Anjna is seeking a highly talented engineer to lead the design and development of a CMS platform to manage our patient education content. This platform will be the critical backend supporting Anjna's vision of dramatically improving lives by empowering underserved patient populations to take better care of their health. The CMS will support authoring, editing, version control, localization and delivery of interactive multimedia content. This individual will be a key member of the team, expected to collaborate closely with UX designers, partner clinics and hospitals to develop and implement the right solutions for the patients we serve. Anjna is a 501c-3 non-profit organization.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience with responsive design and open-source CMS
- Jquery, CSS and similar libraries
- Content localization
- Full stack, but emphasis on back-end engineering
- Cloud computing for cross platform integration
- Passion for making a difference in the world through educating underserved patients
- Can work remotely, but willingness to meet regularly at office
- Compensation to be determined
- Flexible work hours, though determined by set deadlines in project development
Anjna Patient Education, is the largest non-profit organization in California using technology to create health education programs at free clinics and other under-resourced healthcare settings. Since our founding in 2010, we have helped educate more than 5,000 low-income patients (with an average yearly family income of $22,550) in the Bay Area through our innovative, technology-focused programs. We are conducting groundbreaking studies on the use of games, interactive modules (on tablet computers situated around free clinics) to educate and text messaging to increase compliance. This progress has been made possible through mentorship from faculty at Stanford Medical School and UCSF and over 25,000 volunteer hours by over 250 undergraduates and medical students from Stanford and UC Berkeley.