Anheuser-Busch Employee Reviews

Not what it used to be.
Millwright/Maintenance Machinist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2016
When Anheuser-Busch was still Anheuser-Busch, it was a gret place to work. Competition to get in the door was fierce. But ever since the hostile takeover by InBev, everything has gone downhill. The quality of our product, working conditions, morale, benefits..... all have taken a beating under the new regime. The stupid kids they hire to "manage" this place have absolutely no idea what they are doing. A very hostile and counter-productive work environment. This company used to be owned and ran by a family of brewers. Now, it's ran by a bunch of foreigners that don't care about the product. They are only concerned with maximizing profits. They are gradually but steadily losing market share. This company will eventually be nothing but a shell of what it once was
Plenty of opportunities if you're willing to work for it.
Environmental Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2015
A good place to work, or as good as many other businesses these days. Plenty of folks will say it's a different company than prior to 2008 and it probably is, but I joined after the merger.

Possible Upsides - Can honestly say that I like the beer and we get plenty of it. Pretty good culture all around on both hourly and salary. Work with a great team of people that are like family.

Possible Downsides - I don't recall as many meetings at my previous employers. Seems that you can't start something without scheduling a meeting about it.
If you are expecting to work a 9-5 job, this isn't going to be a good fit for you. There is plenty of work to go around and those that put in the time and effort will reap the reward.
Pros
Free beer
Cons
Better love to go to meetings
A great company with aggressive growth target
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Asia PacificNovember 2, 2015
My first employer which I spent five years here. It is a great company which enable young professionals to advance their career quickly with early responsibilities.
Colleagues are passionate in achieving the stretch sales target and most of us travel extensively to lead projects roll-out in a very large scope.
Senior management values stakeholders interest most which is good for investors, however, in terms of building people pipeline, they don't care much, because the sales teams are considered "sales machine".
Overall, it is a great company with great dreams.
Pros
Meritocracy; Performance based; Open communications
Cons
Benefits; High turnover; Zero Work life balance
Fast-paced complex environment
Supply Chain Business Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 22, 2016
Fast-paced manufacturing environment which seeks out highly technical business managers and engineers. Processes are very complex and requires a high level of industry knowledge to meet daily, monthly, and annual targets. The job required a lot of flexibility, long hours, and ability to adjust to change quickly.
Economy proof
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2016
Steady work, steady pay. Health insurance starts the first day. Sign on bonus. Bonus programs and beer giveaways. No advancement, the role you're hired into is the role you keep until you quit, retire, or pass away.
Pros
all the hours you can muster
Cons
no advancement
A great opportunity
UCSB Marketing Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 2, 2016
A typical work day consisted of either coordinating with my partner and management about scheduling activations for the following week. Activations are on site promotions that my partner conducted in six different accounts. I learned how to work with a team and communicate in order to conduct successful marketing and sale strategy. My coworker was great, however management was very disorganized; however, this meant that my partner and I had to pick up their responsibilities. The hardest part about the job would be communicating with management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to have choice over activations and working in fun environments.
Pros
Bonuses
Overview
High End Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 10, 2017
Anheuser-Busch has offered me a tremendous opportunity and I am incredibly appreciative, Days vary which makes each one new and exciting. Management is strong. Great co-workers. There is no hard part of the job. Working with beer.
Pros
Ability to make your own schedule
Cons
Low interaction level with co-workers
enjoyed the jobs, the workers and managers. It was fun and challenging
Retired (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 11, 2015
Enjoyed my years with the company. Saw many changes through my 36 years there. Met lots of interesting and fun people who challenged me and help me through the years. And i hope i did the same.
Loved the benefits and the income during my stay.
The hardest part for me was working the three shifts. We rotated every two weeks.
I had to learn to never own a problem.. but to say I will take care of it and do so.
Another challenging thing was, you had to know about 15 different jobs and expected to perform when you replace someone on vacation.
Pros
Vacation, Benefits, the people
Cons
Work hours, Random job placement, When managers have me to reprimand an employee against my judgement.
Hard and time consuming to get in but great place to work and retire.
Relief Operator/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2016
Best company I ever worked for. Left to pursue career in Real Estate business after getting a degree and Real Estate Broker's License. Would have stayed and retired from this company.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Hard company to get your foot in the door. Same pay regardless of the amount of work you do.
Review of Anheuser Busch.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 26, 2016
Anheuser Busch was a solid company to work. Many opportunities for advancement if you are willing to be mobile. Must be flexible to work for AB.
Great place to work!
Executive Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2017
Goose Island is a wonderful place to work with a great Craft Beer culture that is full of innovative and dynamic people! You opinion and abilities are taken into account and you really feel you have a part and place in a growing community.
Review Summary
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2017
Company is more concerned with hiring people with a college degree with no knowledge of the industry, instead of promoting from within the company building a strong base for the future
Cons
management
I loved driving to work
Chef de partie (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 24, 2017
I worked there for 11 years total and I just loved driving through the property, my favorite placed I have ever worked and the staff that worked with me were great.
Pros
super nice people
Cons
management
Many hours not time for family
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 5, 2016
The truck driver is responsable for load and unload the trailer. In all the stops. The driver getting 30 stops Collect the money . No one recognizable the hard work and can get hurt .
Pros
Job security
Cons
Worker com.
Culture is Amazing
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 11, 2016
The corporate culture for Anheuser Busch is second to none. They embrace a work hard, play hard culture that demands improvement and good results and it works.
Safe and culture environment that knows how to get things done.
System Technologist Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 6, 2016
The number 1 thing I learned is safety in the work place and that everybody is in this together. The people will do everything in their power to help you out. The management is excellent with clear guidance on everyday task.
Great learning experience
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 17, 2017
At AB-InBev it is a great place to learn Tier 2 logistics. A typical is day is mixed depending how the volume is. I learned management skills that make me a better manger.
Pros
free case of beer
Cons
long work hours
great place to work
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 11, 2016
great place to work,good people and environment,great benefits and health care,love the place,look forward to coming to work everyday
Great company before InBev buyout.
Director of Entertainment Marketing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2015
As Director of Entertainment Marketing I dealt with many companies and individuals in the entertainment industry. A sample of my contacts included movie studio executives, directors, producers, set decorators and prop masters. I dealt with actors, agents and PR personnel in the celebrity outreach program. A typical day involved negotiating product integration placements, entertaining celebrities at many venues in A-B owned sky boxes and suites, attending film festivals in U.S. and overseas. I also managed the personnel at the PR agency working on our account.
The hardest part of the job was working in the office nine hours/day and then entertain 3-4 nights a week until late hours.It was also difficult to work in an industry(entertainment) for a company in another business(beer) as my co-workers often had no insight into my issues/decisions. The best part of the job was negotiating great deals and working with celebrities.
My managers always gave me excellent reviews and one described me as "high performance, low maintenance".
Pros
Good salary, great benefits, autonomy
Cons
Long hours, management differences
Group Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2017
The work environment was intriguing to say the least. The management structure had an extremely high turnover rate, and the established union was confusing. the people were great, but the management structure was iffy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anheuser-Busch. Our community is ready to answer.