Anka Behavioral Health, Inc

Anka Behavioral Health, Inc Employer Reviews

Creative workplace
Children's Services Aide (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 9, 2013
Working with the children is such a great feeling. During our everyday arts and crafts they really know how to express themselves through their artwork as well as through their bright smiles.
Great Environment and Worthy Cause
Program Administrator, Full-time (Former Employee), Concord, CAMay 12, 2013
Stressful at time but worth the stress when compared to the outcome. It was a new territory for me when i joined the organizations. Four years letter, i couldn't be happier for joining this organization. Great leadership and team environment.
productive fast pace
Program Administrator, Ferst Coordinator, (Current Employee), Concord, CA.April 18, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Fast pace, and fun rewarding palace to work. Can be very stressful at times but rewarding at the same time. Co-workers are great.
Great place to work, given opportunities to grow as an employee
PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR (INTERIM) (Current Employee), San Jacinto, CAApril 9, 2013
A typical day at work is monitoring documentation submitted by the Vocational Specialist for accuracy, making sure contract requirements are being follwed and interacting with other Program Administrators and Regional Managers.

The most enjoyable part of my day is working one on one with our consumers and assisting them with their continued growth.
Avoid this company at all costs!
Admin (Current Employee), Concord, CANovember 28, 2012
Pros: benefits (while very expensive) are good.
Cons: just about everything.
Silly managerial mistakes and a lack of consistent (and logical) company policies make this a difficult place to work for. Corporate policy can do a 180 degree change overnight and things are implemented at the last possible minute. Also nepotism is common (especially at the corporate office) and you will be expected to do the workload of three people – more... for the pay of someone part-time. Do not apply unless you are fully versed in the language of office politics and have no problem competing in Hunger Games like competitions with your coworkers.

The cost of benefits has gone up from $0 seven years ago to almost $300 a month for a single person. Double that for two people. Pretty soon you are paying them your whole check for benefits.

Just to be clear: the clients you work with are wonderful, it's everything else that you have to deal with that makes it unbearable. – less
Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee), El Cajon, CANovember 27, 2012
Pros: you're doing something rewarding and great for the community
Cons: insurance is way too expensive.
This is a great place to work because they treat their employees right. They are also successfully accomplishing their program by helping adults.
Very Productive work place alot of out reach for clients.
Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker (Current Employee), Indio, CASeptember 28, 2012
Pros: helping people
Cons: we have to pay for our health insurance, there is no seniority, we cant leave for our lunches
I love and enjoy all aspects of my job. I enjoy being able to help my clients gain the feel I can do this attitude. it takes time but with enough patients it can and will be done. I enjoy working with all my Co- Workers we all work very well together. The hardest part of my job would have to be when we see our client pass awayand become that statistic. – more... The most enjoyable part of my job is when my clients thank me for all that I have done for them. – less
Working with people in the facitlities
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee), Concord, CAAugust 12, 2012
Pros: attends yearly meeting with the employees
Cons: short breaks
I enjoy doing my biling of programs budgeted by the goverment. My co-workers are nice and friendly. The management is supportive with their employees. Nothing is hard if you know how to manage your time and know your priorities.
Awesome company with room for employee's to grow within!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), East Point, GAMarch 20, 2012
Excellent company to work for. On the job training provided. Community based work.