Angels of Care Pediatric Home Health

Angels of Care Pediatric Home Health Employee Reviews

Good starting job, not enough work in some areas
LVN (Former Employee) –  ALL OVER TEXASMarch 3, 2017
I have nothing bad to say. I worked here as long as I could afford to. The patients in the area I live where limited to 2 so not a lot for me to do without traveling. Not compensated on mileage or any other wear and tear on my personal car when I was asked to travel further than what was told in the interview. Overall this is a great place to work if you don't mind going all over the place and staying in pt homes for 8-12hrs a day.
Enjoyed home atmosphere
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 10, 2017
Didn't experience work atmosphere or work with any other nurses. Did enjoy the families that I worked for and the patients.
Flexible company
Speech-Language Pathologist (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Howe, TXJanuary 25, 2017
They always work around my schedule and strive to keep me up-to-date with facility information. Only downside was its location far from Dallas
Fun and challenging
Care giver (Former Employee) –  ForneyJanuary 22, 2017
Taking care of a down syndrome girl. I help her with homework and get her bathed and fed.
I have learned that it can be very challenging especially when she gets mad and shuts down. They have a different mind set so when they get mad its difficult for a minute to calm them down. At least with her.
I enjoyed taking care of her though because she taught me a lot.
Pros
Getting to watch her grow and enjoy life
Cons
The pay
Productive and fun work place.
Medical Biller / Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Howe, TXJanuary 22, 2017
This company has a positive work environment which makes employees feel good about coming to work, and this provides the motivation to sustain them throughout the day.. Good leadership and team work. This company has a good relationship with co-workers and supervisors.
Relaxing, easy to do.
Respite Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 29, 2016
It was a lot of paper work but that wasn't a big issue. It was mostly me doing a lot of domestic work. I learned more about how to work around autism and tutoring skills.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Remembering medical jargon and passing it on to guardian.
Good place
Pediatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 11, 2016
Love it there! Everything from the staff to the Office. They are very welcoming and knowledgeable. Do not plan on leaving. I hope you give it a chance before leaving.
Unethical
DIRECTOR OF NURSING (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXDecember 2, 2016
* Management does not follow through
* Double standards
* Same rules do not apply to all staff
* unfriendly staff and management
my review
LVN (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXNovember 28, 2016
I enjoy working for angels of care most of all to help all the children in need of medical care, in hope that they have a better quality of life.
Ad doesn't mean they have work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 18, 2016
Went to long orientation and wasted my time I was told I had a guaranteed day shift job only to be told the patient was no longer with the company. Ad doesn't mean they have work
Good company
Office (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 11, 2016
Nurses have the ability to work one on one with their patients in the home vs 10 patients on a hospital floor. Management is always willing to help if an employee ask. Office is very fast paced and multi-tasking required but everyone works together to get task accomplished. Co-workers feel like an extended family.
Pros
Flexible for family life
Amazing place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 11, 2016
I have nothing but great things to say about Angels of Care . The leadership team makes you feel important and makes you feel like family . Through out my experience here at angels I have grown so much and am thankful for everything that this company has taught me . I also am so thankful that they are understanding when my child gets sick or a family emergency comes up . I come to work and yes some days may be stressful but we get thru it as a team . Everyone including the president of the company steps in to help fix the problem . AOC is by far the BEST company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Amazing leadership team, flexible hours, fun place to work
Great place! Friendly Staff
Skilled Visits (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 11, 2016
As a current employee of Angels of Care for 2+yrs I can say that this is a great company! Everyone is really friendly and is dedicated to trying to give their patients the best possible care.
I love my job
Case Manager Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 11, 2016
I just had my 1 year review with Angels of Care. I have never worked for a company that cares this much for their employees and their customers. I work in the corporate office as an office assistant and have witnessed the president of the company work long hours when we have a project to do. I love working for this family business because other companies I have worked for only care about money and the bottom line. I feel like they really care about me as a person.
Pros
culture, PTO, flexibility, pay, benefits
Cons
none I love my job
The BEST place to work!
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 11, 2016
I love working for Angels of Care. The management/ownership truly care about the patients and employees. I have never worked in environment like this one before. We work hard but also have fun while doing it. Management is understanding when you need to take off work for kids or family emergencies.

Angels of care is the BEST place to work.
Pros
Coworkers are like family, flexible on schedule when emergency arise, management really cares about employees
Okay workplace
Field LVN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2016
Good place to work, especially if you need a job quick. Management has gotten better, working private duty.. you don't have any co-workers which can get a little boring. However, you're able to get hands on experience and really get to know your patient. Hardest part is sometimes the patient will be admitted into the hospital and you're out of work. While you can cover available shifts, they aren't always easy to come by. Most enjoyable part is getting to see the progress of your patient getting better and ability to do more daily life activities on their own.
Pros
Choose your own schedule, patient-nurse relationship
Cons
No break and benefits aren't good.
Worst place to work
LVN (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 21, 2016
This place is a joke to work for. There is lack of communication from office staff to employees. They say they need someone ASAP and wait a month to get you the position. To get a returned called from them took days and no one in the office takes responsibility for their actions. I'm still waiting to get paid after a month of working with them.
Pros
N/A
Cons
No paid mileage
LOve 1on1 care
Pediatric LVN (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJuly 19, 2016
Excellent pediatric company. I loved one on one care. Caring managers who answered questions willingly. Lots of training and never hung out to dry. Lots of available cases. I am definitely going to work for them again.
Pros
one on one care
Cons
12 hour shifts
Normal company
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2016
Cut down hours because didn't want to provide health insurance. Staring pay is minimum wage, and if you want a raise you have to ask for one. Don't teach you all that you need to know to work with your client.
Horrible company but loved my patient
LVN (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJune 3, 2016
If you aren't family you will never have job security, if you are, then you can do whatever you want and get away with it. Management is very non professional when dealing with any kind of conflict or issues. Poor communication between office staff and field staff. Very high turnover rate in the office so there is no consistency or follow through when dealing with the office. Average pay and benefits are next to nothing and forget about the health insurance because the only policy worth having is priced outrageous. The only good thing about this job is the patients. If you see a five star review that mentions good benefits and management then one of the daughters made it. Promise.
Pros
the patients
Cons
horrible management and benefits, unprofessonalism, no job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Angels of Care Pediatric Home Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9