ANN INC.

ANN INC. United States Employee Reviews

Clothing store business
Senior assistant manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Mall food.
Cons: Management was almost constantly turning over. I had 6 different managers within a three year period
The hardest part of the job was merchandising with the heavy shelves and hardware. Management was almost in a constant state of turnover. My co-workers were quite pleasant. My favorite part of the job was doing the windows with merchandise, it only required pinning garments.
Heavy workload / mimimum payroll. Heavy emphasis on credit cards. Store culture is touted heavily, but not brought to life.
Co-Manager (Former Employee), State College, PAApril 16, 2015
Pros: clients, coworkers, associate discount
Cons: credit card goals, heavy emphasis on outreach events, rampant favoritism.
My time with this national retailer was short, and less than 2 years.
If you're not comfortable soliciting clients to open a credit card, or able to convince clients and their friends to schedule outreach events within your store, then don't waste your time applying here. The company places a heavy emphasis on outreach (style parties), so it's not something that you will be able to shrug off if you're seeking a position in management in the store.
The company also uses an on call scheduling format. You have to call into the store at least two hours in advance on your day off if you have an oc shift scheduled, just to see if they need you to come in. So much for planning appointments or any sort of social outing on your day off.
In my personal experience, the management team had been in place for more than 8 years, and there was a lot of complacency and overall apathy. Couple that with a manager that ruled by threat and intimidation if someone angered her, and it was just an overall negative experience. Despite the culture of the company, which was heavily promoted...Positivity, connecting with women on a personal level, the store I was unfortunate enough to spend my time in was full of low morale, apathy, and associates biding their time until something better became available.
SALE ASSOCIATE/ASSISTANT MANAGER TRAINING (Former Employee), Ellenton, FLApril 16, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: Not Enough to pay bills
Tons of Customer Service and Stocking the Floors.
In 5 months of being their i was trainging to become the manager.
Mgmt was awesome always showed you or told you how great you were doing.
The Co- Workers were almost like family it was very close
Hardest part of the job was to leave for a new one. :(

I loved working with the employees and the mangers. they always made it an enjoyable day.
ANN INC
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Providence, RIApril 14, 2015
I have worked in numerous areas within this company. I worked at LOFT and Ann Taylor Factory Store. Overall I enjoyed working with the people. Benefits are offered after you work with the company for over five years.
Enjoyed working with the customers and other associates
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Glen Mills, PAApril 12, 2015
Pros: The part time schedule was perfect. My hours were 2 pm to 6 pm, 3 days a week
Cons: My schedule was different from week to week, but I understand that is retail.
I enjoyed helping customers and interacting with co workers. My position was part time which was perfect for my schedule. I learned many aspects of the retail business such as organizing stock, assisting in fitting rooms, register checkout and working individually with the customers.
Exciting
Desk Associate, Sales (Former Employee), Westport, CTApril 10, 2015
Pros: Good Discount
Cons: Long hours
Warm & friendly atmosphere. Managers were very fair and worked along side of you, worked as a team not as manager/employee.
Co-workers were great to work with as well, would cover for each other when needed.
Wonderful environment and management team / associate team
Sales Lead Manager (Current Employee), Saint Louis, MOApril 8, 2015
Pros: 50% Discount on clothing, 75% off selected seasonal clothing
Cons: Lower pay, part time, without benefits
Opening the store as a key holder. Printing reports and goal sheet. Changing marketing. Going to the bank to make deposits and getting change. Opening resisters and greeting customers. Assisting clients in assembling outfits for daily, professional and event needs.Finding client sizes at other store locations. Taking returns and converting them to another sale. Opening store cards. Accepting shipment, processing and merchandising. Cleaning store (daily dust, vacuum and sweep). Straightening merchandise and re-folding. Counting and closing registers at the end of day. Printing and logging daily end reports. Placing intended deposits in safe at the nights end. Changing any blown out recessed ceiling lights, changing mannequins. Providing exceptional customer service in person and via phone. Coaching to associates for sales, customer service and credit application. Closing and securing store at the end of day.

Being a manager has equipped me with the wonderful art of coaching to a persons learning style and tailoring criticism into positive and rewarding coaching, I lead by example and work with my associates to produce a productive and positive environment. I collaborate with my management team to continue in finding efficient and effective methods to keep our store and our team on top. I divide the store goals out to hourly goals per associate and make it entertaining to compete for the over all goal. Our store goals are regarded by associates to be as important as they are to the management. Being a great leader to my wonderful associates and having the store;s progress show – more... as a result is most gratifying!

I enjoy coaching to my associates and cheering with them when we succeed. Assisting a client who is frustrated and unable to find what she wants is a rewarding challenge when I provide her with a look in which she feels beautiful. I am very proud of our store and fellow management.

Challenges I enjoy least are changing the lights and climbing ladders to retrieve boxes of materials or to set busts or heavy shelving. Vacuuming and cleaning the restroom are not as pleasant either.

It is a wonderful company to work for and I have been privy to spend my work days with some of the most amazing people I have ever met.

Lower wages and slow opportunity to advance is not satisfying and makes me long for something that with allow my growth and a comfortable wage. – less
Very fast paced and high stressed enviornment
Co. Manager (Former Employee), Ft Myers, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: Good Bonuses
Cons: No worklife balance
The district manager believed that nothing should come before your job at Ann Taylor Factory. She was not the best leader and or district had a very high turnover rate.
Fast paced and ever growing!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Gainesville, VAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Benefits! Compensation
Cons: LONG hours. LONG days, BIG expectations, SMALL payroll budget
Great for a retail professional who wants to learn the ropes of all things involved in business and visuals. Need to focus on training the right person the first time they're in, but other than that, fabulous fit!
It is a great place for networking and meeting great clients.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), GeorgiaApril 5, 2015
Pros: Great PTO for FT Managers
Cons: no one to go to in upper management to discuss any issues that aren't being addressed, without being made out like your not a team player.
I would never work for this company again, no matter how much they would offer me. If your not the store manager or a sales associate then forget having work life balance. The company is horrible at recruiting the right talent. They will throw almost anyone in just to feel the position and have a warm body. The training is horrible and if you are lower management then be prepared to be the one that gets thrown under the bus for everything. I did however love the challenge of the daily goals and getting to make connections with the associates and clients.
Great Experience
sales associate (Former Employee), White Plains, NYApril 3, 2015
I love working with people and dressing them. Helping the clients find the perfect fit for them was awesome. The smile i recieved just for giving good advice made the clients well pleased and wanting to come back to shop.
Good Team
Co- Manager (Former Employee), Watertown, MAApril 2, 2015
I had a great work team so I enjoyed going to work. Very busy so the day went by fast and there was alot of changing daily so it was very exciting.
Fun energetic, inspiring
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 31, 2015
I love ANN INC. for its ethical and professional commitment in bringing satisfaction to customers and its wonderful leaders.
GOOD JOB
STOCKROOM MANAGER (Former Employee), BOCA RATONMarch 31, 2015
It was a pretty good job for what it was worth. I came to work on time. I was responsible. I got along well with other levels of management. I had a good schedule. I kept everything neat and organized. It was an ok job.
Exciting workplace especially on the Sales Floor
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Paramus, NJMarch 31, 2015
The Sales Associate position has a heavy emphasis on the company's product. By this I mean, we all need to have knowledge about the product that we are selling to our clients.
Productive and fun work place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Nice clothes, great co-workers, and an overall great experience.
Cons: Not being able to stay longer.
I loved working for this company I wish I could have stayed. This was a great learning experience and I met a lot of great people while having fun styling my clients and learning about new fashion trends.
Discounts are the only good part
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: discount is great
Cons: the company NEVER has hours, fitting rooms are ridiculous, massive online returns, co workers who sometimes don't contribute, rude customers, you clean up after messy individuals
I don't know where to start. The expectations are so high for the caliber of the brand. Corporate forces employees to open credit cards but gives a very low percentage on purchase. The interest rate is too high for a STORE CREDIT card. Emails and product promotions confuse customers thus creates upset clients. Online returns affect store sales goals. Why? Ask corporate. Regional managers have store and employee favorites. Everyone talks about everyone in the LOFT streets. Employee turn overs are frequent. Pay rate is so low but you are expected to wear loft clothing all the time.
The fitting rooms are messy all the time due to nasty clients who think this is their home. There is no fitting room limit. As a result on a busy day, we are left with a hot mess to clean.
The company also never has hours ! Every week it's the same story about how there is no hours for even the part time associates.
Rewarding Retail Experience
Sales Associate / Part-Time (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NJMarch 27, 2015
I was introduced to retail and promotions which was very exciting. The sales environment was challenging but very rewarding. I have a lot of knowledge about retail sales that will assist me in any sales position I decide to pursue.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Discount clothing
Cons: less hours
Learning how to use the cash register and stock and dress an entire store. Wasn't many hours that was given, and had to stand for long periods of time standing in front of a store. The enjoyable part is getting a big discount on clothing.
Great place to learn selling skills
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Product discounts each month, merchandise
Cons: Lack of payroll, compensation, leadership
My time at Ann Taylor was short, as the store was low traffic and they could not afford to keep us all on the schedule with reasonable hours, even though I was part of the leadership team. You do learn to be more one-on-one with the customer and create more of a relationship with them. Some associates would get upset if you helped "their" customer or if you sold them something while that associate wasn't there, which is just ridiculous. The sales team was great, sweet, knowledgeable...same for the assistant managers. The few months I was there, we went through 3 store managers.; none of which were very empowering or motivating...lack of delegating and trust. Due to the low traffic and sales (and being in a small, dark corner of a mall), they ended up closing that store not soon after I left.

1 2 3 4 5

About ANN INC.

ANN INC. (NYSE: ANN) At ANN INC., WE GET WOMEN. Real women live ever more complicated lives. They juggle more activities, play – Read more

ANN INC. Salaries