ANN INC.

ANN INC. Employer Reviews

Decent job, depending where you're at.
Stockroom Associate (Current Employee), FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: some guests you meet are nice.
Cons: short breaks, hard to move up, tell you what you want to hear, overload you with work than get upset when it doesn't get finished.
Depending on what state and which branch of Ann Taylor you work for will make or break how much you like your job. I have now worked in two locations, the first one was my favorite store by far, close knit team, everyone got along, basic stuff. Management was great, although whenever a new manager was brought in it sometimes took longer for them to figure everything than if they just promoted from within. Most of the time you weren't even told if a new position was available, so unless you hounded your boss you were more than likely not going to move up. The second location, was ok. The management I feel is awful, when they are not complaining about the guests that come through they are talking bad behind someones back. The hardest part of the job is knowing when you get there for a shift you will more than likely be extended by two to three more hours... Hard to do anything outside of work because you are always there. Hours usually get cut to about five a week during the summer if you aren't full time, and no one but management is full time. Other than that I have met some really great people while working for this company. Typically I will be given five or six tasks at once that require more than one person and than get rude looks when they don't get completed fast.

This is basically a good beginning job, or something to do if you are retired, other than that I would seriously think about getting a degree and finding a better place to work.
Marketing Administrator
District Marketing Administrator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 24, 2015
LOFT, District Marketing Administrator March 2008- August 2009
• Audit store set per visual standards and safety regulations
• Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments and coordinates meetings as required
• Develop staff on visual guides to maximize dollars per square foot
• Safety and security policy and procedures training for onboarding
• Adherence to attendance policy, teammate safety and work schedule
Great place
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Ann Inc is a great place to work and teaches you tools to be successful in the retail business. The management team is very helpful.
Productive and fun work place.
Sales Associate/cashier/visual (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: visual merchandising
Cons: managment
Coming in and getting a warm up of what the sales and promotions are, and your placement in the store for the day. I learned how to merchandise as I was taught under the store merchant so I was able to recieve one on one. I also was on the visual team, when new product was pushed into the store I would process shipment as well as stock work. Visual and merchandising was the best part of the job.
Amazing!
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, excellent management, consistent!
Cons: n/a
I'd work here again in a heart beat! This company was wonderful! They treat their employee's with respect and are constantly grooming them for the next step in their careers. Ann has a culture of education and care. We often did charity work as a part of our job and they really make you feel like you make a difference! Loving It!
Smile
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Excellent work environment, we worked together to accomplish store goals. The management team is very professional.
Great Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Locust Grove, GaFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: benefits & discounts
Cons: the drive to work
Ann Loft was my first retail experience. I learned lots here to take wit me in the future. They taught me how great customer service skills like how to treat and greet customers. Help them with identifying specifically what their wants and needs. My co-workers were always a blast and helpful. The hardest about this job was making sure you always gave every thing you had to this job.
A day with me at Ann Taylor
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: fashion, good people, team oriented
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at Ann Taylor is being surrounded by good people. Ann Taylor's guest and co-workers are all worth working for. Ann Taylor is team oriented. Management listen's to employee's worries and concerns that is kept confidential. There was nothing hard about the job, but if you were not a peoples person this job was not for you. The most part about the job that I enjoyed was giving my opinion to customers about clothing. I have a since of fashion that I love to explore.
A friendly environment where you can learn and gain experience.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 16, 2015
a friendly environment where you can learn and gain experience. The managers are very respectful and always willing to help.
Store management is amazing and truly cares about employees. Great customers and a really great place to work.
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Gresham, ORFebruary 15, 2015
Really great staff and management in the store. Almost all of our customers are great to work with and we know many by their names.
Great Retail Experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Midlothian, VAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: 50% off on full priced items
Cons: hours fluctuated
Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
Monitor sales activities to ensure that customers receive satisfactory service and quality goods
Enforce safety, health, and security rules
Examine merchandise to ensure that it is correctly priced and displayed and that it functions as advertised

I learned tactics to sell products to clients and make them feel good after the purchase of product.

We had a Loft Team of usually 10-17 workers everyone worked good together.

Entire store sales days are the most difficult days, packed store, returns, purchases, "go backs" ( clothes that have to be folded or put back on the racks).

great team environment. provide consistent coaching, provide great tools to ensure associates have great product knowledge.
Store Manager / Visual Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: excellent training
Cons: none5
Great team atmosphere. A typical day is filled with ensuring associates are delivering the best customer service, ensuring all manages are delivering on their commitments as well as training and developing. Following p on all team members to ensure we are on target with our deliverables. The most enjoyable part is the interaction with customers and connecting with them through great service
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Oversee thew day to day operations and partner with corporate around product assortment. Lead visual changes and implemented development plans for the team to growth their skills.
I love working for LOFT!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free food on special occasions, employee discounts
Cons: lots of standing/walking.
Overall, Loft has a great feel. Working there has been a pleasure and especially at a busy store. A typical day at work includes greeting the customers, letting them know about any promotions or sales going on that day, offering to start a fitting room if they have picked out several items, keeping up with the client, offering styling advice, and finally proceeding to check out. On a busy day each team member may play only a few of these rolls, but on slower days one employee may do all of the above. I have learned a lot about customer service, keeping personal and business life separate, putting the customer first, and how to better my communication skills. My coworkers are great. Since we don't work on commission it creates a more relaxed environment and promotes teamwork. My managers are all very knowledgeable about the goals and product of our company. My store manager is amazing. She strikes the perfect balance between being a good boss and being pleasant to work with. If you are looking for a job, the Loft is definitely somewhere to consider. The hardest part of the job is working with unreasonable clientele, however, the majority of the clientele that I have faced are pleasant. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with and establishing relationships with our loyal clients!
Workplace with a lot of growth and learning opportunities
Sales Lead- Direct (Current Employee), Hanover, MDFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks standing all day short hours
A typical workday consists of maintaining the sales floor and assisting the customers. Maintaining the wardrobe making sure it is clean, neat and all the clothes are put onto a rack and clothes they're folded are on the table. In between clients when it is slow make sure the tables are folded and clothes are on the rack. In the back is where stock is done. Working as a team you process shipment that comes in. (50 plus boxes) Working in the retail industry you're constantly on your feet all day so make sure you're wearing comfortable shoes. The atmosphere is friendly and inviting. Everybody works as a team to keep the store neat and clean before the end of the day. The hardest part of the job is getting clients to join for a loft or ann taylor rewards card aka a store credit card. Either most clients already have one or just aren't interested in applying for one. Definitely persuasion skills is a must.
Great environment for growth
Sales Lead, Manager on Duty (Current Employee), Chandler, AZFebruary 3, 2015
Great place to work, company cares about employees. Typical day involves having strong customer service skills and constant interaction with customers. Management team is very supportive and wants to see you succeed.
Great learning experience
Sales Lead, Member of the Management Team (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great group of women
Cons: management at second location lacked coaching and development
I worked at Ann Taylor Loft for 2 years and appreciated the potential they saw in me upon arrival, I was promoted to the management team within 6 months of being employed and transferred to a higher volume store. I worked with an amazing group of women, and enjoyed supporting Susan G. Komen and St. Judes Children's Hospital
great associate engagement
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 29, 2015
a typical day a work includes answering phone calls, assisting costumers, and preforming daily cleaning tasks. You will spend most of your time on your feet but if you enjoy working in retail this is a great place to work. You will love the people you work with and the employee discount is fantastic.
Great place to work, learn and grow
Director, Loyalty Marketing (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 28, 2015
ANN INC. is a highly collaborative work environment. As an Associate you wear many different hats and have the opportunity to do what you do best each and every day.

There is a great work/ life balance and everyone is committed to doing what is right for our client.
Fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San JUan., PRJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: security
I did not work very long in this job but I did learn new things and it was enjoyable.

1 2 3 4 5

About ANN INC.

ANN INC. (NYSE: ANN) At ANN INC., WE GET WOMEN. Real women live ever more complicated lives. They juggle more activities, play – Read more