Angels of Care Pediatric Home Health

Angels of Care Pediatric Home Health Employee Reviews in United States

Overwhelming and biased
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 23, 2016
Do not work at this company, my experience there as an RN case manager was awful. I worked from a branch office, and received no help from the corporate office at all. You are expected to juggle many jobs with no formal instruction on how anything is supposed to be done. No clear direction on anything, a lot of favortism as well.
Keep it in the family
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXMarch 28, 2016
Worst job ever. They treat office employees horrible. The supervisors are felons who have been to prison. Administration is all family or ex-husbands. I wouldn't waste your time.
ok if it is all you can find for now.
Registered Private Duty Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXMarch 26, 2016
Work is great if you get with a nice family. you pretty much are trained by parents. have not dealt with management very much so I have no opinion at this time. the coworker I know which is only one was great, Case mangers are nice at times but can get pretty hateful with you. There can be long waits for another case if you lose your case unless you willing to take just anything. Please do not take a case just because you like the hours. As I have just found out that is a big mistake.
Pros
pay is decent
Cons
benefits are terrible, limited PTO time 40 hours per year if you are lucky. wait time between cases, no proper training
Angels of Care DME customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXFebruary 7, 2016
Lies nothing but lies!! They tell you one thing but do another. You are told after 90 days u get a dollar raise and ins NOPE! when you ask for ur evaluation you get told
#1 A RAISE WILL BE GIVEN IF YOU MEET YOUR WEEKLY GOALS.
#2 YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO REGISTER FOR YOUR INS 30 DAY AFTER HIRE NOT 90 SO YOU NEED TO WAIT AN ADDITIONAL 90 DAYS.
After you bust ur hump working LONG hours to get goals caught up and clean to get that dollar your told
WE NEVER SAID YOU'D GET A RAISE YOU NEED TO WAIT A YEAR.
if you need to take time off your told
GIVE AT LEASE A MONTH NOTICE BUT.....THERE'S NO GUARANTEE YOU WILL GET IT.
I'm not sure how long that company the DME side has been there but only 3 YES 3 people are original employees. When asked "why haven't other employees stayed longer?" You hear
THEY COULDN'T CUT IT, OR THEY CAUSE DRAMA.
Beware NO training at least not good training your thrown directly in and basically "good luck" If you have a family your mostly here trying to fix everything because everything is SO UNORGANIZED!
And one of the top manager's they are a brother and sister team. But the brother is a motivational speaker so he knows exactly what to say so beware.....
Pros
sometimes free doughnuts or pizza, OT if you need it
Cons
Bad Training, Favoritism, No Raise, You have to wait 6 mths for health care if not told to register, long hours, NO RESPECT, unless u in the click u don't get treated right, No room for advancement.
Took care of one pt for 12 hrs/day instead of several pts a day.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2015
I had a boy that I had been with him since he was in Kindergarten He is going into the 4th grade this year and his doctor's did not renew his paper work so I lost him as my pt and am looking for another pt but there is a waiting list..
Pros
Taking care of children and doing things for them that they cannot do for themselves.
Cons
Once you loose a child, you have to be put on a waiting list to get another child.
I loved the family I worked with.
CMA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXSeptember 16, 2015
The company was less than mediocre. I loved the family I worked with. In about 10 more years maybe the company can improve.
Pros
On your own.
Cons
Too many to name.
Enjoyable Patients
Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dalhart, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Enjoyed working with the patients, and the Sub Office in Amarillo, Corporate had great difficulty with my schedule and duties. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients, and least enjoyable was poor communication from Corporate to field staff, which is understandable with such a large company.
Pros
Pretty well set own hours
Cons
Communication
Productive and fun work place
Rehab and Mobility Sales (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 31, 2015
Great company committed to client satisfaction. Management is very helpful and inspiring. Great facilities and benefits program. Positive and encouraging work environment.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!! no room for growth, no over time allowed, favoritism
Former Office staff (Former Employee) –  Sherman and DallasJuly 3, 2015
Favoritism! If you know the president or anyone in a high position your job Can be secure. They expect you to do so much work but they don't allow OT. You will receive emails letting you know you're close to OT and they can care less if you're done with your work. They add so many tasks, make big changes that at the end they don't even go through with. So yea, the pay is ridiculous! They will do whatever they can to benefit the company but when it comes to employees they can care less. People are rude to each other when you speak to them! Oh but they have the money to give away cars!! I don't recommend working here!!!!
Pros
office hours M-F
Cons
Too much work for little pay, favoritism a lot! Drastic changes
Great experience for new nurses
LVN Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 25, 2015
Good learning opportunity, flexible scheduling, excellent opportunity for new nurses to get a foot in the door and grab some practical experience
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Miscommunication problems between corporate and field offices are pretty regular
Helping the helpless
Case Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXMay 9, 2015
On a typical day I am entering time sheets from feild staff. Re educating field staff on proper charting. Answering phone calls and asisting with everyday issues our clients may need help with. I make schedules for our clients and put in PTO requests from field staff. I fax paperwork to get doctor's signatures. I may interview 1-3 nurses a day to determine if they could be the right fit for any of my clients that are in need of staffing. I have learned basic nursing lingo and have developed profound typing skills. I have learned to handle mutiple things at one time. I learned better orginization techniques. Management displays good leadership skills and problem solving to keep the work enviroment stable and friendly. Co-workers are great at team work and asist in any way they can to help get the job done. The hardest part of my job is when a client passes away. The best part of my job is when you learn that a client no longer needs staffing because they are healing and have overcome what caused their illness.
Pros
Day schedule, off on weekends, oppurtunity to be on call to make extra money
Cons
No overtime, no paid hollidays, no 401k
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXApril 7, 2015
Job is a very good job to have and also the mangement is pretty ggod. Just depends what department you work in. Mangement does favortism alot
Pediatric Home Health Nurse
Private Duty Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXDecember 20, 2014
Angels of Care is a wonderful company, and I loved my job. I have had the same patient from the time I got hired until now. She is a very sweet seven year old girl, and she requires total care. She was born with a cancerous brain tumor, cerebral palsey, hydrocephalus, and blindness. She is immobile, nonverbal, and incontinent, but she communicates through facial expressions, laughing, and crying. I go with her to physical, speech, occupational, and vision therapy and the life skills program at the elementary school every week and doctor appointments when she has them. I administer medications, G-tube feedings,provide trach care, meet all of her day to day medical needs. We also spend time doing home therapies, playing, reading, whatever she wants to do.
Pros
getting to know patient and family, performing specific skills in order to make patient's life the best that it can be
Cons
working in home health
I worked at this company for almost 4 yrs
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Howe, TXDecember 6, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company the employers and employees are easy to work with the patient care they provided was top notch
Now hiring ad doesn't guarantee any hours.
Lvn (Former Employee) –  TxSeptember 12, 2014
You apply because they say they are hiring, at most 1 day on a case was available. So it was pointless filling out the application when they didnt have enough cases in the first place.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
not enough hours, office staff not helpful.
Very Unprofessional
nurse (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 11, 2014
Disorganized,unprofessional, understaffed, flaky, favoritism
lvn
LVN (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 23, 2014
ok place to works. many opportunities, poor management, and no one knows what the other is doing.
Unorganized an understaffed
Former case manager (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 10, 2014
Upper management is does not understand the importance of training employees. The company is very short staffed and not organized. There is favoritism shown by upper management and they are not professional when dealing with stressful situations.
Case managers must work long days and driving takes up most of your time. Some patients may be over 2.5 hrs from the office, and due to the shortage of staff, you may be asked to go even further.
Pros
chance to win a car each year
Cons
unorganized, unprofessional, unclear of expectations, favoritism
not a good place to work
nurse (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 17, 2014
my experience with angels of care was horrible!! Stay away from this company!!
Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXOctober 7, 2013
Great hourly pay and an overall great place to work! Loved working at this place very nice people
Pros
lovely co-workers very nice people