Angie's List Employee Reviews

Had Potential but Not as they Advertised
Client Success Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2017
Was always told how great their culture was before I started working there. Most of the people were great but almost everyone was constantly worried about their job and searching for a new one.
I know they had some good managers & if you get one you have potential to make it their longer. If not, you will start dreading going to work.
Unstable Company
Origination Consultant - E-Commerce (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 3, 2017
Angie's list has turned into a company that does not care for their employees well-being. They used to make sure their employees were happy and taken care of, but with their new CEO it has turned into a money hungry machine.
Fun and exciting
Advertising Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2017
Angie's list was a great place to work for me. I found the work very fulfilling and learned a lot. Your earning potential was pretty much yours to decide--how much do you want it? It's a high-pressure job at times, and not for everybody. But

Unfortunately I had a pretty big tragedy in my life, forcing me to miss a month, and some issues with FMLA. I felt that HR pushed me out, and wasn't willing to work with me. You spend a lot of extra hours here, and that soured my opinion in the end. What have you done for me lately?

But beyond this, if you're pushing your activity, and having quality conversations with your accounts, it can be a great opportunity. Make sure to voice concerns to management as well. Portfolios can become VERY unbalanced, with some team members carrying the weight of several others. If you don't advocate for yourself, nobody else will.
Undecided
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 23, 2017
This place used to be one of the top employers in Indianapolis but not anymore. Seems like your constantly fighting your own employer on things they should back you up on.
Productive and fun place to work
Network Architect (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 21, 2017
My typical day at work is fast paced and enjoyable. I manage a team of network engineers and help "steer the ship" so to speak as far as the direction of where the company is going from a network perspective.
Pros
VERY casual dress code
Cons
Lack of direction
Relaxed environment, stressful metrics
Sales Origination Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2017
Day to day operations in this position were fairly easy to manage, and positive overall. Most every co-worker I have is a pleasure to work with. The daily, and even hourly metrics, as well as misguided members of the management team are frustrating at times.
quick turnaround
Advertising Sales/Customer Needs Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2017
The company has become well known for it's revolving door of employees. A lot of burnout. If you are not on good terms with management expect to not last long.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
pay, horrid treatment of its top talent
Unstable but good pay and benefits
E-commerce Merchant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 11, 2017
In my 3 years there I was in 5 completely different roles. They all pay well but the company is very unstable trying to constantly try new things to be profitable.
Good starting point
Advertising Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 10, 2017
Angie's List had a fantastic culture and product, but over time the quality has left it. It's managed inefficiently and very unorganized.

One of the things I would say was the hardest, was knowing what it was that my job initialed. They are such an engine of change, that many times employees are left with confusion as to what their role was. This was a pro and con at times. Pro, new responsibility and opportunity and con, because you had no clue what the priority was from team to team or position.

The people there are hard working and pleasant. They truly are the lifeblood of the company. They truly care about their place and how they work with the companies in their portfolio.
Pros
Great people. Interesting product and forward thinking in a lot of ways
Cons
Poorly managed. Often too much change. Inconsistent with territory allocation.
Not a lot of culture at work
Senior Client Success Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 8, 2017
They are getting ready to sell so there isn't much of a workplace culture to speak of. Everyone is nervous about loosing their job. I did learn a lot.
Great Experience
Senior Account Management & Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 1, 2017
For the past 5 1/2 years Angie's list has provided me the opportunity for both personal and financial success. While the company has experienced significant changes over the years, its dedicated, motivated and determined employees like me have had a great experience working with this growth focused company.

In recent months and with budget costs it appears that Angie's list is positioning for sale. While I am a firm believer that the ones that stick with it the longest, win, unfortunately the stock market and media reflect that my belief in this situation may not be suitable.
Relaxed environment and great place to work
Ecommerce Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 27, 2017
Lot of opportunity to move up, which I took advantage of. Relaxed environment and good people to work with. Hardest part about working there was the constant change and poor communication between management and us employees.
Pros
Relaxed environment, no dress code, worked own hours
Cons
Poor communication between management and employees
Enjoyable. Pleasant. Open. Friendly.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 23, 2017
The work environment is fun and generally laid back. They have an expectation of you and as long as you meet expectations there is very little stress regarding my position. I do however feel that moving through the company is fairly easy to do in lateral terms, but moving up the ladder in the business is quite difficult, unless you're very very good at sales.
Great employee based culture
Member Care Trainer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2017
Angie's List is a GREAT company to work for. They are redefining corporate culture and care about their employees. It is productive and fun!
Challenging but frustrating professional environment
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 31, 2017
I believe that Angie's List is a great place to build your skill set. If you're good at sales, you'll thrive and make money. However, most departments have saturated upper management and the communication across the company is terrible.
Good company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 30, 2017
I worked in the customer service call center. It's a decent place to work and the pay isn't too bad. They have fun activities on special occasions. Also, there are opportunities for advancement.
Great team enviroment!
Advertising Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 22, 2017
I worked 3 years for this company along side of many wonderful people and friends! The innovation and growth of this company I witnessed first hand was and continues to be amazing!
Fun new company
Data Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2017
I was placed here by a staffing agency and remember having fun at and after work with my co workers. It was sometimes hard to reach their quota expectations and to pass the QAs.
Cons
QAs were not always fair
A miserable experience for all involved
Customer Needs Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2017
I worked in the sales department for Angie's List, and over the years that I was there, how their day to day business operated would constantly change. Management does not properly inform their employees about changers that are being made, and constantly change the expectations of their employees. I would not suggest working there to anyone.
Great experience!
Yoga Teacher (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 6, 2017
I have had a great experience teaching classes for Angie's List as a temporary sub. I have learned a lot from teaching this class.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Angie's List. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4