Animal Humane Society Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome workers
veterinary technician (Former Employee) –  golden valleyMay 13, 2015
Awesome people doing the difficult day to day tasks especially the volunteers who work tirelessly to help the animals without any pay but love of the animals. The animal care, vet services and customer services people are very dedicated. Unfortunately, the pay is no where near competitive private practice that they should receive for their tireless work
Fun worklace
Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNSeptember 23, 2015
It's a great place to work... who wouldn't love to come to work and be greeted by all kinds of animals that just want to be loved.
Pros
Animals
Cons
No cons
awsome place to work
i help where im needed (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNApril 3, 2015
at the Animal Humane Society my day being with wlking dog along a bike path near the Humane Society grounds i usually walk up to 5-8 dogs in the moring. then i go to the front desk to cover the receptionist's luch brake while i am there i direct phone calls to the proper department and anwers the questions i can. then i go to the education depratment and make confirmation calls for upcoming tuors, girl scout baged promgrams, or birthday parties. then go to the animal care department and clean cages, take animals to receive vaccinations or other meicine they may need. i also help transport aniamls to the apotion floor. i have been working at the Humane Society for 3 years going on my 4th. the work environment there is very wonderful i get along very well with my co-workers and help out when and where i can. the part i enjoy the most is working with and help animals
Busy days
Vet Teh (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJune 15, 2015
Fast-paced shelter, occasionally properly staffed, but often understaffed for volume of animals that come through the shelter.
A decent place to CVT
Certified Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMay 14, 2013
It's always busy and interesting for techs, but the pay is not competitive with clinics in the area making turn-over probably higher than you would see in clinic based work. Stress can be high due to high levels of animals coming in and out, but it is incredibly rewarding. Techs get to diagnose and prescribe medications at shelters, so it it important to be aware of common illnesses and treatments. Really probably best as a part-time job in addition to a better paying one, or a full-time job with maybe something else going on the side. Being CVT is about the job, not the salary, but at a certain point we all have bills to pay.
Cons
lowest of low pay, protocols may be hard to agree with at times
Executive Assistant to the President/CEO
Executive Assistant to President/CEO (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNAugust 25, 2013
Eight years of experience as an Executive Assistant have honed my ability to take an intuitive and proactive approach to high level support. As the Executive Assistant to the CEO at the Animal Humane Society, my role is imperative to improving efficiencies. Always looking ahead, I fully utilize my advanced Microsoft Office skills and our weekly one-on-ones to prepare the CEO for meetings, business travel and her work on a local, state and national level. Managing relationships is also a key component in my position. As the 1st point of contact to the office of the CEO, my role must always be one of a positive ambassador to the Board of Directors, government officials and the general public when disseminating communications.
Understaffed, underpaid, tough place to work
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJuly 17, 2013
The vet techs were responsible for way too many things, schedules were ridiculous. Nine days on, one day off, and getting paid less than a clinic would offer was not ideal. Especially considering that the techs are the people doing the euthanasias of animals "unfit" for adoption.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
everything else
Busy, Fun, Learning Experience, Saving Lives
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNOctober 23, 2013
Very busy days, which I really enjoy. New challenges always come my way in this field which is something I really enjoy. I love being able to learn something new every day. The best part of my job is knowing I saved a life each and every day.
Good
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJune 12, 2013
I volunteer there every other week and it is always very fun! Though the hours are a bit long, they always have something for your to do so you're hardly bored. The workers there are friendly and the animals are absolutely adorable. It is a very rewarding experience.
Pros
animals
Overall good place to work
Animal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 5, 2014
The best part of this job is the interaction with animals, and commitment to find a home for them.
Pros
good place to work.
Cons
disagreed with termination process of animal.
Great place to be
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 15, 2014
I am a volunteer at AHS and I really enjoy going. THe shifts are only 3 hours and are always really fun being able to spend time with the animals
Great shelter experience
Behavior and Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNSeptember 20, 2013
Great experience, limited chance to advance in this position.
Nice place to help animals
animal technician (Former Employee)August 12, 2011
A wonderful place to help abused animals, nice ambience.

4.2