Angels On Call Employee Reviews in United States

Great flexibility and the management is great.
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAJanuary 2, 2016
Love getting to know clients and forming a professional bond with wonderful people. I don't know what else to put, there's not very much responsibility which I guess is nice.
Pros
Compensation for driving
Cons
Sometimes they have you drive far distances
The best Place I've ever worked
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 4, 2015
This Job was the dream job. I mean I was very comfortable and understood. My boss was understanding and flexible as I was. Typical day was going to my clients home, where I would clean, cook meals, wash my client, do her hair, and bring her into the living room to watch her television shows. Give her whatever they requested. On certain days I would prepare client for dialysis, give clients meds. I had a huge responsibility and I handled it well. I loved working with my clients, each and every one of them moved into my heart and it was hard for me to leave. I had a co-worker that was just the most helpful ever and I miss that. We both helped each other as much as possible and the outcome was remarkable. The hardest part of the Job was losing patients due to their illnesses, and dx's.
Pros
In- Home relaxed and Comfy.
Cons
None really.
Best job I've had so far
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PANovember 12, 2015
I love this job the management is amazing. There's bonuses & gas pay. They work around your schedule & offer extra if you need it. I've gotten close to my clients & love doing in home care!
Pros
Bonuses, clients, management
Cons
Can't think of any
what you learned
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 9, 2015
I have learned to develop relationships with people from a diverse back ground as well as gain a better perspective on life and how to really care for an individual
loveable friendly
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  knoxville,tnOctober 5, 2015
i love caring for people and job is awesome but when people start passing away its to hard on me so i had to change careers. not good at handling people passing away once i get close to them ecspecially
its an ok place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Newport, PAAugust 28, 2015
they try to be accommodating but and sometimes are successful. They cut hours back frequently and don't pay enough for the travel that is required
Great Company to Work For
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Newport, PAJuly 10, 2015
On a typical day, I would visit my customers for a few hours. I worked during the evening. Each customer was different. Normally, I would make dinner, clean up afterwards, provide companionship, assist in hygiene (while still giving the person as much independence as possible). run errands, do household chores and so much more. I learned that sometimes, just talking to someone helps them make it through the day a lot easier. I loved learning about my customers and meeting their families. I didn't have co-workers, my managers were great people. I think the hardest part of the job was dealing with combative customers. It wasn't the fact that they were combative, it was just upsetting because I know they didn't understand what they were doing. Also, seeing their loved ones get upset over the deterioration of the customers health was very hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely getting to know the people. I loved seeing pictures from the past and hearing about things that I wasn't around to witness. I remember one woman in particular. We would sit out on her second floor enclosed deck while she ate her dinner. Her house was surrounded with woods. It was beautiful, one of her favorite places to go. After dinner, we would watch her favorite evening time television shows. She was great at Jeopardy!
Pros
Gas reimbursement, very rewarding helping others
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Nice patients
Assistant Living Aide (Former Employee) –  Mahopac, NYMarch 5, 2015
Only they are have nice patients.
No benefits,no bonus, no pay gas ...
The only good was the patients.

Very nice management , nothing else.
Never a dull moment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 17, 2015
There is always work to be done. What a joy to help others and know that you bring a smile to their day. To wake up every morning eager to go to your job because you love it so much is something rare.
Flexible hours and willing to work around your schedule
Harrisburg, Pa -Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Jonestown RDSeptember 7, 2014
I loved working for AOC. When I was in college they worked around my schedule and understood when I was not able to work. Every one was so nice and understanding and the pay was excellent.
Pros
flexible hours and feeling appreciated by staff
Cons
minimum wage pay
simple
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2014
I worked for okay patients, really enjoyed the company I just hate they lost their contract
productive and fun work environment
Assisting patients (Current Employee) –  Mahopac, NYMarch 2, 2013
Love working here they respect my personal needs as a new mom and as a student as well.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no healthcare
Love working with the Elderly
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 16, 2012
I love working with the Elderly people...When I would be having a bad day all I had to do was see a smile from one of my clients and it would make my day brighter and go faster..
Pros
the pay and advancement
Cons
leaving my clients to go home to my family