ANN Inc.

ANN Inc. Employee Reviews

Very creative workplace
Sales Stylist (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 30, 2015
Working here was fun and awesome. You had the freedom to express your creativity while helping customers at the same time. I loved working here and helping style customers.
it's ok
Sales Lead (Current Employee), New JerseyJuly 30, 2015
management is somewhat understanding about life. what's horrible is the forcing of wearing the new merchandise. you might as well give them your paycheck.
Fun place to work if you love fashion
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2015
Fun place to work but requires being on your feet the entire shift. Make sure store is organized and be friendly to customers. Fun way to gain customer service experience.
Sales Associate
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2015
Previously a sales associate of Ann Taylor was nice for the time being until I had to officially stand down in order to complete my bachelors degree. But overall as a company it's like a family it's hard work but it pays off. You always had to make sure that you arrived at least 45 minutes early to get the 411 on what was going on as well as take the time for yourself before you clocked in or even eat. There was no time to be late if you were late you must throw your stuff in your locker as soon as you got there especially if it was lunch time or peak hour. We were constantly busy up keeping the store and making sure clients were always happy and got the best deals.
Friendly great place to work.
Sales (Current Employee), Victor, NYJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Discounts on clothing.
Cons: Limited hours
A typical day at work is servicing clients, with multi-task responsibilities from working the cash wrap, answering phones, getting to know clients by name, styling them, straightening up the store and filling shipping orders. The management is friendly with solid team work and friendly atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of the day is helping clients with their needs.
Great Staff Just Wrong Management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Environmnet
Cons: Politics
Loved my staff they made work a lot of fun can say that for my other managers. One was so attacking not just I work but tried to call around from my old employers posing as a employer I was applying to. To try to get dirt on me to smear my reputation. Calling HR saying I was a danger to the work environment and tried to hack into my personal phone, email and social media (linkedin) to say I had another job. Other than the one person (who still is in the company) I enjoyed my time there.
Excellent and fun work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE/STOCK CLERK (Current Employee), Chula Vista, CAJuly 22, 2015
Provides tools and resources to further our work environment in all areas. Values engaged teams by developing collaborate and productive relationships through the sharing of each individuals ideas. Lays focus on building long lasting client relationships by engaging in a "Client First" atmosphere. All in all, a well accomplished company that is comprised of a great staff and clientele.
The best job I've ever had
Sales Associate/Stylist (Former Employee), Larchmont, NYJuly 22, 2015
Working at Ann Taylor was an amazing experience for me. My co workers were great, even the customers. The most enjoyable part about working at Ann Taylor was being able to interact with females about fashion. The women that came into Ann Taylor always gave me a challenge when they came to visit. And thats what i loved. The hardest part was leaving at the end of the work day. The people around me made my job very enjoyable.
Fun environment and great clients
Sales, Stock and Cash Wrap Associate (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJJuly 22, 2015
Pros: New clientel on daily bases, promotions, employee discounts
Cons: Short or no breaks at all, no real focus on the product.
Mostly fast paced, Upbeat. Fun environment and great clients coming through the door. You get to establish strong relationships with customers and peers. Classic style clothing that's decent quality with great associate discounts. Yet the downfall is the company's extreme focus on getting new credit cards or convincing cardholders to "upgrade".
Extremely intense line of work, customer satisfaction is a must, and multi-tasking required
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Queenstown, MDJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits, and salary desired
Cons: management style, lack of communication in some areas as well as organization
Once I got to work, the entire day was extremely productive, and there was always work to be done, as well as tasks to be delegated. This job provided quite an experience both with learning life lessons and how to promote a healthy, feesable lifestyle while looking and feeling great. In order to be successful, knowing fashion and how to keep up with the pace of the work place is a must.
Upbeat Retail
Lead Cashier and Stock Associate (Former Employee), Aurora, ILJuly 19, 2015
In my role, I was in control of the cash wrap, I handled transactions, returns/sales, over the phone orders, checking inventory, assisting with stock and also maintaining the sales floor and assisting customers. My coworkers were very helpful and the hardest part of the job was accepting things that I knew were wrong in some cases. The most enjoyable part was being able to interact with different women of different shapes and sizes and seeing them leave happy.
high paced high energy work place
Store Manager (Current Employee), Reno, NVJuly 15, 2015
The best part of my job is building relationships with new and interesting people. Working in an ever changing environment is always an opportunity to grow and learn.
Productive,fun place to work. Like to communicate with clients. As well making sales.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Eastchester, NYJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Short break
Cons: Short break, Healcare.
To start the day we fill in the inventory, organizing the store.
Making as many sales as possible, with professional communication towards clients.
Taking over the register when needed.
Great relationship with my manager and coworkers.
The hardest part is inventory and re-organizing the whole store.
The most enjoyable part of the job, if I have a productive day and great communication with my client and coworkers and my manager.
A Job to look forward to!
Sales associate (Current Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIJuly 13, 2015
I am currently employed, and it's a great place to work. Your around employees who will make sure you are in a fun work environment. It's almost like having a work family, I guarantee you'll leave work with good experience.
Great place to shop but expecations were too high
Co Manager (Former Employee), Commerce, GAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Good employee discounts
Cons: no set schedule
I worked for the Loft Outlet divison of Ann, Inc. Great value on a great casual look. I learned to do the visual aspect of monthly store sets. This was always my favorite part of the job. At the time I left my experience with my upper management was not the greatest. The district manager at the time managed to run off every store amanger and almost all the co-managers in her district during her time in this position.
Productive Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Great hrs
Cons: short lunch Break
It was always interesting working at Ann Taylor. I love the interaction with the customers and helping them was always a pleasure. The staff was enjoyable to be around as well as the management.
Wonderful place to work
Co- Manager (Current Employee), Saint Augustine, FLJuly 10, 2015
Ann Inc. is a company that strives to help women put their best foot forward on a daily basis, and that extends to its employees as well. The company as a whole goes above and beyond to ensure that its employees have all the necessary tools for success, and create and environment that is not only fun, but also engaging for both employees and clients. Workload is pretty extensive, but there are tools in place to help complete tasks in a timely manner without making us feel like we are in over our heads, and there is always plenty of time to plan for heavier shipments/ markdowns/ traffic. That is the most taxing part of the job. The easiest and most enjoyable part of the job is the people aspect- we as employees are literally paid to create relationships with customers and help them shop.
Company was recently sold
Sales Associate (Current Employee), NYJuly 9, 2015
The recent selling of the company has caused for the lay off or severely cut hours of valued employees. The new management is messy and unprofessional
Productive and fun work enviornment where you can grow and learn
LOFT Outlet Acting Store Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Growth, Benefits, friendly environment
Cons: stock room size
Great company, with great benefits and resources also management teams that are willing to groom and develop associates to reach their full potential.
Greeting and engaging with customers was high priority to sell clothes
Part-time Sales Associate/Stock Person (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Employee discounts such 50% off original price, and additional 40% when met monthly sales goal
Cons: Buying too many clothes and maximizing credit
When opening the store with store manager, cleaned the cashier register area, aligned the clothes correctly, replenished any clothing item that was needed on the floor, size organization, price markdowns. When customers arrived to the store greet them and welcome them to store. After a couple of minutes walk with them and try to engage in a conversation with them. Talk in a soft gentle tone and listen to them carefully where they would like to use the clothes, for a meeting/conference, brunch with the girls, weddings, etc. In the fitting rooms, I would talk to them about the benefits of opening credit cards with Ann Taylor. For clothing items returned ask them why if changed their mind about a certain item so that this information can be relayed back to top level management.

1 2 3 4 5

About ANN Inc.

ANN INC. (NYSE: ANN) At ANN INC., WE GET WOMEN. Real women live ever more complicated lives. They juggle more activities, play – Read more

ANN Inc. Salaries