Animal Health International Employee Reviews

Stressful and hostile environment but great sales task force.
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 10, 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the sales team in the field. They are the best.
Worst part is Management. I have 4 different managers in the year because they quit or transfer out of dept. Roll over is high. people quit after a year or before. It is like rats abandoning the ship. No one knows exactly how things work or what do. It is always "NOT MY JOB" Too stressful and high lofty goals. Little to no communication. this place is a cover my butt
and throw anyone under the bus they can. A lot of employees are hostile. Currently seeking other opportunities.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Almost Everything
wonderful place
Receiver Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 28, 2017
i love this job everyone was great the building was neat and clean this was not hard was happy to go to work but the day they was about to hired me full time the big man came in and said they was moving to Blythewood South Carolina
Productive work place
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Southern, WIMay 9, 2017
You are allowed to go about your day to day activities and do you're job. Communication isn't always the greatest between corporate and the sales force.
if you stay to yourself you will be fine.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Kirby, TXMarch 24, 2017
the team lead as well as the employees are not so great. if you want to have a conversation with some of the employees (DONT) they will start drama and it will begin with he said she said things and the lead will join in with them.
Fun to work, good friends
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDFebruary 22, 2017
i enjoyed working there at first but i could not get along with a co-worker she was getting into my personal life , she was rude making it hard for me to succeed in my job, put me down and belittled me.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Unfriendly poor pay
INVENTORY CONTROL CLERK (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2016
i would not tell anyone to work for animal health international they don't treat the employees good at all. The company is family related they don't care what your situation is they want you there when you are supposed to be there. they don't pay well at all, have horrible management.
Great place to work but no advancement opportunities
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXMay 9, 2016
Great place to work but there is a lot of discrimination at this place.

Its sad such a great company is in the wrong hands. Great benefits.
Productive but not professional
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAMarch 15, 2016
The work and job Is great. Supervisors tend to talk down on employees, belittle and harass them. Management tends to ignore these situations.
Pros
job itself is great.
Cons
Harrasments
Productive and goal oriented
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAJanuary 19, 2016
There were a lot of wonderful and helpful people working at the company during my employment. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers. The job was not difficult because there was a lot of help if needed.
Pros
Great schedule and benifits
Cons
Store closure
No room for growth
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 2, 2015
Unloading trailers, sorting merchandise, palletizing
Managers were not around to supervise
My co-workers worked together efficiently
The work environment was very hot, A/C was not fixed.
Pros
The co-workers are team players
Cons
No job growth, company relocated, no job security
productive and good place to work
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  visalia californiaSeptember 2, 2015
it a good place to work at. The co-workers are all respectful to each other. The management team also does a great job. I like that we get breaks so we can get some fresh air and drink water and just relax our body for a short few minutes.
Pros
alot hours
Cons
na
Very challeging yet interesting job
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Greeley ColoradoAugust 11, 2015
In a typical day of work for me includes many things. I usually start very early in the morning checking the previous days sales on SAP/BW. I then start to prepare for the day mapping out what clinics/stores I am visiting that day. Once ready and out the door this is when my day truly starts. There is more to this job than just visiting with clients/prospects. So much preparation goes into this job I sometimes work 7 days a week. Its deciding what promos will I bring to the table to each client, what questions do I need to ask to find out more information or lead me to something they may be looking for that will allow me to make a sale. What, if any, prospects are there in the area I can stop at today? On top of all that, the visiting of clients/prospects, there are phone calls. Phone calls of clients who have received wrong product, incorrect billing, ones not happy, and those that are simply just wanting to place an order. Everyday is different. Some days are good, then there are those days you wish you just stayed in bed. On top of all this you face the trials of distribution. Companies being bought by companies. Companies downsizing and you wonder what will tomorrow bring. There are good things though. It is a challenge and sometimes a fun one. You set your plan, you make your schedule, you don't face your boss everyday (although he is just a phone call away). The friends you make are truly amazing. Not only the friends you make through your clientele, but also through your co-workers. The trips we get to take together, and meeting we get to attend. This is what makes getting  more... out of bed on those bad days easier sometimes.  less
Pros
work vehicle, expenses paid (hotels, meals, cell phone), all expense paid trips, benefits
Cons
7 day a week job, very competitive, poor training, territorial issues
Multicultural
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 25, 2015
The hardest part of this job is dealing with people who have no concept of agriculture, ranching, and farming. This is not an industry that is run solely by technology. It is one of the last bastions of people versus people
Pros
Opportunity to use people skills
Cons
Way too much emphasis on the all-mighty dollar.
Team Lead
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 13, 2015
My typical day at work consisted of making sure the work came in and went out in a neat and timely matter.. I have learned a lot from this company, within a month working for Animal Health I have been promoted to team lead thanks to the dedication I had put in to learn everything I could . The most enjoyable part of this job was the constant learning and being busy and my coworkers we all worked together to insure we all did the best we could.
Overall good Employer
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fallon, NVDecember 12, 2014
I started at Animal Health International in 2013 and just recently was let go (under good terms) due to location closure. The management was helpful and worked hard to improve aspects of the company. Good benefits and healthcare plans. Would recommend to applicants.
good company for someone in agrculture industry
Territory Manager - Upstate NY (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 8, 2014
Good company if you have a background in agriculture or veterinary experience. Be prepared for extensive travel.
Pros
company car
Cons
compensation
8-5 job
Associate Buyer (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 25, 2014
Worked very hard 8-5 Monday thru Friday. Learned the value of good management.
Productive company learning new things on a daily basis
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Greeley, ColoradoOctober 16, 2014
This was a busy atmosphere with a constant flow of invoices to be handled on a daily basis. People worked hard with little time for socializing due to the workload.

People got along and tried to have a positive atmosphere to work in.
Love the atmosphere
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTJuly 1, 2014
I love working with animals and learning something new every day. Typical day at work for me is answering phone calls, putting in orders to be delivered or shipped. I get along with everyone, my co- workers are great to work with. I love interacting with the customers.
Pros
A insdustry that I love
Cons
Pay
nothing
Delivery driver/Material (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAJune 9, 2014
nothing to say about this. The original owners sold the company and they dont treat the employees like the original owners.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Animal Health International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2