Angie's List Employee Reviews

Management were some the highest paid micro-managers, who knew less than those they managed
Client Success Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 22, 2017
Great culture, work life balance. If the current day was just as it was from 3 years ago there would not have been so much uncertainty if the last few months with the company.
Typical Sales Role
Advertising Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2017
When I was there, you worked on a draw. Bonus payouts could be charged back to the employee based on client performance.

Solicit businesses for advertising money and in turn get more exposure to paid members.

Little training and it was a sink or swim sales environment
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Offices were subpar. Little leadership
Learned a lot working here
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 17, 2017
It is a great place to work considering other places that were much worse. Management has its flaws. No real career pathing and its very cliquish. You have to know somebody or the right people. Very shady.
Pros
Moto Cafe & Wellness
Cons
Poor leadership, no learning and growth opportunities
Not what it used to be
Client Success Manager - II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 14, 2017
The unique culture that once made this a great place to work is nearly dead. Lots of micro-management and very little support. Also, the bonus structure is not as lucrative as it used to be.
Pros
None that I can think of.
Cons
Very little support and awful technology, Lots of micro-managing, Bonus structure is not what it used to be
Overall a good place to work.
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2017
Overall a good place to work. The only downfall is you never know if you will have a job. It seems like job security there has always been questionable.
layoffs due to merger with Home advisor
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 11, 2017
Right now there isn't much opportunity for advancement and they've cut corners on a lot of employee benefits that used to make this an excellent place to work. They used to reward top performers with fun trips and there was always plenty of room for advancement, now most teams don't have a budget and layoffs are occurring on a mass scale. I wouldn't recommend working here at this time. Maybe in a year or so when the merger is complete.
Pros
Benefits, On Campus Gym, Free Health Clinic
Cons
Few Opportunities for Advancement due to mass layoffs
Definitely not as bad as people say
Ad Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2017
While this isnt the best reviewed place in the world, its still a great place to work. Sure, it helps if you know someone. But where doesnt that happen?
Pros
Employee Events, Pay
Cons
Pretty boring work
Outstanding employees and culture - lacks job security
Advertising Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2017
The people and culture at Angie's List is outstanding. On average you can manage between 200-300 clients, placing outbound and taking inbound calls from clients. Rarely would you meet clients in person. Those who do best working with minimal supervisor would excel in this position/company.
Pros
great culture, benefit, coworkers
Cons
layoffs are frequent
Great
Advertising Sales & Discovery Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2017
If you have thick skin and can work hard then this is the place for you. Great work life balance and plenty of PTO. Base pay is respectable with possible bonus and commission.
Pros
Quality of life
Cons
Repetitive
Not Secure
Developer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2017
I loved the culture of Angie's List and how friendly my coworkers and managers were. However, they layoff employees without warning and pretend that the ship is not sinking while water pools at their feet.
It's was a great job for awhile.
Sales Originations - Eligibility Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2017
The company was great for a period of time. To a basic employee, they give you a great pay and a good schedule. The company started to fall around the time they decided to reach for too much and began to implement programs and applications they couldn't afford. Angie's List had to start looking for money for outside investors and started changing their business to compensate for their failures. The basic employee started to suffer for because of this. The biggest loss being a percentage off workforce being fired. After awhile, management and higher ups began to change their stance on how we operated on a day to day level and what was more important to the business: Money over Quality. Something the company had prided itself on for years has now become a half acknowledged idea.
There is a saying that people work better when they believe in the thing they are selling. After being there for a period of time, I don't really believe in the product anymore. Sad really, because all they had to do was not to put too much on their plate at one time.
Pros
Schedules, Pay
No security
Client Success Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2017
I was at Angie's List for the past 4 years, every day I wondered if my job was in jeopardy. Constant layoffs with no warning. The culture and the people you work with are phenomenal. Compensation is very good and benefits are awesome, but how long you have those things is what I bring into question.

My supervisors there were great people. Most people don't like their bosses, I did. They never withheld information from me or lied to me.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits, Culture
Cons
Lack of security
Outstanding Job Culture
CLIENT SUCCESS MANAGER-II (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 2, 2017
- I arrived every morning between 7:30-8:00
- My knowledge of IT has grown tremendously
- I witnessed a variety of management styles, however the oldest manager in Client Success was 38 years old. I don't believe the company valued my management experience.
- Workplace Culture was very casual and employee friendly
- From the Client Success perspective, the hardest part of the job, for me, was working with dissatisfied advertisers. From the Sales Management perspective, managing those who felt entitled.
- The most enjoyable part of working at Angie's List was the people.

- I was a victim of the most recent mass layoff
Pros
Workplace Culture
Cons
Not much, really. Management's tunnel vision, I suppose.
Unstable
Employee (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 20, 2017
Too many unknowns going on with this company. It is an unstable company. The environment is fine with the multiple building campus. It does break up the day to walk to other buildings for meetings. The onsite diner and cafe are nice for quick lunches and coffee through out the day.
Just not my thing
Client Success Manger (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 6, 2017
While they provide on the surface the essential benefits of any corporation to its employees. They are lacking in moral fiber and ethical courage. It was a major disappointment.
Ad sales
Eligibility Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 3, 2017
Angie's List is a good place to get your foot in the door. Working here has allowed me to gain 1-on-1 experience with business owners. Biggest obstacle is the reputation of the brand name.
Great .COM company in the middle of Indiana
Server Administrator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 2, 2017
Great relaxed environment. Plenty of room to learn and grow. There were many run projects you could take part in. Overall very pleased with the company other than some major management issues.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Management issues
Fun workplace unless you want to work there long term
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 25, 2017
The company and people that work there are all terrific. The company's major pitfall is that due to the type of business they conduct and the amount of money they spend on outside projects, they tend to lay off a very large portion of their staff every couple of years. I was laid off along with about 30 others. Shortly after my layoff (about a year after) they laid off over 300 people including over half of my department (Member Sales/Ad Sales).
Pros
Fun atmosphere and good people
Cons
You will most likely be laid off at some point
Getting difficult
Strategic Programs-Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 13, 2017
There seems to be a lot going on behind the scenes that makes me feel uncertain about my future. I have had a successful tenure thus far and want to continue to expand my career.
Unstable Work Environment
Member Sales (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2017
There is no communication upon the management. Poor organization skills. They have laid off over 200 people since October of 2016. Opened a Call Center in the Phillipines.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Angie's List. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4