along the way.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 14, 2016
I loved this job. The professors that I worked with were very helpful and supportive. They provided good feedback and ensured that my lectures were effective.
Great Place for students to earn experience in their field
Graduate Assistant/Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 19, 2016
They Offer plenty of work. And the work environment is great. Your free to be yourself and creative. Their is a job for every body here.
ASU employment is great
Orientation Leader (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 24, 2016
I love working for Angelo State. The benefits are great and my peers are amazing. If it weren't just a summer job then I would continue to work in this job. However I will continue to work his job again and again every summer
Good job while going to school
Student Assistant - Department of English (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJune 12, 2016
I worked in the English department while I was finishing up college. It was a good little job to have. You can study and do homework after you got what you needed done. It worked out really nice.
Pros
Good job while going to school
Cons
Didn't pay that much
Great Experience
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 22, 2016
I had a great time working here, honestly one of the best experiences I've had in my life. The job is very fulfilling. Contrary to popular belief, this job isn't easy money. It actually involves lots of hours and effort and passion.
Good job
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 7, 2016
A way to be involved around the school. When the school year ends, you are out of a job. Good training and management was good.
Great for educational experience.
Graduate Assistant and Writing Center Tutor (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 25, 2016
By far the best job I ever had. The only downside is that it's temporary and only available to currently enrolled ASU students. My bosses are incredibly welcoming and the job atmosphere is friendly and flexible.

Being a tutor allows me to gain experience in teaching, technical writing, interpersonal dealings, and management.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere, great pay
Cons
only part time, temporary
Ram Fam
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 29, 2016
When people utilize the expression "Ram Fam" its not just a simple game day saying it is actually what we are a family. This university is big enough to get to know different people every day but small enough where you could become as close as family. Ram Fam is used to encourage, support, and even friend students around campus. Its not just a saying its a way of living here at Angelo State University.
Pros
Size, Faculty, Staff, Opportunities.
Cons
Parking.
Happy Place to Work
Coordinator of Carr Scholarship Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Office of AdmissionsOctober 15, 2015
Angelo State's "Great Place to Work" recognition says it all. ASU takes care of their alumni and all strives to make the campus life best for students and employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Heavy travel
Great place!
Title V Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 25, 2015
Overall, a great place to work for. In fact, its rated one of the best places to work for by the Princeton Review. Great benefits, great salary, and many opportunities for advancement in your career.
Only con: it's public higher education, meaning that much of what you do and/or your job security will entirely depend on politics within the Legislature. The governing board is also appointed by the governor--whether you like him/her or not.
Awesome job for a student worker.
A/V Technician (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 4, 2015
The job was fun, I learned a lot, talked to many different clients about what needed to be done according to their specific needs. My co-workers were great, we all had common interests and would get together outside of the job on many occasions. The hardest part of the job is a client wanting something done that isn't part of our job description, but we had ways of getting it done through management and others. The best part of the job was interacting with other on campus students while on the job.
Pros
Paid lunches, co-workers, relaxed envirnment, out-going management.
Cons
Less then 20 hours a week, had to skip dinner on late night events, uniform.
Productive and Fun workplace, Educational
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 13, 2015
A typical day included harvesting livestock, fabricating meat, cleaning the meat lab, packaging and labeling meat products. I learned how to cut meat and what is involved within the meat fabricating processes. My co-workers were fellow students of ASU and were really fun to be around. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about the meat production process and working with fellow students.
Pros
Flexible with school schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Angelo State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4