Angie's List Employee Reviews in United States

Great for Experience
Ecommerce Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2016
If you talk to anyone, they will tell you the people are what keep them there. Middle management is understanding, however the C- and VP levels do not relate to their employees, but that is normal in large companies.
Clear disconnect between departments, and advertising sales department is the favorite child (they generate the most direct revenue). While most are probably good people, the major theme is "get the contract signed" and turn it over to someone else.
Pros
decent hours, colleagues, benefits, pay
Cons
little movement in management and career growth, political, sissies
Lack of directection
Discovery Represenative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 26, 2016
The people are nice. The management needs to lead with a clearer purpose. The job as a Discovery Rep is difficult. Most of the people that you call have been called a number of times and have become agitated with AL.
Pros
37 hr work week
Cons
benefits and 401k do not meet the market place
Awful Place
Ad Sales (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 8, 2016
I worked in sales. The company is backwards, technologically inept (especially bad for an "internet" company), and ran poorly by horrible management. This company lacks direction from the top down. It feels like a frat house where nobody knows or cares what the company mission is. They will do what they are motivated to do and in sales that is lie and barely work. My direct manager was nice and my team was mostly nice. Many of the people that work there act like they work at Google and do whatever they want. The company is ran so poorly that I don't think they will be in business in a couple years. They spend too much on ridiculous things and have the sales departments competing with each other. They were offered to be bought out by HomeAdvisor...AND DECLINED! I worried when I worked there (haven't for about 6 months) that they weren't doing well financially and didn't have a competitive product. To refuse a buyout by a superior competitor (most of the clients I talked to left us for HomeAdvisor or Houzz). is just silly and unprofessional. Read the financial news stories over the last 5 months and imagine that kind of stupidity filtering down.
Pros
The flexibility of hours (which I heard is gone), the pay (which COULD get big, also gone), environment of mostly pleasant people on my team
Cons
fighting dumb management, expected to be there until midnight 2 days a month, sometimes shallow and lazy coworkers
Great co-workers and compensation.
Concierge Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 20, 2015
The coworkers and compensation were fantastic. However, I never got the sense that management had a grasp on what they wanted to accomplish. Our day to day job activities would change frequently, with little to no communication from upper management. Frequent and drastic workflow and process changes lead to many representatives being confused on a daily basis, which effected morale negatively. Overall, it was a good experience and I learned a lot about corporate culture.
A volatile place for employment
Advertising Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 13, 2016
The company provides a wide variety of employment opportunities, and is a popular landing place for newly graduated millennials. The atmosphere is tense, affected "fun" that many dotcom businesses maintain. Because the company is at the mercy of a rather unforgiving market, Angie's List often provides a wide variety of services to their customers depending on the current climate. It is a wonderful place for someone that craves excitement in their job, but could cause great anxiety in those looking for long-term career options.
Pros
youthful exuberance
Cons
Stability is hard to come by
Great culture, no advancement
Team Lead - Account Management (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 1, 2016
I have enjoyed my time at Angie's List. It has been a great place to gain sales experience and confidence in interpersonal skills. There are a couple of pitfalls. First, I changed desks every month which was a pain. While I enjoyed a change in view from time to time, it became tedious to have to move everything over and over. Next, there are different "initiatives" each month and hard to know what to focus on. You would contact your clients to push a program only to have it on the back burner or not existent 1 month later. It seemed like the goalpost was moving every month with no consistency which aggravates the staff and clients. The biggest challenge for me was the lack of opportunity to advance. I am one that wants to work for the next pay grade but there is not the opportunity in place to do so. Turnover was high. The best part of working there was the culture. It's diverse and fun but not worth all the headaches.
Pros
Company culture, laid back
Cons
Micromanagement, constant change of initiatives and focus
Used to be good- now stay away
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 31, 2015
After a restructure, commissions went to 0 and now it is a cubical farm. They want you to work overtime and take calls at homes and weekends. If you don't you are shunned and pushed out.
Pros
20 PTO days to start
Cons
No security, no work life balance, horrible management, low stock price
Great Place to Work
ADVERTISING ACCOUNT MANAGER ANGIE'S LIST (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 20, 2015
Fantastic people and culture. Unique campus environment just east of downtown Indianapolis. Can be financially rewarding but you definitely have to work hard and achieve
Awful place to work
Advertising Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 24, 2015
Management is a joke. Sales goal are always changing and not equal. No advancement at all. If you enjoy watching good people get fired and working for people who are clueless then this is the place for you
Pros
money can be good
Cons
management, upper management, working environment, workplace.
Enjoyed the time I had.
ServiceTown Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 9, 2016
I would work for them again, but unfortunately my market was shut down due to size.

Product advancement needs to be finished before introducing it to the public to not create confusion.
The World's Longest Lasting battery distributors.
Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  HomeJune 5, 2015
I worked with them for about 4 years. The work culture is good and distribute premium Energizer batteries in Uganda. My boss there was very supportive and friendly. He always listened to our suggestions and tried as hard to motivate the team. The compensation plan was weak but I have been told it has then been improved which is a good thing. I enjoyed my stay while I was here.
Pros
Good management, Team work, Premium products.
Cons
Low compensation plan.
No clear goals
Business Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, Washington StreetJune 8, 2015
Angie's list is a good company overall. However senior leadership has difficulty agreeing on the direction of the company. This leads to a lot of wasted initiatives. I've gained a lot of valuable experience at Angie's list but after 16 months working there I have had four supervisors and have been in four different locations on campus.

The culture is relaxed and comfortable and my coworkers are friendly and knowledge but a consistent running theme is many of my coworker express that they are not always clear with what they should be doing.

I strongly believe if management can be fine-tuned then Angie's list will be a more successful company.
Pros
Many perks, tickets to events, Derby Day, Grand Prix, workout facility
Cons
Management needs better direction, Campus is not consolidated
It was a great place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 15, 2015
Angie's List is a great place to work. It was a very competitive sales environment but it brought out the best in everyone. There was a tremendous amount of support from management and co workers
fast paced work environment
Advertising Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 29, 2016
as a discovery rep you will make around 80 calls a day to different service providers. Co-workers and management are great
Pros
fun environment
Cons
can get monotonous
Such a Fun, Relaxed Pace
eCommerce - Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 14, 2016
The environment at Angie's List definitely makes it very enjoyable. The dress code is relaxed, there are plenty of things to do while on break but the KPIs can be difficult to hit.

When I was there, I didn't think I had enough coaching from management and felt like I was being held down. I still loved my job there and still loved working there.

So much fun is had - lots of events planned, lots of perks.
good
Core reception (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 20, 2016
Great experience
Great atmosphere

Decent pay
401k
Company chimistry
Fair
Idk what else to say besides they Do not make you where business attire
Sales driven
Member Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 4, 2016
It's all about sales and commission, no matter what type of position you hold. The coworkers are the best part and management is pretty good, as well.
Used to be a great environment
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 17, 2015
It's a horrible place to work know. Company is trying to force reps out with out paying a severance (in my opinion). It used to be great pay with a great culture. Everything changed about 2 months ago for about 90 percent of the sales reps.
Fun place with good pay
Senior Solutions Consultant - Closer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 21, 2015
Angie's List is a great workplace. Very challenging place to work since it is sales mostly. Good pay, good hours. Great sales environment although challenging I succeeded.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management
Great Place, Fun People
Advertising Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 2, 2016
I enjoyed the atmosphere at Angie's List. My co-workers were kind and considerate, but got down to business. We worked hard, but had fun. Each day was different and fast paced - kept me on my toes! But, I loved it and was sad to leave when I moved out-of-state.

2.3