Ann Arbor Public Schools

Ann Arbor Public Schools Employer Reviews

Would not recommend this job to anyone.
Custodian (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MINovember 10, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: back breaking work
This was all I could find in the short time that I had to find work. My sister worked their which is why I went in that direction to begin with. Unfortunately, after a year of employment I injured my shoulder and was unable to work further.
Ann Arbor Public Schools was an awesome place to work for many years.
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MISeptember 15, 2014
Pros: looking back at a job well done after cleaning and large projects
Cons: being provitized
The most rewarding part of the job was getting those projects done when you only had a short amount of time to finish. Those jobs would always take place during break periods. I would work right along with my crews and we would get the job done. Meeting new people whether it was students, staff and parents. It was always difficult asking staff to do more for less and seeing them take pride in their work and doing what you ask.
Lead Teacher
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MISeptember 2, 2014
Work closely with the principal in devising a plan for changing school dynamics and outcomes in a predominantly African American population, in an alternative school.
Worst Job Ever!
Secretary to the Team Sports Manager (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJuly 4, 2014
The manager there was a absolute nightmare! Worst place I ever worked for!
Great Experience
Assistant Football Coach (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMarch 26, 2014
Had a great experience working with the freshman football team. An overall great coaching staff on each level.
stressful
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MISeptember 20, 2013
Pros: seeing the childern everyday was a plus for me
Cons: driving in the winter months not so good
I drove the school bus to pick up and drop off students (perschoolers). It was for me stressful because these children and parents held me accountable for there safty daily rain or shine.I learned to be more patient.
The work had low mental stress.
Custodian (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIApril 10, 2013
Pros: pay for any overtime, good benefits.
Cons: the work was hard physically.
The work was hard physically, and it was sometimes difficult to get everything done. The co-workers were nice to work with. I enjoyed the lack of mental stress.
Great Place to Work at.
Custodian (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 11, 2013
Love the job i just decided that it was time for me to have a change and move from Michigan to Georgia
Loved helping students achieve to their full potential
Speech Pathologist (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 10, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits, paid vacations, working with kids
Cons: non-compliant parents
Working full time in the schools has it's advantages in that as their employee, the healthcare and other benefits are awesome! Was paid during vacations as my pay was spread out over 26 pays for the school year. Loved working together as a team. Love the creative aspect of working in schools in terms of planning fun, creative, therapy sessions. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping kids achieve to their full potential. My therapy session were varied between the classroom setting and the therapy room. The hardest part of the job was getting use to the new principals in the building and new teachers, their personalities, expectations, their understanding of the role that the speech pathologist played in the building. Some had high regards of speech pathologist while others needed alot of help understanding what we do and its importance. Some were micro-managers and while others left you alone to do your job and were very supportive. As speech pathologists in a school building, we have to consult with every teacher, including special teachers (gym, art, music), and parents. Our roles are unique because everyone has a different approach, style, and method of teaching. We have to learn how our speech students can best benefit in the varying classroom with different teachers.
good benifits
Sub custodian (Current Employee), MIJuly 7, 2012
Pros: health care
Cons: low wages
Most people are easy to get along with. advancement are based alot based on seniority not experiance.
Productive, educational work envirorment
Custodian (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMarch 22, 2012
I enjoyed my years with this company, i have learned many interesting things it takes to keep the public school systems up and running. It takes a team effort from every single department to make the schools a safe and efficient place for our youth to learn and grow.