Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch Employer Reviews

Not Many Benefits for Non Union workers
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Medford, MAAugust 5, 2013
Pros: long breaks
Management isnt in touch with the needs of workers, especially spare workers.
Overall Ok
Operations (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAAugust 4, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: time off
Just never had time off for family, unable to plan life, but overall good company to work for
It was good before the take over.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Carson, CAJuly 29, 2013
Everything was fine before Inbev took over. After that, things changed a lot.
False promises and frustration
Customer Experience Technician (Current Employee), St. Louis MOJuly 27, 2013
Pros: free beer, talking about beer, friendly coworkers
Cons: demanding job, hard to advance, long hours
Worked for over a year as a part time CET. In the role you will be expected to answer hundreds of phone calls a week (thousands over a year) and, most of them are from disgruntled consumers.

I was hired as a part time employee and in my initial interview the hiring managers promised that advancement into full time employment is common and should happen – more... within 1 year. This was not a priority whatsoever and they actually worked me full time (40 hrs) for most of my tenure without having to pay me benefits.

This job will help make you a better communicator and you will talk to every type of person imaginable from the friendly beer drinker to the Ridiculous and insane (literally).

There is also free beer each month and your coworkers are generally really cool and fun people. Management simply cares too much about saving money than taking care of their part time employees and they would prefer to squeeze the most out of you in a short time and burn you out than actually work on developing you into a future talent for other aspects of their business aside from answering the phones.

But the phone keeps ringing and somebody's gotta answer it. – less
Great place to work.
Senior Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 15, 2013
I addressed systems issues for the Corporate Treasury Department. This included minor urgent system fixes and large scale business enhancements. Demanding work environment but worth the effort due to great co-workers, and end user community. Lots of responsibility.
fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kahului, HIJuly 15, 2013
Pros: beer day once a day
Cons: using your own car for do sales calls
Awesome benefits and salary, very rewarding job, great teamwork among each other, managers are always willing to help, cross training among all departments
Not the ideal place to work if you are looking for work/life balance
Manager Category Space - NRS East (C-Store) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2013
Pros: good benefits, company car
Cons: not a good company
Great place to work to gain experience. Work to life balance was horrible though. Expected to be available 24/7. More often than not I was working until 7 or 8pm and my family life suffered. Was expected to be available on weekends, holidays, and even on my vacation. I would not recommend this to any of my friends.
Great company to work for. Work life balance.
CATEGORY SALES MARKET MANAGER (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 3, 2013
I enjoyed my time working with this company. The benefits were amazing. Management made the job very enjoyable.
A great place to work--"Making Friends is Our Business"
Executive Assistant to VP/General Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 27, 2013
While a serious business, many fun people work in this industry. It has changed a lot after being purchased by InBev of Belgium but I remember it in the glory days.
Favorite place to work
Senior Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Wakefield, MAJune 24, 2013
I heard it isnt that great now that ImBev has bought it, but it was my favorite place to work when it still was owned by Anheuser-Busch
good place to make money
Delivery driver/helper (Former Employee), Clinton, OKJune 17, 2013
Pros: free beer/ monster
Cons: not good communication
was a good place to work. not verpeople friendly. every one wasfor themselves
Great Company Culture
Customer Ambassador (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 3, 2013
Fun company culture that involves fun events outside of work with your team.
An awesome opportunity
Graphic Designer/ Poster Shop Supervisor (Former Employee), Queens, NYMay 29, 2013
Being a young man fresh out of school working for a fortune 500 Company was an amazing opportunity. Given the chance to train and manage a couple of employees (4) was also an awesome learning experience. Being older and wiser I would probably approach the position differently. I do however feel that the lack of incentive to continually ramp up production. – more... In the time I spent there I increased the productivity and quality of my Dept. by at least 200% – less
Great company to work for.
Tour Guide (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 27, 2013
Very good company to work for. The pay and benefits in the Tour Guide department aren't that great, but if you work in other areas the company has some great opprotunities.
Productive envrionment where there is always something to do.
Weekend Production Operator (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAMay 21, 2013
Pros: fantastic pay, good benefits
A typical day at work starts with a meeting to find out the tasks for the day/night. Afterwards, work is done individually or as a team depending on the tasks. There is always something to do and sometimes it can be a lot of fun. Driving the forklift, dumping beer, cleaning equipment to safety standards, quality assurance, operating machinery are examples – more... of work done at the plant. – less
It was a productive place to work, kept us busy but managed to be a fun environment.
Sales Representative and Warehouseman (Former Employee), Canton, OHMay 14, 2013
Pros: lots of overtime available
Cons: sacrificing breaks and lunches
A typical day at work included checking at base to review orders that were made with accuracy. Setting out to make delivery to valued accounts. My co workers were fun and we were always helpful to each other. I learned to work as a team. We all had the same ultimate concern, to create a great customer experience for our accounts. The hardest part was – more... the constant driving to make deliveries. – less
Very unprofessional and unorganized
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Eugene, OregonMay 9, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: unorganized company, back breaking work, unprofessional work environment
I was hired on as a Driver Helper. The hiring process took about a month, in my opinion that is way too long to get things in order to hire an employee. I gave up another job opportunity and started to regret it after waiting around for them to finish running a background check for about 4 weeks. My first day they told me to come in around 4am so I – more... did. I was walking around the outside of the work facility for about 10 minutes because they didn't give me any door codes so I had to find someone to let me in. I got into work and I had to look around for the driver I would be helping that day, no one knew who I was supposed to be riding with or how the whole process would work. I walked around for about an hour with another employee trying to find a driver for me. I got to listen to how unprofessional and rude the employees were with each other using curse words "Eff this, eff you you son of a B" and a bunch of other vulgar language and gossip. I guess it was a part of their day to day operations. After a hour of looking for a driver they finally found someone for me to ride with. The day started off very slow, I learned that the driver they put me with had back problems and wasn't allowed to lift much more than 20 pounds. This would mean that I would have to do the bulk of the heavy lifting. In my opinion this was a big mistake. Considering I had no idea how to move product around and had to do alot of it on my own. After dropping off a couple of pallets of product we went on to the 10 other stops. Instead of just dropping off the pallets at a company where a merchandiser would take care of the product I had to personally unload the pallet and put it onto a hand truck and roll it into the store. After a whole day of moving product my driver and I were both worn down. My first day was a 12 hour shift. Another big mistake. Due to such a heavy work load I strained my back and alot of other body parts and decided it wasn't worth the stress on my body to continue working for this company. – less
WEEKENDER - BAD JOB
Brewer/Operator (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COMay 7, 2013
Pros: pay is nice
Cons: no shifts make pay a non-factor.
I worked at AB as a weekender for 5 years. You will NEVER become a full time employee, as they are union and even as people die or retire they fill the gap by combining jobs or adding technology. Even the most dedicated weekender will not become full time. They basically work a person one midnight shift per month, so even if you have no desire to be – more... full time it is not worth it. – less
Great work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St Louis MOApril 21, 2013
Great place to work. Provided Admin Assistance to directors, managers, etc. Supportive management team. Challenged on a daily basis. Co-workers great. Fun place to work until layoffs happened.
Excellent compensation and benefits.
Electrical/Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TexasApril 21, 2013
Pros: size of the company was perfect.
Cons: rotating shifts.
Work days were long but productive. Coworkers were great to work with.

About Anheuser-Busch

Based in St. Louis, Anheuser-Busch is the leading American brewer, holding a 47.6 percent share of U.S. beer sales to retailers. – Read more