Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch Employer Reviews

Good job security but poor management
Group Manager/Intern, Quality Assurance Department (Former Employee), Newark, NJAugust 19, 2013
Good job security but the relationship with low level managers and the union created conflict.
Great people to work with, best in the business.
Category Space Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: company car, travel, corporate card, trade spending accounts, 2 cases of beer per month.
Cons: zero work-life balance, unrealistic work schedules, promotions don't pay the minimums listed on job postings.
At one time a great company, however focus has changed. Most people who enter the company mid level to high management usually turnover quickly because they are not ready for the workload involved. However, those that rise in ranks from sales are given the tools to succeed anywhere. There is no typical day at work, other than working 10 to 14 hour days – more... regularly. If you aren't afraid of the word no and have no problem with hard work then you just might make it in AB. – less
Not Many Benefits for Non Union workers
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Medford, MAAugust 5, 2013
Pros: long breaks
Management isnt in touch with the needs of workers, especially spare workers.
Overall Ok
Operations (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAAugust 4, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: time off
Just never had time off for family, unable to plan life, but overall good company to work for
It was good before the take over.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Carson, CAJuly 29, 2013
Everything was fine before Inbev took over. After that, things changed a lot.
False promises and frustration
Customer Experience Technician (Current Employee), St. Louis MOJuly 27, 2013
Pros: free beer, talking about beer, friendly coworkers
Cons: demanding job, hard to advance, long hours
Worked for over a year as a part time CET. In the role you will be expected to answer hundreds of phone calls a week (thousands over a year) and, most of them are from disgruntled consumers.

I was hired as a part time employee and in my initial interview the hiring managers promised that advancement into full time employment is common and should happen – more... within 1 year. This was not a priority whatsoever and they actually worked me full time (40 hrs) for most of my tenure without having to pay me benefits.

This job will help make you a better communicator and you will talk to every type of person imaginable from the friendly beer drinker to the Ridiculous and insane (literally).

There is also free beer each month and your coworkers are generally really cool and fun people. Management simply cares too much about saving money than taking care of their part time employees and they would prefer to squeeze the most out of you in a short time and burn you out than actually work on developing you into a future talent for other aspects of their business aside from answering the phones.

But the phone keeps ringing and somebody's gotta answer it. – less
Great place to work.
Senior Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 15, 2013
I addressed systems issues for the Corporate Treasury Department. This included minor urgent system fixes and large scale business enhancements. Demanding work environment but worth the effort due to great co-workers, and end user community. Lots of responsibility.
fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kahului, HIJuly 15, 2013
Pros: beer day once a day
Cons: using your own car for do sales calls
Awesome benefits and salary, very rewarding job, great teamwork among each other, managers are always willing to help, cross training among all departments
Not the ideal place to work if you are looking for work/life balance
Manager Category Space - NRS East (C-Store) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2013
Pros: good benefits, company car
Cons: not a good company
Great place to work to gain experience. Work to life balance was horrible though. Expected to be available 24/7. More often than not I was working until 7 or 8pm and my family life suffered. Was expected to be available on weekends, holidays, and even on my vacation. I would not recommend this to any of my friends.
Great company to work for. Work life balance.
CATEGORY SALES MARKET MANAGER (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 3, 2013
I enjoyed my time working with this company. The benefits were amazing. Management made the job very enjoyable.
A great place to work--"Making Friends is Our Business"
Executive Assistant to VP/General Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 27, 2013
While a serious business, many fun people work in this industry. It has changed a lot after being purchased by InBev of Belgium but I remember it in the glory days.
Lots of oppertunities
Category Space Analyst, AEG Contractor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 25, 2013
Much easier to get hired on as AB employee if willing to relocate.
Favorite place to work
Senior Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Wakefield, MAJune 24, 2013
I heard it isnt that great now that ImBev has bought it, but it was my favorite place to work when it still was owned by Anheuser-Busch
An excellent environment to work
Project Manager (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MoJune 18, 2013
A very good company, and the professional environment is nice
good place to make money
Delivery driver/helper (Former Employee), Clinton, OKJune 17, 2013
Pros: free beer/ monster
Cons: not good communication
was a good place to work. not verpeople friendly. every one wasfor themselves
Great Company Culture
Customer Ambassador (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 3, 2013
Fun company culture that involves fun events outside of work with your team.
Excellent environment to work
Project Manager (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MOMay 30, 2013
Working with some other Project Managers and multicultural environment. Assigned to this company from Softtek Integration Systems
An awesome opportunity
Graphic Designer/ Poster Shop Supervisor (Former Employee), Queens, NYMay 29, 2013
Being a young man fresh out of school working for a fortune 500 Company was an amazing opportunity. Given the chance to train and manage a couple of employees (4) was also an awesome learning experience. Being older and wiser I would probably approach the position differently. I do however feel that the lack of incentive to continually ramp up production. – more... In the time I spent there I increased the productivity and quality of my Dept. by at least 200% – less
Great company to work for.
Tour Guide (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 27, 2013
Very good company to work for. The pay and benefits in the Tour Guide department aren't that great, but if you work in other areas the company has some great opprotunities.
Productive envrionment where there is always something to do.
Weekend Production Operator (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAMay 21, 2013
Pros: fantastic pay, good benefits
A typical day at work starts with a meeting to find out the tasks for the day/night. Afterwards, work is done individually or as a team depending on the tasks. There is always something to do and sometimes it can be a lot of fun. Driving the forklift, dumping beer, cleaning equipment to safety standards, quality assurance, operating machinery are examples – more... of work done at the plant. – less

About Anheuser-Busch

Based in St. Louis, Anheuser-Busch is the leading American brewer, holding a 47.6 percent share of U.S. beer sales to retailers. – Read more