Anixter International Employee Reviews

Anixter gave me a great opportunity to get early experience.
OEM Business Intern (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILFebruary 6, 2018
The summer before attending college Anixter International gave me the opportunity to intern. I was extremely appreciative of the opportunity they provided. Employees in the OEM division took time out of their days to teach my co-intern and me about what they did. My boss, James Martin, represented the company fantastically by staying in contact with us every working day. He was very enjoyable to work with. There are many other people I could mention. Overall I thought Anixter was a great place to work.
Pros
Cafeteria
Poorly managed.
Inside Sales/Account Management (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 16, 2017
Company is trying to go too many directions with no clarification. There are positives there, company is good at feeding employees during meetings and making sure employees are well trained in the product of sale. Most days are dealing with issues with customers and internally. Management only drove monthly numbers and did not praise employees for good months only moved onto what you will do next month in revenue.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Vision insurance, too many vice presidents
Good Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2017
Liked working there a lot. Good upper management at the time. Regular raises and reviews, while fairly treated the entire time I wsas there. I likied it.
Good Environment
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 30, 2017
Good Work Life Balance, Not much room to advance unless you are willing to relocate, Job pays a little above what your normal warehouse associates would make but that is only to start off because raises are not god.
Pros
Good Work Life Balance
Cons
Not much room to Advance
A great, stable company for your career
IT Manager - Americas (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHOctober 20, 2014
A great, stable company for your career. Show up each day with a 'can do' attitude and a smile in your voice and the sky is the limit.
Great place to be, hard to please.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 1, 2014
Anixter is a wonderful company to work for. They have a lot of benefits and great people.
The only complaint I have would be that it is a large challenge to please customers, coworkers and management. It is a very tight community and difficult for a new person to try and break into.
Great place to work, Fun atmosphere
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 17, 2014
Great environment, team oriented, several resources that helped sell
Job security
U.S Project Buyer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILSeptember 12, 2013
A nice environment with great co-workers.

customer focused
Managed day to day operations
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILJanuary 21, 2013
Maintained communications with all levels of organization including sales and warehouse management.Coordinated employees and materials between up to 25 production lines to maintain and improve labor and inventory. Managed 40+ hourly employees and temporary agency staffing.
Enjoyable working experience
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILSeptember 3, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. Working together as a team was a great part to our overall success

Want to know more about Anixter International?

Ask a question
Celebrate Employees
Logistical CSR/Order Manager/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAAugust 7, 2012
Working at Anixter was very rewarding. The team members were very helpful and impressed me by the way concern was shown when a member was ill or how everyone rejoiced at sucesses. The management team were awesome and extremely helpful. Always willing to train and provide advice on how one could improve and advance within the company.
Pros
celebrations
Cons
contract lost
Productive at pulling orders and quality control
Order Puller (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 29, 2012
Able to have broaden my knowledge in quality control and shipping.