Angels On Call Employee Reviews

They talk a good talk!
Employee (Former Employee) –  One of the locationsApril 6, 2017
Coming from a person who really "knows" this company, don't waste your time thinking this one is any different from any other agency. It's a joke. Loved the clients but seriously upper management is terrible!
Pros
Office staff
Cons
Consideration, communication, compassion.
Goid job
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 24, 2017
Loved works with people older then me , you get to learn about life before you were here. How life was about years ago. I love being able to give back to others.
assisting disable individuals
Escort to medical appointments (Former Employee) –  Carmel, NYJanuary 13, 2017
assist with hygiene, bathing
light housekeeping
prepare meals
one on one escort
I learned to be grateful, that I am able to help myself without needing assistance.
The most enjoyable part was feeling needed, helpful.
The hardest part was the commute, I did not have a car at the time.
Pros
helping someone
Cons
the communte
They sound good..
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAJanuary 11, 2017
Just like any other caregiver job out here. Don't adhere to your availability that you give. Aren't as flexible as they say. You upset management your hours get cut. You don't feel comfortable with working with a client that's usually who you get stuck with. Getting a hold of anyone at the office and having a conversation is impossible.. unless they want you to work a shift someone called off on. But that's it. Have to pay for your uniform t-shirts. They act as if they are given to you.
Pros
The clients
Cons
No real hours. Getting ahold ofmanagement. Drive time
Satisfactory work environment
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 8, 2017
New challenges on a daily basis! Senior home care changes on a daily basis and new clients and caregivers present new challenges, as do clients no longer needing service and caregivers leaving the job unexpectedly! New ownership brought new challenges as well and things were changed drastically and caused a difficult situation at the time of my departure to move out of state.
Very good place to work
HHA (Former Employee) –  Lemoyne, PASeptember 13, 2016
Getting client to their appointment.
taking client on errand.
helping client with adl
the job wasn't hard
the most enjoyable part was making the client happy in doing what they wanted you to do
Angels on Call Mahopac
HHA (Current Employee) –  Carmel, NYSeptember 9, 2016
I love working for this agency. The staff are great and there is lots of flexibility. I have worked for the agency on and off for over 3 years. Highly recommend
Pros
flexibility, pay
all around great place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAJuly 30, 2016
pay could be better. all the driving I think we could get a little more per mile... but all around great management and co-workers. bonuses are good. they are really good at helping you if you need time off or have something come up.
Pros
hearing clients stories
Cons
low pay
Great flexibility and the management is great.
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAJanuary 2, 2016
Love getting to know clients and forming a professional bond with wonderful people. I don't know what else to put, there's not very much responsibility which I guess is nice.
Pros
Compensation for driving
Cons
Sometimes they have you drive far distances
The best Place I've ever worked
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 4, 2015
This Job was the dream job. I mean I was very comfortable and understood. My boss was understanding and flexible as I was. Typical day was going to my clients home, where I would clean, cook meals, wash my client, do her hair, and bring her into the living room to watch her television shows. Give her whatever they requested. On certain days I would prepare client for dialysis, give clients meds. I had a huge responsibility and I handled it well. I loved working with my clients, each and every one of them moved into my heart and it was hard for me to leave. I had a co-worker that was just the most helpful ever and I miss that. We both helped each other as much as possible and the outcome was remarkable. The hardest part of the Job was losing patients due to their illnesses, and dx's.
Pros
In- Home relaxed and Comfy.
Cons
None really.
Fun and enjoyable work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Newport, PANovember 14, 2015
This was a very rewarding job. I was able to care for elderly patients, emotionally and physically.I helped them with their everyday tasks such as, showering, dressing, housekeeping, shopping, taking to doctor appointments, and just providing them with companionship.
Pros
Helping the clients
Cons
Driving a lot, and no stable hours
Best job I've had so far
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PANovember 12, 2015
I love this job the management is amazing. There's bonuses & gas pay. They work around your schedule & offer extra if you need it. I've gotten close to my clients & love doing in home care!
Pros
Bonuses, clients, management
Cons
Can't think of any
what you learned
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 9, 2015
I have learned to develop relationships with people from a diverse back ground as well as gain a better perspective on life and how to really care for an individual
loveable friendly
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  knoxville,tnOctober 5, 2015
i love caring for people and job is awesome but when people start passing away its to hard on me so i had to change careers. not good at handling people passing away once i get close to them ecspecially
its an ok place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Newport, PAAugust 28, 2015
they try to be accommodating but and sometimes are successful. They cut hours back frequently and don't pay enough for the travel that is required
Great Company to Work For
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Newport, PAJuly 10, 2015
On a typical day, I would visit my customers for a few hours. I worked during the evening. Each customer was different. Normally, I would make dinner, clean up afterwards, provide companionship, assist in hygiene (while still giving the person as much independence as possible). run errands, do household chores and so much more. I learned that sometimes, just talking to someone helps them make it through the day a lot easier. I loved learning about my customers and meeting their families. I didn't have co-workers, my managers were great people. I think the hardest part of the job was dealing with combative customers. It wasn't the fact that they were combative, it was just upsetting because I know they didn't understand what they were doing. Also, seeing their loved ones get upset over the deterioration of the customers health was very hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely getting to know the people. I loved seeing pictures from the past and hearing about things that I wasn't around to witness. I remember one woman in particular. We would sit out on her second floor enclosed deck while she ate her dinner. Her house was surrounded with woods. It was beautiful, one of her favorite places to go. After dinner, we would watch her favorite evening time television shows. She was great at Jeopardy!
Pros
Gas reimbursement, very rewarding helping others
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Nice patients
Assistant Living Aide (Former Employee) –  Mahopac, NYMarch 5, 2015
Only they are have nice patients.
No benefits,no bonus, no pay gas ...
The only good was the patients.

Very nice management , nothing else.
Never a dull moment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 17, 2015
There is always work to be done. What a joy to help others and know that you bring a smile to their day. To wake up every morning eager to go to your job because you love it so much is something rare.
Flexible hours and willing to work around your schedule
Harrisburg, Pa -Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Jonestown RDSeptember 7, 2014
I loved working for AOC. When I was in college they worked around my schedule and understood when I was not able to work. Every one was so nice and understanding and the pay was excellent.
Pros
flexible hours and feeling appreciated by staff
Cons
minimum wage pay
simple
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2014
I worked for okay patients, really enjoyed the company I just hate they lost their contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Angels On Call. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval