Anheuser-Busch Employee Reviews in United States

Work hard/long breaks
Brewer/Production Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2016
Operated manufacturing equipment
Cleaning and loading tanks
Following recipe for hops and loading vessels
Conducted safety audits
Responsible for following SOPs, including LOTO on production equipment
weekend worker
Pros
Good personal/co-workers
Cons
Excellent company to work for
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 13, 2016
It was a plant that was made into a almost self running both office and warehouse. I had an excellent work that I enjoyed being around and working with daily.
Pros
people
Cons
accounts trying to cheat
Lots of Changes
Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 26, 2016
There are always changes taking place. New leadership seems to be a weekly thing so it makes it hard to figure out what work to prioritize.
Pros
Good people, lots of knowledge
Cons
Hostile environment due to layoffs and re-organizations
Not what it used to be.
Millwright/Maintenance Machinist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2016
When Anheuser-Busch was still Anheuser-Busch, it was a gret place to work. Competition to get in the door was fierce. But ever since the hostile takeover by InBev, everything has gone downhill. The quality of our product, working conditions, morale, benefits..... all have taken a beating under the new regime. The stupid kids they hire to "manage" this place have absolutely no idea what they are doing. A very hostile and counter-productive work environment. This company used to be owned and ran by a family of brewers. Now, it's ran by a bunch of foreigners that don't care about the product. They are only concerned with maximizing profits. They are gradually but steadily losing market share. This company will eventually be nothing but a shell of what it once was
Too much pressure on employees to make managers look good.
Weekend Rilief (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 15, 2016
Budweiser used to be a good company to work for. The company started to pressure managers to get more production. When workers could not perform up to the new criteria, they were punished.
Pros
Good Money.
Cons
Management was terrible.
New Company Culture
Sales (Current Employee) –  USAJanuary 14, 2016
Company seems to value young college grads with analytic knowledge over actual field experience. Senior management has targets to get these new employees promoted quickly, regardless if they actually perform well. Unless you are a new Ivy league grad, I would not recommend employment at ABI.
Pros
Two cases of Beer per Month
Cons
Work Life Balance, Advancement, Management
love working for southern beverage
Route Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSJanuary 13, 2016
money plentyful i had to do a two man job sometimes but due to my work ethic i was able to maintain expections. love talking and dealing with other people because im a peoples person
A very "cultural" and friendly place to work
hospitality (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 11, 2016
At Anheuser Busch Hospitality House, making friends was our business. Although a "Beer Company", the company also claimed important social responsibilities such as supporting Wildlife Conservation, and strongly adhering to the moral upbringing of "drinking responsibly"-which clearly targets the intended consumer-"adults" who are 21 and up-and in doing so, had a strict I.D. policy. The Hospitality House was an establishment located right inside SeaWorld-San Antonio and offered guests all over the world an opportunity to sample various Anheuser Busch products for free-and claimed no such monetary gain in doing so. A typical day a work-reflected the high-standard guest experience we claim to adhere to by greeting all the guests, talking to them, making them feel welcome in the establishment, and most of all, making friends with them. We educated the guests about the products, gave them first-class experiences in our Brand Ambassador facility-where they could freely select the product they wanted to sample, gave them assorted foods such as (crackers, cheese, chocolates and grapes) to test the palate-resulting in a well-rounded Beer Tasting. Management were always prompt and making their rounds frequently to ensure the smooth operation of its Employees and overall experience of the Guests, and maintained a strong work ethic which indeed manifested into the Employees as well. The co-workers were very colorful, cultural, and brought a unique contribution to the work we put in. The hardest part of the job was the volume of guests coming in. Being located right inside a "Theme Park",  more... you tend to get a rush of guests just waiting to find out who we are and what we have to offer-so the job could get a little stressful in having to efficiently handle all the guests in the high standards and work ethics we adhered to. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that we weren't just employees working our shift to just make us a quick dollar and live paycheck to paycheck. We enjoyed many different benefits such as good pay, free cases of Beer every month, and a flexible schedule. What I can indeed take away from this experience is that it taught me how to deal with consumers of all types on many different levels while maintaining a good work ethic and attitude and essentially teaching some form of Customer Service generally in dealing with people of all sorts from all around the world. This job as also helped me to appreciate Beer as a craft rather than just an alcoholic beverage. It has taught me to be passionate in what I do because that is what gets others generally interested in you, your company, and/or your product.  less
Pros
Great pay, accommodations, flexible schedule, enjoyable field of work
Cons
Short breaks, constantly on-foot at all times, high volume of guests.
Don't waste your time...
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Medford, MADecember 23, 2015
Here's the deal: your reward for working hard as a "spare" warehouse employee is getting LAID OFF after 2400 hours of work in a 2 year consecutive period.

Needless to say there is a constant turn-style of new spare employees that come and go, for the few that stay, they're reward: LAY OFF.

Notice how often the "warehouse worker" ad is listed?

Management has the authority to put anyone on the List(in the Union) but REFUSES to do so when its comes to warehouse personnel.

Ending result from this INCOMPETENT hiring practice is: wasted $ on interviews/drug tests/training, poorly built pallets, complete chaos in the warehouse due to spares quitting/walking out(and who can blame them?), trucks going out late, etc.

One of Managements famous lines: "they're just spares." In case you were wondering how "spare" employees are treated.

The warehouse job itself is not bad, building pallets, loading trucks, cleaning the warehouse, etc. If you don't mind working hard, some long hours when its busy(most of the year) this job's could be for you BUT.....

The warehouse could run so much smoother but management continues to run it with a temp agency mentality which leads to the constant break down of the warehouse/delivery operation.

Hope this helps anyone who is thinking about applying for the "warehouse worker" in Medford, MA.

I will delete this review when/if things change, not holding my breath.
Pros
Good job for Union Employees
Cons
"they're just spares."
Good Company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Levittown, PADecember 17, 2015
I worked by myself for the most part but when I would work with others, they were great and easy people to work with. Long hours. The pay could have been higher. Good management
Plenty of opportunities if you're willing to work for it.
Environmental Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2015
A good place to work, or as good as many other businesses these days. Plenty of folks will say it's a different company than prior to 2008 and it probably is, but I joined after the merger.

Possible Upsides - Can honestly say that I like the beer and we get plenty of it. Pretty good culture all around on both hourly and salary. Work with a great team of people that are like family.

Possible Downsides - I don't recall as many meetings at my previous employers. Seems that you can't start something without scheduling a meeting about it.
If you are expecting to work a 9-5 job, this isn't going to be a good fit for you. There is plenty of work to go around and those that put in the time and effort will reap the reward.
Pros
Free beer
Cons
Better love to go to meetings
Productive Environment Allowing for Independence
Brand Activation Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 15, 2015
As the Brand Activation Manager at a local distributor for Anheuser Busch, I had a great experience. I was given thorough training and time to get comfortably acquainted with the products I was to promote. This job allowed for a lot of freedom and independence. I enjoyed the atmosphere and my co-workers everyday I went to work. This is an environment I can honestly say I looked forward to every day.
Pros
Training, Independence, Personal Development
Cons
Split Shift
Cool work place
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 14, 2015
Typical work day cool
I learned how the business runs
Managent was cool
Co workers were mainly spanish people
Was not enough work
Was going out on the route to make deliveries
Pros
FREE BEER
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
enjoyed the jobs, the workers and managers. It was fun and challenging
Retired (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 11, 2015
Enjoyed my years with the company. Saw many changes through my 36 years there. Met lots of interesting and fun people who challenged me and help me through the years. And i hope i did the same.
Loved the benefits and the income during my stay.
The hardest part for me was working the three shifts. We rotated every two weeks.
I had to learn to never own a problem.. but to say I will take care of it and do so.
Another challenging thing was, you had to know about 15 different jobs and expected to perform when you replace someone on vacation.
Pros
Vacation, Benefits, the people
Cons
Work hours, Random job placement, When managers have me to reprimand an employee against my judgement.
Overtime friendly, steady paced field of work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 7, 2015
Overall A great 3rd party company of Anheuser Busch, team driven environment. Gain much experience of the beer industry and how sales works. A company car is provided to work in and to also take home once you promote to salesman.
Pros
Extensive overtime oppurtunites, holiday and safety bonuses, and weekly pay always before friday
Cons
Lack of integrity amongst team members causes more work for u, one person controls HR which can lead to bias decisons or unfair consequences, lunches are taken out of your check and there may be very busy days u dont get to take one
Fun envirnoment
Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Medford, MANovember 29, 2015
Before the take over it was a fun place to work
Before the take over there was great opportunity to provide direct customer service
Pros
Walking distance from home
Cons
Drastic change in operations
Overworked, unappreciated, no advancement, bad management
Co-op (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 21, 2015
The work is enjoyable because you are working with beer so it is interesting but they squeeze every bit of time they can out of you. Salaried positioned people expect you to work through lunch and not clock overtime because "you are part of a team...and everyone has to work hard to achieve our goals."

InBev gutted the company so it is run by interns and contractros and all salaried people are doing several people's jobs. If you want to die early...work for Anheuser-Busch.
Pros
Pay well and free beer
Cons
Overworked, unappreciated, no advacement, bad management
Work, work, work
Group Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 20, 2015
Very little care is given on how much time employees are forced to put in here. No value appears to be placed on a good work/family life balance. Everything is very much about the numbers. However, you are paid relatively handsomely to perform all the necessary work, just have a hard time making time to spend it or finding someone to spend it with.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Extra hours
Great Place
Logistics and Operations Intern (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 17, 2015
Benefits are being taken away but there are many perks of working there. Free beer on Friday. Some of the hours are long but the pay is fair.
Pros
free beer
Great company before InBev buyout.
Director of Entertainment Marketing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2015
As Director of Entertainment Marketing I dealt with many companies and individuals in the entertainment industry. A sample of my contacts included movie studio executives, directors, producers, set decorators and prop masters. I dealt with actors, agents and PR personnel in the celebrity outreach program. A typical day involved negotiating product integration placements, entertaining celebrities at many venues in A-B owned sky boxes and suites, attending film festivals in U.S. and overseas. I also managed the personnel at the PR agency working on our account.
The hardest part of the job was working in the office nine hours/day and then entertain 3-4 nights a week until late hours.It was also difficult to work in an industry(entertainment) for a company in another business(beer) as my co-workers often had no insight into my issues/decisions. The best part of the job was negotiating great deals and working with celebrities.
My managers always gave me excellent reviews and one described me as "high performance, low maintenance".
Pros
Good salary, great benefits, autonomy
Cons
Long hours, management differences