Animal Clinic Northview Employee Reviews

Current Employee
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 20, 2016
Animal Clinic Northview is a High energy fast paced place to work, Everyday is a new learning experience, Every one is very compassionate in what they do always willing to help others. Whether its a common exam or a Euthanasia we all come together for what is best for the client, a shoulder to cry on or a smiley face.

When you work for Animal clinic northview you are working with a family.

Get to learn the clients by a first name basis, learn about their lives and the lives of their pets.

All and All a very good place to work :)
Pros
On site surgery center/ Pharmacy/ Individual care plans
24/7 365 "Great Medicine" Practice
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHMay 20, 2016
I have worked for Animal Clinic Northview for 5 years. We are a fast pace and rapidly growing clinic. We see a wide range of animals from cats & dogs to chameleons & bald eagles. Each of our 14 doctors bring life to the clinic with their passionate care and individual focuses. We pride ourselves in outstanding patient care, which we could not achieve without excellent teamwork. Working at Animal Clinic Northview will keep you on your toes and learning something new every day. The most rewarding part of the job is seeing patients and clients satisfied and well taken care of. Our pets are our family and we believe it is important to treat each and every one of them like our own. The hardest part of the job is letting go when the time comes. We get to know our patients and clients so well that their emotions become ours. We sympathize with them and we grieve with them. Overall Animal Clinic Northview has taught me a lot and I am a proud and dedicated employee.
Pros
Health Insurance, 401K, Life Insurance, Uniforms Provided, Sick & Vacation Time, Raises, Holiday Bonus
Proud Past Employee
RVT (Former Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OhioJune 4, 2015
I am proud to say that I have worked at Animal Clinic Northview. The doctors and technicians are very knowledgeable and everyone works well together to help care for the patients. They work closely with referral hospitals and outside labs to help do everything possible to help keep patients healthy.

The pay is a bit low but in this field that's across the board. What they lack for in pay they make up for with benefits. Healthcare, dental, 401k and pet benefits are extremely helpful. They also cover uniform cost, CE hours and your RVT license renewal.

The communication can be difficult but there are 15+ doctors and 80+ employees so I can imagine it's hard keeping everyone happy and on the same page.
Pros
Great doctors, amazing technicians, the benefits are fantastic, learn a ton every day
Cons
Poor communication skills between everyone
Poor managment but a nice place to work
Head of Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHFebruary 27, 2014
I arrive at 730am and work until 4 pm. I learned the ins and outs of veterinarian medicine. Dosages for animals based on weight in kg, The management was awful. Many double standards for multiple people. The manager took a vacation at least once a month leaving no one else in charge. Employees were not charged fairly for services. The co-workers were wonderful. Everyone got along great and helped out where it was needed. The hardest part of the job was knowing that at any given time the practice manager could make your day turn awful depending on the mood she was in, if she was even there that day. The most enjoyable part of the Clinic was getting to work with a great team of doctors, techs , staff and getting to help animals.
Benefits
Cons
Unethical managment. Poor managment
Doctors are Amazing and Compationate!
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OhioOctober 5, 2012
The clients and patients are Great! The skills you learn from the Doctors are unbeatable! If you work hard and smart the Doctors will appreciate you.
Pros
information, skills and a chance to do things you can't other places
Cons
low wages, no rewards for hard work, communication lacking
Never a dull moment.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHNovember 6, 2012
Reproduction
Laposcopy
DVMs of Integrity
RVTs of Excellence
Support Staff Extrordinaire
If you want experience and no management then work here!
RVT (Former Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OhioJuly 8, 2014
The management makes promises for days off, wages, and advances in your career you don't ever see. If you work here "good luck". Use this place as a stepping stone and QUICKLY move on. A lot of the staff is wonderful to work with, some of the doctors have a hard time admitting they misdiagnosed something and they never refer cases to specialists when they are in over their heads! (Which means the pet suffers) Some of these doctors also tend to call or classify themselves as specialists, that they are not! Big difference in the two!!! The technicians tend to do what they want when they want. The lack of supervision is a huge problem and unfortunately once again the pet pays the price by being misdiagnosed, treatments not being done, multiple attempts at iv cath placement and being poked multiple times for blood draws. I saw a technician overdose a dog that was there for a pyo treatment and the dog died, a technician marked the wrong progesterone test results for the wrong patient and the wrong dog was cut for an ai, the list goes on and the technicians who have made these mistakes still work there. Take this information and do what you will, just don't let all the bells and whistles suck you in. If you do decide to give this a shot, remember the technician code of ethics and stick to your guns.
Pros
Good place to "shadow", wide variety of breeds, different experience, interesting cases
Cons
no management, bad pay, abuse on employees, misdiagnosis

2.9