AnMed Health Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJanuary 1, 2017
I have been a traveling nurse here twice in the last 2 years and really have enjoyed it. All of the staff are caring and treat you like family. I was not treated differently because I am a traveler.
Pros
Great Staff.
Cons
Can't think of anything.
Pretty good place to work
Health Information Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCDecember 13, 2016
I enjoy my job. I have a great manager. I have learned a lot. I work in a stress free atmosphere. I don't have anything bad to say, except that the pay could be better.
Pros
Great benefits, Room for Advancement
Cons
Low pay compared to other hospitals
Productive and educational evironment
Radiologic Technologist/ Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 28, 2016
With this job, every day is a new experience. I was well prepared to become a radiologic technologist. I have gained experience with fluoroscopy procedures and surgery, as well as emergency situations. Through this extensive training, I have strengthened my critical thinking skills.
RRT making children breath better!
RRT - PRN (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 18, 2016
I attended all deliveries and C-sections on my shift. This would be alternated with working with Pediatric Unit giving treatments and O2 therapy. I worked with awesome co-workers who worked as a Team. The hardest part of the job was a lot of walking, but was rewarding to help the children,. The most enjoyable part of the job was making a child smile even though they were feeling bad and knowing that I helped a child breath better.
Pros
Team work and Security
Cons
A lot of Walking
Employee Health Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCSeptember 18, 2016
Works for the good of employees with Acute Care Services that keep employees healthy and at work. Chronic disease management for diabetes that works in conjunction with employee's Primary Care Physician.
Pros
employee wellness programs
Cons
management sometimes very rigid
Relaxed place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 23, 2016
Typical work day was pretty busy but not stressful. The department work flow worked like none other that I've experienced. It's the best, work wasn't being duplicated.

Management while I was there was very laid back, as long as your work was completed then you didn't have any problems.
Pros
Organized
Cons
Underpaid
Case Manager
Discharge Planner (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 18, 2016
No flexibility. Stressful position. No good leadership. Hardly get a lunch break without multiple interruptions. Fast pace job.
never ending work
GROUNDSKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJuly 25, 2016
laid back work environment. low pay, most of which was eaten by insurance costs. you won't get rich but if you're lucky you'll pay half of your bills.
Pros
little supervision interference
Cons
looking for enough loose change to buy gas to get there
AnMed Health
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 17, 2016
Wonderful working environment-great people to work with/for- compensation and benefits package seems to dwindle every year.
Great place to live and work
Registered Sleep Technologist (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 12, 2016
The Anderson, SC area is a great place to live if you enjoy the lake life, college football, staying fit, and quality healthcare.
Pros
Good schools
Cons
Not much night life
Working hard
unit secretary (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCMay 22, 2016
Anmed Health is a name that is all on it's own. I have enjoyed working at anmed, but I think it is time to move on to something bigger. It all depends on the day of what you will see and hear. The hardest part is knowing that you can't help everyone that is in a lot of pain. You would love to take the pain away but you just can't. When you see the ones that have so much pain thinking that they will never come off of it and that day you see them walking down the hall and the next day they are walking out going home, that just puts a smile on your face. A family member walks up to you and you have a big smile on your face even if it is 7:00 am you show them that everything will be okay.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCMarch 27, 2016
This is a great place to work, that you have a great team behind you to provide the best customer service to customers. the management is great to work for
Testing blood, urine, spinal fluid, and blood transfusions was very interesting
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day in the lab would be testing body fluids in a hospital setting. Working as a team with doctors and nurses to get patients well and back home is the main goal. Finding out what is causing a person illness starts with testing their blood.
co-workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 27, 2015
Working at AnMed, I absolutely love my co-workers. The nurses and staff members are often what get me through a terrible day.
Social Worker/ discharge planner (Current Employee) –  SCOctober 7, 2015
I am there to service the pateint working as a team with the physicians and nurses to assess and connect patient with community resources, such as home health, DME , rehab and placements to ensure a safe discharge plan for pateints. The hardest part is making sure that every pt is seen, assess and appro. needs are setup so that no re-admissions occurs. The enjoyable part is seeing the smiles when services are delivered to patients in a timely discharge,
Pros
free lunches, Hosptial benefits pharmacy etc.
Cons
health care changes all the time with polcies
Commited to provide excellant health care.
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  SCSeptember 1, 2015
I enjoy helping patients and staff with solving their issues in a friendly and timely manner. I have learned to be a better communicator.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Stressful at times.
Family Friendly
Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 15, 2015
My current position is very flexible with my schedule. It allowed me to go back to school and after graduation they have offered to keep me on with my new credentials
Executive Management is Lacking
RN (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 10, 2015
Nurse managers are forced to be overworked and under compensated due to poor decision making at the executive level. The stress trickles down onto nursing staff: floors are short-handed constantly, budgets are so small that necessary equipment must wait for lengthy periods to be fixed, high turn over rates in all areas.

Benefits are "ok", not anything spectacular.

Extremely high nurse manager turnover rate.

AnMed is such a great hospital- hoping things will improve!
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere
Cons
Understaffed, high turnover rate, low compensation
Great Nurses
Staff Nurse Pediatrics (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJuly 24, 2015
There are some great doctors and nurses that work here, however do not feel like we are supported. Decisions come from the top that are not in line with what the actual staff feels safe with.
Work/ life balance is good if you let it be, if you want to work all the time you could too.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 13, 2015
Anmed is a great hospital with many educational opportunities and leadership courses. It is also magnet certified and continues to expand in community relations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AnMed Health. Our community is ready to answer.

AnMed Health Reviews by Location