Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Employee Reviews

Slow working environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2017
No advancement as a security officer was stationed at on of the clinics
Afternoon shift not much traffic in the facility
Being a Costumer Service Security, Receptionist most of the time slow day
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Late closing
Clique
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 24, 2017
It is disheartening to finally get through the long and hard interview and waiting process only to find you don't fit into their well-oiled clique. A complete waste of time and energy.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Forced to listen to supervisor on the phone speaking poorly about you
Amazing group of people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2017
Very nice place to work , amazing job with kids but unfortunately no place to grow, bad PTO system and very low salaries. My manager was excellent and most of them are very professional
Pros
Work ethic
Cons
Very low salaries
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2017
This job offers great pay. It is a beautiful building to work in fairly new. Its great seeing a lot of kids all day. The have great food and benefits.
Pros
pay
Cons
work load
Overall it was a clean and pleasant environment.
EVS Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2017
The day would start with a group meeting to let us know the main needs of the hospital that day. After the huddle we would get the supplies needed to perform our duties then proceed to the work area assigned. I have learned to work as a group when needed as well as working alone without supervision. I also learned that everyone has a different work ethic. I was cross trained throughout the hospital in most areas that pertained to EVS. The workplace was diverse. Many different ethnic backgrounds, which I found interesting, I learned alot about others culture.The hardest part of the job was working with people that did not really care about work ethics, being proficient in doing the job well and correct. I enjoyed having my on floor to work on without having to be micro managed.
Pros
Some restaurant gave us a discount on our food if we showed them our work i.d.
Cons
Healthcare was expensive.
productive day at work
Administrative Assistant/ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2017
A typical day at Lurie was busy pace or slow pace depending on patient that needs to speak with a nurse or make appointments. I also had to check insurance for inpatient appointments.
very productive
Spanish Medical Interpreter/Translator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2017
I always feel productive at work. Providing Interpreting services to patients, staff and visitors is satisfying every time I work there. I love to work at Lurie.
Pros
level of respect and consideration is high, staff really knows how to work with the interpreter
Cons
limited time to spend on an assignment sometimes
17n but hospital overall is great place to be
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2017
17n hemonc floor the nurses are very rude they do not help you they look at you to do everything while they sit on their phones and do nothing they don't greet people at the door
Pros
Benefits and pay and overtime
Cons
Staffing and management. Of 17 north hemonc
Friendly enviroment
Clinic Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2017
Very well equipped facility, they are rated on top 10 hospitals in pediatrics. The children teach you something new every day and help you see the world in a different way.
Great Organization
Point of Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2017
The organization is follows very important service principles to ensure employees as well as patient families are satisfied. It has opportunities for growth and advancement.
PRACTICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2017
Extremely wonderful place to work very good work environment good management. The company really cares about the patients as well as their employees. Decent benefits and good pay.
Rewarding place to work but can be high stress.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2017
Rewarding place to work but high stress. Processes move slow but improvements being made to resolve those issues. Staff culture is enjoyable. Location makes it difficult to travel to.
My regular work day
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2017
For a typical work day is something different. I learned different ways of doing things to make my job better. Management I can't really comment on it because she is new. Sometimes is can difficult because of different changes. Enjoyable part is I got the chance to be expose to coding.
state of the art equipment
Radiologic Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2017
State of the art hospital in the heart of Chicago. Difficult to commute to if you do not live in the city. State of the art equipment. Great benefits for full time and part time employees
Detailed, productive challenging place to work
Documentation Auditor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2017
I love being challenged, and this place does that. I love what I do, I love the people I work with, and the managers are supportive. We are sometimes asked to work overtime, but it is not mandatory. Our team works together to get the jobs done.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
travel to chicago is tedious
re: TV and Massage Chair in Lunchroom, yes!!!
Administrative Assistant - Emergency Services (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2017
I love working here at Lurie Children's Hospital. The three departments I support are ER, Transport and Advanced Practice Nurse. The three departments keep me on my toes and keep my skills sharp! A typical work day include dealing with putting out fires in the ER and taking care of the APNs so that they can take care of our patients. The workplace culture is diverse and everyone is happy to be apart of the Lurie team. I have learned that you never not what a person is going through and you should always extend kindness. Saying Hello may just brighten someone's day!
Pros
TV & Massage Chair in staff lounge
Cons
Healthcare
relaxing
Centralized Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2017
It is very laid back. Everyone is very nice. Pretty quiet place to work. No one has a problem answering questions. Management is on top of any issues, trying to make all connections between patients and staff an easy experience.
Volunteer
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2017
I volunteered at the Children's Hospital it was a great experience. the workers at the desk were polite and very friendly. I'd come in the early mornings for two to four hours and help at the concierge desk.
Very quick paced, diverse, and friendly environment, full of suprises.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 2, 2017
Though a Hospital seems to bring thoughts of chaos and craziness,

The experience at Lurie is truly like no other.

As a receptionist at Lurie Children's Hospital, the phone is always

ringing.

I personally found this to be an a amazing, heart warming and fun

Experience.

Due to being an intern, my position of course lacked any and all

benefits,

there fore I am ignorant to the subject,

However,

All in all,

I really loved my time spent at Lurie, and recommend interning here

to any one!
Pros
The entire experience!
Great benefits
Surgery Coordinator /Administrative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 2, 2017
Great benefits and learning experience learning tools available. My specific department management is not professional and takes away from the Lurie organization.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Department Management