ANIMAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Productive, Busy Atmosphere
Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJuly 7, 2017
Typical day at work consisted of cleaning kennels, daily walks/play, feeding animals and administrating some medications. Workplace was not a very warming atmosphere with fellow employees,I felt there was some discrimination among certain employees including myself. The workplace was very clean and organized. I learned how to work with several employees at once to get specific tasks completed. I believe the hardest part of the job was communication among management and kennel techs. I enjoyed working with the animals and being in an animal hospital atmosphere.
Pros
Organized, Clean, lots of Teamwork
animals
Vet Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 18, 2017
A typical day a work would be to check on all the animals see if they need to be feed or walked. I learned that it takes a lot to be a doctor . The most enjoyable part of the job is when i get to see the puppies
Pros
Being with all kinds of animals
Cons
cleaning up animal waste
Fun Place to work
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, VIFebruary 20, 2017
I learned a lot of laboratory techniques. Interesting and fun working with animals. Fun living in the Virgin Islands. I also like to dive so I had fun on my day off too.
Pros
Discount on animal care
Cons
No breaks
Great Job with Animals
Vet Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TN 37814January 24, 2017
Its like any basic Job when you go in the mornings you have certian things that need to be before the day gets started. I learned alot about medications, blood machines, x-ray machines, ordering products for the office. The office manager was not there alot. The hardest part of the job was dealing with dogs and cats that were not happy and wanted to bite. The best part was that I got to learn everything that I did I love learning differant things.
Fast paced Animal Hospital
Office manager/Veterinarian assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Blanchester, OHJanuary 2, 2017
A fast paced Animal Hospital including office hours, surgery and customer assistance. Gained experience with surgery, x-ray, client invoicing, scheduling, dentals, and customer service.
Positive, casual, family owned practice
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 29, 2016
I learned a lot working at this job. There are three full time Vets that all have their own ways of practicing. The management is very relaxed and non confrontational. Hardest part of the job is starting off, there was no training program so you learn as you go. Most of the staff was very friendly and funny. When not busy I enjoyed getting to know my coworkers.
Great place to work if you love animals
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WANovember 25, 2016
Your average day can be very hectic, but well worth it. Any animal lover would enjoy working here, but will need a strong stomach, as well as being able to handle emotions. Best part of the job is helping people's pets heal, worst part is euthanasia's. Co-workers are a definite blast to be around. I've learned many things, how to help prep for surgeries, and basic care, such as nails trims, baths , etc.
Pros
Benefits, wonderful coworkers and clients
Veterinary Specialty
Certified Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ILSeptember 18, 2016
Great place to work. Love the experience and interesting cases that come in. The current team I work with couldn't be any better. The doctors are all great with clientele and very caring about the outcome of their patients. Very grateful to have the opportunity to work with such great people.
productive and fun place to work
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAJuly 14, 2016
I loved working at the animal hospital. Great staff members. Experience ill never forget love working with pets and helping families with emergencies and hardships.
Pros
discount for pets visits
Cons
euthanasia process dealing with payment at a hard time.
Work was enjoyable, coworkers and boss not so much
Kennel Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 18, 2016
I loved the work, as will anyone who enjoys working with dogs and cats but in the year and a half I worked there, we hired somewhere around 7 new employees, all of which quit, and not without reason. The boss is an excellent veterinarian and I would never doubt her medical skills but she is very condescending and has little ability to correct without insulting her employees during the learning process. Having to go to work everyday after school during the month of my finals because all other kennel techs quit was very frustrating but she keeps her hospital in very clean conditions and is great at what she does. Not a job for the light of heart but very rewarding if you can manage her temperament.
Fun and interactive place to work
Veterinary Technician and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTMarch 6, 2016
My typical day is spent assisting the main doctor. Client communications and book keeping. I am a very detailed person. i have a difficult time with the lack of management and the way other coworkers approach and speak to the main doctor/owner.
Pros
Close to home
Veterinary Practice
Manager (Current Employee) –  Daniel Island, SCOctober 12, 2015
Fast-paced veterinary practice, where I mastered my multi-tasking skills.I enjoyed strengthening my management and training skills. It was a challenge to keep the doctor's schedules full, yet flowing throughout each day. I enjoyed the interaction with the clients on a daily basis.
Animals are peaceful.
Voluntary (Former Employee) –  Thomson, GAJuly 27, 2015
I sat at the front desk answering the phone, brought the patient's pet to the front. I got the chance to examine surgery on the animals, such as, vasectomies on male animals. The co-workers at this clinical site were very cooperative and very adventurous. The hardest part at this clinical site was getting the mean animals in their cage. The most enjoyable part at this clinical site was getting to play with the new puppies that came in and getting to hold them.
Good quality pet care
Supervised Veterinary Graduate (Former Employee) –  Normandy, MOMarch 19, 2015
Room appointments, then lunch, then possibly an out-call to a farm; late evening hours; emergencies seen; 2-3 days a week, surgery is performed.
Pros
Good quality pet care
Cons
Late evening hours
Interesting place to work, integrative medicine.
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Barrington Shores, ILMarch 8, 2015
Owner very temperamental, shows favoritism. micromanages everything. Blames technician Doctors being behind in schedule.
Adjustment in managers
Client Care Liaison (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJanuary 27, 2015
Compensation wise they were great, management wise they could use a huge adjustment!
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Horrible management
Productive nice place to work
Pet Care Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CASeptember 24, 2014
A typical day at work
.clock in
.communicate to all associates on their daily duties
.let all dogs out to play.
.clean all cages and feed animals
.make sure all grooming staff had everything they need to clean the animals.
.communicate to truck driver delivery times.

I learned how to manage associates.

Management was productive and helpful.

All of my co-workers were easy to work with.

the hardest part about the job was keeping the animals clean.

the most enjoyable part about the job was playing with the animals.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
N/a
Wonderful place to work!
Veterinary Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 2, 2014
I love the hospital! It is a great place to work and good benefits!
busy animal hospital
Veterinary Receptionist/Kennel Aide (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 15, 2014
Busy and productive, learned entry level AVImark, care of animals, the daily workings of the hospital. Learned how to chart, properly clean and care for kennel animals. Liked my co-workers. I enjoyed helping the animals immensely, and supporting the owners as well. The hardest was seeing an animal and owners grief, when the animal was hurt or in pain or when they had to be euthanized.
Caring for Pets
Groomer/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2013
Working at an animal clinic there is never a dull day. I learned from the ground up of a clininc and how to do simple procedures such as how to do a dental on a dog.