ANN INC. Employee Reviews

Found 1,087 reviews matching the search
Safe and productive workplace
Co- Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJanuary 22, 2017
Day to day consist of selling clothing. I learned visuals, importance of belonging to a team that works towards goals set forth by corporate. Management is not the best in this workplace. If you don't mind working whenever its a really good place to work. The hardest part of the job is Management and scheduling and I mostly enjoyed working with a diverse group and serving a diverse clientel.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 17, 2017
management was terrible but overall a good environment; at the time there was several college students working there which opened up the opportunity to network and to meet different people
Productive & Busy
Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  Dulles Town Center, VAJanuary 16, 2017
a typical day at work we learned all the time, we would always be helping our clients be happy and leave successful from our store. Our teammates were really helpful to each other and we were willing to help each other in case we were having a hard time with something. The hardest part of the job was having to manage to keep the store clean and at the expectation of the management due that it was a busy store and time of season. The management were good, until it got to a point that they were having problems with everyone.
Pros
good discounts, nice clothing
Cons
short breaks, management, and low pay
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 12, 2017
Meeting new people everyday and feeling that I made a difference in their day by making them feel important.

Wardrobe discount was a major plus! Beautiful clothing.
Great company to gain experience from and move on
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 11, 2017
Great company to gain experience from and move on. As the store was doing well, so was your job security. As the fall of Ann, Inc was a direct impact on Loft, all aspects of the company went down hill.... merchandise quality, payroll hours, etc.. Big changes after sale of the company
Fun and room for growth
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Tulalip, WAJanuary 11, 2017
I was able to grow and do something enjoyable. It was a great first job and was able to take what I learned with me to where I am at today. A high standard of professionalism is the expectation of the average employee, as 90% of shoppers were generally shopping for work attire.
Great co
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2017
Really enjoyed my experience. I was there for 6 years and was a high level GM. They really invested in their people. District Sales manager was great. Really great environment.
You can do way better
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Uncomfortable place to work... co workers where the only good part about it. hours were bad so pay was bad. co managers are uptight and intimidating..
High expectations/high work load
Assistant Product Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Working at Ann Taylor Loft was a great experience.
Management expected a lot from you.
Hours were long and work load high.
I met some great life long friends and am glad I had the experience.
i learned a lot about working at a NYC based corporate office.
Very valuable experience.
great work, enviornment
Stylist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 9, 2017
great work environment. I love driving sales and meeting sales goalswith my team. the hardest part of the job would be there are not that many days off. and the most enjoyable part would be the discount.
Exciting place to grow
International Merchant & Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Ann Inc. is a great overall company to work for. The company honors its associates by continuously developing and enhancing the work space. Compensation is marketably higher than many other fashion businesses. Advancement occurs often and exposure to the entire lifecycle of the goods is available to all. Ann Inc. is a business driven by 90% women and each is highly encouraged to make a difference in gender barriers.
Pros
Competitive compensation, work/life balance and developing environment
Cons
Some healthcare benefits
Great place to work.
Sales Associate/Visual Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORJanuary 8, 2017
Loved the coworkers and the style line. Daily duties included receiving new product and display on sales floor following POG. Also sales to customers as required and working registers.
horrible
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLJanuary 6, 2017
i was accused of stealing when i opened back door after hearing repeated knocking. i was very offended as i do believe it had to do with race and stereotyping. management was very snobby and not understanding in most situations. Felt annoyed that i had to beg people to open credit cards to keep my job.
Fun exciting always trending company
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJJanuary 4, 2017
Run and operate a small store
All ins and outs of retail and working for a great company
Management was great, fun and friendly
Hardest part of the job was pushing to achieve sales plans
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be so hands on with learning the company
Pros
Company Events
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive and fun workplace.
Stockroom Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Outlet of high end woman's clothing. Great staff and management, good pay with benefits, and quality product. Fun atmosphere to work in and nothing but great things to say about this company.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Work weekends
Great place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 4, 2017
Great Place to work! Atmosphere and co-workers are great as well as the management. The clothes are always trendy and stay current up to date trends.
Customer Service
Lead Stock Associate/Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2017
manage the stock inventory for the whole store. From clothing to accessories to shoes. Must be very detail oriented and pay close attention.
Fast Paste and Productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 3, 2017
A typical day at Ann Taylor Loft would start off by reviewing the store promotions that are currently going for the day. I'd usually receive a brief review for store plan of the day by the Manger of the Day. The hardest part of the job is telling the customer that we do not have the product that they're currently looking for. Although there's another way to solve this solution. There are Ipads in the store where the Sales Associate has access to where they are able to place orders. My co-workers were fun to work with they are creative and energetic, but working them I've learned to deal with different personalities on a professional matter. The most enjoyable moment part of the job was working with my clients and getting them to know them. I love dressing them and helping create outfits as well as giving them ideas on how to create outfits when they're by themselves.
AMAZING until new management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Very fast pace, lots of customer service. When new management came in, they did everything in their power to cut out the veterans that worked there by being shady; giving them 3 hour shifts, waiting until they were on vacation to tell them they were on the schedule (even though, they approved it before leaving).Threatening, etc.
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJanuary 2, 2017
loved working here it was absolutely great such a fun time. such good people great discounts and prizes during holidays along with incentives when you meet goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANN INC.. Our community is ready to answer.