Animal Medical Center Employee Reviews

Nice Environment
Licensed Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  midlandFebruary 9, 2017
Steady paced until the end of the day when walk-ins are taken, then it is complete hit or miss. Senior Dr has years of experience and works to stay current with new practices and information.
Busy but fun place to work!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 5, 2017
I loved working at Animal Medical Center! Excellent doctors and staff. They really care about animals and it shows in the care they provide. The office can be extremely busy with rarely a dull moment but the pets make it better. Watching pets enjoy themselves at daycare or getting better after receiving care was definitely the best part of working at AMC.
Great place to work!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJanuary 30, 2017
I absolutely loved my time at Animal Medical Center! My co-workers were kind, reliable, and always flexible with my school schedule. I enjoyed my time there!
Worse work environment i've ever been in
Emergency Veterinary Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJanuary 20, 2017
I was hired as a PART-TIME ER Receptionist/Veterinary Assistant at this company. I only lasted about 3 monthes. The manger there didn't tell me that the only other ER veterinary assistant was quitting so he basically made me work her schedule and mine. 11pm-7am 6 DAYS A WEEK. Inhumanity, I had classes right after at 9am everyday and i told him that before i even got hired. I wouldn't leave out until 7:45-8:30am at times ridiculous. On top of all of that, the people that work here are so NASTY and MEAN. Very unwelcoming, didn't feel comfortable asking questions or anything. DONT DO IT!!!!!!!
Pros
Hands-On, $10.50 an hr was okay
Cons
NO LUNCH BREAK, mean employees, uncaring management, crazy shift hours even when PT
Creative, collegial environment, however staid in its approach to thinking about future
Executive Director of Marketing and Communications (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2017
Perfect environment for those who are motivated and require very little management. Creativity and the licence to solve problems alternatively is begrudgingly but ultimately embraced for an institution that is over 100 years old. The most enjoyable part of being a member of this team is the enthusiasm and passion with which you see the medical staff embrace their jobs - staff doctors, interns and residents alike. The most difficult part of this job is watching the chasm between executive management and staff doctors widen by the day.
Pros
Intelligent coworkers, excellent medical care for your own pets
Cons
Political environment
Great Vet Clinic
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Lindstrom, MNJanuary 13, 2017
The people who work at Animal Medical Center really care about the animals and owners they work with. I highly recommend them to anyone!
Great people , wonderful care.
Kennel Technician/ veterinary technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 13, 2017
Everyday is a different, From emergency situations to routine vaccinations. I have learned from AMC is that it is very important to maintain you animals health. The staff at amc was very caring and understanding towards my personal needs and the needs of others.
Pros
great staff
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 12, 2017
A typical day was answering phones, bookkeeping, filing medical records,assisting the veterinarian in exam rooms and surgeries.
Pros
1 hour lunches
loved ineracting with the animals
keenel tech (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKDecember 29, 2016
it was a dirty job...always something new to see and learn. great work atmosphere. the vets where great at their job and made working with them fun. they knew what they where doing.
Fun, Fast paced
Supervisor-Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TX 76522December 23, 2016
Great culture, friendly clients, normal day involves helping clients and patients. Emergency, and surgical work required, flexible work schedule, teaching hospital.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Very busy at times, sometimes stressful
Wonderful staff
Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  Eustis, FLDecember 5, 2016
Great clinic to work for and provided an opportunity to learn and advance in the business. Great pay and benefits. The owner is a great woman to work for.
Productive fun workplace
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSNovember 30, 2016
I enjoyed working there,we stayed very busy. Enjoyed being able to work with animals. I had some good and some bad co workers but you will have that wherever you are....loved the veterinarians
Pros
Loved the job
n/A
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2016
Not available to speak. Too much Gossip. not enough coverage for PTO. Also low Pay. Need to be more Professional. We need better Schedules.
Terrible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 23, 2016
I have worked here for years and the new corporate management tell me "its time to clean house" then systematically fired all of my fellow employees one my one I lived my job and all of my clients until she was put into power.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Managment, work schedule, doctors
Nice work enviroment
Kennel Tech and Vet assistant (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDNovember 21, 2016
Very friendly and helpful staff. Takes great care of their clients. Very customer oriented. Loves the job they do! Very clean offices.
I was able to learn alot bythe vet who taught me skills in the animal health field
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PANovember 15, 2016
I enjoyed working at this clinic .since it was my first job out of school .i I did an intern job before graduating, so it was easy to fit in.Everyone there was helpful ,and it felt like a family .We all got along well together
Pros
Able to learn alot of vet health
Cons
putting down the animals
Terrible manager
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXNovember 2, 2016
Manager with micro manage everything you do. Has does questionable activities and still continues to work there. Doctors play favorites. Management lacks maturity.
Look Elsewhere
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2016
AMC NY is an amazing facility for animals but not human kind. I took a job in the medical records department after being laid off and it was the most miserable work experience that I have ever had. GOD FORBID, if I go through worse. The work environment is long, hectic, non-stop phones,faxes, scanning, emails, appointments, walk-ins and the emergency visits are gut wrenching. I was once such a happy, bubbly employee because I truly love animals and honestly, it was a pleasure to have a reason not to communicate with certain staff and ALL of management. But, after a short while, it became routine. Their management has the education level of a less than ambitious high school drop out, they think they're super stars when they're more like reality show contestant rejects and to say the least, they are unprofessional. They gossip back and forth amongst each other , their brown noser staff, colleagues and HR. If you're not "with them", they're against you. After putting in my two weeks notice, my written notice was "lost". Again, excellent care for pets, horrible for employees, if you can, work elsewhere, if not, you've been warned.
Pros
1 hour lunch, discounted pet care and food
Cons
low pay, no advancement, no coverage for vacation, horrible management and work environment
Horrible to work there to much negative thing going on
Central Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2016
If you like animals is ok but the management and the people that runs it needs to go. There is no advancement they say you get a raise every years that's bull
Cons
Management is horrible
Upper management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 29, 2016
Upper management would promise the world but deliver nothing. I went 2 years without a raise but they promised me one every 3 months never getting a review.
Pros
Great employees and clients
Cons
New management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Animal Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.