Animal Medical Center Employee Reviews

Nice work environment, friendly staff
Animal Handler (Former Employee), Cypress, TXAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Friendly, Luncheons
Cons: Outdated, not enough breaks
The employees at animal medical center do a great job of making you feel right at home. They are all quite experienced at what they do and are very good at finding the best solution to any problem. Not much room for growth and development. Equipment is outdated and not always properly functioning.
Animal Medical Center
Boarding (Former Employee), Troy, MOAugust 16, 2015
Pros: 50%
Cons: No bennifits co workers were rude, and not kind
. Walked dogs in the morning, place them in a new kennel, clean old kennels, get dishes finished, all laundry finished, food and water the animals, see if vet techs needed help
. I learned how that answer phones, file, and keep kennels up tight
. Management was okay
. Co workers were kind, just not very motivating at all
. Hardest part of the job, was to watch the vet techs put down a oweners dog.
. The most enjoyable part of the job, was walking in and seeing all the happy tails going, makes you feel good at what you do.
Excellent veterinarians
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJune 15, 2015
Pros: Clients and their pets.
Cons: Lack of consistent policies
Several of the finest diagnosticians I have ever worked for.
Everyone has a true rapport with the pets.
Management should have a Policy & Procedure Manual.
The greatest part of this job was meeting the many clients and bonding with them and their pets.
good benefits offered to employees.
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 18, 2015
This was a multi-doctor facility and run fantastically. Ultimately I wanted to be a part of opening a new adventure so when the opportunity arose to start and build a new facility from the ground up, I took it.
Would never work here again!
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Some of the employees are ok, but most of them, like to talk a lot and not do much... Management is horrible!! Gossiping around the corner with other employees, rude, VERY RUDE!
Vet hospital with highschool maturity
Receptionist (Former Employee), VAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free lunch and learns
Cons: staff
I enjoyed working here. Some of the veterinarians were extremely arrogant at times but they were good doctors. Clients were awesome, benefits were awesome. occasional immature staff but overall decent to deal with.
Enjoyable place to work.
Veterinarians Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Coeur d'Alene, IDJanuary 14, 2015
I assisted the Veterinarian on a daily basis with vaccines and surgeries. I worked at the front desk on a weekly basis as well checking in patients and taking them back.
Loved working with pets and people.
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lauderhill, FLNovember 28, 2014
A typical day would be hectic, interesting, and fulfilling. I learned how to manage staff, gave employee support for interoffice issues.

I learned how to effectively coach people at their positions and helped both clients and employees feel included in the process of keeping their pets healthy.

I learned bookkeeping skills, payroll, accounts payable.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the puppies, kittens, adult pets, and geriatric pets get well. The most difficult part was the inevitable passing of clients beloved pets.
Productive and Fun environment with great co-workers
Veterinarian Technician (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches every other week, interaction with animals
Cons: nightshift
The management was very kind and the team was very accepting. Working nightshift was very hard, but I was able to begin a routine after a few weeks. The veterinarians were very professional, and the atmosphere and equipment is top notch.
Fun and Caring Animal Filled Work Environment
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee), Gulf Breeze, FLSeptember 22, 2014
Working with animals is one of my passions; however, working holidays and weekends with two young children is not ideal.
Great place to work. Lots to learn.
Veterinarian Assistant (Former Employee), Traverse City, MISeptember 11, 2014
Pros: free pet care, discount on animal suplies
Cons: no healthcare
Able to learn a wealth of information on how to care for your pet. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was learning new things like how to run blood work to identify medical problems or assisting in surgeries.
Wonderful, professional veterinary clinic
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee), Anniston, ALAugust 27, 2014
Busy workdays working with pets and their people. The most intelligent doctors, using cutting edge techniques. Very compassionate people to work with.
Family based company
Veterinarian Technician (Former Employee), Hernando, MSAugust 25, 2014
Very easy going and educational. It gave challenging experiences and advancements throughout.
Time goes by very fast because there is always something to do.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Sauk Village, ILMarch 5, 2014
Pros: get first had info on new products for pets.
Cons: there is no healthcare coverage because the business is a small facility.
I love working with the animals, and helping their owners understand illnesses or care issues. The Doctor I work for is very knowledgeable and likes to explain things. No day is the same and I like the flexibility of the job. The hardest part of the job is when an owner has to put a pet to sleep. Many of them I have had contact with since they were puppies, so it is like loosing my own pet. Most enjoyable part is when an illness is cured or a new pet is brought into a family. We also delivery puppies by C-section so when a liter is born healthy it is very enjoyable.
very clean atomosphere
Kennel assistant (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAFebruary 27, 2014
*typical day was feeding, cleaning, walking animals
*the managment wasnt the best
*hardest part about the job was seeing the sick injured animals
*the best part was seeing them get better
Able to help people and their beloved pets under a harsh work environment.
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee), Hesperia, CAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: we had a break room
Cons: they took away our paid vacations and healthcare benefits when bought out.
This company was ran by money driven owners with a horrible financial adviser. Rude and uncaring of their staff. A typical day consisted of me caring for hospitalized animals assisting the doctor in and out of surgery, checking patients into rooms, making prescriptions going over estimates with clients in the exam rooms, radiology and performing blood work on pets as well as placing and removing IV catheters, dental hygiene on cats and dogs, sedating pets and preparing them for surgery. Assisting the receptionist at the front desk and at times being the receptionist. Cleaning and laundry. Hardest part was getting in trouble for laundry not being caught up while I was up to my eyeballs in patient care. My co workers were great, we all stuck together as a team and supported one another. I would say my most enjoyable part of the job was seeing our patients come back in to our hospital healthy for a recheck with the doctor. And then watching them leave with their happy owners. Management did the best he could under harsh and unpredictable ownership.
Working for Animal Medical Center has allowed me to learn the skills I need to be a better manager and employee.
Hospital Administrator (Current Employee), Anniston, ALJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: helping pets
Cons: this can be an emotional atmosphere.
A typical day at Animal Medical Center is usually pretty busy. We are blessed to be able to help people and their pets. The hardest part would have to be when someone has to make a decision about their pet's medical treatment that may end the pets suffering.
great hospital
Kennel attendant, and general assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 21, 2013
Pros: solid work hours
Cons: no room for advancement
I tended to all the healthy animals,walking, feeding and cleaning. I learned how to deal with customers and animals. The managment was ok but I was there six years and could not get a promotion. I loved the other people. The hardest part was seeing the sick and dieing. the best part is playing with the puppies and talking to clients about the animals.
Ok place to work.
Employee (Current Employee), Madisonville, KYOctober 18, 2013
Best part of working here is the discounts. No raises, no lunches or breaks.
Typical day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Anniston, ALSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: working and dealing with animals
Cons: euthanasias
*I loved working around animals.
*I loved working with pet owners.
*I had long breaks.
*I learned how to schedule/cancel appointments.
*I learned Receptionist Skills.