ANN INC. Employee Reviews

Sales clerk
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 31, 2017
This was a part time job for me. I have no feelings about it one way or the other. The clothing discount was nice and the part time hours accommodated my full time first job.
Pros
discount
Cons
hard work
fun place to work with business insight available
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 31, 2017
every day is a busy day. You need to always be knowledgeable of the company and current sales and benefits. This is a great place to work and meet different connections.
Pros
discounts
Cons
n/a
Great place to work as an associate
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSAugust 30, 2017
If you are looking at applying to LOFT as an associate go for it, 50% off everyday discount, 70% off seasonal voucher book, and at least at the store I worked for, flexible hours. Unfortunately I was in a management position. We are always facing staffing shortages, tasking with minimal payroll, and unrealistic credit goals.
Relaxed environment
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 30, 2017
Positive place to work the pace was slow except for the holidays. Customer loyalty was their number one priority. I left the company due to conflict of interest with the gap.
my review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 29, 2017
I took the job offer because of the team that was working there at the time. Since then the team has left and the work place environment has changed dramatically! The hours have dropped and shifts schedules have changed the whole dynamics of the store has turned for the worse and no longer is a good fit for me.I hope going forward with the new management team things work out for the store.
Pros
you get a nice discount
Cons
lack of consistent management and hours
First job
Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 29, 2017
This would be my first job I ever got. I learned the cashier duties, and sort of the receptionist duties as well. I also learned the stock room duties and made sure we had all items outside on the floor to sell.
Fun, face paced, super great managers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 28, 2017
I loved working at the Loft Outlet. Both the Manager and Co-Manager were very nice and helpful along with awesome co-workers. Everyday there was a new task which made it fun! Highly recommend.
My Workplace
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 28, 2017
My recent job was a nice fast pace job. People was awesome and the management was great. Learned a lot from the people and the workplace. The hardest was the lifting and to be quick but was manageable.
Women's Apparel
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 25, 2017
Increased sales production in women's apparel in a very competitive market in the Burlington area. Assisted on all credit card sales and managed inventory but not limited to daily cash handling.
Pros
Great clothes
Cons
Not enough hours
Very friendly work enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VA 22314August 25, 2017
A lot a promotions going on sometimes which makes harder to keep track of it.

Even though the management is very helpful, friendly with everyone sometimes feels that some projects are only dedicated to particular employees not giving much a change to another for learning.

The hard part is with dealing with multiple customers in the fitting room, not being able to have back up or extra help due lack of cover sometimes.

Overall a great environment when you see the managers interacting with customers, and employees making it fun and no stress.

I learned a lot about folding, visual tricks for displaying merchandise same as fitting.
Pros
great management team and employees, nice store, great location for public transportation, very friendly working environment.
Cons
short breaks, poor coverage some weekends, few lockers and a small break room.
Clothes are overpriced and management is terrible
Full Time Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Johnson Creek, WIAugust 24, 2017
If you like the clothes and can play the game with management, the job itself is not bad. Do not like the fact that they make you buy a new outfit every floor set.
Fun Fast Paced Work Place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCAugust 24, 2017
A typical day at this store would include doing marketing change, and store set change, dressing your clients, and handling budgets. Ann Taylor Loft is one of the hardest companies I have ever worked for however they give you all of the tools and guidance that you need to get to where you and them want you to be.
Fun
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 23, 2017
Its a small team so you get know each other. I worked there part time so no benefits were offered. You also get to learn a lot about how the store run so its a great place to work your way up.
Pros
great discount
Cons
not a lot of hours
A fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 23, 2017
Fun environment to work in as long as you have the right managers. The workload is very heavy with little support. The relationships with returning clients made it worth it..
Pros
Discount, fun enviornment
Cons
no work/life balance
Credit vs Client
manager (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 21, 2017
Tons of focus on loyalty. For those of us who love fashion, it takes the fun out of working with a client when you know all the company truly cares about it whether that person becomes a credit application.
Pros
Great teams
Enjoyable work place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 21, 2017
It's a nice part time job, employees are fun to work with and the managers are easy to get along with. It can get busy and hectic sometimes but everyone is always helpful and willing to lend a helping hand. Hrs could be better and it would be nice if the manager wouldn't play favorites and give us all an equal amount of hrs and not just to the managers friends or family. Hires too many ppl instead of giving those hrs to the employees who want those hrs.
Pros
15 minute breaks.
Cons
No benefits.
Stressful and Unfair
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NCAugust 20, 2017
Ann Inc pays very little for lower level managers as well as associates. The higher up management is not oversaw by their superiors thus allowing unfair scheduling practices and favoritism to take place. The company as a whole does not invest in their employees as places should.
Cons
low pay, always working weekends and nights.
Ann Inc. - Wonderful Experience
Assistant Merchant, Sweaters (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2017
I joined Ann Inc. immediately after college and could not ask for a better first corporate job experience. I believe I was spoiled early in my career with fabulous leadership and great team dynamics!
aweful company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 19, 2017
Ann Taylor is not a good company to work for. They do not value people working hard. the respect between managers and employees is horrible. I would not recommend to apply.
Great at the time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MA 02467August 18, 2017
When working there during the remodel they look out for employees giving gift cards and bravos which are extra discounts. was an interesting job but was cool.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANN INC.. Our community is ready to answer.