AnMed Health Employee Reviews

Anmed Review
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCSeptember 26, 2017
Anmed is a satisfying place to work, My work day is fast paced most times and we are a trauma center so, we always expected the unexpected. Overall I would stay with Anmed health but I am looking to relocate to a new state.
Fast paced
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCSeptember 17, 2017
a very fast paced environment and you have to be willing to work fast and be very self disciplined. All of your duties must be fully completed by end of shift
Pros
Discounts, benefits
Cons
Fast paced, if working full time no outside life
I enjoy working at anmed health
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 31, 2017
I enjoy working at anmed health, it was a good atmosphere and nice environment. Nice co workers and clean environment. Good pto and learned a lot on the telemetry floor
Pros
good environment
Cons
busy
Work Place Review pertains to well within the requirements
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 15, 2017
My seniority was misplaced and caused frustration among workforce. I was greatly aggravated and chose to find employment elsewhere!! I had been technical for many years and then chose to apply for 1st shift job opening. They would not let me down grade back to technician level.
Poor management, constant backlash for everything
Security (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 14, 2017
It is a great place to get experience in, and pay is okay. Management is full of themselves and cannot ever get what they say done. They play against you and if someone says you were wrong, you were. They fuss when you get overtime, fuss when you don't come in on your days off. Never can get PTO approved because they let their buddies take weeks at a time. Your yearly raise is a dime or two and you won't be meeting goals thanks to this thing called EPIC. They think they are saving money these days but they're putting people in danger. I believe this is a place where you can make decent money and good benefits, but you also can be cut in a second because nobody has your back.
Pros
Fair pay, great benefits, experience
Cons
Management, constant politics
Administration talks out of both sides of their mouth and does not care about its employees. They have no clue how an office really runs.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 6, 2017
Admin talks out of both sides of their mouth and doesn't care about employees. They don't know how an office runs but makes decisions that effect the office without caring if it was the right decision or not
Good place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJuly 26, 2017
Where I work is a fast paced environment. I have learned many things that will most definitely help me further my career. My manager is awesome. Hardest part about my job is being on my feet most of the day. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping people.
Great Staff
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJuly 10, 2017
The staff are amazing, they would help when you asked instead of doing nothing. Great place to work in my opinion. The staff- patient ratio was great.
Business Office Supervisor
Business Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJuly 10, 2017
A typical day at work could include anything from posting personal & insurance payments, posting hospital charges & filing insurance to working the front desk and/or filling in for anyone that was out for any reason. My responsibilities were many and the tasks varied a great deal depending on the day and circumstances.

I learned a great deal about a field of medicine that was new to me.

My manager was wonderful. She was very supportive and caring.

The hardest part of the job was having an inadequate number of staff members to perform all tasks necessary for complete patient satisfaction.

The official workplace culture is that patients always come first. Unfortunately, patients do not always feel that way. Sometimes that is due to circumstances beyond your control (weather related closings, etc..) and sometimes it can be due to inadequate staffing.

The hardest part of the job was losing a patient to their illness or disease.

The most enjoyable part of the job, for me, was interaction with our patients.
Pros
Good benefits & discounts at local companies.
Cons
Inadequate staffing at times.
I love working in this type of Enviorment
Administrative Specialist - Patient Counselor (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 19, 2017
I love meeting and greeting people, being productive and busy! It was a great and fun job! Loved my co-workers, Great Experience as well! Everything with the job process was challenging, and very important protocols but it could be sad days when the patients you are assisting is very sick or dying, but overall I loved my job and gave support when needed.
Awesome Mentor
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SC 29621April 11, 2017
This was my first position as a new NP and I cannot say enough about the doctor who served as my mentor. Such a wonderful man! It was a privilege and an honor to be able to work with him. Great place!
Good starting point
RN (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SC 29621March 28, 2017
I started working at AnMed straight out of nursing school. I am thankful the opportunities that were given to me here. I learned a great deal about patient care in my fields.
God place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2017
I love the people I work with. I love engaging with patients on a daily bases. It does get busy at times with it being a hospital. But you just have to love what you do.
Working with people and helping them heal brings joy to all those involved
Therapist tech supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCMarch 1, 2017
Great place to work learning and growing. A typical day would consist of helping people of all types of injuries, and disabilities get exercise. Also help nurses with patient care and assist doctors with patients routine daily check up.
Pros
1 hour lunch, comfortable clothes, relaxed environment.
Cons
Unfairly treated with superiority
Typical Day at work as a staff registered nurse
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJanuary 31, 2017
Arrive at floor and receive report on all patients. Using patient priority to assess which patient needs to be assessed first. Medicate patients as needed. Monitor needs throughout shift. Prepare patients for procedures the following day. Every shift requires that I provide direct and indirect nursing care to patients from young adults to geriatric populations.
Busy work environment with stressful days as well as fufilling days.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJanuary 19, 2017
Good place to work. Opportunities for learning and developing communication skills. Many opportunities for gaining additional education. The goal is to make patient care excellent.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Wonderful place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJanuary 1, 2017
I have been a traveling nurse here twice in the last 2 years and really have enjoyed it. All of the staff are caring and treat you like family. I was not treated differently because I am a traveler.
Pros
Great Staff.
Cons
Can't think of anything.
Pretty good place to work
Health Information Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCDecember 13, 2016
I enjoy my job. I have a great manager. I have learned a lot. I work in a stress free atmosphere. I don't have anything bad to say, except that the pay could be better.
Pros
Great benefits, Room for Advancement
Cons
Low pay compared to other hospitals
Productive and educational evironment
Radiologic Technologist/ Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 28, 2016
With this job, every day is a new experience. I was well prepared to become a radiologic technologist. I have gained experience with fluoroscopy procedures and surgery, as well as emergency situations. Through this extensive training, I have strengthened my critical thinking skills.
RRT making children breath better!
RRT - PRN (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 18, 2016
I attended all deliveries and C-sections on my shift. This would be alternated with working with Pediatric Unit giving treatments and O2 therapy. I worked with awesome co-workers who worked as a Team. The hardest part of the job was a lot of walking, but was rewarding to help the children,. The most enjoyable part of the job was making a child smile even though they were feeling bad and knowing that I helped a child breath better.
Pros
Team work and Security
Cons
A lot of Walking