ANGELS CARE HOME HEALTH Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible Management but great staff
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  AnywhereFebruary 16, 2016
Been with Angels for 1.5 years, the management is more than below subpar. As a person she is wonderful, but when it comes to managing a office, she is the worst I have had. One day she is your friend, all will work out, the next day she is almost unrecognizable as she totally different, your not doing a good enough job. Way to much paperwork to try and complete in the allotted time frames they say are adequate. I work from sun up to sundown, and sometimes until the wee hours of the morning. On call depends on the amount of nurses on staff, with is a whole new can of worms. Even when not on call you will work all weekend, every weekend just to try and catch up from the the week, if you have a family, kiss them goodbye. Staffing: very high turnover r/t inadequate training, many times less than 3 weeks, no support from branch manager, only concerned about their job, no effort for employee retention, no support to new employee, favoritism to certain staff members, on average you will work 70 hours per week, but only paid for 40. Has potential if management would be adjusted.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Hours, turnover, lack of support
Nothing to say
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  FLDecember 16, 2015
Nothing to say.......Angel's Home Care is not a paperless company. Staff won't last long due to high stress level. Need a lot more organization skill.
Chronic Mis-managment from the top down, out-of-touch corporate leaders
Registered Nurse, Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 15, 2015
I started with loads of excitement for this position and felt confident with the team and my immediate superiors. However, besides the pleasure of taking care of some challenging patients in their homes and forming special relationships, this organization is too volatile for true job satisfaction in an inherently difficult field with high staff turnover rates. Frankly, the corporate mission statement does not align with corporate practice and there is a severe lack of corporate transparency. The office staff here in Denver are amazing and even the direct managers here really demonstrated an interest in the success of field staff. But, the support from corporate is Never there. There is little to no structured orientation/training. The time off policy is not the best out there and there is a constant push from corporate for field clinicians to engage in marketing activities to increase their census. I was lucky to have some awesome experiences, a great Director of Nursing, and learned a ton. However, I saw two DONs and Admins leave during my 8 month stay, high staff turnover, and a general sense of dissatisfaction with policies and processes that are out of touch with the reality on the ground here in Denver.
Pros
salaries are on the higher end for the market
Cons
no corporate transparency or support, chronic mismanagement, feedback to corporate falls on deaf ears
9 out of 10
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXDecember 11, 2015
Nice people, nice hours. Nothing too fast paced, simple office work.
Management is pretty cool, corporate is kind of sketchy, but other than that pretty good place to work.
Awesome work enviroment
CHHA (Former Employee) –  Pryor, OKSeptember 27, 2015
I worked with the best group of nurses anyone could imagine. We were more like a family than co workers. It was always about our patients. Our patients were our number one concern always
Enjoyed working there
Data Entry/Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  AbileneAugust 31, 2015
Great job, loved everything I did, and enjoyed most the people I worked with. To much time without a manager and to much drama between nurses. loved the company and didn't want to leave.
Pros
Great people I worked with.
Cons
Need better Management
Support!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawton OkAugust 21, 2015
This is one of the best places to work. The staff is very supportive and open.
Work day you call your patients and schedule for the next day, then start seeing your patients for the day. Patients are generally lower income, and may not have what everyone considers necessary. The folks I worked with were supportive and really just the best at what they do. My manager was awesome and very supportive and always willing to help out.
This job has a lot of paper work with not enough time to complete it.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 15, 2015
This job requires a lot of driving to see patients. It has a lot of paper work that the work day does not always allow enough time to complete. I enjoyed the 1:1 time I got to spend with my patients. Management was inconstant and I believe this was a large part of the problems in the office.
Pros
1:1 time with pt and self scheduling
Cons
to much paper work and not enough time to complete it.
Challenging with room for advancment
Medical Billing (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXApril 14, 2015
Always willing to give me a duty to learn more and expand my knowledge on the company and about Home Health in general. Showed me what I can really be capable of.
Pros
work schedule, my own work space
Cons
no holiday pay
Great Staff
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 15, 2015
Great staff, Co-workers are always willing to assist one another. They provide great care to their patients. This is a great position for someone looking for a part time job that needs flexibility and does not worry about all the miles they put on their car.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
a lot of wear and tear on your vehicle and compensation for mileage is not sufficient.
Don't Waste Your Time
RN Case manger (Former Employee) –  Anywhere , USAJanuary 27, 2015
The turn over in management is worse i have seen. All paper with mixed expectations. Reinbursement is less than other HHC companies and the constant change in personnel says it all-read other reviews. There are better companies who appreciate employees time and work.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
all paper, turn over
Great structure
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, okJanuary 21, 2015
Great motivational structure. Angels goes the extra mile to make thier employees feel valued and appreciated.

The company invests in it's marketing and promotional items. Great company drive and focus, but the focus on the census often leads to disfunction and low morale.
Pros
great pay
Cons
micromanagement is the norm
This previous Review I read is right on the Money
RN/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TxJanuary 21, 2015
A typical day at work is about 5-7 patients. That may be one admission (SOC), with 2 recerts and 5 skilled nurse visits. Your points you are expected to satisfy is 25 with a max of 33. You will most likely exceed this as they don't seem to care as long as you can squeeze in all the patients and no missed visits. You will be expected to move them to Friday and then IF you still don't get them you can missed visit them. Management is currently efficient, effective and excited about her new job. She really wants to make it work at all costs. The hardest part of the job is they are not computerized it's all paper and it's drowning, overwhelming and tedious. A normal admit can take 3 hours minimum and a recert may take 2 hours minimum. The company focuses on the profits they make and not so much on what the patient actually needs. They push and push and push for you to complete your oasis with a they highest acuity and numbers to get the most from the insurance. The people specifically are wonderful the corporate policies and requirements... Greed. Staff is inconsequential... "a dime a dozen".
Pros
fantastic people
Cons
corporate very corporate...money over patient needs.
Fun work atmosphere
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 7, 2014
Hardest part of the job was meeting the unattainable quotas set for the account executives. No one in the Oklahoma City are has ever met the quotas they have set.
Very Negative
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln NEAugust 22, 2014
This company is about how much money you can bring them. They are not interested in their patients or their staff. It's very difficult to find a balance because as a nurse you love taking care of your patients and making a difference for them, but for the company it's never enough. The manager is not experienced, unhelpful, and unapproachable not to mention doesn't tell the truth. I have worked with Angels for 1.5 years. It is a office of 5 people, there has been a complete turnover in the office staff 3 times, that's 15 individuals through the revolving door. That about sums it up. Since February each nurse has put 15,000 miles on their car. It is a thankless job, if you like to feel used and abused and unappreciated this is the company to work for.
Cons
everything about this company is horrible
Good place to work in the Muskogee office.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKAugust 18, 2014
Excellent Administration. Too much turn over with Account executives in the field prior to my employment.
Productive work Place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 9, 2014
phones, filing, setting up new equipment, directing call to other offices
Not about patient care
Registered Nurse/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 7, 2014
Management was poor and unorganized, nurses are overworked and under appreciated. It is all about the money, not about the patients. Often had to travel to several different counties in one day, worked long hours, and they were always short-staffed. Turnover was the highest I have ever seen in a company. Staff treated poorly by management.
Pros
paid well, salary
Cons
unorganized and unappreciated
Poor Patient Service/BEWARE
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 30, 2014
Very high turnover in management, I had 2 within a year and the last one was replaced shortly after my dismissal. Management has no respect for employees whether you work hard or you don't. This company doesn't appreciate their employees and hires based on looks and not merit. They fire more than they hire and have no compassion for employees or customers. Service is poor, so sales people have to clean up their messes as well. They do not pay enough for that. You will lose admits from this and no one cares about it. If you love what you do and others do not, you will not be successful at Angels. The goals are hard to meet and not appropriate for the industry or location. The people they hire have no motivation other than to complain about everyone and everything. This company has no integrity and cannot be trusted.
Cons
everything
Enjoyed the position I held that I was able to serve others and give adaquate education to referral sources and the community.
Account Executive/ Marketer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXJanuary 20, 2014
Would call on 10-12 accounts a day and build strong relationships to care for home bound patients or residents. I leaned to make sure nothing falls through the cracks and follow up, always. I love working as a team and working together for a common goal, the patient always came first. The hardest part of my job was to know if a patient was unhappy or a referral source. I always confronted the problem and did my best to resolve the situation. The best part about my job is being hands on in the community with potential patients and meeting new people. I want to be a tool for the geriatric population to have a better quality of life.