ANN INC. Employee Reviews

Wasn't the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MINovember 16, 2017
I had a hard time trying to fit in.
Management wasn't the most friendly.
Did receive help but only when I had asked for it
Other staff was a lot of fun to work with, and had very outgoing personalities.
Pros
Still have close work friends
Cons
Management wasn't the best
Wow place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 13, 2017
Great people at all levels of the company - joining makepositive is like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together
Interesting projects - I have worked at makepositive for 4 years and no 2 projects are alike
A great culture - coming to work is fun and there are always nights out and something for everyone
Loft outlet Ann inc
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barceloneta, PRNovember 13, 2017
It was a really good experience I never thought I was going to work in a retail store before and I Lear so much thing like I learned how to dress and how to understand the customers
Wonderful co-workers and customers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PANovember 13, 2017
My favorite part of the job was helping the sales associates grow. I also loved working on helping women of all shapes and sizes to find fashion that made them feel beautiful.
Pros
Fun work environment, great co-workers, great customers
Cons
Over-worked on occasion due to lack of staffing and lower pay
Not worth the time
Lease Accountant (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTNovember 12, 2017
Not worth the time. i was told by coworkers that i was the 3rd person in my role in 2 years. Dept mgmt was terrible and was obvious to other but nothing changed until I got let go. Colleagues urged me to speak out at my exit interview but i really didn't care to. IMO if HR doesn't realize that a single position has been a turnover machine and to look into a possible deeper issue, i wasn't going to help them figure it out. it was a blessing to go..a year later the dept head was fired.
Loved the people I workes with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WANovember 10, 2017
Flexible, friendly, discounts. Made lasting relationships with my co workers. Great working environment. Loved my manager, Lynn Graham. Left when she did. Couldn't work with her replacement.
Pros
Diacounts, flexible time off.
Cons
Manager left
Provided great customer service experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CA 90040November 10, 2017
Ann Taylor provided a competitive, fast paced and fun working environment. At times, reaching sales goals created a stressful environment, but was always attempted through positive attitudes and motivational guidance by management. Working as a team was always encouraged, making shifts fun due to great group cohesion.
Pros
Great discounts, positive attitudes, interfacing with customers
Cons
competitive, painful working conditions
Ann Taylor Loft
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 9, 2017
Great Work Environment, Learn team work and management skills. Moreover, customer service skills maximized with direct customer engagement. Managers are great to work with and very encouraging to better oneself in career aspirations.
Pros
flexible work schedules
Cons
Organizing clothes
My boos was awesome
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 9, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Ann a typical day is running back and forth to the dressing room, checkout customers. People who deliberately came to steal made my job difficult I hated those moments.
Pros
Employee discount was great I own lots of fancy clothes, jewelry and shoes
Cons
Pay was terrible
Energetic and comited
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Christiana, DENovember 9, 2017
Amazing place to work for, manager knows her position and treats everyone equally and fairly. They Strive to make their employees and clients happy and honestly it is the first company I have worked for that treated me like a human and not just another number.
Man in a girls world
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 7, 2017
This is a plain and simple retail job. It's nothing flashy and as a male it was hard to relate to the product. When asked how something fit etc. I would spout something a coworker told me about it, was never passionate about the product so I didn't personally like the job but the coworkers who've been shopping there for years loved it. Plus they gave good discounts for working there.
Pros
easy, simple, friendly staff
Cons
no full time except management team
paid too little to do too much
Sales and Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2017
The people who shop there are horrible. It was just annoying having to deal with people who think they are better than you just because you work there. the management team failed in protecting their associates if a client was out of line.
Fun Time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 7, 2017
It was really cool working with lots of different awesome ladies. The customers rocked! I had fun everyday working there, and I was happy each day going to work.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 6, 2017
great store to work. great colleagues , great discounts. Fast pace store. Love the products that are put out on the floor every couple of months. Definitely a turn over rate.
Fun Place to Work , everyone is friendly & Helpful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Branson, MONovember 5, 2017
I like that no two days were the same, there was always something to do. When you first start, the other employees are friendly, and offer to help you, if you have any questions.
Pros
Good place Work, the GM works around your schedule
Cons
I was told lowest hours wkly I'd get would be 15, and yet the last 3-4 months ther I was getting 9-10 hours a wk
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 3, 2017
Helping customers and being able to connect with regular shoppers is always fun. The most competitive part would be trying to make the credit card goal for the day.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYNovember 3, 2017
Carless management, disorganized, and lack of career advancement. No opportunities for full-time employment. Employees seldom get breaks, and the only benefits are clothing disocunts.
Pros
clothing discount
Cons
lack of career mobility
Great Company
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 3, 2017
Some managers are great! Some need work. A bad apple can spoil the bunch. Great discounts! Great work-life balance. Pay is good depending on what minimum wage is in your area.
Pros
Great Discounts
Cons
Short breaks even for 9 & 10 hour shifts, Which is required by state of VA to get an hour break on shifts 8 hrs or more
Great Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GANovember 3, 2017
Fast paced, but you can catch on fast. There is a lot of refilling to be done and clearing out the dressing room can be a task but it's doable. Great and friendly work environment.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 27, 2017
Fun environment to work at. However, the work hours are usually in the evenings and weekends. That is when the business is very busy but if you have family with kids this makes it difficult.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANN INC.. Our community is ready to answer.