Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch Employee Reviews

Fast Paced, Constantly Cutting Costs
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2014
Stressful work environment, systemic issues that management does not care to address. Customer is not priority, management does not follow their own procedures to the detriment of the product.
Forward thinking company with a lot of opportunity for growth.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Canton, OHJuly 6, 2014
The work days went by fast because you were always busy. Anheuser is a company of owners, not just employees. Each manager had a sense of ownership and performed their responsibilities accordingly.

Hardest part of the job was troubleshooting situations if the technology went out. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction and sense of accomplishment we would receive after solving a problem or making an improvement.
Fun job but horrible managment
Driver (Former Employee), Pomona WODJune 16, 2014
Pros: free beer
Cons: hard work no recognition for hard work.
Fellow co workers are great but the overall culture of the company demands to much out of the worker bees. Most managment is young and is nothing more than a yes man to upper managment. If some one calls in sick they just add those stops to someone else not really caring about the work load. Work is hard and pay is whatever, at times expect 15+ stops for a thousand or more cases which on a side loader is handled one by one.
Promoted many times. Company cares about employee's
Assistant Tour Supervisor/VIP Tour Escort (Former Employee), St. Louis MO.June 14, 2014
Pros: once again, i love dealing with people, free food and " beer" to every employee.!!
Cons: tours were mainly outside, therefore the weather was a problem at times.
1962 started as Key punch operator. 1964 -1979 promoted to Human Resources specialist .Hired and trained clerical personnel for managers of company and processed payroll for temp. employees.1979-1993 promoted to Asst. Tour Supervisor/ VIP tour escort. Accountable for all group and private tours through brewery. Hired temp. employees. Managed all permanent and temp. tour staff including bartenders during daily tours Accountable for purchases and control of beer purchases for guest. Helped created " Tour Spiel" for tour guides to learn. This Spiel is still used today at the St. Louis Brewery. 1993 Took early retirement offered by the company.
logistics management
Regional Inventory Process Manager (Current Employee), st. louis moMay 29, 2014
daily management of logistics functions
great co-workers, engaged
several meetings
several opportunities to learn
Super Fun Place to Work with Great Pay
DraftMark Field Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 26, 2014
Pros: make your own schedule
Cons: very little job security
My typical day from Monday to Thursday was basically planning for events on the weekends, driving to liquor stores in the area and checking the stock of beer, and talking with distributors about any concerns.

Management was great…the only downside was they weren't in complete control over the decisions made by the CEO's of AB.

The hardest part of the job was making sure the distributors ordered more beer and the beer was in code at each liquor store.
brewery
Brewer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 8, 2014
brewery world wide beer distribution. didn't like it. good ol boys club.
Very Stable Company, Very good pay & benefits, not so great management
Electrical and Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAApril 25, 2014
Pros: great pay & benefits, large well known stable company
Cons: not so great management, does not care about employees
This is a very hard position/job to aquire. The pay and benefits are above excellent. The management is OK overall, but you do not feel secure in your position and they did not treat me fairly in an incident. I had the 1st ever, in my 20 year career in this field or even longer working career, an unfortunate accident where I somehow fell into the floor from a walking position & obtained a serious head injury and spent a few months in hospital & rehab therapy to recover from. I was 5 months into a 6 month probation, so I was terminated & they made up false claim of being unsafe to cover theirselves with their corporate. I think they should have worked with me better to return to my job instead of falsifing safety claim & terminating me. I regret ever having took this job.
used to be a great place to work
Group Manager (Former Employee), columbus, ohioApril 25, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: long hours
Used to be a great place to work b4 they were bought out. dont care about quality
Great Place for Work Experience
Co-op (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 9, 2014
Pros: 3 day weekends, reasonable hours, young small staff
Cons: 4 ten hour shifts throughout week, work holidays without holiday pay
This place has taught me many skills that cannot be taught in class. I've learned about true project management which includes time management, organization, and communcation. I've also learned a lot about troubleshooting, decision making and teamwork within a company. As a co-op, I have definitely benefitted from all of the experience that I have gained working for AB.
good job
weekend warrior (Former Employee), baldwinsville,nyApril 3, 2014
Pros: wages
Cons: no cons
unloaded conveyors and loaded trucks.i learned how to drive twin fork forklifts and how to clean lines.management told you what they expected and made sure you knew how to do it.co-workers were great.the hardest part of the job was learning new jobs.i most enjoyed the possibility of getting hired full time.
Engaging work environment
Contemporary Marketing Team Representative (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 17, 2014
Maintain required call frequency on assigned key contemporary adult accounts to include developing and planning promotional activities, booking and installing point of sale, etc.
Plan, coordinate and implement the local execution of national and geographic marketing in key contemporary adult accounts.
Present ideas and information on A-B products to retailers and customers through sampling and education.
Execute evening and weekend promotions as necessary.
Sell in new brands and packages including activities to support sell through.
Perform all necessary administrative duties relevant to position (i.e.: tracking reports, promotional recaps, expense reports, etc.).
Build rapport and interact with consumers.
Comply with all legal guidelines, WEA agreement and A-B standards and policies.
Business Analyst (internship) (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAMarch 14, 2014
I worked as an business analyst at one of there theme parks while pursuing an MBA.
Great place become just place of employment .
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 3, 2014
Free beer most enjoyable part of job.
Good compensation.
Good co-workers.
Best Company I ever worked for
Zone Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: basically nothing
Simply the BEST company I ever worked for with an Incredible History. Everyday was a learning experience working with a diverse group of incredibly devoted people. I was taught the history of the beer business, selling, distribution, marketing skills as well as customer service. All of my co-workers were extraordinary. The hardest part of my job was during my last position with A-B. I pretty much lived out of a suitcase but that was OK as I got to meet more extraordinary people. The most enjoyable part was the training! The company left NO stoned unturned to create an Excellence of the Reputation of the legacy of Anheuser-Busch. They were and had been #1 for a LONG time. They required you to be the best in every aspect of your life.
A more open environment than I was use to at the lab.
Data Analyst/Desktop Support (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: the monthly give aways.
Cons: it was only a temporary assignment.
The best part was the research. I had to locate former distributors and sellers of their products. We used longitude and latitude to locate a site. I now realize it for a future sale of the company. They also rolled out a new inventory tracking program for their distributors. I enjoyed walking the users, over the phone, through the new program. My co-workers were great. I found a women in a different department to walk with at lunch. It really is amazing to see the Clydesdale horses up front and personal.
great co workers
Order Puller / Warehouse (Current Employee), Riverside, CAFebruary 18, 2014
managers need more people skills.
simple task.
no exact work schedual
Energenic
Director of Operations/Operations Manager (Former Employee), Arlington Hts, ILFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: rewarding workplace
28 delivery routes needed to be loaded daily and all routes needed to be delivered by 28 experienced drivers. CITY Beverage/Anheuser Busch was always a fun and rewarding workplace. There were always challenges but everyone knew their part.
Fun, Amazing place to work
Process Support Brewing Group Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: free beer, very competitive salary, fun, young, dynamic, newest technology, great training
Cons: shift work, work/life balance
My experience with AB (prior to AB-inBEV) was great. The culture was fun, continuous improvement, hard workers with type A personalities - work hard play hard to it's finest. Quality of the product was top notch, and if quality was ever in question, the product would be downgraded.
Great work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free beer!
Working here brought forth the meaning of bringing tradition forward. Anheuser-Busch is built on tradition and quality and it is proven by the 'inside workings' of this company.

About Anheuser-Busch

Based in St. Louis, Anheuser-Busch is the leading American brewer, holding a 47.6 percent share of U.S. beer sales to retailers. – Read more

Anheuser-Busch Salaries