Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. has openings
for full-time and part time Child Care Specialists
About Our Company: Anka is a private non-profit agency providing community mental health services. The Mission of Anka BHI is to eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people. Please visit our website on www.ankabhi.org for more information about our dynamic organization.
ABOUT THE JOB: Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, participate in the planning, development, implementation, evaluation and promotion of a 6-bed crisis residential treatment facility for psychiatrically sub-acute adolescents who require 24-hour supervision and intense structure. The program's primary goal is to divert clients from hospitalization or act as an alternative to hospitalization and to provide assessment. The primary responsibilities of an CCS is to provide services (milieu, group, individual) within the therapeutic milieu using social rehabilitation principles in a community-based setting. This is a non-exempt position.
Full time and part time opportunities for all shifts. Experience with residential settings and/or adolescents, preferred.
SOME DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, coordinate, implement, and monitor individual treatment plans with clients and other individuals to include intake, assessment, transition, and discharge planning.
- Complete the admission process of all clients accepted into the program including an initial intake interview, document action, initial diagnosis and treatment plan within 24 hours.
- Maintain a milieu structure that involves the clients in all aspects of the program and participate as an integral part of the therapeutic milieu and as a member of a mental health team in a community-based program.
- Participate when requested in evaluation of clients' progress in case conference with supervisor, consultants and other staff members, and meet with clients to review case conference discussion, update treatment plans, and provide aftercare follow-up as delegated by supervisor.
- Assist clients in developing and following a daily activity schedule in accordance with individual treatment/discharge plans.
Education Required: High School Diploma or equivalent and some related post secondary education. B.A. in psychology, social welfare or counseling is preferred.
Experience Required: At least 1 year experience in mental health, social rehab, dual diagnosis, or related field. Bi-cultural/bi-lingual experience is an asset.
Also, a valid California Driver's License - Class C; good driving record. Proof of current auto insurance and must meet insurability requirements of our insurance carrier.
If you meet the requirements, please e-mail resume & cover letter to HR Recruiter, specify job title and location or fax it to 925.429-6463.
Anka is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values a diverse work force.
Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, gender identity, disability (physical/mental), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.