ANN INC.

ANN INC. Employer Reviews

benifical learning experience
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), North Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 20, 2014
gave me great experience and helped me come out of my shell to be more social and interactive to help accomplish my work goals. over all a great experience for a person like me
Ann Taylor LOFT
Ann Taylor (Current Employee), San FranciscoDecember 16, 2014
I have to be a personal stylist to our clients and treat her as if she was my best friend.
Great company strictly focused on women
Co-Manager (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VADecember 15, 2014
I run a 15 member team of young women who make it worth coming to work everyday. The hardest part of the job is being able to accomplish more than I can.
Fast pace and productive work place
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Novato, CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: wages and opportunity for growth
Cons: healthcare, short breaks, no work/life balance
As Co-Manager I acted as the back bone of the store manager. Completing opening and closing paperwork and delegating tasks accordingly so she was able to do all the "behind the scenes" stuff. This was an extremely face paced work environment that required constant multi-tasking to keep up with company standards while maintaing outstanding customer service – more... values. I learned a wide variety of things all the way from corporate net sales planning and goals to merchandising the store.
The management team was a very strong aspect of this company and very supportive to all of its employees which in turn made for willing and happy workers. We were all driven and willing to work as team players.
However being a Co-Manager, at first, I found it difficult to develop a a manager, associate relationship without being to friendly. With help from my store manager I was able to differentiate the two and became a well respected manager figure. I found it very enjoyable and rewarding to be able to help run such a well admired facility. – less
Located in a great area
Cashier (Former Employee), ChicagoDecember 14, 2014
Pros: extensive discounts for employees
Cons: short breaks
It was a great place to work. Retail is a tough business. Customer Service is top priority for this company.
Nice place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Arlington, VADecember 12, 2014
It was part-time work so the pay wasn't too great. While I was there I learned how to work with different types of people. The different styles and attention that different people needed. The management team was great. They knew exactly what they were and needed to do. As well as the associates. The hardest part of the job was unpacking 48 boxes of – more... shipment in a short amount of time. Unwrapping clothing, shoes and accessories one by one and sorting them to be put out in the store. The most enjoyable part was the team work from the managers and associates. everyone worked so well together on all the shifts so there was never really a problem. – less
Great company to work for
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 11, 2014
busy atmosphere
fun people to work with
great customer service
Exciting and Creative Work Atmosphere
Sales Lead/Credit Coach (Key holder) (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 10, 2014
Pros: creative atmosphere
Working for Ann Inc. has been a great learning experience for me. It has exposed me to various sides of the retail industry. Coming into this job I had never worked retail before and I was a little timid upon starting. Over time I became more confident and assertive which made me a more effective communicator and leader, which helped me work my way – more... up to a sales lead. Not only was I able to present fun and different ways for my team and I to meet store metrics but I was able to be involved in the creative display/marketing side of retail. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all of our hard work payoff once store metrics were met. – less
Resourceful
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia,PADecember 9, 2014
I enjoyed all of the tools and support that we were given to create displays as well as the store hours. I enjoyed training the staff and well as assisting with new ideas to obtain goals.
Structured environment in a tough retail world
Senior Analyst, Company Planning (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 8, 2014
Pros: very structured, solid leadership
Cons: too rigid at times
The company is very structured. For those who like that environment, I fully support anyone going there.

However, the company is in a tough situation being overbought and having to run deep discounts.
Interesting workplace but not worth the pay
Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDDecember 8, 2014
Cons: 30 min breaks
everything is based on the environment you are in. different stores, different management, different outcome! know your policies because you could lose your management at anytime and when a new one comes in they WILL try to run over you! they try to work you as much as possible for a pay of the bare minimum.
Sales
Desk Associate/Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 3, 2014
Ann Taylor a place to call home. Fashion is always changing and Ann Taylor keeps up with the trends with a twist of class to it.
Wonderful place to work with great staff
Sales Lead (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 3, 2014
Pros: environment
Cons: no benefits but working near full time
Hard dealing with some of the tougher clients but the usual retail stuff. easy to connect with coworkers and management.
Great place to work if into Fashion.
Sales Associate/Stylist and Cashier (Former Employee), Columbia, MDNovember 25, 2014
As a fashion designer working at Ann Taylor allows me to style and apply my merchandising and styling skills. I would recommend a great smile and customer service, comfortable but stylish shoes and a positive attitude to bring income and open credit cards.
Productive and Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 21, 2014
Management was always respectful and knowledgeable. A typical work day was always fast paced (mid-day and closing shifts). My co-workers always had a positive attitude and great team players.
A good entry level retail position
Sales Lead (management) / Associate (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 20, 2014
ANN Inc. is a great company to work for if you are interested in fashion and want to work in a fast paced, client focused environment. You can easily move from a sales associate position to a sales lead position quickly if you are motivated.
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Co Manager (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDNovember 19, 2014
Pros: benefits (50% off discount)
Cons: short breaks
With a great team in place this can be a fun and rewarding environment to work in. Everyday involves something different which requires multitasking and enhancing your customer service skills. One of the most enjoyable part of this job is getting to style clients and having them walk out the doors feeling great about themselves.
Fun environment
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 19, 2014
ANN INC. Is a great company for associates who work part-time.
You will love the clothes and the discount. The client is also great because they become familiar with you and create bonds.

It is a fun and fast pasted work day on the weekends but sometimes it can be very slow. I will always help to get to know your co-workers, they will keep you motivated.
Amazing Corporate Internship
Ann Taylor Sourcing Intern (Current Employee), new york, NYNovember 18, 2014
Pros: free snacks, cool fundraising activities, employees are accesible
Their program is amazing. They do everything in their power to make you feel like an employee. You enjoy all the benefits, the culture is quite frankly amazing and people are super nice. It is a place where you want to wake up everyday and show up!
Fun yet productive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), White Plains, NYNovember 18, 2014
My very first assistant manager position. Learned leadership, taking the initiative, and working as a team to accomplish one main goal.

1 2 3 4 5

About ANN INC.

ANN INC. (NYSE: ANN) At ANN INC., WE GET WOMEN. Real women live ever more complicated lives. They juggle more activities, play – Read more