Animal Health Center Employee Reviews in United States

Place is closed
Veterinarian Tech (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 14, 2016
The place closed last year, due to health of owner of business. I still have to write a review for it.
awful people to work with
Veterinary Asst (Former Employee) –  West End, NCMarch 17, 2016
no teamwork among employees, terrible or no management, no benefits, no advancement . staff is not courteous to clients and talks badly behind their backs.
Veterinarian Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2015
stressfull days
advanced medecine and procedures
management needs improvement
co-workers amicable
(Unsanitary envioment )
enjoyable part Loving care for animals
Pros
educational
Cons
unappreicated
Productive and fun workplace
kennel tech (Former Employee) –  Crsetview, FlApril 19, 2015
Very friendly and non stressful environment. Reasonable length lunch breaks. (1hr-1 1/2 hrs) Most enjoyable part of the job is getting down time to spend with the animals in the kennels.
Loved it here
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 8, 2014
BUSY BUT LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS JOB. A lot of physical activity.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Love animals, dream job
Veterinarian Technician (Former Employee) –  New Village, NJDecember 3, 2013
This was a job I really enjoyed due to the my love and commitment to animal care. Only left to become full time mom,,
business closed
General Manager / Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 21, 2013
business closed
consisted of pet supply retail outlets
owner retired
An interesting and a rewarding job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 7, 2013
Open up office, receive pets due for bathing or surgery and place them in back room cages. Answer phone, call appointment reminders, assist doctors with clean up and medicine count.
I learned how to empathize with clients and what to say and what not to say when helping them with their pets. The management was superb. The doctors were wonderful to work for as well as the coworkers. The hardest part of the job was removing grumpy cats from their cages that were not de-clawed. The most enjoyable part was greeting people with their pets and making them feel welcome and comfortable.
Pros
situated near a canal - very nice to eat lunch outside
Cons
occasional fleas, occasional bad tempered dogs or cats
Productive workplace
Kennel Technician/Veterinarian Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 3, 2013
A typical day of work would consist of letting all of the animals out first thing in the morning as well as making sure all treatments/medicines were given in a timely manner. Make sure that everything is ready for the day such as: vaccinations are drawn, exam rooms are clean, surgery area is ready in case of an emergency. Other duties would be to hold the animals for the doctor to exam, running tests, taking xrays when needed, and completing dentals. The hardest part of the job would be trying to restrain a large animal that is struggling against you. Everyone in the clinic worked together to make sure that each and every animal was taken care of and received everything it needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help sick or injured animals get their health back.
Very great place to work
Vet Technician (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALFebruary 11, 2013
I enojoyed working for this company. I was front desk, and felt very confident in my skills. I loved the staff at the Animal health center and we always got along, and got the job done.
I love being able to interact with all of the patients and their animals and making sure their every need is met, and that they are happy with their visit.
Pros
staff, lunch break, caring doctors
Cons
no cons
Used to be fun workplace
Office Coordinator / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 5, 2013
Answer phones talk with clients help with pets.Did all the product ordering ,spoke with and handled all pharm reps,did all filing,entered all medical files in to computer.Hardest part of job was keeping the other employees on task.Most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with all the diffrent people and being able to help them with there pets and their needs .
Fun workplace while I further expanded my knowledge in the veterinary field.
Veterinary Assistant/Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJanuary 4, 2013
Great workplace, fun people and professional. Fast-paced and enjoyable. Good team leaders and each employee had strong work ethic and ability to work well together.
fun work environment
Veterinarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSNovember 13, 2012
A typical day included maintenance of several hundred animals. I learned about all types of medical care for animals, how to handle patients in exams and exam rooms, and how to handle patient files. Management was relaxed, but stern when business needed to be done. My co-workers were always helpful and involved. The hardest part of the job was getting over the fear of some of the more aggressive animals. The most enjoyable part of the job was just being able to spend time with different animals on a daily basis.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALJuly 16, 2012
I answer phones, communicate with clients/co-workers, billing, etc. I enjoy all of it.
Hard work, but great co-workers and lots of hours.
Kennel Girl (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORJune 10, 2012
A typical day at work consisted of me walking dogs that were boarding or there for treatment at the clinic and then caring for the animals by cleaning and switching their cages as well as feeding them their assigned diet and medication. I also was in charge of cleaning the clinic after hours and helping out with anything that the vetrinary staff needed. I learned a lot about the hard work it takes to maintain a healthy and sterile environment for housing sick and boarding animals at a vetrinary clinic. The staff that worked at the Animal Health Center was very positive, but often overworked by the owners. The owners had very high expectations for their employees, often being inconsiderate of all that they do. The hardest part of the job was the excessive hours and the continuous manual labor involved and expected of you. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the animals and feeling like you've made a difference helping the clients and working around such a talented staff.
Pros
working with various animals, people, and the staff.
Cons
no breaks, poor management, a lot of manual labor/hours