Anixter Employee Reviews

N/a
eCommerce Administrator, Temporary placement (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILOctober 3, 2017
Working at Anixter was fine. It was convenient for me as I didn't live that far so my work life balance was good. Having a good work life balance is important to me.
good benefits
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILSeptember 23, 2017
this company was a good company to work for until new management came in. I enjoyed working for Anixter. sometimes changes are bad for some companies.
Pros
good benefits, fast paced environment which makes your day go fast
Cons
management
Professional and Fun place to work
Technical Support/Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILSeptember 14, 2017
A high emphasis was placed on training employees
Management were fair and understanding
Management explained their expectations well
Benefits offered were great
Wire cutter & Inventory Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 14, 2017
The job had a lot of good challenges.

People were friendly, and I had a great deal of fun working with them.

The training I received has been useful for the rest of my career.
Balanced work environment
OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Lake OrionSeptember 1, 2017
My position is able to allow me the ability to work, as well as balance a family while pursuing my education. Great work environment and positive company culture!
great employee and atmosphere!
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 29, 2017
Great employer! Sad to be leaving my position - we are relocating 400 miles away. I will continue to try to stay with Anixter, from another location. Great place to call home!
great people and fun work space
Warehouse/Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 22, 2017
The job is great, but moving up in the company is very difficult, almost impossible. the major major down side is that you get no breaks, (which is completely against the law) they say you can have as many five minute breaks as you want, but they get mad at you for doing so.
Pros
workers, work environment
Cons
no breaks, constantly over worked
hard work but worth it
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 25, 2017
hard work but worth it...workers are tight knit ...lunches are an hr...advancement is possible if willing to put in the hours...pay raises are easily gotten with the hard work required of you
Pros
great benefits
Cons
general mangers sometimes do drugs
its okay
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILJuly 23, 2017
its an okay job the ceiling for is low for employes. Lunch break is too short and mangement needs help. Some supervisor's don't know their jobs and some group leads are disrespectful. Benefits are alright could be better
Pros
weekends and paid hoildays off
Cons
pay is low for responsibilities employees have
great work place
shippind ltl (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 13, 2017
great work place. great people to work with. fast pace heavy lifting but learned a lot about how shipping ltl works learned how to use a self shrink wrap machine
Fun work place
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2017
Stressful job and bosses used staffs. Staffs have to deal with clients aggressive behaviors and bosses just don't care about staffs we staffs have to cook clean bath feed and give meds and deal with the behaviors sometime it's not safe for is staffs but we do our job for the clients. I loved my job and my clients. We also have to take clients to putting and doctor appointments shopping work,
Can't answer
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILJune 29, 2017
I can not give msny due to legal reasons per the company policy. I have worked there almost 23 years and have seen many changes. My managers would change almost every year due to them leaving.
Anixter is a great company to learn and grow and develop your career.
Global Service Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJune 21, 2017
I worked at Anixter for 20 years and in 5 different departments. The people at Anixter are caring and professional. It is a great place to work. Occasionally, there is a thorn or two but every company has those. It is a distribution company and has a large variety of skill sets that can be learned. Warehouse, accounting, finance, legal, sales, project management, information services, programming, inventory, training, etc. are a few of the departments I worked closely with during my tenure. It is a global company so any large city and many countries are available to transfer to.

The best compliment of all. If a position was available, I would return gladly to Anixter and have remained friends with many of my coworkers.
Pros
product knowledge, people, environment
Cons
no loyalty
Great opportunity
Account Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 15, 2017
Great place to work. I enjoyed my coworkers and all my sucesses in Sales. The opportunites and enviornment were very positive. This was a good position to learn new skills.
Anixter
Video Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJune 7, 2017
Anixter is a great place to work. The people and the culture is outstanding, one of a kind. While working there I have grown so much as a corporate marketing video specialist. The management and marketing team work well together and strive to make both the individual and company grow. The marketing team there makes every day and easy and fun place to work.
Anixter
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 6, 2017
I shipped and packed orders enjoyed that job also I love shipping and packaging. Weighted the product and made the ups labels for it to be shipped out ,Sometime I pulled the product also
Pros
good job
Cons
was a temp didnt last long
high energy, fast paced and challenging
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 26, 2017
I was in charge of all freight coming in and going out. Unloading and loading freight was 90% of my job. Maintaining a clean and orderly warehouse was most important. Change orders and delays were the hardest to navigate, but doable. The most enjoyable part of my job was constantly being busy and challenged.
Fun position, but too much turnover.
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 7, 2017
If one is very well versed on Information Technology, Fiber Optic and the myriad of types of copper wire products, one will do well.
No formal product training. Just training on how to sell.
Constant quota pressure throughout each month.
Pros
Livable salary
Cons
Management should take a look at the burdens placed on sales personnel.
I love my job.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 6, 2017
I love my job and the company has the best insurance coverage I have ever seen for their employees! They provide us with team outings to make us a stronger group that can work together better daily. They give us a great amount of vacation and sick days to cover whatever may come up. They are also very understanding when you need time off or have something major happen in your life and need to take care of it. They are always supportive and make sure you have what you need to help you through anything.
Busy and fast paced
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILFebruary 7, 2017
I would pick orders, put away orders, help others with projects, help out in other departments if needed. Safe place to work with updated fork lift equipment. And nice break romms
Pros
Nice Christmas party
Cons
High turn over rate