Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. Employee Reviews

No support from management, confusion
Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 15, 2017
Management never knows what is going on, scheduling is always off. Last program admin got fired because she was sweeping a bunch of stuff under the rug, kind of a shady company. A lot of the employees are incredibly lazy and will sit and do nothing for 30 mins in order to get overtime.
Pros
Somewhat easy
Cons
Management and coworkers
Lacks leadership & organization
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAMay 29, 2017
I have worked in many mental health facilities. As an LVN we are involved in patient care regularly because we are the ones in the trenches. At Anka Richmond, the supervisor was not much of a leader nor did he communicate well. I was not involved in the care plan with the clients or the Psychologist which I found erroneous. The LVN spends quite a bit of time with the clients and can add a clinical perspective that a Rehab worker may not be able to. I was treated like a medication nurse. Strictly dispensary. It was not a fun environment. Not to mention, I worked there when there were hardly any renovations made to the home & there were bed bugs.
Pros
Free lunch, work independently, work hours
Cons
Leadership, communication, pay
Nice co-workers and clients
Mental Health Counselor/Rehab Worker (Current Employee) –  Concord, CA 94520May 29, 2017
•Cooperative co-workers and clients
•Easy-going and feels like everybody is just hanging out
•Organized
•Clear and accurate instructions
•Free food and free time outside with clients
Pros
Free food
Cons
Inside a home-setting for long periods of time
Likable and friendly co-workers
LVN /PSC (Current Employee) –  San Jacinto, CAApril 26, 2017
I've learned to better my time management, how to utilize my nursing skills in a mental health setting, the work environment is a mixture of fast and slow paced must be a quick thinker and capable of multitasking. Hardest part of job is being the only nurse at times and trying to accommodate 200 clients, Doctor and case managers three days out of the week but this is also part of what I enjoyed about the job. It pushed me to challenge myself and work under pressure. Another enjoyable part is being able to work together with my team to serve our clients.
Pros
enjoyable co workers
Cons
short lunch break
Choose not to reply
Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAMarch 19, 2017
Choose not to reply to this review. I was wrongfully terminated and have nothing that I would like to add to this review that represents any feelings towards the company.
Good pace to work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Nipomo, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Good pay & good place to wrk I only wish they had more day time hours to offer. Also if you work here everyone must work a weekend you do not get weekends off & they have a hard time covering shifts not very flexable here hard getting days off when requested.
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAFebruary 5, 2017
if you work full time you get all the benefit and have job security.
you get to help people that are in crisis which is a good thing. part time have to fight for hours and if you would hiring first you would get hours they make sure the one started will get the hours
Administration is the problem
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJanuary 29, 2017
Better work for other company. No advancement in this company. They hire people that doesn't have much knowledge about the job.Management need to treat their staff well
No hours guarantee
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJanuary 28, 2017
This is just on call which mean you may only work like two days out of the month hopefully... they will start you two weeks of full time hours for training but that will change before you know it. There are others on call that are fighting for hours. YOU Are NOT guarantee hours when on call !!!! And you only get sick time only if you work hours
No vacation hours
No health benefits ( only for full time)
Pros
Free meals only if you cook
Cons
Hours sucks stressful
Immature, unprofessional staff, constantly putting out fires
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Gossip, cattiness, mean girl environment, and friends who hired friends that with ZERO knowledge or skill in psychiatric nursing or professional boundaries. Potentially dangerous clients that are not taken seriously.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Administrator talk a good game, but Telecare runs the show, not Anka!
Staff (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Good place to work. Leadership is working on making this company a great place. The youth are well taken care of. Co-workers are very caring and everyone seems to love what they do.
Client focused
Mental Health Rehab Worker (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 22, 2016
12 Hr AM/PM shifts. FT 3 day work. PT/On Call Shifts.
Too many responsibilities. Not enough support in place. Clients are the focus for this employee. Job ok for one looking to move on.
Pros
Learn the clients needs- dual diagnosed/Addiction
Cons
Long hours/many responsibilities/not enough support
Good Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 7, 2016
The company love paper work, copies, file of the file, send the same document to 15 people. every 2 weeks the same rotation. The level of bureaucracy is just breathtaking. It creates the sense that the staff and the administrator only duties is paperwork, the consumers/clients/ population we serve wasn't the priority.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
no time to use the restroom, too many problems not enough people
Very rewarding and fast paced
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Nierika HouseOctober 5, 2016
Working for Anka has been a rewarding experience. It is very busy and sometimes overwhelming but it feels good knowing you're helping others! Employees have a lot of heart and work really hard! Everyone is supportive but it's a hard job. I'm learning a lot and want to stay in this field. I read a bad review before but I haven't had the same experience. I think that employee was fired anyway and did something really bad. It's a great place to work and to get your foot in the door.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Sometimes overwhelming
Working with the company
Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 28, 2016
Working for the company for over three years is rewarding because of the assistance we provide to the clients. Like all companies it has its pros and cons.
Pros
free lunches, great staff
Cons
no breaks, no break room, working with difficult county, low pay
I hate my job
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 21, 2016
I like working with clients but this can't be the answer to how to do this. Pressure and no gratitude for showing up and working extra.
Pros
Clients need help
Cons
Underpaid and overworked
ok place to work
Mental Health Rehab Worker/On Call (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CASeptember 6, 2016
Cooking, cleaning, peer support
learned about clients with mental health
liked my co-workers
clients struggle
helping clients
Pros
helping clients
Cons
dirty facility
Client based company
PERSONAL SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 26, 2016
I really enjoy working with this company. I love the client care that this company provides. It has a very family oriented working environment.
New to having LVN in facility, some staff lost hour and jobs due to this.
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAAugust 24, 2016
Working lunch, so you may or may not get one. NO overtime period. They are new to having licensed staff in the facility and since this cost some to lose hours and jobs. One can sense the displeasure of having the new licensed staff there.
Pros
Easy to find off the freeway (120)
Cons
Micromanagement by all staff members.
Very poor leadership
CRS (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 24, 2016
Anka overall is a decent company. But whatever you do, don't work at Nierika house in concord. The program administrator is not supportive at all. The entire staffs morale is torn apart because of who is running that program. How she spoke about the clients made me sick to my stomach. Your gonna end up doing way more than the job description. The PA is supposed to be there Monday through Friday 9-5. I swear on my entire family she comes in maybe 2-3 times a week. And when she does show up she comes in around noon and leaves at 5:30. I suggest somebody from corporate talks to that staff annomusly so they can find out the truth about the lady running the program. You will not be appreciated and you will be very stressed out.
Pros
Great co workers/ shift lead
Cons
Program administrator and the pay sucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anka Behavioral Health, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8