Animal Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Amazing Staff Amazing Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 24, 2016
I made appointments for all clients, took incoming phone calls regarding their appointments, and handled scheduling and canceling appointments. My work also included filing and filling out client charts. I was a messenger for all animals’ needs and issues to and from the vet offices. I controlled inventory and supplies and made sure we had a clean and welcoming waiting area for all of are arriving clients.
Pros
Amazing work place and clients.
Busy but toxic work enviroment
Registered Veterinarian Technician (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAApril 22, 2016
It is a busy, walk in clinic that can keep you on your toes. Though depending on the day it can either be extremely slow or extremely busy. While the work itself is enjoyable, the staff members are not. It is an extremely toxic work environment, excessive use of foul language, verbally insulting and talking behind each other's back. This type of working environment sucked any enjoyment I had in the work out of me. Management was severely lacking too. Within 3 months of my hire, the clinic hit extreme financial difficulties and did a mass lay off.
Pros
hour long lunch, can be fast paced
Cons
toxic work enviroment
Working at AMC
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMay 11, 2016
Super understaffed, worked there for years the communication has always been a problem. Drs, and managers are very selective on who they want to teach and promote.
Fast paced job.
Registered Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAOctober 7, 2015
A nice company to work for,fast paced job,never a dull moment with supportive management.the hardest part of the job was to keep up with the work pace.my favorite part of the job was to perform the task that was allow for only for me (beside the Vet. DR.) as a R.V.T.
Pros
Lunch time and breaks were mandatories.
Cons
Sometimes work overloaded and the lack of help.
Excellent business with a heart
Veterinary Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 21, 2015
I very much enjoyed working with Animal Medical Center. They truly care about their patients, clients, and employees. They run a very efficient business and keep employees educated. I would still be working for this company but my personal circumstances no longer allowed me to work the hours they required.
Pros
Excellent management, ethical business, free lunch at meetings!
Cons
Emotional attachment to animals, Long shifts
Easy job, not enough variation in daily work.
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cairo, GADecember 24, 2015
Was very easy job, however did not get to do enough technician related jobs. One doctor practice. A benefit of the job is got to leave relatively on time on a consistent basis.
Great break room
Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCDecember 3, 2015
Dr. Haden was great. I loved working with the animals and learning new things. It was a experience I will never forget. The Veterinarians were always very polite to the staff.
Pros
Company outings
Cons
Gossip
Animal Medical Center
Boarding (Former Employee) –  Troy, MOAugust 16, 2015
. Walked dogs in the morning, place them in a new kennel, clean old kennels, get dishes finished, all laundry finished, food and water the animals, see if vet techs needed help
. I learned how that answer phones, file, and keep kennels up tight
. Management was okay
. Co workers were kind, just not very motivating at all
. Hardest part of the job, was to watch the vet techs put down a oweners dog.
. The most enjoyable part of the job, was walking in and seeing all the happy tails going, makes you feel good at what you do.
Pros
50%
Cons
No bennifits co workers were rude, and not kind
Nice work environment, friendly staff
Animal Handler (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 25, 2015
The employees at animal medical center do a great job of making you feel right at home. They are all quite experienced at what they do and are very good at finding the best solution to any problem. Not much room for growth and development. Equipment is outdated and not always properly functioning.
Pros
Friendly, Luncheons
Cons
Outdated, not enough breaks
Ecellent purchasing position
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2015
Great co-workers! Best job I every had. Managment was easy-going great personality and outgoing. Great motivatiors and teachers. Overall, very supportive and great learning experience.
Pros
Learned a new skill and still learning
Cons
Having to say good by to a great Manager after 2 years
Got to work with all kinds of animals
Vet Tech (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 9, 2015
My job was to help the doctor with what ever wanted done. I pulled blood, gave vaccines,took notes for the doctors and made sure the outside was presentable.
Pros
Worked with a lot of different animals, loved the work environment
Cons
Very stressful.
Excellent veterinarians
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 15, 2015
Several of the finest diagnosticians I have ever worked for.
Everyone has a true rapport with the pets.
Management should have a Policy & Procedure Manual.
The greatest part of this job was meeting the many clients and bonding with them and their pets.
Pros
Clients and their pets.
Cons
Lack of consistent policies
good benefits offered to employees.
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 18, 2015
This was a multi-doctor facility and run fantastically. Ultimately I wanted to be a part of opening a new adventure so when the opportunity arose to start and build a new facility from the ground up, I took it.
Loved working with pets and people.
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLNovember 28, 2014
A typical day would be hectic, interesting, and fulfilling. I learned how to manage staff, gave employee support for interoffice issues.

I learned how to effectively coach people at their positions and helped both clients and employees feel included in the process of keeping their pets healthy.

I learned bookkeeping skills, payroll, accounts payable.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the puppies, kittens, adult pets, and geriatric pets get well. The most difficult part was the inevitable passing of clients beloved pets.
Vet hospital with highschool maturity
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  VAJanuary 21, 2015
I enjoyed working here. Some of the veterinarians were extremely arrogant at times but they were good doctors. Clients were awesome, benefits were awesome. occasional immature staff but overall decent to deal with.
Pros
free lunch and learns
Cons
staff
Productive and Fun environment with great co-workers
Veterinarian Technician (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 23, 2014
The management was very kind and the team was very accepting. Working nightshift was very hard, but I was able to begin a routine after a few weeks. The veterinarians were very professional, and the atmosphere and equipment is top notch.
Pros
free lunches every other week, interaction with animals
Cons
nightshift
Time goes by very fast because there is always something to do.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sauk Village, ILMarch 5, 2014
I love working with the animals, and helping their owners understand illnesses or care issues. The Doctor I work for is very knowledgeable and likes to explain things. No day is the same and I like the flexibility of the job. The hardest part of the job is when an owner has to put a pet to sleep. Many of them I have had contact with since they were puppies, so it is like loosing my own pet. Most enjoyable part is when an illness is cured or a new pet is brought into a family. We also delivery puppies by C-section so when a liter is born healthy it is very enjoyable.
Pros
get first had info on new products for pets.
Cons
there is no healthcare coverage because the business is a small facility.
loved the animlas
Front Receptionist/ Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 21, 2012
When i got there in the morning got all charts ready for all surgery patients...then worked on the days patients coming in for routine visits...performed computer data entry, worked with doctors for medical review, assisted doctors during surgery if short handed, made employee schedules and posted financial information to companies financial agenda.
Pros
loved all the animals, always made me smile
Cons
seeing the mistreated ones brought in by the state.
I really enjoyed working with the animals and assisting the Veterinarian
Pet Groomer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILJanuary 9, 2013
A typical work day I would take care of the animals in the kennel and clean the back runs.. Groom dogs off and on during the day. Assist the Vet or in the lobby when needed. I felt I got along with my co-workers, The hardest part was making sure the grooms were done the the clients expectations, and so see an animal in pain or pass away. I love taking care of the animals that came into the facility, and assisting the Vet in surgeries and assisting in the delivery of puppies or kittens.
Pros
the environment, being around animals
Great veterinary clinic with excellent DVM staff and technician staff
Veterinary technician (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 27, 2013
At Animal Medical Center it is clear that patient care comes first. All doctors and staff approach their job with the utmost professionalism and character. After working there I have learned a great deal about emergency care of patients as well as the effect of different treatments and/or medications to ensure further life
Pros
great staff and location, and 24 hour availability