Animal Health International Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and goal oriented
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAJanuary 19, 2016
There were a lot of wonderful and helpful people working at the company during my employment. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers. The job was not difficult because there was a lot of help if needed.
Pros
Great schedule and benifits
Cons
Store closure
Productive but not professional
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAMarch 15, 2016
The work and job Is great. Supervisors tend to talk down on employees, belittle and harass them. Management tends to ignore these situations.
Pros
job itself is great.
Cons
Harrasments
Great place to work but no advancement opportunities
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXMay 9, 2016
Great place to work but there is a lot of discrimination at this place.

Its sad such a great company is in the wrong hands. Great benefits.
Very challeging yet interesting job
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Greeley ColoradoAugust 11, 2015
In a typical day of work for me includes many things. I usually start very early in the morning checking the previous days sales on SAP/BW. I then start to prepare for the day mapping out what clinics/stores I am visiting that day. Once ready and out the door this is when my day truly starts. There is more to this job than just visiting with clients/prospects. So much preparation goes into this job I sometimes work 7 days a week. Its deciding what promos will I bring to the table to each client, what questions do I need to ask to find out more information or lead me to something they may be looking for that will allow me to make a sale. What, if any, prospects are there in the area I can stop at today? On top of all that, the visiting of clients/prospects, there are phone calls. Phone calls of clients who have received wrong product, incorrect billing, ones not happy, and those that are simply just wanting to place an order. Everyday is different. Some days are good, then there are those days you wish you just stayed in bed. On top of all this you face the trials of distribution. Companies being bought by companies. Companies downsizing and you wonder what will tomorrow bring. There are good things though. It is a challenge and sometimes a fun one. You set your plan, you make your schedule, you don't face your boss everyday (although he is just a phone call away). The friends you make are truly amazing. Not only the friends you make through your clientele, but also through your co-workers. The trips we get to take together, and meeting we get to attend. This is what makes getting  more... out of bed on those bad days easier sometimes.  less
Pros
work vehicle, expenses paid (hotels, meals, cell phone), all expense paid trips, benefits
Cons
7 day a week job, very competitive, poor training, territorial issues
Look elsewhere!!! Ask them why so many people are gone or leaving!
Past employee (Former Employee) –  West of the MississippiJune 2, 2014
The company's integrity (or better- lack there of) is that of telling you what grand ideas and dreams they have and blows smoke to make you believe it. They are way out of their league in Animal Health as far as management and top officials, inventory management, e-commerce and so forth. AHI doesn't even have a catalog!!! Territories and budget goals are unrealistic and unobtainable and the compensation keeps changing only to benefit the company and NOT the employee. There are some great people there, but they are also looking to get out and work for a company with a good reputation to the accounts and their manufacturer partners.
If you want to work for a dysfunctional company that will tell you how good you're doing one minute and then fire you the next without any notice.... then good luck! Do NOT drink the cool-aid!
Pros
car, and decent benefits
Cons
un-realistic goals, low pay, extreeme expectations as to relating to goals, lack of good management, company makes it hard for accounts to do business, no integrity
Overall good Employer
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fallon, NVDecember 12, 2014
I started at Animal Health International in 2013 and just recently was let go (under good terms) due to location closure. The management was helpful and worked hard to improve aspects of the company. Good benefits and healthcare plans. Would recommend to applicants.
good company for someone in agrculture industry
Territory Manager - Upstate NY (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 8, 2014
Good company if you have a background in agriculture or veterinary experience. Be prepared for extensive travel.
Pros
company car
Cons
compensation
No room for growth
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 2, 2015
Unloading trailers, sorting merchandise, palletizing
Managers were not around to supervise
My co-workers worked together efficiently
The work environment was very hot, A/C was not fixed.
Pros
The co-workers are team players
Cons
No job growth, company relocated, no job security
productive and good place to work
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  visalia californiaSeptember 2, 2015
it a good place to work at. The co-workers are all respectful to each other. The management team also does a great job. I like that we get breaks so we can get some fresh air and drink water and just relax our body for a short few minutes.
Pros
alot hours
Cons
na
Upper management great, their subordinates horrible.
office clerk (Former Employee) –  ceres. caMay 7, 2014
Hired after a recent merger and accepted a position offered as being a customer service rep. The title change and responsibility switches were never given to me. I was suddenly a clerk and a filer and there wasn't enough work to keep me busy. I was also told "not to talk to customers" What?
Then they hired another "clerk", who suddenly became buddies with a not-so-young woman who was my supervisor. There was not enough work for 1 person, much less two.
When I approached my manager, he was sympathetic and surprised that this was going on. Frankly, I think this woman was given way too much authority and was not very mature or intelligent enough to make it work in a positive manner for the company. She had a 'tribe' of 'co-dependents' whispering and giggling like little girls.
I've since learned she has been put out of the range of her previous set of responsibilities and does not supervise anyone.
I did retain a couple of great contacts and a nice friend I keep in touch with, but other than that, when offered another job - I ran.
I opted not to take the benefits which were minimal and the cost was going to be more than I could afford. There was only minor financial contribution to my health insurance and the balance to cover me and my dependents would take almost half my paycheck.
It's a 'good old boy' network' and will probably stay that way.
Pros
some really nice people who weren't around as often as i wish they were.
Cons
poor supervisor, lack of training, no sight of anything changing
Not a fun place to work everybody donot have to do there job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 31, 2013
Wraehouse,how to use some soft ware on warehouse pc.Low paying job salary not fair with long time co -workers
Treats employees like a commodity
Warehouse Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lago Vista, TXJune 19, 2013
Workig in this warehouse is pleasant as I have built a solid team that gets the job done efficiently and has fun at work and with each other. Continual over promising and under delivering to employees from Corporate hurts moral causing some tension in the workplace. When I started the work-day was from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. M-F and after re-building the team to its current staff our days are 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. M-TH and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Friday with more volume! End of the day (4:30) is greatest challenge as we get slammed with pick tickets that are trying to get out same day causing a mad dash in the warehouse to get them picked, checked, and packed for UPS to pickup between 5 - 5:30 p.m.
Pros
have built a solid team
Cons
no advancement opportunity for employees
Was able to work with supervisor that was with me at PVP
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee) –  12702 Westport Parkway LaVista Ne 68138February 27, 2013
Animal Health International had a different culture than what my clinics and myself were used to from PVP. I did learn a new ordering system SAP. I was with the people that I worked with at PVP even the manager that was nice. Hardest part of the job was getting my clinics through more changes. There was alot of resistance this was the second time in less than 2 years that myself and my clinics would have to make adjustments. I was very good at my postition and was successful at keeping the majority of my clinics on board with me. I was let go from AHI in June 2012 because of overlap in my territory. I still am in contact with many of the friends I made at the clinics.
Pros
working in the field i studied animal science with good friends
Cons
merger and overlap of territory
Multicultural
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 25, 2015
The hardest part of this job is dealing with people who have no concept of agriculture, ranching, and farming. This is not an industry that is run solely by technology. It is one of the last bastions of people versus people
Pros
Opportunity to use people skills
Cons
Way too much emphasis on the all-mighty dollar.
Productive warehouse
Warehouse Receiver (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 9, 2012
My job mostly consists of receiving animal health products. It requires a lot of detail because we track lot numbers and expiration dates. Unfortunately, the management doesn't manage very well.
Probably the most frustrating part of my job is when companies fail to send packing slips with their products. It slows down the receiving process. The best part is lunch because we can rest.
Pros
we sometimes have sales reps that bring us lunch.
Cons
warehouse is not air conditioned so it is sometimes 115 degrees in there.
warm, friendly, helpful, team and family oriented
Accounts Receivable Associate II (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXMay 10, 2012
Heavy work load especially toward the end of the month which I enjoyed. My manager was a dream from heaven and my co-workers were like a second family. Hardest part of the job was the intense stress on close and the most enjoyable part was the satisfaction received from doing a job well done. Our AR dept before the current staff was hired did not have the reputation of being efficient - it does now. We have been told by our manager and by many of the divisions that we rock!
Pros
breakfast every friday, half days before holiday weekends, beautiful building, always busy, pleasant people to work with.
Cons
46 mile round trip to commute, owner sold compay
Team Lead
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 13, 2015
My typical day at work consisted of making sure the work came in and went out in a neat and timely matter.. I have learned a lot from this company, within a month working for Animal Health I have been promoted to team lead thanks to the dedication I had put in to learn everything I could . The most enjoyable part of this job was the constant learning and being busy and my coworkers we all worked together to insure we all did the best we could.
Not a good place to work
Field service tech (Former Employee) –  texasFebruary 19, 2014
Avoid the field service tech position in the panhandle at all costs. company will leave you with no training and the nearest support is a couple hours away. You will have to purchase your own parts and expense it because they will not set up accounts locally for you. You are on an island and working on substandard and poorly designed equipment that always plugs up. You will get the blame for their incompetence in design and be alone working many dangerous situations like 2 inches water on the floor and high voltage lines chewed through by rats at your feet. Work is performed in subzero temps at times. The person who will train you will sabotage your systems remotely in order to justify his large number of hours in overtime coming from his area. The company will not back you and keep this cycle with the same person training. You will be one of a long list of employees in the past who have tried to take over accounts in the area from the 20 year employee. In the end you will be made to look bad and realize the job is a joke. The will tell you it takes 4 years to get good as a field tech, give you one month training and blame you for their poorly designed equipment in dairies and feed yards. leaving was the best thing I did this year. Good luck if you avoid this advice.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
no win situation and therefore lack of job security.
8-5 job
Associate Buyer (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 25, 2014
Worked very hard 8-5 Monday thru Friday. Learned the value of good management.
Love the atmosphere
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTJuly 1, 2014
I love working with animals and learning something new every day. Typical day at work for me is answering phone calls, putting in orders to be delivered or shipped. I get along with everyone, my co- workers are great to work with. I love interacting with the customers.
Pros
a insdustry that i love
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Animal Health International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3