Animal Health International

Animal Health International United States Employee Reviews

Team Lead
Team Lead (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAJanuary 13, 2015
My typical day at work consisted of making sure the work came in and went out in a neat and timely matter.. I have learned a lot from this company, within a month working for Animal Health I have been promoted to team lead thanks to the dedication I had put in to learn everything I could . The most enjoyable part of this job was the constant learning and being busy and my coworkers we all worked together to insure we all did the best we could.
Overall good Employer
Material Handler (Former Employee), Fallon, NVDecember 12, 2014
I started at Animal Health International in 2013 and just recently was let go (under good terms) due to location closure. The management was helpful and worked hard to improve aspects of the company. Good benefits and healthcare plans. Would recommend to applicants.
good company for someone in agrculture industry
Territory Manager - Upstate NY (Current Employee), Greeley, CONovember 8, 2014
Pros: company car
Cons: compensation
Good company if you have a background in agriculture or veterinary experience. Be prepared for extensive travel.
8-5 job
Associate Buyer (Current Employee), Greeley, COOctober 25, 2014
Worked very hard 8-5 Monday thru Friday. Learned the value of good management.
Productive company learning new things on a daily basis
Data Entry (Current Employee), Greeley, ColoradoOctober 16, 2014
This was a busy atmosphere with a constant flow of invoices to be handled on a daily basis. People worked hard with little time for socializing due to the workload.

People got along and tried to have a positive atmosphere to work in.
Love the atmosphere
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Spanish Fork, UTJuly 1, 2014
Pros: a insdustry that i love
Cons: pay
I love working with animals and learning something new every day. Typical day at work for me is answering phone calls, putting in orders to be delivered or shipped. I get along with everyone, my co- workers are great to work with. I love interacting with the customers.
nothing
Delivery driver/Material (Former Employee), Ceres, CAJune 9, 2014
nothing to say about this. The original owners sold the company and they dont treat the employees like the original owners.
Look elsewhere!!! Ask them why so many people are gone or leaving!
Past employee (Former Employee), West of the MississippiJune 2, 2014
Pros: car, and decent benefits
Cons: un-realistic goals, low pay, extreeme expectations as to relating to goals, lack of good management, company makes it hard for accounts to do business, no integrity
The company's integrity (or better- lack there of) is that of telling you what grand ideas and dreams they have and blows smoke to make you believe it. They are way out of their league in Animal Health as far as management and top officials, inventory management, e-commerce and so forth. AHI doesn't even have a catalog!!! Territories and budget goals are unrealistic and unobtainable and the compensation keeps changing only to benefit the company and NOT the employee. There are some great people there, but they are also looking to get out and work for a company with a good reputation to the accounts and their manufacturer partners.
If you want to work for a dysfunctional company that will tell you how good you're doing one minute and then fire you the next without any notice.... then good luck! Do NOT drink the cool-aid!
Upper management great, their subordinates horrible.
office clerk (Former Employee), ceres. caMay 7, 2014
Pros: some really nice people who weren't around as often as i wish they were.
Cons: poor supervisor, lack of training, no sight of anything changing
Hired after a recent merger and accepted a position offered as being a customer service rep. The title change and responsibility switches were never given to me. I was suddenly a clerk and a filer and there wasn't enough work to keep me busy. I was also told "not to talk to customers" What?
Then they hired another "clerk", who suddenly became buddies with a not-so-young woman who was my supervisor. There was not enough work for 1 person, much less two.
When I approached my manager, he was sympathetic and surprised that this was going on. Frankly, I think this woman was given way too much authority and was not very mature or intelligent enough to make it work in a positive manner for the company. She had a 'tribe' of 'co-dependents' whispering and giggling like little girls.
I've since learned she has been put out of the range of her previous set of responsibilities and does not supervise anyone.
I did retain a couple of great contacts and a nice friend I keep in touch with, but other than that, when offered another job - I ran.
I opted not to take the benefits which were minimal and the cost was going to be more than I could afford. There was only minor financial contribution to my health insurance and the balance to cover me and my dependents would take almost half my paycheck.
It's a 'good old boy' network' and will probably stay that way.
Very challenging , but made alot of life long relationships there.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 6, 2014
Pros: lot's of free lunches from vendors
Cons: the decision to close okc
We were bought out and after building a new 100,000 sq ft facility in Roanoke , Texas they decided to close the OKC branch many people lost their jobs , it was very sad.
Not a good place to work
Field service tech (Former Employee), texasFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: no win situation and therefore lack of job security.
Avoid the field service tech position in the panhandle at all costs. company will leave you with no training and the nearest support is a couple hours away. You will have to purchase your own parts and expense it because they will not set up accounts locally for you. You are on an island and working on substandard and poorly designed equipment that always plugs up. You will get the blame for their incompetence in design and be alone working many dangerous situations like 2 inches water on the floor and high voltage lines chewed through by rats at your feet. Work is performed in subzero temps at times. The person who will train you will sabotage your systems remotely in order to justify his large number of hours in overtime coming from his area. The company will not back you and keep this cycle with the same person training. You will be one of a long list of employees in the past who have tried to take over accounts in the area from the 20 year employee. In the end you will be made to look bad and realize the job is a joke. The will tell you it takes 4 years to get good as a field tech, give you one month training and blame you for their poorly designed equipment in dairies and feed yards. leaving was the best thing I did this year. Good luck if you avoid this advice.
Fun loving place to work
Credit Assistant (Former Employee), Westlake, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: free breakfast every friday
Cons: no cons
Exciting and fun place to work. I was accurately taught to run credit reports for potential customers. The people were very willing to help me learn new job requirements.
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee), Garden City, KSJanuary 11, 2014
A typical work day consist of calling on 8-10 accounts in the field and making sure the customer has the product the need in a timely manner.
Great Company to work for
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Greeley, COAugust 26, 2013
Animal Health was a great company to work for, the people I have worked with are a great group wish I was back with them
Treats employees like a commodity
Warehouse Operations Manager (Current Employee), Lago Vista, TXJune 19, 2013
Pros: have built a solid team
Cons: no advancement opportunity for employees
Workig in this warehouse is pleasant as I have built a solid team that gets the job done efficiently and has fun at work and with each other. Continual over promising and under delivering to employees from Corporate hurts moral causing some tension in the workplace. When I started the work-day was from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. M-F and after re-building the team to its current staff our days are 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. M-TH and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Friday with more volume! End of the day (4:30) is greatest challenge as we get slammed with pick tickets that are trying to get out same day causing a mad dash in the warehouse to get them picked, checked, and packed for UPS to pickup between 5 - 5:30 p.m.
NOT A FUN PLACE TO WORK EVERYBODY DONOT HAVE TO DO THERE JOB
Material Handler (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 31, 2013
WRAEHOUSE,HOW TO USE SOME SOFT WARE ON WAREHOUSE PC.LOW PAYING JOB SALARY NOT FAIR WITH LONG TIME CO -WORKERS
Was able to work with supervisor that was with me at PVP
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee), 12702 Westport Parkway LaVista Ne 68138February 27, 2013
Pros: working in the field i studied animal science with good friends
Cons: merger and overlap of territory
Animal Health International had a different culture than what my clinics and myself were used to from PVP. I did learn a new ordering system SAP. I was with the people that I worked with at PVP even the manager that was nice. Hardest part of the job was getting my clinics through more changes. There was alot of resistance this was the second time in less than 2 years that myself and my clinics would have to make adjustments. I was very good at my postition and was successful at keeping the majority of my clinics on board with me. I was let go from AHI in June 2012 because of overlap in my territory. I still am in contact with many of the friends I made at the clinics.
Productive warehouse
Warehouse Receiver (Current Employee), Ocala, FLDecember 9, 2012
Pros: we sometimes have sales reps that bring us lunch.
Cons: warehouse is not air conditioned so it is sometimes 115 degrees in there.
My job mostly consists of receiving animal health products. It requires a lot of detail because we track lot numbers and expiration dates. Unfortunately, the management doesn't manage very well.
Probably the most frustrating part of my job is when companies fail to send packing slips with their products. It slows down the receiving process. The best part is lunch because we can rest.
warm, friendly, helpful, team and family oriented
Accounts Receivable Associate II (Former Employee), Westlake, TXMay 10, 2012
Pros: breakfast every friday, half days before holiday weekends, beautiful building, always busy, pleasant people to work with.
Cons: 46 mile round trip to commute, owner sold compay
Heavy work load especially toward the end of the month which I enjoyed. My manager was a dream from heaven and my co-workers were like a second family. Hardest part of the job was the intense stress on close and the most enjoyable part was the satisfaction received from doing a job well done. Our AR dept before the current staff was hired did not have the reputation of being efficient - it does now. We have been told by our manager and by many of the divisions that we rock!
Fun place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 17, 2012
Great place to work and learn. Work was rewarding and fun. Working with customers from all over the united States.

About Animal Health International

Animal Health International Inc., through its wholly owned subsidiary, Walco International, Inc. and Kane Veterinary Supplies, – Read more

Animal Health International Photos