Animal Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work
Veterinary Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Spencer, IAOctober 24, 2017
Workers/Doctors are friendly and very smart/good at what they do
passion for animals and clients
fast-paced work environment
Learned alot
Management team is excellent
Horrible
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAOctober 11, 2017
This is one of the worst animal hospitals to work at in Southern California. The owners are foreign and treat women lower than men. The management needs some serious improvements and they almost encourage hostility and volatile behavior within their hospital. Uneducated individuals are hired at minimum wage to work on people's animals. This place needs to be shut down.
Fast paced family like enviornment
Receptionist / Certified Veterinary Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 30, 2017
Beautiful , kind co workers , great people and amazing clients. Staff always going above and beyond for one another. Great dedication to the well being of animals .
Terrible.
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLAugust 16, 2017
I was hired as a tech but ended up working everywhere but! Technicians were always fighting (verbally and physically) with each other. Doctor is in it for the money. He would add things onto owners bills that made no sense but would run the bill higher. Technicians doing things that the doctor is only allowed to do. Out of control. Rescues are always placed last even if that pet is more critical because rescues aren't charged as much and don't bring enough money to doctor.
Pros
Sometimes free food
Cons
Charging owners for things they didn't need, underpaid, Drama
cool
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYAugust 15, 2017
AMC is a very fun place to work. it is very fast paced and very emotional at times as well. there is always a down side to working with animals and that is when it is their time
Pros
playing with baby animals
Cons
when it is their time
Very fun
Veterinary Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 14, 2017
Working with the animals was exciting between mean cats and biting dogs u never new from one animal to the next what to expect. Lots of the animals i got attached to if we saw them routinely. Helping in the surgery room and exray room was also alot of intresting things to learn
Pros
Animals
Cons
Had to leave
Great place to work, friendly people
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monticello, FLAugust 9, 2017
Loved my time here, majority of the staff was very nice. Management was excellent, I learned so much! Doctors were open about education and wanted you to have the proper experience.
Stressful environment
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Forney, TXAugust 2, 2017
The clinic is a very stressful place to work, the doctor is hard to please and very critical and makes you feel unwelcome. I would not recommend anyone who values their sanity to work here.
Productive and welcoming work place.
Kennel Technician/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJune 18, 2017
Everyday was pretty much the same procedure. Lots of cleaning and taking care of cats and dog in the boarding unit. Had to stay on top of cleaning all areas of the clinic. Management will check over the work. I wouldn't say anything was hard about the job once I got used to it. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely working around dogs and cats call day.
Fun workplace
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJune 7, 2017
Great place and great environment is very helpful and motivating. They have a "open door policy" and are always eager to help in any way possible. Great place
Fast paced work environment
Receptionist/Technician (Current Employee) –  Hesperia, CAJune 6, 2017
Very busy, lots of client traffic every day. Open 7:30am-11pm 7 days a week. 3 different doctors. Capable to take emergencies, to even just pet vaccines.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Health Benefits
Working first hand with cats and dogs was a wonderful experience and I learned a lot in my time here.
Kennel Crew Personnel (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 2, 2017
I learned a lot from working here. If you have a love for animals than this is a great place to work. The staff was friendly and caring for the animals was everyone's highest priority.
Pros
Working with cats and dogs all day. Could bring ypur pet to work with you was a huge plus!
Cons
No paid time off. May be different if full time employee, but not sure?
Its a very friendly work place you are treated like you are family
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Natchez, MSJune 1, 2017
I loved my job. It suited my life very well as a single mom of 1 at the time. I was able to support myself and my child and be able to live comfrontably.
Pros
Free lunch, half price office visit, 8-5 monday through thursday, 40 hours a weeks plus overtime
Cons
No insurance
Fun and great learning experience.
Pet Groomer (Former Employee) –  Iuka, MS 38852May 11, 2017
I groomed animals and got to watch a lot of surgeries and even help with some procedures like teeth cleaning and shots. I learned so many things about animals during my time there. I wasn't pleased in the end with some of the unprofessional things only such as how employees treated each other with lack of respect. I ended up leaving to pursue my photography business more but I still visit to this day.
Pros
getting to take my daughter with me to work.
Cons
no healthcare
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAApril 30, 2017
Great place to work. Very flexible schedule. Supportive staff and management. Create great relationships with regular clientele. Drs are very knowledgeable and compassionate.
Hello
Receptionist/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAApril 28, 2017
I once worked there before to be an assistant and receptionist. I was excited to work there and learn. Once I started working there I would ask questions and the owner or manager will respond in very mean way, if I did a simple mistake he literally will make me feel bad and respond in a way that would make You not want to ask questions. The only thing that was great about it was being around the lovely pets. Other then that. I'd rather just say that this location needs patience with there new employees, and respect for current employees.
Pros
being around pets
Cons
Experience was horrible :[
Great starting position
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2017
The staff is friendly and caring, most importantly dedicated to the patients (animals). Decent work load except for afternoon shifts as it seems to slow down a bit.
Pros
Work friendly environment
Nice Place to work
Kennel Assistant (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILApril 15, 2017
I loved working at animal medical center. A typical day can be fast paced depending on how many animals are in the clinic. I learned how to deal with different situations that were presented. I also learned how to manage my time. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the animals feel better.
Rewarding Work but Little Room for Growth
Administration (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2017
Overall, working at the AMC was a great experience. It was inspiring to work with such smart/dedicated veterinarians, technicians and support staff every day. As with any medical profession, stress and egos can run high, but at the end of the day everyone is working toward the same mission - to help animals and their owners. The only downside of working at the AMC is room for career growth, especially in a more administrative function. You really have to fight to get what you want (promotion/salary) and even then, you may not get it despite the fact you have proven yourself. Bottom line is that the AMC does amazing work and it was a really great experience working there.
Pros
Dedicated staff
Cons
Growth opportunities
Loved your job everyday
Office Manager/Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Natchez, MSFebruary 24, 2017
Loved going in to work everyday. It is somewhere your glad to be and you are truly helping people of low incomes take care of their pets. It is also a great employee work environment.