Angels of Care Pediatric Home Health

Angels of Care Pediatric Home Health Employee Reviews

Relaxed place to work
RN CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 6, 2018
It was a normal day to day job, went to see patients, long drives. Management was 3.5 hours away from office. The office staff were great and helped out as much as they could.
Pros
Company car, relaxed office
Cons
Too many turn overs, lack of communication with no way to advance in your career.
Was a good place to work but often had to drive lots of miles to patients home to get hours needed
LVN Home Health (Former Employee) –  TxJanuary 31, 2018
Had no full time hours unless nurse willing to drive 60 miles one way. Hours were often odd. No supervisor in Abilene office for much of time I worked there.
Cons
Sometimes had to work with more than one patient to get hours needed
I enjoyed my pt interactions.
Pediatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Good patient care, but referred to too many people to try to get answers from. No travel pay/hotel for nurses. Shouldn't be expected to drive long distances after a 12 hr shift.
Good company
LVN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 6, 2018
Good company to work for, I am still employed PRN with this company. I have had an overall good experience with this company and its staff. The administration staff at the main office in Sherman is very on top of the paperwork and scheduling.
Bad
PRN Private Duty Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXDecember 29, 2017
Angels of Care has been around for a while and it is the same as always. No care for employees. Poor management, and abysmal policies. Since they are such a large company you will be able to find cases.
Pros
lots of cases
Cons
terrible office staff, policies, and job security.
Since I worked in a home i can basically say that the home evironment was great
LVN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 30, 2017
I didn't really have a relationship with the staff since I worked in a home., but the nurse supervisor was great.It was a good company to work for. The pay wasn't the best, but for the most part it was okay.
Pros
great supervisor
Cons
healthcare
No contact with the office
RN (Current Employee) –  Bastrop, TXNovember 28, 2017
overall isn't a bad company .. the only 2 main issues that I have experienced is about he local office ...never interact with me ..I don't see the reason for having a local office .. never received a call to follow up if i am working okay.. case manager ? Absent !! Working for 8 months and the only person that I know is " Jordan"... lo other calls or interactions .. the second issue is that never received any appreciation cards , free lunches, or any other gift .... maybe budget isn't good? ...I don't know !!
Cons
No free lunches, no appreciation cards, no enough cases on my area
Very vibrant company
Speech Language Pathologist - Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 16, 2017
The office staff is always on top of everything. My clients have a good relationship with office. I would recommend this company to any therapist because they are really quick with building your caseload and response to promptly when assistance is needed.
Good place for new graduate nurses
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 26, 2017
Very good working environment and job security. The management is very nice and attentive to employees. RNs have choices to patients and the company will help to locate patient who are suitable for their credentials and personalities.
Productive and fun place to work
RN staff nurse ICU (Former Employee) –  Vicki's PlaceOctober 23, 2017
Enjoyed working with the other staff. They were all well educated and enjoyed their work. All the patients were foster kids adopted by the one person and they were all on vents with races and g-buttons. None of them could walk, talk and required total care with bathing and changing of diapers.
Pros
Worked in one facility
Cons
No med carts.

Want to know more about Angels of Care Pediatric Home Health?

Ask a question
Amazing company to work for
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 20, 2017
Great company that truly puts the clients and families we serve at the forefront. Pride themselves on providing high quality care, amazing customer service and providing our field staff with competitive benefits and PTO!
Pros
Clinically owned and operated
overall good place to work
Lvn Private Duty (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 5, 2017
good place to work for a private duty nurse willing to travel to various homes to provide nursing care and interact withnpatients and families on a one on one basis.
Good patients fair pay
Lvn specialize in trach and vent (Current Employee) –  Worth, ILSeptember 22, 2017
Love the patients wish they would see what all I do and get rewarded with a better salary. Benefits are given only of ur on a full time case other that not bad
Angels of Care
LVN Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 20, 2017
I love my patient. The company I work for is a good company to work for. The only thing that I dislike would be the turnover rate in the offices. You get comfortable with a certain person than they are no longer working there and you don't know until someone new emails you and tells u they are no longer working there.
Pros
one on one pt ratio
Cons
payrate, raises not given when they should
hardest part of the job
Private Duty Nurse (Former Employee) –  Howe, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Great introduction to home health care. Provided good internship and training. Due to level of experience had difficult time finding case load to meet my experience level. When child out of town or in hospital no other clients to pick up.
I love working for Angels of care.
License Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 17, 2017
I love the freedom. you only have one patient to care for. it is very relaxed. resources are readily available via phone call, if you call in with a question or concern someone is readily available to answer your question or will find the answer for you. able to pick days or night and pick your patient to fit your schedule.
Pros
on your own
It was an all around amazing job.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXSeptember 13, 2017
It was an all around amazing job. I loved the people I worked with and it was a very friendly environment. They make you feel like family and if anyone has a chance to work there they definitely should!
Pros
The CEO
Cons
Small company with big heart
LVN- RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 31, 2017
I started working for this company as a home nurse 1:1 nursing care in pediatric patients home. Gbutton medication administration. Seizure precautions and frequent transfers

A day in the life at Angels of Care is busy doing intakes, new nursing orientation ,and reassessing patients and pretty much anything else that comes your way. Time management skills and being a detail oriented person is a very important.

Some days are stressful but those days are few and far in between.

The greatest part of the job watching the children grow and for some patients to no longer need nursing service because they recover.
Pros
Company car to perform job duties, Great branch coworkers, office hours 9-5, weekends off, PTO for full time field nurses.
Cons
Costly Benefits package, No Paid vacation day, No Bereavement pay, Corporate often contradicts themselves.
I have learned...
South Texas Regional Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 27, 2017
I have learned that sometimes it is easy to make needed changes and sometimes it is difficult. I have enjoyed working with a variety of people with different backgrounds and interests and have enjoyed that challenge. The hardest part of the job has been when the stress is high due to having to multitask so many things in a timely manner while keeping up with the day to day tasks as well. It has been a good challenge.
Amazing
RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2017
If you are an RN looking for a great position that allows you to be a great caregiver to a family, look no further. Staff is amazing, pay is good, patients are life-long friends.
Pros
pay, hours, flex schedule
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Angels of Care Pediatric Home Health. Our community is ready to answer.