Animal Shelter Employee Reviews

Fun
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 16, 2017
Fun i love animals hard cleaning rule but overall well with it. But im always up for the challenge manager was real great of telling what need to be done when and how .
Pros
Cons
No breaks
Pet Sitter (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJune 6, 2017
excellent place to work
friendly staff and customers
give yourself more than what you expect to earn
clean and organized place to be
adding new item
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to volunteer at, especially if you like animals.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2017
Fun place to volunteer at, especially if you like animals. great people to be around with and good to bond and relieve some stress. Walking animals and helping them have a healthier lifestyle.
Great place to work or volunteer!
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCFebruary 9, 2017
The people who work here or volunteer here really care about the animals that come in the shelter. They do their best to feed, bathe, walk, and find homes for the animals. I love volunteering here.
working for the animal shelter
Janitor/Maintenance/Driver, 201 0 (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJanuary 24, 2017
most enjoyable part of the job was when I had to pickup supplies and donations. they would add more things to me each day.people that i interacted with were nice
Pros
could take when needed
Cons
kept adding more to my daily job
Easygoing environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  South DakotaJanuary 23, 2017
The staff and volunteers who worked in the shelter were kind and very helpful. The animals were a pleasure to be around and the scheduling was very flexible.
Loved it
Sitter (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 23, 2017
very emotional job dealing with a lot of animals coming in and out, very fast past enviroment loved the differnt cultures youll see daily , the hardest part of the job was watching some of the animals get put to sleep , other than that i loved the job wish the program lasted longer.
Pros
free dog kisses
Cons
emotional
Rewarding and meaningful jo
Shelter assistant (Current Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Great experience and knowledge given by the superviser. Love what you do and never feel like you are working. The joy and satisfaction you feel for the care you give the animals. You gain confidence and experience along with knowledge in all aspects of animal care you educate the public about the laws and general care of animals. You get love in return
Productive and a fun environment with animals
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLJanuary 8, 2017
I personally love working with animals do the shelter is a perfect work place for me. All the staff that work there are friendly and always helping there customers.
Fun
Animal Shelter Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lake, MSOctober 10, 2016
Working at the animal shelter was very fun I had fun doing what I did refilling the animals food, and, washing the dog's and playing with then and the staff, we're very nice, and friendly.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N-a
Cleaning animals for fun!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYSeptember 15, 2016
The shelter was filled with plenty of animals which had to be clean, fed and walked in a timely fashion. Taking care of animals was the most enjoyable part of the job and as for the hardest part, it was the dogs. My fellow co workers were all very helpful!
Very fun work place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJune 1, 2016
I would get my aperen on and head towards the dogs section and get them fed and cleaned and take them outside. I learned to be very careful around scared dogs. my co-workers were so much fun. The hardest part was trying to get people to buy the animals and give them homes. The most enjoyable part was playing with the animals.
Pros
Free time with animals
Cons
Finding them homes
Great place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSMay 13, 2016
Great place to volunteer, people and animal friendly. people love going there and the work ethic is great. Sadly it closes early and there are a lot of animals that run about at later hours.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
closes early
Enjoyable and Entertaining
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Whiteland, INMay 6, 2016
I enjoyed working with Animals and trying to find them a good home with good owners. Its such a warm feeling when you see animals about to get a home but it's also heartbreaking because you see animals that have been abused but my co- workers were fantastic and i learned to always treat anyone or anything with respect.
Great place to work as a volunteer if you're looking for job experience.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  CubaApril 2, 2016
A typical day at work was cleaning the pets, feeding them, setting up their houses, and attending costumers.
I've learned that you can only bath a dog once a month, also you need to brush your dog before bath. Also great management, polished place as well. Great team, the hardest part was finding a place for them, and thee enjoyable one was when u arrive they used to give u a great welcome.
love this place
Animal Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJanuary 27, 2016
this is a fun place to work if you like animals an like taking care of them and the people are nice and know about what they are doing
Its a great for volunteers to come and take of dogs
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orlando,FlAugust 25, 2015
The animal shelter was a great volunter working experience for me. You get to see all different breeds of dogs and mixed breed dogs. A typical day there would be: cleaning dog cages, cleaning cat cages mopping floors, sweeping floors, put food in cages, take dog out for air so mainly it was physical work most of times. But you learn about different dogs and how they react to different things and its just a great working experince.
Pros
Your helping an animal find a home
Cons
The get really bad
Working was really productive
Provide assisting (Former Employee) –  CoachellaJuly 30, 2015
A typical day at work was hearing the dogs bark all day, i had to shower, feed , and play with the dogs. Whenever people wanted to buy dogs, i would make quick descriptions about the dogs and which ones i would recommend for them. The hardest part of my job was showering some of the dogs because they did not like showering at all. The most enjoyable part of my job was playing with the dogs, they were so active and playful.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Payments were short
Productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJune 19, 2015
Everybody was extremely nice and welcoming. I learned almost everything the typical nurses had to know. The nurses had a great attitude and were always friendly. The hardest part of the job was making sure the animals' cages were spotless. I enjoyed every aspect of the job. Working with animals was certainly enjoyable.
I had mixed emotions working here.
Help (Former Employee) –  Needville, TXJune 15, 2015
A typical morning would be going in and cleaning each dog kennel and walking them. The hardest part of the job was seeing how many dogs were without homes. The most enjoyable part was playing with them.
Pros
I got to play with and care for the dogs.
Cons
It was sad to see them on concrete floors and wire gate kennels.