Anheuser-Busch Employee Reviews

Youthful Environment
Brewery Tour Guide and Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 20, 2017
The Tour Center provides a great environment for college students to learn the basics of customer service through a variety of working situations. Giving tours of the brewery, working in the Gift Shop, and cleaning the workspace gave every worker an opportunity to gain experience in a variety of different tasks.
Pros
Close Work Environent
Long hours and Self direction needed
Specialist Process (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 9, 2016
To get the required workload complete, 90+ hours per week is required. Young trainees are brought in, pushed through and moved up the ladder very quickly.
Pros
Good pay, secondary benefits
Cons
Long hours, move people to fast
Fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CADecember 28, 2016
I was the Supervisor of the Tours/Gift Shop. I was in charge of making sure our guests had a fun yet safe tour of our plant. Would plan the Clydesdale visit, and have everything ready for their arrival. I was also part of the ABET team, which was like a first responder for employees in case of an accident in the plant.
Pros
Met lots of great people
Cons
Stressful at times
Great Benefits
Utilities Operator (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 13, 2016
I start my day by reviewing current conditions in the plants that I am responsible for by monitoring control process equipment and programs. I prepare for daily tasks by reviewing tasks for safety, functional abilities and conditions in plant. I make necessary notifications to plants/units affected (if any) before i proceed. I run boiler water samples, monitor heavy machinery and operate a forklift as needed. During my day, I update the shift turnover of any changes and write work orders through SAP for maintenance to schedule and plan an outage to take care of work. I conduct safety huddles to discuss and make other employees aware of issues in plant. I attend a shift turnover meeting to make the next shift aware of any changes in plants during my shift.
Pros
Free Beer
Cons
Poor Work/Life Balance
New Company Culture
Sales (Current Employee) –  USAJanuary 14, 2016
Company seems to value young college grads with analytic knowledge over actual field experience. Senior management has targets to get these new employees promoted quickly, regardless if they actually perform well. Unless you are a new Ivy league grad, I would not recommend employment at ABI.
Pros
Two cases of Beer per Month
Cons
Work Life Balance, Advancement, Management
we had good amount of time to chat before we start our orders
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJune 26, 2016
i would go in, chat for about an hour with my co-workers, then start our orders. management was great because he would always have a smile on his face and was very friendly.

hardest part of the job would have to be building the orders for the night. the most enjoyable part would have to be riding around on forklifts.
Plenty of opportunities if you're willing to work for it.
Environmental Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2015
A good place to work, or as good as many other businesses these days. Plenty of folks will say it's a different company than prior to 2008 and it probably is, but I joined after the merger.

Possible Upsides - Can honestly say that I like the beer and we get plenty of it. Pretty good culture all around on both hourly and salary. Work with a great team of people that are like family.

Possible Downsides - I don't recall as many meetings at my previous employers. Seems that you can't start something without scheduling a meeting about it.
If you are expecting to work a 9-5 job, this isn't going to be a good fit for you. There is plenty of work to go around and those that put in the time and effort will reap the reward.
Pros
Free beer
Cons
Better love to go to meetings
Good environment for advancing electrical skills
Plant Technician Electrician (Current Employee) –  New Windsor, NYNovember 26, 2016
Good place to stay up on technology. Great deal of opportunity to advance electrical skills even programming of PLC's. Plenty of opportunity to modify and improve equipment.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Difficult schedule to maintain family life
Great pay if you're full time, but little to gain
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GASeptember 28, 2015
They say their main focus is safety but that is so far from the truth. The pay is great but you will not be able to advance without brown nosing every manager and even then there is no guarantee you will be hired on full time. Once you are on full time you have no choice of what shift you work on, so you will be stuff on that shift for 15-20 until senior employees retire or you leave the company. As long as you don't mind that then the benefits are amazing
Pros
Great benefits for full time, great pay
Cons
Little chance for advancement, management is inexperienced, shift preference is not a option
Fun and fast pace enviorment to work in
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CAMarch 9, 2016
Great place to work, environment people and management are great. Company always made family functions because they new that there employees worked long hours and always included family because that was important to the company. After them being sold to a European company and being laid off do not know how employess are treated.
Great company before InBev buyout.
Director of Entertainment Marketing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2015
As Director of Entertainment Marketing I dealt with many companies and individuals in the entertainment industry. A sample of my contacts included movie studio executives, directors, producers, set decorators and prop masters. I dealt with actors, agents and PR personnel in the celebrity outreach program. A typical day involved negotiating product integration placements, entertaining celebrities at many venues in A-B owned sky boxes and suites, attending film festivals in U.S. and overseas. I also managed the personnel at the PR agency working on our account.
The hardest part of the job was working in the office nine hours/day and then entertain 3-4 nights a week until late hours.It was also difficult to work in an industry(entertainment) for a company in another business(beer) as my co-workers often had no insight into my issues/decisions. The best part of the job was negotiating great deals and working with celebrities.
My managers always gave me excellent reviews and one described me as "high performance, low maintenance".
Pros
Good salary, great benefits, autonomy
Cons
Long hours, management differences
Anheuser-Busch InBev
Global Application Architecture (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 30, 2017
Very dynamic company with focus in results.
Clear and measurable targets are the most important thing for the company governance.
The job environment is very informal that helps a lot to learn a lot.
Space Manager
Category Space Manager (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 15, 2017
Good job! You are the contact between the distributor and Anheuser Busch corporate and whatever chain you represent. Most days are spent reviewing sets and making sure packages are earning their keep.
Good lab, was an intern
Brewery Technical Center Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 19, 2016
I was only an intern for the Anheuser-Busch brewery while I was completing school. I worked part time while attending classes. The work load was manageable. The company was going thru an adjustment period to 5S standard. I helped with setting up the lab to 5S standards. I learned a variety of assays, and worked with the bottle as well as the beer. It was a good experience to work here.
Great environment and Great people
Research and Development Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 15, 2016
I enjoy working for this company. It has been a great time getting to know everyone and they compensate well. Great location and is a historic company that everyone can relate to.
productive
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 10, 2017
I worked with a great crew. They really put safety first to makes sure everyone gets through their shift. You get lots of breaks which is great.
Interesting, diverse, and fun
Brand Activation Manager (Current Employee) –  Hudson Valley, NYDecember 8, 2016
Great place to work with great coworkers. On the go attitude, flexibility, organizational skills, and a "do what you have to to get the job done" personality is a REQUIREMENT!
Great place to make money
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  111 Busch Drive,Jacksonville, FL. 32218January 18, 2017
I enjoyed working at the Jacksonville brewery. Employees are nice and will help you out. Training could be better. You work forty plus hours a week.
Pros
money
Cons
Butt kissers
InBev led corporate ideals ruined a good thing
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAJuly 29, 2015
Depending on the job you're looking for there are a series of drawbacks. The overall compensation is fantastic for a job you will most likely get tired of and/or hate. The employees are generally great while the management is insufferably out of touch. The branch manager has been recently replaced which improved the culture to a respectable level. There are a lot of inherent perks working for a global company that has an EMC level box at Fenway, seats at the Garden and numerous events that offer VIP access. If you want to sell your soul for a position as a cog in a machine then this job is for you.
excellent
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 19, 2017
I absolutely love working for this company. I have nothing but good reports about the Anheuser corp or any of its affiliates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anheuser-Busch. Our community is ready to answer.